Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (5080 Views)

A Bus Preacher In Onitsha Got Beaten To Coma After Condoms Fell From His Bible / Nigerian Police Officer Preaching In A Bus. Photos / Kenyan Bus Preacher Angry For Getting Little Offering From Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Primesky(m): 8:29pm On May 08, 2018
frank317:

statements like this are the reason i said God has gotten it wrong by sending u.
I am not dying, I dont need a saviour u are the one who think I need a saviour even without asking me if i need one. sorry ur statement above is meaningless to me

which day will i realize my helplessness? are u wishing me evil because i dont believe in ur God? How and when will i realize my helplessness? God loves me so much that he appeared in Jewish land over two thousand years ago to die for me? what kind of nonsensical love is that? he should have halted my birth on earth and direct me straight to heaven, thats the only way i would have understood this love. Ya is actually stupid. what shouldnt happen after death? is this how ur God expresses his love? send u to tell me jargons and wait for me to die so that he can blame me for not accepting ur jargons? is this what u call love?

if actually God saved u and u know he is real, u have failed to communicate this to us, i see nothing from ur words that shows that God is real or has saved u. heck i dont even know what he saved u from. so I cant believe u. So if the news looks like rubbish to me, i should not dismiss it?
if God does not want to dance in my tune why did he send his son to die for me? how does asking him to do the right thing means he should dance in my tune? isnt even pathetic that ur God does not know how to act? cant he see that sending u to me has failed? u are a fallible human and i am not obligated to anything comin from u.

Are you comparing the president to your invisible God? Unfortunately for u, i am not a prisoner, neither am i on a life sentence. Have u seen a prisoner who does not know that he is in prison? how then do u want he to accept pardon from a crime he has not committed, and to make it worst the pardon is coming through a fellow "prisoner" from an invisible being.

I pray that you start reasoning. I pray that u think deep and realize how ridiculous u actually sound.

Neither am I surprised by your reasoning. Very well the bible spoke of your like. The gospel is foolishness to men, but it is the power of God unto salvation. There is nothing you do, that can harm the truth. You are to face your own consequences. As for the message, you have heard it, how foolish it may sound In your ears, does not alter it's reality and truth.

Let me show you the kind of wisdom you have.

Two women setout to sell off their bassen of garri. The sun was high and the weather was clear. One of the women said to her neighbor, come, let us carry an umbrella, in case it rains before we get to the market else, we'll lose our investment. The other woman, mocked her and said, why are you being foolish?, the sky is clear and the weather is fair, besides the bassen is already too heavy for us to add another weight of an umbrella. So, they set out, with one having an umbrella and the other going without one. The one with an umbrella struggled with the weight and discomfort of going with an umbrella while her mate walked free while mocking her along the way. At the middle of the journey, the weather changed rapidly, the rains are ready to come down. The woman without umbrella began to panic, she desperately needed an umbrella, but she could neither go forward nor go backward. It was rather too late. Not longafter, the rains came down and messed up her bassin of garri. She suffered a total loss because of a foolish assumption. Her mate carried on, her cautious and wise decision has paid off. She went on to make profit for her and her household.

This story is reminiscent of what some people just like you are doing now. By the time you pass on to the other side, and you cannot come back again, then you find out the truth. What will you do, Mr. Worldly wisdom?. Why should you perish when Jesus has paid the price for you? Don't be wise in your own eyes. Jesus saves.
Re: . by prinzfavian(m): 9:07pm On May 08, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
I had a verbal showdown with a woman in the bus recently. It was in a bus from Victoria Island to Iyanoba after the day's very difficult work. I had been silently contemplating how much it was costing me daily to transport myself to and from these two locations when a woman, probably in her late 40s began shouting in the bus, just right at the top of my head, bathing me with an impressively generous amount of sputum in the process. It was a Preacher Woman.

So with my anger at Buhari's already failed government boiling inside me, I spun round and lashed out at her. I asked her why she was making so much noise with her stupid sermons when she would have been better off putting her brain to better use by thinking her way out of her sad menopausal life.

