Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,170 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 (14599 Views)

2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Vs 2015 Toyota Avalon Vs 2015 Lexus Es350 / Toyota Avalon Vs Toyota Camry Vs Lexus ES350 / Help 2010 IS 350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2018
aaidel:

there you go again
1. the Mark Toyota's were assembled in japan and as such cannot be Avalon's according to what you wrote up there and besides the Mark was first assembled in 1968 the Avalon in 1994 the Aurion as everyone knows is a Camry the fact that it replaced the Avalon in the Toyota Australia roster does not make it an Avalon so please when you google about cars calm down and digest everything you read before making declarations
You still don't want to learn, yes Avalon was a full size sedan, I know you got comprehension problem. Go back and re-read my reply.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Avalon
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
banky3w:

You are a very clueless human being...... No facts in the links you posted. You just argue blindly.
Now take a second look, this time slowly www.carsort.com/compare/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-vsToyota-Avalon

or better still copy the below link into Google

carsort.com/compare/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-vsToyota-Avalon

like I said earlier nurey is the only one knowledgeable about cars here, you lot are just blabbing.

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2018
elshanAutos:

I don’t help people to sell cars along airport road. You’re trying to pretend like you know who I am, or where I operate. Why so?
No I don't pretend to, I actually do. I have met you at Ajao Estate along airport road and I am sure this will give you more clue.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
nurey:
@ elshanautos and thebigkendo nah ontop ordinary Audi A6 3.0T una wan go hold calabash dey vomit dollars abi undecided if nah bugatti chiron or maybach excelero now, I go understand the risk grin nah joke I dey joke ooo, I no mind a kickdown on that car even if nah to wakeup for the otherside grin

if nah die be that I want to do it smiling *wink*
it's ordinary Audi 3.0T, yes that's what I can afford and I'm contented with it. I appreciate it as much as you appreciate your Bugatti and Maybach
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by thebigkendo(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng:
it's ordinary Audi 3.0T, yes that's what I can afford and I'm contented with it. I appreciate it as much as you appreciate your Bugatti and Maybach

Oga Leave nurey & his Bugatti

Me & ElshanAutos want to feel your A6 3.0T
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by thebigkendo(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng read again slowly, emphasis on the bolded
nurey:
@ elshanautos and the big.kendo nah ontop ordinary Audi A6 3.0T una wan go hold calabash dey vomit dollars abi undecided if nah bugatti chiron or maybach excelero now, I go understand the risk grin nah joke I dey joke ooo,
I no mind a kickdown on that car even if nah to wakeup for the otherside
grin

if nah die be that I want to do it smiling *wink*

Hope you know its all banter here.. Stop taking sh** personal
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by thebigkendo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
uniquetechng:
No I don't pretend to, I actually do. I have me you at Ajao Estate along airport road and I sure this will give you more clue.

He doesn't know so many of us have met him at that his office grin grin
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by mejai(m): 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
Holly molly!!! This place is getting hot. U guys should look for a runway and set d matters straight. It will be like this...
2010 models...
avalon vs E350 vs audi 3.0T vs acura vs G35. If not, just advice d OP on what to buy.grin
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
thebigkendo:
uniquetechng read again slowly, emphasis on the bolded

Hope you know its all banter here.. Stop taking sh** personal
no beef bro, got it.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
thebigkendo:

He doesn't know so many of us have met him at that his office grin grin
Yea met him through a nairalander when I wanted to sell my X5, I am sure he can remember
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by thebigkendo(m): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2018
mejai:
Holly molly!!! This place is getting hot. U guys should look for a runway and set d matters straight. It will be like this...
2010 models...
G35 vs Acura vs Audi 3.0T vs E350 vs Avalon. If not, just advice d OP on what to buy.grin

Fixed grin
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by olisafincy(m): 1:01am On Jul 04, 2018
Avalon 2010 is fire oh.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:44am On Jul 04, 2018
ok
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:51am On Jul 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

no be say I go enter Lagos to feel the "demon" person go con dey tell me say: no where in the world can a car be felt by driving it around town.

then another super story go enter the pic. that I shud use google to check the reviews of other Audi users then I'll have a feel but to drive the Audi,. ..... it'll only be in the north where they have good roads.

another excuse go con enter..... say no good road in Lagos to test drive the demon..

