Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria (9234 Views)

In Need Of A Bike Courier In Lagos / Fedex Redstar Express And Customs Wants To Extort Me / Any Same-day Delivery Courier In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 9:52am On May 05, 2018
And I'm trying to ship with FedEx at present! shocked
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On May 05, 2018
Ucheamani:

UPS too is a crap. They'll still collude with customs and give you a wrong duty with a higher HS code. DHL is the best, they are professionals and highly efficient and because they use their own facilities, their services are smoother and faster.
I once returned a machine spare part of $10,000 to US through UPS. The package was wrongly handled and as a result was delivered broken. Till today, the company refused to refund the money. Both UPS and FedEx are a bunch of irresponsible courier firms.
Yeeeeeeeeeeee! I hope they'll handle my package well o. Thank you for tell me. I'll never use their services again.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2018
Alejoc:
Somebody may not know about NIPOST Cargo service yet.... I am a self appointed NIPOST Ambassador

NIPOST is a back and better and can carry any goods and deliver to the most interior of locations at one of the best price imaginable.... I have been impressed with their service lately l
Can I know how to get through this?
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by Originalsly: 10:21am On May 05, 2018
Christardor:
please, what's their modus operandi?
I would love to know sir

FEDEX is the best when it comes to express deliveries.....getting documents to the destination in a very short time....but it will cost you an arm and a leg. Sending a parcel will put a dent in your life savings account.
NIPOST..like USPS...is a government agency. ... a service... not a profit making agency. It is subsidized by the FG.... and if it makes a profit...the profit goes back to the FG and they would have to reduce costs....they're suppose to break even. That's why NIPOST/USPS is always wayyy less expensive than FEDEX/UPS/DHL.
NIPOST/USPS International express service...similar to FEDEX is EMS. NIPOST/USPS does not have their own planes (USPS had..got rid of them yearssss ago). Should you send a document via EMS, it goes via FEDEX to the destination country e.g US.... where USPS receives it at the airport and takes it to the destination.
FEDEX/UPS/DHL were all established to serve the business world...corporations ...not the masses....the reason why they are very active in large cities...the reason why they charge corporate prices. You pay through the nose to send a parcel via FEDEX/UPS/DHL.....do you know 9 out of 10 times they drop it off to USPS to deliver?....that they are middlemen?....that if you used NIPOST instead it would've gone directly to USPS to deliver? ...and would've cost you wayyy less?
On complaints and apparent overcharges/blackmail......get your tracking number and all records...then call FedEx customer service number in the US to make your complain.... they will have all the official information. If you were cheated...they will let you know...and will compensate you for it....and more importantly...will be investigating the franchise and if need be....shutting them down. People need to complain for them to know all is not well. I'm done...thirsty....need a drink...maybe two!

1 Like

Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by Sagay212: 11:37am On May 05, 2018
Ucheamani:
FedEx is the worst courier company in Nigeria. I say so because each time I receive a spare part from abroad, FedEx staff collude with corrupt Nigeria custom agent at the Airport to use a wrong HS code so that my duty will be high.
If I receive same from DHL, I not only pay a lower duty but I also get it faster Because DHL have in-house Custom staff in their facility a d they can even allow you to pick up at the airport if you so wish.
DHL is also quite responsive to complaints but FedEx takes forever to answer and they won't do nothing. FedEx service in Nigeria is a crap.

baba all of them are terrible...Dhl, fedex, UPS
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by ponti93(m): 12:01pm On May 05, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
abegi
after they align with ndlea to obtain u.
dah year i got an ipad from fedex
next thing they draft an invoice with diff figures
they said i must pay 32k before they deliver the package
afta all my rants
threats
curses
dem still hold am
i had to swallow my pride and paid at gtb
dnt eva use fedex or dhl. they are criminals who align with ndlea to extort money from unsuspecting victims.

bastardss
you should have reported them... Normally dhl doesn't charge d reciver
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by donqx: 12:14pm On May 05, 2018
dhl has been knocked out due to ridiculous outrageous customs patnership tax duties placed ln customers who has now left them for good.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by HoodBillionaire: 12:16pm On May 05, 2018
reported to who
wen it was fromndhl customer care
went to dia office
did every
they said its import duities bla bla bla
ponti93:
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by donqx: 12:17pm On May 05, 2018
Alejoc:
Somebody may not know about NIPOST Cargo service yet.... I am a self appointed NIPOST Ambassador

NIPOST is a back and better and can carry any goods and deliver to the most interior of locations at one of the best price imaginable.... I have been impressed with their service lately l

guy beware of Nipost ...they have now patnered with corrupt customs officers and started charging high duties on even registered mail.this is a new development and they are digging their failure graves already. I am sure this is caused by those corrupt dhl fedex tnt staffs whom inform the corrupt customs staffs that they are loosing business and customers to Nipost due to excessive duties , Now those corrupt elements are now with Nipost .beware ..I was charged over 41k few days ago for item worth 22usd at nipost office.item was just a speaker from china registered mail and normal charges before now was 500naira.

I ask the staff he claim it is the new development from customs nipost partnership to charge 2 duties. first custom duties and second nipost duties.