The silence that greeted these words was very real. Even passengers that had earlier seemed distant and inattentive now turned their attention towards this potentially entertaining showdown. The woman herself looked horrendously(¿) stupefied. Her reaction suggested that it was either the first time anyone questioned her religion and even stood against it or that she had in fact, come across with a physical devil (she was mostly used to spiritual ones).

Unfazed, I continued my speech. Leaving in my wake inquisitive faces of numerous passengers beaming down at me and the Preacher Woman's priceless horrifying look.

I told her her problem was that she was doing the right thing at the wrong time thereby disturbing everyone with her plain foolhardiness. That it was silly to even think of preaching her religion in a bus as this where everyone there had surely just gone through the typically rigorous Lagos daily life and needn't be hearing about some God who is very powerless and can do little to nothing to help the Nigerian situation.

It took moments before her replies, nay, *curses* came. They came in all their glories, very disturbing to behold especially when the fellow who was now uttering them was the same person preaching Love, Peace, and Tolerance moments ago.

I was calm and composed. Heck, a passenger even had to ask me later on if I had taken classes in the Art of Tranquility. Lol. I was ready for her, I'm always ready whenever these religious nutter heads and self-denying fanatics are involved. The trick is always to irk them a little and then watch them shatter the very foundations of the same virtues they claim to hold dear. Yeah, and you wonder why my favorite word is 'hypocrites'.

I didn't take in most of what she said though. I was more busy trying desperately to get away from her sputum which were now pouring uncontrollably from her mouth. Still, I heard her mention things like devils, end time and how the mini demons dwelling inside me needed to be urgently exorcised. It made me momentarily wonder whether I in fact had mini demons dwelling inside me because the way I have been eating these days surprises me very much. I immediately made a mental note to check my demonometer when I got home to see if truly there were mini demons dwelling inside me, and if indeed there were, to immediately do away with them because the prices of foodstuffs in the market is no longer funny. I can't coman be feeding mini useless demons for free, no fa.

I digress. Back to the showdown, to this peculiar battle between God and Satan, White and Black, what is Sinless and what isn't, I told the woman to leave preachings to those buildings they call churches and quit causing noise pollutions in public buses.

Surprisingly, just as she was about to retaliate with freshly laid out curses, the Conductor intervened and told her that she was in fact disturbing everyone in his bus and that she had better left the preachings to be done in Churches. Most of the passengers even murmured in agreement to this.

So like a wounded Lion, greatly outnumbered, amidst fresh curses, fuming, and hisses, the great god-hand finally quieted down.

Somewhere in the record keeping section of my mind I wrote "On this day, in this epic battle between God and the Devil, the Devil has emerged triumphant"
You write sooo good. Though, I don't agree with everything you've said but I love the way you revealed her hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: . by blesskewe(f): 9:35pm On May 08, 2018
madridguy:
Must you include PMB?

Bros he had to
Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:42pm On May 08, 2018
frank317:

Is God clueless of am effective way to meet man? Why are u making excuses for this God? Did he tell u humans will doubt him if he shows up? Why should anyone doubt him? Do u serve a doubtable God?

U selected the good news to accept thats why u will or did not accept good news of muslims. U found the news plausible but i find the news childish anf so reject it the way u feel u have right to reject muslim news... its just surprising ur God is not thinking this way. Instead he is throwing different good news left right and centre. Or should we accept all 'good' news?

U cannot be the one telling us Jesus is the only way. U are fallible, selfish and inconsiderate because u are human. U are a human who naturally believe his mothers soup is the best, tribe shoukd be considered first and will chose family first over others... what God thinking by sending u to tell us ur Jesus is the only way?

If Jesus truly loves me and wants me to know... he sure has gotten it wrong by sending u.
Wow, Bro I duff my hat for you on this analysis. He still won't get it because his brain is long fried

3 Likes

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:44pm On May 08, 2018
M0ron:

There's none
Little wonder you call yourself a M0ron cheesy

Peace brother
Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2018
blesskewe:

Bros he had to
My Sister, the writeup just wouldn't be complete if I didn't include that dull motherfuck*r
Re: . by Writs: 2:44am On May 09, 2018
T
0temSapien:
Hmm.