U go refund me my flight money oh.. thank God I Don dey hear airport road..... na there I go dey wait una to come carry me with Audi oh.

uniquetech no stories this time oh
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:53am On Jul 04, 2018
uniquetechng:
Yea met him through a nairalander when I wanted to sell my X5, I am sure he can remember

so u basically have been engaging in incognito browsing...... hmmmm

I gats to start doing that
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:09am On Jul 04, 2018
nurey:

like I said both vehicles are identical, look at the curb weight of both identical and they both have same cornering capability even the site says so.

the benz has an edge in stability for a 4matic but a RWD benz is same as the avalon, even the avalon is better when it comes to slippery snow as RWD have been known to fumble in this instance.

as for the flip over yes japanese vehicles lack high grade roll over assists but may not be necessary, who takes sharp bends at high speeds should be ready to face the music.

the overall comparism puts the avalon ahead of the benz, you will agree with me that a 0.3secs speed doesn't always get you that contract. so let's leave the handling and what nots to the GTs and let's face reality that the Avalon beat the Benz overall in the comparism

@ uniquetech
if u claim nurey is the only person that knows about cars then y the conflict of assertion?

u claim the e350 is better and nurey says otherwise yet u claim nurey is right while still insisting on ur bulletin analogy.

elshanautos is also of the same opinion with nurey, so why argue with one half of a twin about his parenthood and agree with the other half when both claim the same heritage.

I'm just wondering sha, please enlighten me. maybe there is something I'm not getting right abi seeing that u have the facts down in ur bulletin.

1 Like

Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by aaidel(m): 4:12am On Jul 04, 2018
uniquetechng:
You still don't want to learn, yes Avalon was a full size sedan, I know you got comprehension problem. Go back and re-read my reply.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Avalon

i have no problems with comprehension but rather i have a better understanding of how and why cars are classified as they are in Europe cars are classified according to volume and engine size in the USA by dimensions alone and in Japan by engine size when the Avalon debuted it had a 3.0 litre engine by its dimensions in the USA it was a mid sized car but because it was intended to be an american export to japan it was classified as full size since in japan anything with a 2.0 litre engine and above was classified as full size now sometime around 2010 laws changed increasing the limit to 3.0 litres and since the new Avalons came with a 2.5 litre engine its classification changed despite it being a bigger car by dimesions from its parent car and this is also the reason why a lot of Toyota's have a smaller engine for the Japanese local market than for other markets
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

@ uniquetech
if u claim nurey is the only person that knows about cars then y the conflict of assertion?

u claim the e350 is better and nurey says otherwise yet u claim nurey is right while still insisting on ur bulletin analogy.

elshanautos is also of the same opinion with nurey, so why argue with one half of a twin about his parenthood and agree with the other half when both claim the same heritage.

I'm just wondering sha, please enlighten me. maybe there is something I'm not getting right abi seeing that u have the facts down in ur bulletin.
The bone of contention was performance, and yes E350 top the Avalon in that comparison with 10.0 rating against Avalon's 9.0.
I still stand on that, and every car enthusiasts know that.
give me fact, show me where a car expert around the world stated categorically that the Avalon top the E350 in performance, if you key into Google nairaland is the only place on the entire web with such judgement.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2018
aaidel:

