Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

"Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan (15059 Views)

Onaiyekan Hands Over To Ignatius Kaigama As Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja / Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja / Cardinal John Onaiyekan Retires As Archbishop Of Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Shawnnn01: 2:28pm On May 05, 2018
so
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 05, 2018
spot-on!.......

even moorons knows that buhari has failed woefully - obj

the shithole is long overdue for a factory reset.

ENOUGH OF RUBBISHNESS.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by 1sttruth: 2:31pm On May 05, 2018
linkers:
Buhari will be elected once again but the consequences is what No body can guarantee. It is going to be deadly in 2020.

Dictators do not make themselves people do
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Skmoda(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2018
Cowbuhari:
let da killing and bloodbath kwantinue...we igbos advice una against diz old slowpoke from daura,but outta pure hatred una no heed awa warning...nao d same bastards dat voted d senile animal are d ones shawring upandan,tha middle beltans shuld carry dia blood soaked cross for dia head,afterall na dem use hunger as an instrument of war against dia xtian brodas from d east during da civil war, KARMA SO SWEET.......as for my head slamming green soup ewedu munching afonjarians una tym dey come vewi soon...today its benue zamfara taraba plateau southern kd dino melaye tomorrow e go very sure be una turn

rubbish
sick sumbori.......look up at what you just typed...
say this after me "did I make any sense at all? where you born when that shit happens and if you where, you know fit sabi anything that time....mtscheeew
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by wakeupafricanyo: 2:52pm On May 05, 2018
Only slowpoke's we want to reinforce this fail government

What Nigerian's need is Young Tested Technocrat

DANKWAMBO IS THE ANSWER

#VisitGOMBE

#LetTheWorkSpeak
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by michoim(m): 2:56pm On May 05, 2018
These are the clergymen that sympathizes with looters...
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by brodalokie: 2:56pm On May 05, 2018
The Bride of Jesus or the church of Christ can not fall by the pale horseman, they shall mount up with wings as an Eagle...
The true church of Christ is covered and branded with the name of Jesus and coated with the blood of Jesus, therefore immune, and the Angel of death shall pass over.
Jesus is the our president and all in all. Amen
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by DEcclesia(m): 2:58pm On May 05, 2018
we are already tired of this government
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by PierreAbutu(m): 3:02pm On May 05, 2018
Letenwam:
A Cardinal of the Catholic Church and the Metropolitan Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Onaiyekan who reacted to the recent killing of two catholic priests in Benue State, slammed security agencies, who he said have been watching as herdsmen slaughter innocent citizens of the country even in their worship places.

Cardinal Onaiyekan, who maintained that living in peace was less expensive than going to war, however insisted that the people would not continue to fold their hands and die on a daily basis. According to him in the interview with Sun, priests in Benue State may be forced to pick up arms and defend themselves against being killed by rampaging herdsmen.

“They have not done so. That is not our way and I don’t think they will. And I am hoping that we have not reached that stage yet. But you could reach that stage.

“Yesterday, they killed us, the next day, they killed us, the policemen are around and they have done nothing. And the police are given guns and they don’t use them.

“The Army comes and moves around and nothing happens. They are not going to wait for me to tell them what to do. They don’t want that to continue and all we have been telling government is please, don’t push people too far.

“It is not possible to tell us that Nigeria is unable to secure our territory. We cannot believe it, to tell us that it is beyond the possibility of the police; that the whole Nigerian Army with the billion naira and the billion dollars budgets that we are spending; they still can’t keep us safe.

“And they want me to believe that? We can’t believe it, which is why we are saying no, there is something seriously wrong which must be addressed quickly because at the end of the day, everybody is going to suffer.

“As you know, most of us, at least, are pleading that we live in peace with one another because living in peace is less expensive than going to war. Also, when you go to war, who wins?

“Whoever is stronger wins, not who is right. The Pope used to say that we must replace the right of force with the force of right. That is where we are now. Don’t forget that somebody (Gen. TY Danjuma) who ought to know did make a statement about get ready to defend yourselves.
“And he should know what he is talking about. And he clearly accused government of collusion. That is serious.

“For various reasons, personally, if he (Buhari) came to me for advice, I will tell him it is time for retirement" Cardinal Onaiyekan said.

https://lailasnews.com/herdsmen-killings-its-time-for-buharis-retirement-cardinal-onaiyekan/

When the PEACEFUL FULANI BRETHREN begin to slaughter people in SOKOTO, KATSINA, KANO AND KADUNA, then I will believe the hand of FG is not involved
Until then BOKO HARAM AND THE FULANI HERDSMEN are all a creation of General Muhammadu Buhari........QED
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by jimrog: 3:04pm On May 05, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

The same Onayekan clown that said the FG should reconsider boko haram and that Boko haram was as a result of unemployment, Onayekan also insinuated that Jonathan was unfair to the North, LOL! all this money pastors and bishops that spoke against Jonathan, una eye don dey open one by one, Una never see anything yet. Corrupt pastors, all because of money you threw your weight and support behind a donkey from daura, now una don dey see wetin una greed cause, abi?