Adspiramen 17:40-41

40. And they(the religious people) shall die in their ignorances, creating no useful impact in the world but noise.

41. And they(the religious people) shall not invent anything but noise while they use the inventions of the people that are not afraid of death. Yet they shall condemn the people whose inventions they are using.

Please where can one get the full text of this...
Re: . by frank317: 5:51am On May 09, 2018
Primesky:

Neither am I surprised by your reasoning. Very well the bible spoke of your like. The gospel is foolishness to men, but it is the power of God unto salvation. There is nothing you do, that can harm the truth. You are to face your own consequences. As for the message, you have heard it, how foolish it may sound In your ears, does not alter it's reality and truth.

I am not interested in altering the truth. I am more interested in being sure its the truth u are telling me. So far, nothing in ur words shows u are telling the truth, therefore i am not afraid to face the consequence of my actions. Tell ur God to bring it on. I will whisk him away back to oblivion when I expose his foolishness as a creator.

Let me show you the kind of wisdom you have.

Two women setout to sell off their bassen of garri. The sun was high and the weather was clear. One of the women said to her neighbor, come, let us carry an umbrella, in case it rains before we get to the market else, we'll lose our investment. The other woman, mocked her and said, why are you being foolish?, the sky is clear and the weather is fair, besides the bassen is already too heavy for us to add another weight of an umbrella. So, they set out, with one having an umbrella and the other going without one. The one with an umbrella struggled with the weight and discomfort of going with an umbrella while her mate walked free while mocking her along the way. At the middle of the journey, the weather changed rapidly, the rains are ready to come down. The woman without umbrella began to panic, she desperately needed an umbrella, but she could neither go forward nor go backward. It was rather too late. Not longafter, the rains came down and messed up her bassin of garri. She suffered a total loss because of a foolish assumption. Her mate carried on, her cautious and wise decision has paid off. She went on to make profit for her and her household.

This story is reminiscent of what some people just like you are doing now. By the time you pass on to the other side, and you cannot come back again, then you find out the truth. What will you do, Mr. Worldly wisdom?. Why should you perish when Jesus has paid the price for you? Don't be wise in your own eyes. Jesus saves.

Ur story was definitely gotten from tales by moonlight and i dont see how it relates to the conversation we are having.
Ur story actually promotes foolishness. Let me ask u, how often does the umbrella woman always carry umbrella to the market? Do u think its wise for a market woman to always carry umbrella even in dry season? U didnt confirm the period was dry season or rainy season.
Bro, by the time i pass the other side, i will either disappear forever or experience a whole new different thing. However, whatever happens after life is not really my business for now... the business i have now is to survive here and be happy at it.
I am not afraid of ur incompetent God... u can go and ask.him... he will tell u that i am telling the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by 0temSapien: 6:06am On May 09, 2018
Writs:
T

Please where can one get the full text of this...

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/65#62480142
Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2018
frank317:

I am not interested in altering the truth. I am more interested in being sure its the truth u are telling me. So far, nothing in ur words shows u are telling the truth, therefore i am not afraid to face the consequence of my actions. Tell ur God to bring it on. I will whisk him away back to oblivion when I expose his foolishness as a creator.

Ur story was definitely gotten from tales by moonlight and i dont see how it relates to the conversation we are having.
Ur story actually promotes foolishness. Let me ask u, how often does the umbrella woman always carry umbrella to the market? Do u think its wise for a market woman to always carry umbrella even in dry season? U didnt confirm the period was dry season or rainy season.
Bro, by the time i pass the other side, i will either disappear forever or experience a whole new different thing. However, whatever happens after life is not really my business for now... the business i have now is to survive here and be happy at it.
I am not afraid of ur incompetent God... u can go and ask.him... he will tell u that i am telling the truth.
Wow, I'm totally enjoying this your answers. The slowpoke will will probably cook up something that's totally different from what you've just said now and he'll think he's making sense

1 Like

Re: . by frank317: 7:17am On May 09, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
Wow, I'm totally enjoying this your answers. The slowpoke will will probably cook up something that's totally different from what you've just said now and he'll think he's making sense

Lol... grin

Thats why i said he is incompetent to.be the creators messanger...

