Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Fedex Redstar Express And Customs Wants To Extort Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fedex Redstar Express And Customs Wants To Extort Me (399 Views)

Why Is Redstar Express So Incompetent And Worthless? / My Bank Wants To Extort Me, Bankers In The House Please Assist With Suggestions / Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fedex Redstar Express And Customs Wants To Extort Me by Moneyboyz: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2022
I shipped a Windows handled pc from Netherlands to Nigeria, item value is 799usd.
Normally I'm required to pay 5 percent import duty also package is also very small about 1kg.

I was surprised to see 103,315 naira import duty payment, I asked FedEx why but they directed me to Redstar Express who they gave the parcel to as it arrived Nigeria.

I was told customs didn't believe the amount stated on the parcel so they inflated the fee from 799 USD to 1500usd and charged me that high, I had to appeal and submit some documents with link to website, invoice and other info so they would see the price on parcel is accurate but they declined asking me to pay such huge fees instead.

Is there a way I can fight this, also if you know anyone that can help me In Ikeja customs please recommend them to me.
Parcel is being held in Ikeja Lagos.

My mistake forgetting to tell seller not to include what's inside the parcel and also reduce the price.
They probably Googled and know what is inside is valuable hence the reason why they held it hostage and asking for ransome.

Re: Fedex Redstar Express And Customs Wants To Extort Me by miracle4(m): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
FedEx are criminals

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Tradesystem Registration Fail Need Help Ready To Pay For Services Rendered / Top Trading Skills That Crypto Traders Must Have / Buy Gmail PVA Accounts From Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.