Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) (721 Views)

The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / An Exposition On My Astral Projections In Response To Seun's Colloquialism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by undisputed25(m): 12:53pm On May 07, 2018
Being mortal, what's the purpose of life?

Right from our first day on earth, if we had the ability to recall it all we'll have understood that there are so many troubles attached with being born.

Wake up in the morning, brush, eat, go to work, experienced some lengthy hours of hectic activities, getting home very tired, take a nap, and soon we'll wake up to another life, another challenges, another task, another frustration etc. sometimes I ask myself is the stress really worths it?

Being a mortal, we are tends to endure lot of frustration at work, depression when we go through hard times, anger when we are disappointed by trusted friends, and most annoying thing when government embrace nepotism and failed her citizens. My curiosity grows when I see human race being a victim of their own inventions.

Have seen a neurosurgeon who uses his whole lifetime treating thousands of patients, in culmination of his career, he got a terminal desease. Helpless was he in his dying bed, Have heard about a very young religionist who preaches longevity when you obey God. But later knocked down by a speeding car same evening.
Have read about an innocent poor man serving a life imprisonment indicted for what he knows nothing about.
Have seen a widow with only one child, she went through pains and stress just for her poor boy to attain formal education but on the eve of his graduation he was bombed by the terrorist. Curiosity is an understatement I'm confused about life unjust events, so in my desperation, misery and dilemma I constantly interrogate myself asking thus '
1) Where are we truly from
2) How can we know our ultimate goals while living
3) How can we be satisfied we lived a fulfilled life?
4 What kind of life is worth living?
5) If we are all going to die, what's the purpose of human existence?
These questions had given lot of sleepless night in my quest to find a reasonable answer to them I thought the purpose of life is to be HAPPY, I later asked myself how can we be happy? Buying myself my favourite drink, food, clothes, hanging out with friends?, meeting new people on social media. Have tried it all and discovered they are not the paths that leads to true happiness
Life itself is like an enormous mountain found in the midst of the forest. It remains static and purposeless, if humans themselves failed to do anything with it (mountain), for eternity, the mountain would remain there purposeless. We are all born to face a certain test of time Individuals can only define life base on his test. Sholom aleichem in one of his philosophy says and I quote " Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."
If you asked that Neurosurgeon,
If you asked that religionist.
If you asked that poor widow.
If you asked that prisoner
What is the purpose of life they would all tell you different stories
* there are lot of orphans wandering in the street give them life, give them food.
* A lot of people are dying of Cancer, HIV, HEPATITIS, etc. You can research find curable drugs to them
* there are lot of graduates in the street wandering and depressed give them job
* there are lot of Sisters / brothers waiting for a true love. Be loyal, be real and bold take one and move on
* There are lot of questions like this ( what's the purpose of life) begging for answers, research and give them answers.

The purpose of life is not happiness, is not food alone but is to be useful, to be empathy and to contribute positively to make the world better than you meet it. Make some different that you've lived and you lived well....
Cc makydebbie
Cc seun

Cc ayobami52
Cc shakol91
Cc oam4j
I regret any grammatical error... Only use my lunch time to write this. Thanks all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 07, 2018
ShyCypher:
As far as I am concerned (and yes, I speak for myself) - life is meaningless. I won't quote any renown philosopher/psychologist, I'll just say it how I understand it.

There is no such thing as "purpose" in life. Life is a state and not a process.

I do not believe we exist to fulfil a particular purpose/destiny. We feel these sense of 'achievement' as a result of consequence and not purpose. The reason we strive hard to achieve certain things is not because those things are what we exist/created to do but because they are the circumstances/environment in which we find ourselves.

The difference between a college dropout & an accomplished medical doctor is choice not fate.

Choice.

We choose to pursue these things & prioritise them in our existence. Money, cars, houses, sex, religion, power etc now most humans see these things as achievements.

There are people who choose to ignore these things yet they exist with others who do. Its the same life that they live.

We are what we choose to become & what we become defines our existence. A cucumber for example can either be used for food or for sexual satisfaction. Likewise, fire can be used to create or to destroy. It all depends on the bearer.

There is no "afterlife" (why would a second life exist when both can be fused as one?) neither is man a "superior" being. What matters to a 25 year old man is completely irrelevant to a 25 year old elephant. That doesn't mean that the elephant's life is meaningless. Bacteria & viruses existed before man chose to manipulate them for other purposes like diseases.

Again, the keyword here is choice.

There are celibate buddhist monks in Asia who have no penny & find fulfilment in meditation & connectin' to nature - to him, his life is fulfilled whilst there are music artistes in the USA who find fulfillment in drivin' the latest cars & poppin' the most expensive champagnes.

Like OP said, we live only to die at the end. We do not "die" per se, we merely cease to exist in our current state. We cease to exist in this human state and become converted to another state (soil) which in turn will either remain in that state or will continue to be converted to various states of existence.

Will you then say our "purpose" as humans is to be turned into soil?
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by undisputed25(m): 1:09pm On May 07, 2018
[quote author=ShyCypher post=67354134][/quote]
Wow.. You've really got a different philosophy about life... But I think helping others while living makes a life more fulfilled
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by makydebbie(f): 1:21pm On May 07, 2018
Hmmm...