He is just dishing out all his pastor told him without taking a second to actually read and respond directly to my posts

2 Likes

Re: . by M0ron: 7:45am On May 09, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
Little wonder you call yourself a M0ron cheesy

Peace brother
Piss
Re: . by Writs: 8:14am On May 09, 2018
Re: . by vaxx: 11:33am On May 09, 2018
frank317:
Nice one OP, lovely write up too.
I feel your pain regarding the stress of going to VI from Iyanoba and spending all that money. Used to go from lekk to Abulado (after mile two) and life was hell until things changed.

I wish people like Vaxx would trading preaching traditional religion in the bus, lets see how these Christians would react... you see them hear shouting persecution. Or a muslim preach koran in a bus... this will be a disaster.
The truly liberated mind is never aggressive about his or her system of beliefs. Because it is founded on a total self confidence, so the iacceptance of others is a primary motive and that there is no need to march out or propagate one’s cause. That is why Yoruba religion has never waged a religious war, like the Jihad or the Crusades. that is not the purpose of ATr , We do not make converts! It is the orisha himself who chooses his devotees .. The person who needs to convert others is a creature of total insecurity, There is this beautiful Yoruba proverb: "The effort one makes of forcing another to be like oneself, makes one an unpleasant person!"

3 Likes

Re: . by frank317: 12:20pm On May 09, 2018
vaxx:
The truly liberated mind is never aggressive about his or her system of beliefs. Because it is founded on a total self confidence, so the iacceptance of others is a primary motive and that there is no need to march out or propagate one’s cause. That is why Yoruba religion has never waged a religious war, like the Jihad or the Crusades. that is not the purpose of ATr , We do not make converts! It is the orisha himself who chooses his devotees .. The person who needs to convert others is a creature of total insecurity, There is this beautiful Yoruba proverb: "The effort one makes of forcing another to be like oneself, makes one an unpleasant person!"

This makes sense... i totally agree with u. Only if ur Christian cousins will learn and stop creating nuisance all over the place.

1 Like

Re: . by Zither(m): 12:44pm On May 09, 2018
Op, you wrote that the Devil emerged triumphant. I want to ask. Are you the Devil or you are working for the Devil? Which one abeg?

You also wrote that your favourite word is 'hypocrites'. There is nothing wrong in it being your favourite word. What is obvious, however, is that it is your favourite epithet to describe Christians...illustrating this fact through your narration of an encounter with a female bus preacher. You called her hypocrite, not because she was preaching on a bus, but because you have a deep-seated hatred for Christians. This is why you challenged her. Her preaching on the bus was just an excuse to unleash your hatred and disgust towards your fellow human on the basis of his or her beliefs. You said so yourself, your strategy is to irk them so they take the bait, resulting in their acting and speaking in ways contrary to their preaching. To you, any interaction with a Christian is an opportunity to improve your fisticuffs.
When did you ever challenge a person selling their wares on the bus to go peddle their wares in the market place as opposed to a commercial vehicle? Or their equally loud voices and sputum have no effect on you? What stopped you from politely making a request of her to quit her preaching giving her reasons?

Now my second question. What then is the difference between you and a hypocrite? Does the difference lie in the colour of blood? Is it tucked in the manner of response to people? May be it lies in the texture of the skin...yours has an abrasive, bigoted texture while theirs can be described as ignorance made of granite.

What and where lies the difference between you and a hypocrite?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2018
Zither:
Op, you wrote that the Devil emerged triumphant. I want to ask. Are you the Devil or you are working for the Devil? Which one abeg?

