Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? (17233 Views)

My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card / Woman Cries As Husband Surprises Her On Her Birthday With IPhone, Money In Cake / Wife Gets Husband Arrested On His Way To Marry 5th Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by northvietnam(m): 1:19pm On May 07, 2018
i will join her ASAP... if only she earns higher than me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Harfisco(m): 1:19pm On May 07, 2018
why won't I if the salary is 9ice and 2face
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by usmanov: 1:20pm On May 07, 2018
Idea rule the world
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 07, 2018
New ankara design from #BBOutfit @TribbIsland to support the Super Eagles at the world cup.
Order by calling 07061986376 or DM @TribbIsland on faceboo, twitter, and instagram.
Price tag- N2500 for students/corpers, N3000 for others. God bless Nigeria

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by spirul77: 1:20pm On May 07, 2018
its not advisable to allow an average woman stay far from her husband o,something fit happen o.

if you know you know

1 Like

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by martineverest(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2018
y not?
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Diso60090(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2018
Bye bye ee problem msker she must leave the next day to her new location who cares
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Mac2016(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2018
Ideally family shd be inseparable in every way even physically irregardless of which of the partner is moved.

1 Like

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Lexusgs430: 1:21pm On May 07, 2018
Not immediately. She can go initially, while I work out my transfer of skills and get a decent paying job........

1 Like

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by dane15: 1:26pm On May 07, 2018
The first question should be: What proportion of the household income is the wife's new income?

a. If it is >150% of the total household income (Husband plus wife's income)----Consider relocation and other things like the possibility of the husband getting a new job or the potentials for husband's business in the new city and the cost of living in the new city versus the old. If everything makes sense--- Relocate.

b. If it is>100% but <150%. Consider allowing the wife to relocate alone after considering other factors.

c. If it is <100% the risk is far greater than the benefits. There is need to consider other factors critically before making a decision.
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by AshCoded(m): 1:28pm On May 07, 2018
it depends on D nature of D husband's job
if he can ask fr transfer it wud b better.

moreover if his job doesn't permit him nd dey r very very financially ok den he can convince his wife to stay.

everything depends on the Love dey have fr each oda.
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by youngreezy(m): 1:28pm On May 07, 2018
GreenMavro:
grin
BABA if the money make sense I go relocate before her!!
So if ur wife becomes the President, u no go relocate go Aso rock? so u go become First Man grin grin grin
guy ur head no gud lmao.
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by xynerise: 1:29pm On May 07, 2018
Not when I also have means of earning

1 Like

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by gare(f): 1:32pm On May 07, 2018
OEPHIUS:
This question was asked by Lux recently

"A woman gets a new job. The job comes with a higher position and double the salary she earned before plus some other benefits. However, she is required to move to a new location. What do you think her husband will do? #IAmMoreThanYouCanSee "

What do you think?

WELL IF THE LADY HAS A BETTER PAYING JOB, THE MAN CAN RELOCATE WITH HER AND NOTHING STOPS HIM FROM GETTING A NEW AND A WELL PAYING JOB IN THAT LOCATION, ITS ALL UNDERSTANDING .
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Eberechi24(f): 1:33pm On May 07, 2018
[quote author=VictorRomanov post=67354653]

Good thing you mentioned sacrifice and compromise. Why can't she sacrifice her new job for the sake of her marriage and family.

Its not like she was jobless before, and it's not like the family depends on her solely to run.

We should get our priorities right.[/quote

yea, remember they didn't state the financial strength of the family. they didn't state if they have kids or not.

so, I assumed that they are done with kids and they also need the wife' financial support

also, I said they should stick to the present job
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by LordKO(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2018
If the husband is either not capable of shouldering the collective needs of the family or his is a business that can be moved easily to the new location, he's no justifiable reason not to move along with her - I've to presume that the woman in question is a virtuous woman that deserves the best from her man. However, if she's a self-centered woman (small-minded type of a woman), personally I'll neither allow her to move an inch nor join her no matter the condition.

