Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile (29777 Views)

Who Is BNaira? Biography, Lifestyle, Net Worth, Age Of Adewale Adebayo / Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her / I Wrote Davido's "Like Dat" - Teni Entertainer Teniola Apata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by UZDNews: 1:05am On May 06, 2018
Teni, that’s the name that rings across all platforms in Nigeria. It started like a lone whisper in December 2016, and slowly began a crescendo into our ears and our hearts.

She sings when she wants, drops covers across all media platforms, freestyles with abandon, and shines her talent upon all who come across her.

She does all of this with an omnipresent happiness, that immerses everyone, and flows from the screens of your devices into your hearts. Her photos reveal a deep sense of adventure, as he marries artistic power, with neo-tomboyish eccentrics.

In an age where the pursuit of sexiness is an industry pillar, Teni hugs her dungarees and large shirts, takes joy rides in Tricycles and enjoys trips via canoes to distant lands.

Born Teniola Apat a, Teni Entertainer is one of Nigeria’s fastest rising musicians breaking new grounds in the music industry.

Her sojourn in music began at age of two in the school band and since then, she has made several appearances, rocked many stages and wowed the crowd both locally and internationally performing for top dignitaries and at sold out concerts. Her stage craft has always got people talking.

Teni however kickstarted her career in 2016 when she got signed to Magic Fingers Records owned by one of Nigeria’s most talented producers and serial hit maker, Shizzi.

A graduate of the University of Georgia, her current single titled ‘Amen’ has been receiving positive reviews and feedback since its release. The prayer themed new song which was brilliantly delivered by the music sensation put her vocal dexterity and lyrical prowess on full display.

Without any hype, the timeless classic shows more musical diversity of the remarkable singer and it’s very infectious. The enthralling lyrics of the song coupled with her vocal charms has made it everybody’s favourite.

The talented artiste who before now has become an internet sensation based on her numerous Instagram freestyle videos is definitely one of the acts to watch out for in 2017. Based on the reviews of her numerous freestyle videos, we can confidently say that Teni has a great musical mind that goes beyond one genre of music.

She looks up to great artistes like King Wasiu Ayinde, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezar Obey, Osita Osadebe and Dolly Parton.

Pulse Music connects with Teni in this interview, as we dig deep into her mind to discover what makes her tick, fuels the music, and her plans for Nigeria. That conversation has been edited and presented below.

How long have you been doing what you do? How did you get started?

Professionally a month ago, and pretty much since I was 2 years old. I started when I was 2 years old. I used to play the drums in the in the School Band

Is there an early memory you’d like to share about getting into your craft, such as when you realized this was more than just a hobby or a passion?

When I was 3, I played drums for Buba Marwa, then when Bola Tinubu became Governor, I played for him. I also played for Fashola, when he was governor. I always knew I would end up doing something in the entertainment world. I realized it was more than hobby when I got to University in America and everyone started telling me to take music seriously.

How do you describe your sound/what you do to people you haven’t heard before?

I think my sound is generic. It’s different. people love the authenticity in my voice.

Who are your influences?

King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall. That’s my biggest influence.

What is some advice that has stuck with you?

"Be Yourself!" my mom tells me this all the time, and it has worked for me tremendously.

What do you hope people take away from listening to your music?

Love, Power, peace, strength and courage. I want them to become better people after listening to my music

Tell us a little bit about your new project Amen, such as concepts/themes, what inspired you, what the creative process was like, etc?

I was broke when I recorded ‘Amen’, that’s where the lyrics "when owu dey blow when money no dey" came from. but I put my heart to it. It was fun working with Shizzi, Shizzi is a spirit man. I went home and came back the next day, he had turned the song into a master jam.

Being signed to Shizzi, how does that feel?

It’s the best feeling in the world. I feel blessed to be signed to my brother. He gives me the freedom to explore different sounds. Shizzi is someone that I’ve learnt so much from and there’s no better person to share greatness with, than him. He believed in me since the first time I met him in 2013.

You are sisters with Niniola, how does her work affect your push for success?

I’m proudd of her and how she has accomplished by setting good examples and laying a good path. Her work doesn’t affect me, it encourages and inspires me to be a better musician.

The achievement divide that separates men and women. Do you think the Industry discriminates against female advancement?

I don’t think so. I think the industry is beginning to accept females and the transition is going smoothly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAI-NtubMOM

www.youtube.com/UzomediaTV

An Uzomedia TV biography

lalasticlala

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by oyoyoyo: 2:28am On May 06, 2018
she try. Watch Simi performance at the headies
POWER WOMEN AT THE HEADIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWCUiecjCE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0zw4JI3eYk
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Nobody: 2:42am On May 06, 2018
Nice one rookie

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by goldbim(f): 8:05am On May 06, 2018
Keep it up ,girl!!her late dad's love ,sacrifice and investment in good music /instruments is rubbing off on his family..Niniola is doing exploits too .!best wishes ..

9 Likes

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2018
Congrats dear no matter you are too fat but keep going

Tribalism award

Nonsense show based on tribalism,who you know, and if you get money.

I will keep saying this until every Nigerian knows that this award is based on Tribalism

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Skepticus: 10:41am On May 06, 2018
I love this
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Chivasex: 10:41am On May 06, 2018
the hustle is real
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by inoki247: 10:41am On May 06, 2018
time will tell, SkuKi, Sean Tizzle, Overdose where are u?