You also wrote that your favourite word is 'hypocrites'. There is nothing wrong in it being your favourite word. What is obvious, however, is that it is your favourite epithet to describe Christians...illustrating this fact through your narration of an encounter with a female bus preacher. You called her hypocrite, not because she was preaching on a bus, but because you have a deep-seated hatred for Christians. This is why you challenged her. Her preaching on the bus was just an excuse to unleash your hatred and disgust towards your fellow human on the basis of his or her beliefs. You said so yourself, your strategy is to irk them so they take the bait, resulting in their acting and speaking in ways contrary to their preaching. To you, any interaction with a Christian is an opportunity to improve your fisticuffs.
When did you ever challenge a person selling their wares on the bus to go peddle their wares in the market place as opposed to a commercial vehicle? Or their equally loud voices and sputum have no effect on you? What stopped you from politely making a request of her to quit her preaching giving her reasons?

Now my second question. What then is the difference between you and a hypocrite? Does the difference lie in the colour of blood? Is it tucked in the manner of response to people? May be it lies in the texture of the skin...yours has an abrasive, bigoted texture while theirs can be described as ignorance made of granite.

What and where lies the difference between you and a hypocrite?
One feature for which I like all you religious nutter heads is your ability to talk very much yet saying nothing. You have talked and talked yet when one really looks at it, you have said nothing. You just keep being stupid fighting for your powerless God that can't even fight for himself.

You asked if I was the Devil for saying the Devil emerged triumphant, Yes, I am. And whilst you're at it on this discovery, I am also the Boogeyman and that other evil villain in one of those fairy tales.

You think you're smart yet you can't even recognize sarcasm. Smh.
Re: . by Zither(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
One feature for which I like all you religious nutter heads is your ability to talk very much yet saying nothing. You have talked and talked yet when one really looks at it, you have said nothing. You just keep being stupid fighting for your powerless God that can't even fight for himself.

You asked if I was the Devil for saying the Devil emerged triumphant, Yes, I am. And whilst you're at it on this discovery, I am also the Boogeyman and that other evil villain in one of those fairy tales.

You think you're smart yet you can't even recognize sarcasm. Smh.

Denial calculated to spite the questioner. Glad you answered you are the Devil in the story. Your write-up left a gaping hole I aimed to fill up with my question. Now, where lies the difference between you and a hypocrite? This is the significance of the story. A good story should have generalization or universal-ism in its application. I am not a "religious nutter head" as you have erroneously concluded; just a reader trying to extract the essence of your experience to its fullest. You said the Christian lady is a hypocrite but you've played blind to other variables that include you in that label.

In simple terms, why is she a hypocrite and you think you're not? It can't get any simpler than that.
Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 6:05pm On May 09, 2018
Zither:

Denial calculated to spite the questioner. Glad you answered you are the Devil in the story. Your write-up left a gaping hole I aimed to fill up with my question. Now, where lies the difference between you and a hypocrite? This is the significance of the story. A good story should have generalization or universal-ism in its application. I am not a "religious nutter head" as you have erroneously concluded; just a reader trying to extract the essence of your experience to its fullest. You said the Christian lady is a hypocrite but you've played blind to other variables that include you in that label.

In simple terms, why is she a hypocrite and you think you're not? It can't get any simpler than that.
Where did I say I'm not a hypocrite? Where? Heck, I even called myself the Devil so what else do you want?

I have written my own story, if you have yours create a topic and write it there. So long God-hand
Re: . by frank317: 6:57pm On May 09, 2018
Zither:

Of course the woman is clearly a hypocrite. Preaching what she does not practice. A little bait and she fell for it. What then was the essence of disturbing people in the bus. She is also a hypocrite because the same lady will frown at a traditionalist preaching his religion.

U are also free to call the op a hypocrite, he never attempted to preach that he wasnt.

As for people who sell in the drugs in the bus. They are usually more fun, less attacking, less noisy and are not hypocrites. They are not as annoyin as ur christian folks. Drugs sellers do not preach religion, infact they teach what is fact unlike ur religious folks who are insensitive as they preach ther jargons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Zither(m): 7:31pm On May 09, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
Where did I say I'm not a hypocrite? Where? Heck, I even called myself the Devil so what else do you want?