5 Likes

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by chronique(m): 1:34pm On May 07, 2018
I am not moving anywhere and I do not expect her to move too. She has to turn it down so long as we are not suffering and I am not depending on her. We'd stay together where we are, and cope with what we have. Not in this present Nigeria where you can be looking at the left and a promiscuous partner would give someone head in few seconds before you turn back.

2 Likes

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by ifeegee(f): 1:35pm On May 07, 2018
NLevents:

Wrong advice.

Women don't cope well being alone in another state. They start cheating on their men. A woman can't travel evey time she wants to make love to her husband

Look at the way you generalised your "women can't cope" summation , like you did a proper survey .....

3 Likes

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by NLevents: 1:36pm On May 07, 2018
ifeegee:

Look at the way you generalised your "women can't cope" summation , like you did a proper survey .....
I might not be 100% certain but I am 99.9% factual
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by NairaMaster1(m): 1:38pm On May 07, 2018
Eberechi24:
the husband should allow the wife to relocate alone while he stays back because of his business, changing location affects business. wife comes home everyweekend

he can relocate with the wife if he depends on the wife financially or the relocation won't affect his business/ Establishment i.e he has capable hands running his finance.

it won't be easy but marriage is all about sacrifice and compromise

or they stick to the present job.

I agree with you Sir.

The day you relocate you become the wife while she becomes the husband.

1 Like

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Hotzone(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2018
I must make my wife a HOUSE WIFE
Kapish!

1 Like

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by donbachi(m): 1:44pm On May 07, 2018
i can can't
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by ifeegee(f): 1:45pm On May 07, 2018
NLevents:
I might not be 100% certain but I am 99.9% factual

You know nothing about nothing, so I can't even argue with you.

3 Likes

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Onyibigg: 1:48pm On May 07, 2018
The pursuit of money has affected marriage and relationships positively and negatively in the recent times. For this reason, i would recommend that if the couple has been married for more than 10 years, during which a reasonable level of trust has existed between them, then the woman can relocate. Let her go and make more money to support her husband in order to improve their standard of living. On the other hand, if it is newly wed, i would advise that the wife should reconsider since she already has a job. All in all, three things are involved; trust, level of possessiveness on both sides and how far the distance is (determines how often they'd see).
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Eberechi24(f): 1:48pm On May 07, 2018
NLevents:

Wrong advice.

Women don't cope well being alone in another state. They start cheating on their men. A woman can't travel evey time she wants to make love to her husband

my dear, not all women cheat OK? many are sexually discipline. when there is understanding, love, communication, commitment, the issue of cheating is overruled.

the woman can't travel every time she wants to make... but she can control herself.

when woman is preoccupied with many so responsibility, sex would be the last thing on her mind
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Eaugusta(f): 1:49pm On May 07, 2018
VictorRomanov:

Good thing you mentioned sacrifice and compromise. Why can't she sacrifice her new job for the sake of her marriage and family.

Its not like she was jobless before, and it's not like the family depends on her solely to run.

We should get our priorities right.
It depends, I know of a family that the woman was promoted Dec. Last year and needed to relocate with the family outside Nigeria. They all left January

1 Like

Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Eberechi24(f): 1:52pm On May 07, 2018
NairaMaster1:

I agree with you Sir.
The day you relocate you become the wife while she becomes the husband.

not Sir, Miss
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Captain8(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2018
If de salary make sense i wil relocate even b4 my spirit new of it
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by funlord(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2018
Re: Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? by Greene66: 2:09pm On May 07, 2018
Eberechi24:

[s]my dear, not all women cheat OK? many are sexually discipline. when there is understanding, love, communication, commitment, the issue of cheating is overruled.
[/s]
the woman can't travel every time she wants to make... but she can control herself.

when woman is preoccupied with many so responsibility, sex would be the last thing on her mind

Not everyone cheats but everyone is CAPABLE of cheating but they have not encountered what will make them do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? / Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? / Only The Woman Knows Who The Father Of Her Child Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.