Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Interview Fright And Lesson Learnt - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Interview Fright And Lesson Learnt (958 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Interview Experience / My Interview Experience-you Might Learn A Thing Or Two. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Interview Fright And Lesson Learnt by ashakemi: 3:21pm On May 07, 2018
There was a cluster of fright and anticipation in my voice as I told the Security Man I had an interview slated for 1:00 pm, I hurriedly tucked in my shirt while paying careful attention not to ruffle the crease on it.
My contact person for the interview was in a meeting so I had to wait, my heart won't stop racing and every semblance of composure I hitherto had seemed unhinged.

She ushered me in and made a gesture for me to sit, she had this homely smile and that even made me more nervous, my quavering feet won't stop throbbing, I eased my breath and heaved a sigh short of a relief.

She asked for my CV which I scuffled for in my bag, she glanced through and to my utter dismay I had given her two exact copies of an introductory brief of my CV with no concluding part, she handed a copy back and I replaced it with the right copy.

She called my name and told me, stay calm, gather your thoughts and maintain eye contact, I am going to give you some time to relax, the air conditioning calmed my frayed nerves and the rippling moisture on my face cooled off.

Her words were, I am human and just another employee, see me as such and you are gonna be all right, she was quite unlike the "mean persona" I had thought of.

Next time I might not be lucky.

3 Likes

Re: My Interview Fright And Lesson Learnt by Tellemall: 4:54pm On May 07, 2018
And all the glaciers ceased to move, the birds didn't fly, you could hear a cockroach fart from Beijing. You were nervous. Wow. Big ups overcoming that.

However, the glaciers continued to move, the birds flew unendingly and no cockroaches farted in Beijing.

2 Likes

Re: My Interview Fright And Lesson Learnt by benedictnsi(m): 8:06pm On May 07, 2018
i love ur diction
Re: My Interview Fright And Lesson Learnt by Shukusheka(m): 11:35pm On May 07, 2018
Did you come here to narrate your interview experience or you came here to blow big grammar?

All that long boring grammar yet you didn't even say anything about how the interview itself went. angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Directline Translation Job Vacancies (must be willing to travel abroad for SDL ) / Massive Recruitment! At Africa Courier Services (ACE) For Different Positions / Npower 2017 Successful Applicants Have You Collect Your Deployment Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.