You are speaking to me right here, and it's clear. So in essence, we should live to impact. Even though life doesn't make it easy with its unexpected twist and turns. What I don't understand is why life won't give us enough time to achieve our dreams and leave legacies behind for the next generation ( I don't want to understand anymore because it'll lead to endless questions.)
Life is meaningless but it's our job to make a meaning out of it.

You're saying the goal is to be useful and contribute positively, maybe that's where we'll find happiness.
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by undisputed25(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2018
makydebbie:
Hmmm...

You are speaking to me right here, and it's clear. So in essence, we should live to impact. Even though life doesn't make it easy with its unexpected twist and turns. What I don't understand is why life won't give us enough time to achieve our dreams and leave legacies behind for the next generation ( I don't want to understand anymore because it'll lead to endless questions.)

You're saying the goal is to be useful and contribute positively, maybe that's where we'll find happiness.
Makydebbie have you read when breath becomes air by Paul Sudhir Arul Kalanithi?
When you study his lifestyle very well, you'll discover life is purposeless to an extent
But his ability to utilise his limited time on earth writing that book made him a legend forever.
He's the neurosurgeon I was referring to in my little write up.... WELTSCHMERZ THAT'S MY GENERAL VIEW ABOUT LIFE
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by undisputed25(m): 1:34pm On May 07, 2018
Just let's stay positive... And move on..... The end shall justify the means
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 07, 2018
There is only one Purpose but different mission on this Grand Cosmic Simulation called Life. This is where Humans are forged into Gods.

Your mission might be different but the Purpose has always been very simple. You are Human. There are billions of Humans on Earth and there are many Gods. Yes, Gods and Goddesses. We have known this intuitively all along but the there are decoys in the system that tricks you to believe there is one God. There are many Gods who actually are also working their aims, their aim is not what you asked for.

But the Purpose of this Simulated Game is to forged Humans into becoming Gods. That is why suffering is the default, and you are rewarded with some happiness in instalments as you keep winning.

Now, you see the religions and the entire school of thoughts teach about spiritual growth, Awakening, Ascension, Change of Consciousness, Being Born again, etc.

It means one thing. Moving from being mere mortal to being Immortal Gods and fusing with the Prime Creator. We are living cells in the creation of Prime Creator, the one you call Almighty God, and I hope you know the Bible itself uses words like Lord God, Almighty God, Lord of Lords etc, these are mundane ways that the intepreters of the Aramaic texts and the Sumerian ancient writings try to put out these words in the days that there were no computer.

That is why I keep saying, when you outgrow religions, your journeys will begin. Religions can not answer it all. You need all bodies especially Programming and Sciences to decode the decoys in the matrix.

As Man is, the Gods once were, and as the Gods are, Man may be.

Learn to cheat the matrix even as you learn the lessons and be forged into Gods.

1 Like

Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by makydebbie(f): 1:40pm On May 07, 2018
undisputed25:

Makydebbie have you read when breath becomes air by Paul Sudhir Arul Kalanithi?
When you study his lifestyle very well, you'll discover life is purposeless to an extent
But his ability to utilise his limited time on earth writing that book made him a legend forever.
He's the neurosurgeon I was referring to in my little write up.... WELTSCHMERZ THAT'S MY GENERAL VIEW ABOUT LIFE
No I haven't. I'll try and see if I can get the book.
Life is purposeless, but we're expected to find purpose?
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by HappyPagan: 2:21pm On May 07, 2018
Bleep, eat, smile, laugh, cry, attend birthdays, burials, do a few good deeds and some bad ones. Die.

At the end, we'll all be forgotten.
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by princfred(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2018
makydebbie:
Hmmm...

Its not a must to achieve dreams or leave legacies, billions don't or they do in a low key way. Well, i have had fame and it doesnt freak me much. And legacies can be left in different forms big or small. Even being on NL to share your views is legacy left. Its just feeling too self important or ambitious that causes some stress. If one is healthy, worship his God freely and spread the good news one way or the other, i chop well, play well, make money well to build or leave in a very comfortable house and way, raise kids to also be comfortable and positively functional help others financially and otherwise then come NL blab am more than ok while inspiring for better comfort which may or may not come. Next generation go hear say i live well help others to too. That can be enough for one who is not over ambitious. As long as one tried to reach his maximium cadre thats enough wether its achieved or not. Even if death kill me then i no send i go just smile. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by undisputed25(m): 4:50pm On May 07, 2018
HappyPagan:
Bleep, eat, smile, laugh, cry, attend birthdays, burials, do a few good deeds and some bad ones. Die.

At the end, we'll all be forgotten.

Sad but truth..... But your nice gesture towards life itself writes your name in an indelible sand of time
We are gods
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by undisputed25(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2018
makydebbie:
No I haven't. I'll try and see if I can get the book. Life is purposeless, but we're expected to find purpose?
Alright shalom... Be happy ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by HappyPagan: 1:39pm On May 12, 2018
undisputed25:

Sad but truth..... But your nice gesture towards life itself writes your name in an indelible sand of time
We are gods
I'm God.
Re: Being Mortals, What's The Purpose Of Life? ( Response To Makydebbie) by undisputed25(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2018
HappyPagan:
I'm God.
Everything is possible

(1) (Reply)

How Money Rituals Actually Work / Paul Adefarasin’s Heartfelt Message To His Beautiful Wife, Ifeanyi / When Time Stops, Would God Stop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.