i have no problems with comprehension but rather i have a better understanding of how and why cars are classified as they are in Europe cars are classified according to volume and engine size in the USA by dimensions alone and in Japan by engine size when the Avalon debuted it had a 3.0 litre engine by its dimensions in the USA it was a mid sized car but because it was intended to be an american export to japan it was classified as full size since in japan anything with a 2.0 litre engine and above was classified as full size now sometime around 2010 laws changed increasing the limit to 3.0 litres and since the new Avalons came with a 2.5 litre engine its classification changed despite it being a bigger car by dimesions from its parent car and this is also the reason why a lot of Toyota's have a smaller engine for the Japanese local market than for other markets
hahaha flaws flaws flaws, go back to that page and read it slowly, the Avalon was in the full size sedan category in North American market because it was Toyota's flagship and largest sedan while the Camry competes in midsize segment. It wasn't about about engine size because the Camry V6 was fitted with same engine capacity as the Avalon.I wasn't even talking about Japanese market, my emphasis was on N. American market.
Mike Hanley is one of the car gurus who have helped car manufacturers to review new car models over the years, now check his review of the 2006 Avalon where he referred to Avalon as a full size sedan.

Eric Tallberg also referred to the 2010 Avalon as a "full size" sedan because the Avalon debuted in the midsize category in 2013 that's starting from the 4th generation.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2010-Toyota-Avalon-Overview-c21884
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 8:07am On Jul 04, 2018
olisafincy:
Avalon 2010 is fire oh.
no doubt about that, but truth is that E350 edge the Avalon in performance
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

so u basically have been engaging in incognito browsing...... hmmmm

I gats to start doing that
hahaha no boss, been a regular visitor to the site.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2018
mejai:
2010 models...
avalon vs E350 vs audi 3.0T vs acura vs G35. If not, just advice d OP on what to buy.grin
lol llllll, thought the op settled for Avalon already.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

no be say I go enter Lagos to feel the "demon" person go con dey tell me say: no where in the world can a car be felt by driving it around town.

then another super story go enter the pic. that I shud use google to check the reviews of other Audi users then I'll have a feel but to drive the Audi,. ..... it'll only be in the north where they have good roads.

another excuse go con enter..... say no good road in Lagos to test drive the demon..

U go refund me my flight money oh.. thank God I Don dey hear airport road..... na there I go dey wait una to come carry me with Audi oh.

uniquetech no stories this time oh
hahahahahahaa boss don't worry there won't be stories, I promise.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by aaidel(m): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2018
uniquetechng:
hahaha flaws flaws flaws, go back to that page and read it slowly, the Avalon was in the full size sedan category in North American market because it was Toyota's flagship and largest sedan while the Camry competes in midsize segment. I wasn't even talking about Japanese market, my emphasis was on N. American market.
Mike Hanley is one of the car gurus who have helped car manufacturers to review new car models over the years, now check his review of the 2006 Avalon where he referred to Avalon as a full size sedan.

Eric Tallberg also referred to the 2010 Avalon as a "full size" sedan because the Avalon debuted in the midsize category in 2013 that's starting from the 4th generation.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2010-Toyota-Avalon-Overview-c21884

yes you are right carry on cool cool cool
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2018
aaidel:

yes you are right carry on cool cool cool
good boy, now we are getting somewhere.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by aaidel(m): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2018
uniquetechng:
good boy, now we are getting somewhere.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by thebigkendo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
uniquetechng

the.bigkendo:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by adanny01(m): 5:51am On Jul 05, 2018
This comparison should have been 2010 E350 vs 2010 Acura TL
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2018
adanny01:
More respectable comparison, the E350 semi auto gear which can be driven manually will sure leave the Avalon for dead.
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by elshanAutos: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2018
uniquetechng:
More respectable comparison, the E350 semi auto gear which can be driven manually will sure leave the Avalon for dead.
The avalon is also semi-automatic...
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by elshanAutos: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2018
adanny01:
The Acura TL SH-AWD will embarrass the E350 ..
Re: Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 by uniquetechng: 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
elshanAutos:

The avalon is also semi-automatic...
Avalon's manual mode not as responsive as the Benz, try shifting both and observe,. Remember the Avalon got six speed gear while the E350 come with 7 speed gear.
The E350 is also fitted with electric power steering, another advantage against the upgraded Camry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Now You Can Pay For Items With This Newly Launched Car Key / Watch Koenigsegg Agera RS Become The Fastest Car Ever Made With 284mph Top Speed / Security And Safety Tips For Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.