I have written my own story, if you have yours create a topic and write it there. So long God-hand

Where did you say or imply you're a hypocrite? All I read was you portraying a preacher in bad light to demonstrate the hypocrisy of her nature as it concerns her religious doctrines and practices, to strike a difference in nature between you and her...a job you executed so poorly that you shot your foot clumsily. Your story is just a practical demonstration of the fact that your hypocrisy is so multi-layered that it would take quite some time to get to the bottom of it. Anyway, since we are on the same page, so long.
Re: . by Zither(m): 7:35pm On May 09, 2018
frank317:

Of course the woman is clearly a hypocrite. Preaching what she does not practice. A little bait and she fell for it. What then was the essence of disturbing people in the bus. She is also a hypocrite because the same lady will frown at a traditionalist preaching his religion.

U are also free to call the op a hypocrite, he never attempted to preach that he wasnt.

As for people who sell in the drugs in the bus. They are usually more fun, less attacking, less noisy and are not hypocrites. They are not as annoyin as ur christian folks. Drugs sellers do not preach religion, infact they teach what is fact unlike ur religious folks who are insensitive as they preach ther jargons

The way you talk about Christian folks one would think they are Fulani herdsmen raiding every available bus in the city. Is that the picture you are trying to create?
Re: . by frank317: 9:39pm On May 09, 2018
Zither:

The way you talk about Christian folks one would think they are Fulani herdsmen raiding every available bus in the city. Is that the picture you are trying to create?

My post was in response to ir first response to the op. Ur post brought about the response
Re: . by Writs: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2018
Re: . by stagger: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
AwesomeDuru:
I was terribly tired and frustrated with the state of things in the country that evening, there was traffic, the t-fare had been quadrupled and as if that was not enough to drive a sane man crazy, a woman had the guts to tell us, no, shout at us about some stupid God. Can't her all powerful God make life bearable for Nigerians like herself?

Quite agree with the preaching in the bus causing a disturbance at that time. But leave God out of Nigeria's matter.

God has given us crude oil (one of the best grades in the world), natural gas (which we have been flaring since 1958), some of the best arable land (you need to see how much some countries with dead, icy soil spend on food imports), human resources, clement weather (no hurricanes, volcanos, or earthquakes), and solid minerals (go to Nasarawa and see what the Chinese are carting away).

But the likes of Diezani and all the corrupt leaders we have had have collectively decided to sabotage all what God has done for Nigeria.
So LEAVE GOD OUT OF NIGERIA'S MATTER. He should even be knocking us on the head, not making life bearable. Was it God who put all those millions of dollars in that Ikoyi house?

Please. The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians. Not God.

Now we have a chance to change things in 2019. Some people will still collect free akara and sabotage the next 4 years of their lives and that of the country.

3 Likes

Re: . by MuttleyLaff: 6:56am On Aug 18, 2018
frank317:
Nice one OP, lovely write up too.
I feel your pain regarding the stress of going to VI from Iyanoba and spending all that money. Used to go from lekk to Abulado (after mile two) and life was hell until things changed.

I wish people like Vaxx would trading preaching traditional religion in the bus,
lets see how these Christians would react... you see them hear shouting persecution.
Or a muslim preach koran in a bus... this will be a disaster.

To be a christian means to be selfish and insensitive.
Christianity preach love but gives hate. otherwise how can u be preaching love in a bus filled with tired and frustrated people?
You cant give what u dont have... humans are not perfect and so all these christians claiming holier than thou will always get it wrong
Christian and Muslims do preach in buses
Never heard of African Traditional Religion (i.e. ATR) preached or try to proselytise to ATR in a bus

frank317:
I still dont think God (if He exists) is serious about people knowing and loving Him.
If God wants the people he loves to know Him he should stop sending incompetent selfish humans to do the job.
He should do it himself or send some near perfect angles
He already has done it Himself, frank317
Re: . by Mensah007: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
AwesomeDuru:
I had a verbal showdown with a woman in the bus recently. It was in a bus from Victoria Island to Iyanoba after the day's very difficult work. I had been silently contemplating how much it was costing me daily to transport myself to and from these two locations when a woman, probably in her late 40s began shouting in the bus, just right at the top of my head, bathing me with an impressively generous amount of sputum in the process. It was a Preacher Woman.