The problem with u wailers is u come here to justify Jonathan's govt as if there was no killing in his govt. Ppl would have taken ur wailing more serious if u are neutral and not trying to tell us how jona was the best after slice bread and we should all have voted him back to power like zombie...was it not under gej that many local govts were taken over by bokoharam and places bin bombed everyday.

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:23pm On May 05, 2018
Letenwam:
“It is not possible to tell us that Nigeria is unable to secure our territory. We cannot believe it, to tell us that it is beyond the possibility of the police; that the whole Nigerian Army with the billion naira and the billion dollars budgets that we are spending; they still can’t keep us safe.
https://lailasnews.com/herdsmen-killings-its-time-for-buharis-retirement-cardinal-onaiyekan/

Its sad!

With all the budget allocated to security, it all amount to waste!

This is similar to not having syringe in the hospital!

Buhari is a failure

God knows that I am not a fan of anybody cause majority of our celebrities don't know what being a celebrity is all about undecided

They have sold themselves to the highest bidder

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by RoyalSleek(m): 3:27pm On May 05, 2018
The Daura President should heed this call to avoid disgrace come 2019.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by RoyalSleek(m): 3:28pm On May 05, 2018
michoim:
These are the clergymen that sympathizes with looters...

zombie!

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by mekonglobal(m): 3:32pm On May 05, 2018
Cardinal you are beating a dead horse.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by yazach: 3:34pm On May 05, 2018
Letenwam:
A Cardinal of the Catholic Church and the Metropolitan Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Onaiyekan who reacted to the recent killing of two catholic priests in Benue State, slammed security agencies, who he said have been watching as herdsmen slaughter innocent citizens of the country even in their worship places.

Cardinal Onaiyekan, who maintained that living in peace was less expensive than going to war, however insisted that the people would not continue to fold their hands and die on a daily basis. According to him in the interview with Sun, priests in Benue State may be forced to pick up arms and defend themselves against being killed by rampaging herdsmen.

“They have not done so. That is not our way and I don’t think they will. And I am hoping that we have not reached that stage yet. But you could reach that stage.

“Yesterday, they killed us, the next day, they killed us, the policemen are around and they have done nothing. And the police are given guns and they don’t use them.

“The Army comes and moves around and nothing happens. They are not going to wait for me to tell them what to do. They don’t want that to continue and all we have been telling government is please, don’t push people too far.

“And they want me to believe that? We can’t believe it, which is why we are saying no, there is something seriously wrong which must be addressed quickly because at the end of the day, everybody is going to suffer.

“As you know, most of us, at least, are pleading that we live in peace with one another because living in peace is less expensive than going to war. Also, when you go to war, who wins?

“Whoever is stronger wins, not who is right. The Pope used to say that we must replace the right of force with the force of right. That is where we are now. Don’t forget that somebody (Gen. TY Danjuma) who ought to know did make a statement about get ready to defend yourselves.
“And he should know what he is talking about. And he clearly accused government of collusion. That is serious.

“For various reasons, personally, if he (Buhari) came to me for advice, I will tell him it is time for retirement" Cardinal Onaiyekan said.

Thief. PMB should retire so that looters in your church can continue and in turn making you reacher.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Cowbuhari: 3:44pm On May 05, 2018
Skmoda:

say this after me "did I make any sense at all? where you born when that shit happens and if you where, you know fit sabi anything that time....mtscheeew

cry me a river.....
fool truth hurts ahbi....una nvr see anytin
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by sorry1(m): 3:54pm On May 05, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

The same Onayekan clown that said the FG should reconsider boko haram and that Boko haram was as a result of unemployment, Onayekan also insinuated that Jonathan was unfair to the North, LOL! all this money pastors and bishops that spoke against Jonathan, una eye don dey open one by one, Una never see anything yet. Corrupt pastors, all because of money you threw your weight and support behind a donkey from daura, now una don dey see wetin una greed cause, abi?
you would have made sense if you had accused a Catholic bishop with something else but not money... Be sensible next time.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by abouzaid: 3:56pm On May 05, 2018
Bluecurtain:
From my observation so far, Nigerians see these killings as the normal thing, just few people are voicing out against it. The aggression with which we are calling this menace out is not enough at all.