I rejected the item immediately to be sent back to sender.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by mamajaz(f): 12:18pm On May 05, 2018
mamaafrik:
All these people giving award need to do their samplings very well,see complains everywhere.
When thieves dey give award to thieves, what do you expect
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by IYIMAN: 3:57pm On May 05, 2018
DHL remains the best from my experience. Used both in the past 2 years. DHL never disappointed, timely delivery, no drama. FedEx can drag document all around the world before getting to final destination.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by skales67(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2018
Godjone:
I DISAGREE. GIG LOGISTICS REMAINS THE BEST

Bro...we are talking of international courier companies and you are talking about GIG logistics that is just national? undecided
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by viqSmallz(m): 6:23pm On May 05, 2018
I see alot of ignorant comments here.

Are we aware that on every imported shipment duties are charged except a waiver has been granted by customs?

I �think we need to take our time to understand the process of importation before raising false alarm.

no doubt there are some fraudulent people amongst Nigerians but we need to learn first before accusing.

I will be open to anyone who has any form of questions regarding importation clearance and it's procedures.

@ https://www.nairaland.com/4488954/questions-importation-clearance-procedures#67309175

P. S: I don't work for FedEx.. I am in the system.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by naija911: 9:59pm On May 05, 2018
Hi all...in my opinion, we always want to see the bad side of everything. But we never commend courier companies for good and excellent services. I remember when I wanted to do blood transfusion....it was a matter of life and death and we needed blood from LUTH to UCH...it was a 24hour delivery but because of the urgency, it was given to FedEx from LUTH and they delivered to UCH within 12 hours. I remained greatful to them for this excellent service.

Ucheamani:
FedEx is the worst courier company in Nigeria. I say so because each time I receive a spare part from abroad, FedEx staff collude with corrupt Nigeria custom agent at the Airport to use a wrong HS code so that my duty will be high.
If I receive same from DHL, I not only pay a lower duty but I also get it faster Because DHL have in-house Custom staff in their facility a d they can even allow you to pick up at the airport if you so wish.
DHL is also quite responsive to complaints but FedEx takes forever to answer and they won't do nothing. FedEx service in Nigeria is a crap.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by naija911: 10:23pm On May 05, 2018
NIPOST regulates the courier industry. They are regulators and at the same time players in the industry. Even though this can put them in an indie advantage, I can assure you that a company like Red Star Express or FedEx have one of the widest reach and network and prices become as affordable as your needs in terms of delivery time, location and weigh.

donqx:

guy beware of Nipost ...they have now patnered with corrupt customs officers and started charging high duties on even registered mail.this is a new development and they are digging their failure graves already. I am sure this is caused by those corrupt dhl fedex tnt staffs whom inform the corrupt customs staffs that they are loosing business and customers to Nipost due to excessive duties , Now those corrupt elements are now with Nipost .beware ..I was charged over 41k few days ago for item worth 22usd at nipost office.item was just a speaker from china registered mail and normal charges before now was 500naira.

I ask the staff he claim it is the new development from customs nipost partnership to charge 2 duties. first custom duties and second nipost duties.

I rejected the item immediately to be sent back to sender.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by naija911: 10:24pm On May 05, 2018
NIPOST regulates the courier industry. They are regulators and at the same time players in the industry. Even though this can put them in an indie advantage, I can assure you that a company like Red Star Express or FedEx have one of the widest reach and network and prices become as affordable as your needs in terms of delivery time, location and weigh.

bigt2:

Can I know how to get through this?
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by naija911: 7:27am On May 06, 2018
I think the problem with us is that we usually want to avoid paying government duties. I quite agree that there are bad elements in every profession, including the courier sector. We have seen quack doctors or lawyers too. But Government duties are sacrosanct, it is never meant to be paid to individuals. It is either paid directly to goverent or collected by government approved agencies, in this case, courier companies. So, find and properly from the company and don't fall victim to fraudulent practoces.

IYIMAN:
DHL remains the best from my experience. Used both in the past 2 years. DHL never disappointed, timely delivery, no drama. FedEx can drag document all around the world before getting to final destination.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by naija911: 7:29am On May 06, 2018
I think the problem with us is that we usually want to avoid paying government duties. I quite agree that there are bad elements in every profession, including the courier sector. We have seen quack doctors or lawyers too. But Government duties are sacrosanct, it is never meant to be paid to individuals. It is either paid directly to goverent or collected by government approved agencies, in this case, courier companies. So, find and properly from the company and don't fall victim to fraudulent practoces.

ponti93:
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by naija911: 7:31am On May 06, 2018

AryaSand:

Yeeeeeeeeeeee! I hope they'll handle my package well o. Thank you for tell me. I'll never use their services again.
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by naija911: 7:34am On May 06, 2018
Hi all...in my opinion, we always want to see the bad side of everything. But we never commend courier companies for good and excellent services. I remember when I wanted to do blood transfusion....it was a matter of life and death and we needed blood from LUTH to UCH...it was a 24hour delivery but because of the urgency, it was given to FedEx from LUTH and they delivered to UCH within 12 hours. I remained greatful to them for this excellent service.

Alejoc:

1 Like

Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 12:49am On May 07, 2018
naija911:

So it's okay shipping with them?
Re: Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 12:57am On May 07, 2018
How do I put my address when shipping with FedEx please? I'm new to this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAHCO Re-opened : AIT News / Do You Need A Professional Moving Company To Handle Your House/Relocation Needs? / Serial Numbers Of Stolen Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.