Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter (309 Views)

Adeboye Calls For The Release Of Leah Sharibu From Boko Haram Terrorists / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Leah Sharibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter by chikachuks1(m): 5:16pm On May 07, 2018
The mother of a Nigerian Christian schoolgirl (Leah Sharibu) who was been kidnapped by Islamic radical group Boko Haram has said that she is proud of her daughter for not denouncing Jesus, while a classmate shared hopes that God might use her to turn her attackers to Christ.

“I am so proud of my Leah Sharibu because she did not denounce Christ,” the mother, Rebecca Sharibu, said of her daughter, 15-year-old Leah Sharibu, in an article posted by Open Doors USA last week.

“And because of that, I know God will never forsake her. When she went away to school, I gave her a copy of the Bible so she could have her personal devotions even when I am not there. As her mother, I know her to be an obedient daughter, respectful and someone who puts others before herself.”

Leah Sharibu was one of over 100 schoolgirls kidnapped from a secondary school in the town of Dapchi during a Boko Haram raid in February. While all of the other schoolgirls have been freed, she remains the lone student still in captivity.

What is more, testimonies have emerged revealing that Leah Sharibu was offered her freedom by the radicals if she denounced her faith, but she has refused to do so.

http://www.christianityupdate.com/blog/leah-sharibu/

Sharibu recalled her terror on the night of the attack when she found out that her daughter had been taken, but said she is finding courage in the prayers of Christians from around the world.

“I want to plead that Christians not grow tired of praying for her — ’til she returns,” the mother said.

“My heart is heavy but joyful in this trial because my Leah Sharibu refused to denounce Christ, just as our church says, ‘being joyful in suffering.’ My encouragement is this: I know that even if Leah is dead, she is with the Lord.”

Affodia Andrawus, a 19-year-old Christian classmate of Leah’s, who witnessed the raid firsthand but managed to escape, said she has faith that God will use her friend for a higher purpose.

“I believe that God allowed Leah Sharibu to be the only Christian that was abducted for a reason — so that through her, the world and even her abductors would come to know Christ. Leah indeed has spread the Gospel to all the world,” the girl said.

Andrawus also attested to Leah’s strong character.

“No matter how much Leah is mistreated or insulted by other students, she will never retaliate. Instead, Leah will look for a way to make peace with everyone,” she shared.

“If anyone is sick among the Christians, Leah Sharibu is always the first to go and greet and pray for that person,” Affodia said. “Her life is really an example for all to follow.”

http://www.christianityupdate.com/blog/leah-sharibu/

Re: Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter by HigherEd: 6:51pm On May 07, 2018
Lalasticlala van you pls move this to front page. There are too many irrelevant news on NLs front page btw.
Re: Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter by HigherEd: 6:52pm On May 07, 2018
Lalasticlala van you pls move this to front page. There are too many irrelevant news on NLs front page btw....
Re: Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter by CodeTemplar: 7:06pm On May 07, 2018
The witholding of Leah and release of muslims is the ultimate proof that Muslims hate Christians with passion in Nigerian. It also shows that those many Islamic/Muslims bodies releasing childish statement about Trump are nothing but a gathering of spiteful and hateful hearts.
How many statements have they released on the special treatment of Leah?
Re: Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter by CodeTemplar: 7:29pm On May 07, 2018

“I am so proud of my Leah Sharibu because she did not denounce Christ,” the mother, Rebecca Sharibu, said of her daughter, 15-year-old Leah Sharibu, in an article posted by Open Doors USA last week.

“And because of that, I know God will never forsake her. When she went away to school, I gave her a copy of the Bible so she could have her personal devotions even when I am not there. As her mother, I know her to be an obedient daughter, respectful and someone who puts others before herself.”
Re: Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter by deebrain(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2018
Come, so this lady is yet to be released?
Re: Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter by sKeetz(m): 10:47pm On May 07, 2018
They should pray harder, god has an ear infection so he cant hear properly. cool

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Your Authority For Warfare – Sam Adeyemi / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 / When You Are Hungry Can You Serve God Almighty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.