So with my anger at Buhari's already failed government boiling inside me, I spun round and lashed out at her. I asked her why she was making so much noise with her sermons when she would have been better off putting her brain to better use by thinking her way out of her sad life.

The silence that greeted these words was very real. Even passengers that had earlier seemed distant and inattentive now turned their attention towards this potentially entertaining showdown. The woman herself looked horrendously(¿) stupefied. Her reaction suggested that it was either the first time anyone questioned her religion and even stood against it or that she had in fact, come across with a physical devil (she was mostly used to spiritual ones).

Unfazed, I continued my speech. Leaving in my wake inquisitive faces of numerous passengers beaming down at me and the Preacher Woman's priceless horrifying look.

I told her her problem was that she was doing the right thing at the wrong time thereby disturbing everyone with her plain foolhardiness. That it was silly to even think of preaching her religion in a bus as this where everyone there had surely just gone through the typically rigorous Lagos daily life.

It took moments before her replies, nay, *curses* came. They came in all their glories, very disturbing to behold especially when the fellow who was now uttering them was the same person preaching Love, Peace, and Tolerance moments ago.

I was calm and composed. Heck, a passenger even had to ask me later on if I had taken classes in the Art of Tranquility. Lol. I was ready for her, I'm always ready whenever these religious nutter heads and self-denying fanatics are involved. The trick is always to irk them a little and then watch them shatter the very foundations of the same virtues they claim to hold dear. Yeah, and you wonder why my favorite word is 'hypocrites'.

I didn't take in most of what she said though. I was more busy trying desperately to get away from her sputum which were now pouring uncontrollably from her mouth. Still, I heard her mention things like devils, end time and how the mini demons dwelling inside me needed to be urgently exorcised. It made me momentarily wonder whether I in fact had mini demons dwelling inside me because the way I have been eating these days surprises me very much. I immediately made a mental note to check my demonometer when I got home to see if truly there were mini demons dwelling inside me, and if indeed there were, to immediately do away with them because the prices of foodstuffs in the market is no longer funny. I can't coman be feeding mini useless demons for free, no fa.

I digress. Back to the showdown, to this peculiar battle between God and Satan, White and Black, what is Sinless and what isn't, I told the woman to leave preachings to those buildings they call churches and quit causing noise pollutions in public buses.

Surprisingly, just as she was about to retaliate with freshly laid out curses, the Conductor intervened and told her that she was in fact disturbing everyone in his bus and that she had better left the preachings to be done in Churches. Most of the passengers even murmured in agreement to this.

So like a wounded Lion, greatly outnumbered, amidst fresh curses, fuming, and hisses, the great god-hand finally quieted down.

Somewhere in the record keeping section of my mind I wrote "On this day, in this epic battle between God and the Devil, the Devil has emerged triumphant"

Hello boss, please I'm really interested in your domain WhatsApp group chat. I don't want to quote you on the main thread because you may not like it, so I'm here pleading that you add me to the group.

I'm a newbie and need guidance, just this one chance from you. My number is 07032909591. Thanks �
Re: . by AuntyAmope(m): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2021
@awesomeduru my nl email isn't functioning. Can u drop ur mail
Re: . by AwesomeDuru(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2021
AuntyAmope:
@awesomeduru my nl email isn't functioning. Can u drop ur mail

1 Like

Re: . by AuntyAmope(m): 5:18am On Aug 24, 2021
AwesomeDuru:
Thank you.
Re: . by AuntyAmope(m): 5:44am On Mar 31, 2023
Hello boss @AwesomeDuru , I know you are busy sir but I need your help with an urgent pitching. I already said hi to you on WhatsApp with no that ends with double six but You haven’t been online. Thank you in advance sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is God Really Omniscient?? / Why Do Some Nigerians Call Their Pastors 'Papa' Or 'Daddy'? / 10 Lists Of Scientific Discoveries That Were Proven Wrong By Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.