Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,336 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 (310 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/2023 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 / Open Heaven Daily Devotional 19/05/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 by Lucy001(f): 12:07am On May 18, 2018
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 by Lucy001(f): 8:29pm On May 18, 2018
PRAYER POINTS

1. I pull down the stronghold of confusion in my life in the name of Jesus.

2. Every seat of confusion in my life, be broken down in the name of Jesus.

3. Let the storm of confusion within my mind be still in the name of Jesus.

4. Every cloud of confusion that has enveloped my mind, fade away now in the name of Jesus.

5. I reject every storm of confusion, and claim a sound mind in the name of Jesus.

6. Every power that wants to destroy my life, I command you to be destroyed in Jesus' name.

7. Every faulty foundation in my life, receive the fire of God in the name of Jesus.

8. I fire back every arrow of mind destruction fired into my life back to the sender in the name of Jesus.

9. My mind, receive divine touch of God and be relieved in the name of Jesus.

10. Lord strengthen me in my inner mind with Your fire and Your power in the name of Jesus.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 by Lucy001(f): 8:29pm On May 18, 2018
The Bible documents several declarations of God’s covenant promised and blessings to Abraham, which are intended to overflow to his children (Genesis 17:2, Genesis 12:2-3, Genesis 22:16-18). Although God spoke these words to Abraham several thousands of years ago, generations from that period till now have continued to see His pronouncements manifest in very dramatic fashion. Let us consider two of God’s pronouncements on Abraham. In Genesis 12:2-3, He said:

“And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”

Also, in Genesis 22:17-18, God said:

“That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall posses the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed…”

The fulfilment of these words in the lives of Abraham’s direct descendants (the Jews) and in the lives of Christians, who are partakers of these promises by adoption, has resulted in a situation where people from all nations of the world seek to be numbered among Abraham’s children.

However, claiming to be one of Abraham’s children does not confer this status on anyone; only fulfilling the necessary requirements does. Romans 9:6-7 explains that in the sight of God, not even all of those who descended from Abraham biologically are children of Abraham for the purpose of receiving God’s covenant blessings. Being a child of Abraham does not come through genetic connections. Galatians 3:7 tells us what confers this status on a person:

“Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.”

(1) (Reply)

When You Are Hungry Can You Serve God Almighty / #ThisIsNigeriaByFalz: Suicide Bombers Also Wear Hijab, So STFU!!! / Firdaus Amasa Has Been Approved For The Call To Bar. Alhamdulillah ❤❤

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.