If it were to be Oyinbo country and just 2 people shot dead by miscreants,, social media would be agog with noise from celebrities, religious leaders, political office holders and Nigerians alike. Thank God for this cardinal though.

You'll see updates and status like

" _pray for Manchester"_

_Feeling sad with Japan_

_Mourning with France_

_Praying and fasting for Germany_

Even to the extent of using these countries flag as dp, cover photo, profile pix etc.

But here back at home,, Fulani herdsmen can wipe out a whole community for all they care.

Nigerians hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.
Nigeria is not a nation and can therefore can never experience nationalism.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Cowbuhari: 4:12pm On May 05, 2018
Skmoda:

unsick ancestor...you dat is ancient of ages,was hunger not used as tool against tha biafrans?
benue taraba plateau dem no vote massively for d daura cow??
dino no campaign for d mumu??
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by bankyteddy: 4:18pm On May 05, 2018
Bihari, go back to Daura.
You're not a competent President.

You can't even secure Northerners from herdsmen not to talk of whole Nigeria.
Enough of your incompetency
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by magzey: 4:42pm On May 05, 2018
Why GEJ did not Retire when Boko haram Bomb blast was like rain fall in North?
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by evergreen9: 4:46pm On May 05, 2018
sorry1:
you would have made sense if you had accused a Catholic bishop with something else but not money... Be sensible next time.

So catholic bishops are saints that dont need money abi? Dey there dey fool yourself
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by sorry1(m): 4:52pm On May 05, 2018
evergreen9:

So catholic bishops are saints that dont need money abi? Dey there dey fool yourself
they are no saint but you can charge for any other sin but not seeking money from politicians.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Kingspin(m): 6:23pm On May 05, 2018
Everybody is tired of Buhari government except those going about enjoying the killing in town.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Oxalic(m): 6:58pm On May 05, 2018
Let him continue to defend the terrorists called Fulani herdsmen.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by greenprince(m): 7:36pm On May 05, 2018
sorry1:

Don't mind the clueless clown. Incorrigible ignorant beings everywhere.
Talking like the pope owns a private jet...... I've seen this cardinal with my eyes in the front seat of his hilux van while chatting with the driver with his window rolled down. No convoy, no fanfare, just simple. Even some priests have a more elevated lifestyle than he does.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by rickyrex(m): 7:40pm On May 05, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

you need tramadol

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by greenprince(m): 7:42pm On May 05, 2018
evergreen9:

Need money for what actually?
Private jets and flashy cars, or for sending his kids to the most expensive universities in Europe.

Haba, think small..... I know His eminence personally and what you're saying really irks me. No TRUE servant of God thinks about that.

One of the first things God does with you if He wants to use you is to make you see the nothingness in what people of the world crave.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by HeavenShield: 11:38pm On May 05, 2018
BUHARI HAS A DEMON...HE IS A WICKED PERSON..A BLOOD SUCKER..HIS REGIME HAS SHED SO MUCH BLOOD...
WE DON'T WANT HIM AGAIN..
PLS APC PARTY, BE PATRIOTIC.. NIGERIA IS FOR US ALL..

PLS GIVE US ANOTHER CANDIDATE..

THERE IS A WING BLOWING..TOWARDS THIS COUNTRY..I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND..BUT IT WILL BE TERRIBLE FOR US ALL..IF WE CONTINUE WITH THE DESERT WARRIOR FROM DAURA..
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by orisa37: 8:38am On May 06, 2018
Supported. But Soldiers don't quit unless fired. Only The NASS can fire Buhari but The NASS have devloped cold feet now that Dino is been tortured and our Oga is now bluffing.
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Splashme: 9:47pm On May 06, 2018
Pat081:
Nice talk only if he will listen to d advice
Re: "Buhari Should Retire" - Cardinal Onaiyekan by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
Bluecurtain:
From my observation so far, Nigerians see these killings as the normal thing, just few people are voicing out against it. The aggression with which we are calling this menace out is not enough at all.

If it were to be Oyinbo country and just 2 people shot dead by miscreants,, social media would be agog with noise from celebrities, religious leaders, political office holders and Nigerians alike. Thank God for this cardinal though.

You'll see updates and status like

" _pray for Manchester"_

_Feeling sad with Japan_

_Mourning with France_

_Praying and fasting for Germany_

Even to the extent of using these countries flag as dp, cover photo, profile pix etc.

But here back at home,, Fulani herdsmen can wipe out a whole community for all they care.

Nigerians hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.

Send me your email, I want to send you a confidential message if you are serious for a real change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Things About Kumuyi / Were Kangaroos On Noahs Ark? / Name Of Allah Appear On A Tree (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.