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Nobody: 10:42am On May 06, 2018
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Hemzhy(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2018
Wehdone ma

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by LegendaryArnold(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2018
She also wrote Davido's "Like Dat"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Blakehike: 11:01am On May 06, 2018
cutefergiee:
Nice one rookie

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by cooljo85: 11:12am On May 06, 2018
This girl na man? She look masculine than feminine... Congrats oo..keep it up..lemme grin grin grin come and be going jare
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by chyckxx(m): 11:18am On May 06, 2018
Is this a recent interview? She’s signed to Dr Dolor entertainment and no longer to Shizzi’s Magic Fingers.

3 Likes

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by unitysheart(m): 11:24am On May 06, 2018
She's got a very nice voice.

inoki247:

Meanwhile, she didn't win next rated. She won rookie, so there's no need comparing her with overdose and co.

5 Likes

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by balogundayo(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2018
One of the best new acts out there...
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by shadrach77: 11:45am On May 06, 2018
Teni olomoge Cinderella cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by petbam: 11:48am On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

Tribalism award

I will keep saying this until every Nigerian knows that this award is based on Tribalism

You can equally say MOBO award won by two Yoruba's WizKids and Davido were based on tribalism. Yoruba are very good when it comes to Nigeria music.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by dont8(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2018
inoki247:
Comparison went south.

It's Rookie not Next Rated.

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by jaxxy(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2018
LegendaryArnold:
She also wrote Davido's "Like Dat"

Like dat was impressive bt I don't know wat else shes done or sang
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by BiggerbossAmani(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2018
petbam:

You can equally say MOBO award won by two Yoruba's WizKids and Davido were based on tribalism. Yoruba are very good when it comes to Nigeria music.
stay one place guy
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Brugo(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

Tribalism award

One day, one day, you will have sense but not today sha.

When BBN ended with 4 igbos in top 5 you didn't scream marginalisation. It was looking like "hard work" to you. Now you are talking rubbish.

Swerve enter gutter jare. Clannish clown.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by BiggerbossAmani(m): 12:59pm On May 06, 2018
Brugo:

One day, one day, you will have sense but not today sha.

When BBN ended with 4 igbos in top 5 you didn't scream marginalisation. It was looking like "hard work" to you. Now you are talking rubbish.

Swerve enter gutter jare. Clannish clown.
I don't want to talk
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

Tribalism award

Hmmmm, everyday one will have to see tribal post on NL. Finished Bbn ended with four igbos and only one Yoruba, yet nobody even notice or has time to complain but assuming it was four Yorubas and one Igbos, I know everywhere would have been filled with this your kind of comment. Why are some of you always selfish, hateful, tribalistic, self-centered and bias!!!? All you want is you, you and only you. If you win 10 times, you will be shouting everywhere and mocking others but if others just win for once, you'll call it tribalism. Soooooo pathetic!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by BiggerbossAmani(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Hmmmm, everyday one will have to see tribal post on NL. Finished Bbn ended with four igbos and only one Yoruba, yet nobody even notice or has time to complain but assuming it was four Yorubas and one Igbos, I know everywhere would have been filled with this your kind of comment. Why are some of you always selfish, hateful, tribalistic, self-centered and bias!!!? All you want is you, you and only you. If you win 10 times, you will be shouting everywhere and mocking others but if others just win for once, you'll call it tribalism. Soooooo pathetic!
guy i will advice you not to link BBN with this rubbish award

The guy deserve the money because Nigerians voted for him.

Who voted in headies and when do voting for headies nomination started

Don't tell me that nonsense again, had it been you watched that show last night you won't have commented like this.

1 Like

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by rossyc(f): 1:17pm On May 06, 2018
So she's Niniola's sister? Issok
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Firstpage: 1:20pm On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
guy i will advice you not to link BBN with this rubbish award

The guy deserve the money because Nigerians voted for him.

Who voted in headies and when do voting for headies nomination started

Don't tell me that nonsense again, had it been you watched that show last night you won't have commented like this.

So people don't vote in headies?

keep exposing your hateful self. With time, people will no longer take you ibos serious because you are never satisfied and always selfish.

No Yoruba complained about BBN despite the fact that ceec should have been disqualified and her connection to Ebuka.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by BiggerbossAmani(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2018
Firstpage:

So people don't vote in headies?

keep exposing your hateful self. With time, people will no longer take you ibos serious because you are never satisfied and always selfish.

No Yoruba complained about BBN despite the fact that ceec should have been disqualified and her connection to Ebuka.
people votes in headies

Do you vote or do your neighborhood vote?

Guy which state are you from
Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Firstpage: 1:28pm On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
people votes in headies

Do you vote or do your neighborhood vote?

Guy which state are you from

Just shows the village illiterate you are if you think people don't vote in headies.

What's your concern about my state?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by Jaideyone(m): 1:31pm On May 06, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:

Tribalism award

why not pick the different categories and tell us who else should have won? ignoramus

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Entertainer: Biography, Lifestyle & Profile by intruxive(m): 1:41pm On May 06, 2018
There is always tbe voice of these hateful people to try and mess up the peace. First they started a civil war and almost got themselves wiped out now its headis award one clown above is crying upon. When p square were dominating headis who cried then?

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ubi Franklin Finally Reconnects With His Son [PICS] / Mide Martins Rocks New Stylish Outfit / John Fashanu Weds Adaeze Igwe's Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.