Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

The Market Place: Afrocentric Analogy Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Market Place: Afrocentric Analogy Of Life (360 Views)

Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Analogy Of A Push Vs Electric Bike (Our Fingers Are Not Equal), Don't Compare. / Pastor And Masquerade Go Toe-To-Toe While 'Evangelizing' In Market Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Market Place: Afrocentric Analogy Of Life by bishoposagie: 9:38pm On May 06, 2018
The Market Place
Afrocentric Analogy of Life
Ekhaguere, Osagie Ayo (PhD in view)

Prof Oka Obono, Professor of Sociology & Director, Center for Human Resource Development, University of Ibadan, likened life to a market place as against the eurocentric analogy of Shakespeare who likened life to a stage.

Everyone comes to the market to either buy or sell. The market is not a simple place. Rather it is complex.

It is called a market place because marketing takes place. Every participant must leave before night fall. There is no activity of buying and selling in the night. One word common to all activity is "marketing" and according to Philip Kotler marketing is about Satisfying needs and wants through an exchange process.

Dear readers, great destinies are exchanged in this market place. It is risky to be here without Christ.

Prof Obono recount that a boy could be sent to buy from the market items given in a list with the required money but sometimes the list could be lost and the boy instead of returning to the source of instruction in a process I referred to as prayers would go to the market place wandering about.

Do you have a clear mission?

The strength of joy is in the accomplishment of the task for which you were sent to the market place.

Don't ever mistake everyone for a friend or an enemy. Be focussed on your mission and stay connected to your sender in prayers.

You can't truly know your mission nor make the most of it without Christ.

Jesus Christ is that true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world (the market place) - John 1:9.

As I close this summary, let me quickly say that if you are not born again, you will suffer again.

You will become like the wind when you give your life to Christ.
Note:
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit - John 3:8

If you leave the market place today, are you sure you would return home?

Have you ever asked Jesus to come into your heart? That is, are you BORN AGAIN? If your answer is "NO", or you are not sure, please pray this prayer with all sincerity and confidence:
Lord Jesus, I come to You today!
I am a sinner, I cannot help myself.
Cleanse me with your precious blood.
Deliver me from sin and Satan, to serve the Living God.
Today, Lord Jesus, I accept you as my Lord, and my Saviour.
Thank You Jesus, for saving me.
Now I know, I am born again!

The only guarantee to return home is to deliberately give your life to Christ.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt - Daniel 12:2.

Not everyone who left home truly returns home!
Jesus Christ guarantees you an excellent life on earth and grand return home when your assignment on earth is over.

Don't be deceived, it will be over someday.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: The Market Place: Afrocentric Analogy Of Life by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
Awon ti PA, we greet you sir
Re: The Market Place: Afrocentric Analogy Of Life by Kobojunkiee: 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
Life as a marketplace where everyone leaves at night does not work at all. undecided
Re: The Market Place: Afrocentric Analogy Of Life by tobechi74: 11:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
If the boy no reti,e Papa go go market go find am

(1) (Reply)

‘god Made You This Way,’ Pope Is Said To Have Told Gay Man / Valid Question Asked On Twitter... How Did Jesus Find... / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/06/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.