Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? (17269 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by LivingSage: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2023
The thread asking who should be next of kin to a man graced FP and I think to balance the equation, there's reason for this as well.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by RevolverOcelot(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:
The thread asking who should be next of kin to a man graced FP and I think to balance the equation, there's reason for this as well.

My wife can put her father for all I care. Normally most women do use their first child or eldest sibling. Very few use their husbands.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by LivingSage: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2023
So men are not concern about who's next of kin n to their wife grin
RevolverOcelot:

My wife can put her father for all I care. Normally most women do use their first child or eldest sibling. Very few use their husbands.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by RevolverOcelot(m): 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:
I really couldn't care less. I can't speak for all men though.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Ferdinandu(m): 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:
Comfortable Men naturally see themselves as providers so most hardly cares who their wives put as Next of kin unlike women who are always tied to their husbands wealth. The exception to these rules are mostly poor men who are reliant or partially reliant on their wives

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:

Nawa oo are you people not tired of this topic?

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2023
That's kinda of difficult question to answer and I think it also depends on the nature of the relationship between the couple.. Whether you got married because of love and trust, or you got married because you get to benefit something from each other.

I remember there was a time I found my brother in law's life insurance papers in my parents house while I was doing some spring cleaning.. I think him or my sister forgot them there or maybe it was just a copy that they no longer needed.

As I read the papers, I found out that he also put his mother as the beneficiary, I got curious, so I called my sister and asked her about it... She sounded very much okay with it and since she was okay with it, I decided to mind my business.

As for who should be the woman's next of kin, I think it should be someone that she trusts too, it could be anyone.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2023
Samantha124:
That's kinda of difficult question to answer and I think it also depends on the nature of the relationship between the couple.. Whether you got married because of love and trust, or you got married because you get to benefit something from each other.

I remember there was a time I found my brother in law's life insurance papers in my parents house while I was doing some spring cleaning.. I think him or my sister forgot them there or maybe it was just a copy that they no longer needed.

As I read the papers, I found out that he also put his mother as the beneficiary, I got curious, so I called my sister and asked her about it... She sounded very much okay with it and since she was okay with it, I decided to mind my business.

As for who should be the woman's next of kin, I think it should be someone that she trusts too, it could be anyone.

Samantha our SA baby
How are you doing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
I'm doing great and you? smiley smiley
Rayban25:

Samantha our SA baby
How are you doing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm doing great and you? smiley smiley

I'm awesome kiss

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by mariahAngel(f): 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:

The kind of relationship the couple share will determine that.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nickisindigo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
Their is difference between next of kin and the heir to your wealth

Your next of kin might not necessarily inherited your wealth

24 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Caaz: 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2023
One amongst her kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by flokii: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
Women should stop making noise over next of kin when they themselves do worse.. instead of making their husbands their next of kin, they'd rather use their father or younger sibling so that if anything happens to them, those ones would be able to claim everything.

If you can't make your husband your next of kin, then don't expect him to make you his own next of kin.. he has family members too.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:

Honestly in my own case, my children are my next of kin

My husband can decide to pregnant another woman and marry her

Or he may decide to marry another woman

So my properties maybe claimed by such woman thinking it's the man's property

So once my children are my next of kin, so far am still alive it belongs to me and my husband

But if am not there it belongs to them all, at least they will have something from their mother

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by shantti(m): 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
frozen70:

So once my children are my next of kin, so far am still alive it belongs to me and my husband

But if am not there it belongs to them all, at least they will have something from their mother
And it's okay if he uses the same kids as his next of kin instead of u, right?

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2023
shantti:

And it's okay if he uses the same kids as his next of kin instead of u, right?

He actually uses his children as next of kin and I supported it

So we are ok using our children as next of kin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by LivingSage: 10:39pm On Apr 15, 2023
Very thoughtful wink
frozen70:

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
LivingSage:
Very thoughtful wink

Yes dear
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:23am On Apr 16, 2023
RevolverOcelot:

I hope you don't see that as normal??
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by sotall(m): 3:35am On Apr 16, 2023
She can use her ex-boyfriend or father if she doesn't trust the husband.

Afterall, only a gigolo would want to share in his wife's investment after divorce.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Houseontherock1: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2023
Couples with young children should make each other their next of kin till their children are matured enough, or better still, make children the next of kin regardless of age and put conditions...

No sibling can take care of your children like you! Your sibling will use your money for his/her own children at the expense of the children you toiled so much for, all because you don't want your surviving spouse to "enjoy" your money! Your mother or father will also use the money to take care of her other children (your siblings)! Marry who you trust or put it all in a trust fund till the children are old enough to manage whatever you left! It's all about the children for me!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by blacksam01: 3:53pm On May 18, 2023
RevolverOcelot:

u are wrong...no single Nigerian woman use their husband...Nigerian wife all hate their husbands..all of them

4 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by blacksam01: 3:57pm On May 18, 2023
frozen70:

u were sefish with ur thought....thinking break up from the beginning...

all those are excuses sha..what i know is that Naija wifes all hate their husbands
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 4:19pm On May 18, 2023
blacksam01:

u were sefish with ur thought....thinking break up from the beginning...

all those are excuses sha..what i know is that Naija wifes all hate their husbands

I never knew that your mum hated her husband

And it's possible your wife will hate you when you marry

11 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by blacksam01: 4:21pm On May 18, 2023
frozen70:

I never knew that your mum hate her husband

truth i bitter that why it pains u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 5:25pm On May 18, 2023
blacksam01:

truth i bitter that why it pains u

You are the one that is pained for the fact that you will be hated by your wife

As your mum hate your dad, it runs in your family

Deal with it

9 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by bukatyne(f): 7:12pm On May 18, 2023
frozen70:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy 😀
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by bukatyne(f): 7:13pm On May 18, 2023
frozen70:

I never knew that your mum hate her husband

😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂 😃 😀 😄
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Acidosis(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2023
You don't have a marriage if you are not confident enough to use your partner as your next of kin. You are nothing more than a con artist, most likely f00ling another scammer in the pretense of marital bliss. You should quit identifying as a married man or woman. You are a con artist.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 11:46pm On May 18, 2023
bukatyne:

😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂 😃 😀 😄
Laugh my dear this guy wants to see the negative side of me that's why i am loading it for every of his silly mention on me

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 18, 2023
Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? / Please Help My Brother Is Missing. / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.