Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts (28710 Views)

The Veil Of Love By Bayo Onuwaje / CELEBRITIES Life's LOVE By Lamidi Samad Adeniran / Shartered Love By Ola Olowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE EPISODE 26

© Loudest Thoughts

All Rights Reserved.

Tom was at work a week after Dani left with his Dad when Gina called her to rush back home as Grissel was packing out. Prior to her packing out they were fine and seems to have resolved their issues.

He left everything he was doing and rushed back home but she had already left with a few of her stuff.

Gina saw the pain in his eyes and told him where she left to.

When he got to Jessy’s house, she refused to see him. That whole week she had not been to work and Tom kept frequenting Jessy’s place hoping to see his wife but to no avail.

Adam and Jessy interfered and tried to help but she was so headstrong.

‘Thanks for meeting me Andre.’

‘Yeah, you sounded worried over the phone but I hope you two are enjoying your holiday.’

‘Holiday?’

‘Yes, Grissel asked for a month emergency leave to get settled before her big case starts.’

‘Big case?’

Adam read the expression on his face and realized Grissel lied to him about the holiday.

‘Yeah, her ex-husbands case.’

‘Okay I know about that and thank you.’ He sounded sad. ‘I have to go now.’

He left without another word whiles Andre called after him but he drove off.

Andre called Grissel before he also left the restaurant they had earlier on met at.

Tom got there after a few hours and once ushered in he walked past Adam and Jessy. He knew where her room was so he just badged in but Grissel was in the shower.

He calmed down and sat on her bed waiting for her to come out. Tom picked up her phone and decided to go through her logs and messages.

He was half through when Grissel came in with her towel wrapped on her head.

‘Gosh.’ She quickly grabbed the towel to cover herself.

‘Are you hiding your body from your husband?’

She hissed. ‘Who let you in?’

‘I came in by myself.’

‘What do you want?’ She said holding tightly on to the towel.

‘Grissel I’ve seen all that before, so allow yourself to breathe.’

She smiled unawares. ‘Tom, I don’t want you here.’

‘Pack your things and let’s go to our home.’

‘I’m staying right here.’ She walked to her wardrobe and quickly slipped on a blouse. ‘Don’t watch.’

Tom ignored her caution. ‘You want to stay here so you can continue calling Dane right?’

Her face shot up. ‘Give me that.’ She glared at him for her phone.

‘Grissel, what are you doing?’ He asked sadly.

She noticed him pushing his tears away.

‘Oh come on, don’t cry on me.’

‘Why were you calling him?’

‘I just dialed the number and hanged up several times.’ She made eye contact with him. ‘I couldn’t bring myself to call him to plead again after he humiliated me the last time..’

‘I believe you Love.’

‘Of course, you have to.’ She replied passing her right hand through her hair.

‘Do you need anything that I haven’t provided lately?’

‘Ice-cream.’ That was the only thing that came to her mind.

‘Jokes aside Grissel.’

‘It’s standard procedure Tom.’

‘Okay, how long?’

‘I don’t know, I just have a lot going on now that I don’t want you to be all over me.’

Tom examined her face and knew she was lying.

‘Clearly you need space so I would go now. Call me when you are ready.’

‘Thank you so much.’ She run into his arms when he stood up to leave.

He held on tightly and one thing led to another and they had a couple’s time together that afternoon.

Adam and Jessy were staring at them when they came out together laughing.

They always knew those two were inseparable. Tom left and went straight home with his family waiting for him.

Dane reached out with his lap napkin and wiped Lisa’s lips. Melisa hadn’t noticed she stained her lips with the sausage sauce she was busily enjoying with Dane after they left Mr. and Mrs. Reeds place.

The retired judge wanted to meet Melisa before he leaves with his wife to travel all over the world. Dane knew his parents would definitely like Melisa so he wasn’t surprise she got along with her dad easily.

‘Thanks.’ She smiled after Dane dropped the napkin.

‘Should I order for another plate?’ He asked watching her eat hurriedly.

Melisa looked up at him and nodded. ‘Make it two plates, one should be packaged.’

They were going back home after they left his parents when she complained of hunger so they decided to eat at a joint before going back.

Melisa obviously took Grissel’s advice to be with Dane. She convinced herself whatever she was doing with him was for Shirley but Dane’s dad made her feel she was making a mistake.

‘I was jealous when my dad asked to talk to you alone.’ He finally said what was on his mind.

Melisa dropped her cutlery. ‘D, just ask already.’

‘What did you two talk about?’ He quickly asked.

‘He said you are wrong for me.’ Melisa said staring at him.

‘That bastard.’ He jumped up from his seat scaring Melisa while the others looked on.

Melisa held his hands and gestured him to seat. ‘I love you and I think you should hear what I told him.’

He sighed and relaxed on his seat. ‘You want to leave me because he asked you to?’

‘No and you should know your father regrets helping you maltreat Grissel. He asked me to stay away from you because he feels you would do the same thing to me.’

‘Lisa, don’t pay attention to him.’ He quickly pushed his chair towards where she sat as they were facing each other earlier.

‘I’m trying not to Dane but I would still wish you let all these hatred go.’

‘We talked about this Lisa. You were not to interfere in this matter.’

‘I’m hurting but still want to be with you which I think makes me seem delusional.’

‘You are not delusional.’ He replied holding on to her hands.

‘Then dismiss this case and give Grissel her freedom.’

‘After you told me, you still wanted to be with me I thought about it but then I heard from my lawyer she filed for custody.’

‘So? Shir.. I mean Dani is her daughter too.’

‘Where was she when I had to stay up every night just because Dani was traumatized?’ He was near tears.

‘Hey,’ she called and gave him a tissue. ‘You drove her away Dane. I don’t see how she would have been a part of her life if you didn’t want her around.’

‘I never told you, I was expecting her to come back at a point.’ He muttered with a bliss which vanished within a second.

‘You wanted her back?’

He nodded. ‘I knew what I did and still doing is wrong but what’s her business with Dani now when she couldn’t come back all these years.’

Melisa kept staring at him. ‘You are right but she was young and probably didn’t have anyone advising her.’

He hissed. ‘Grissel was smart and intelligent. She just didn’t care Lisa.’

‘Give her the divorce then and I might be able to talk her out of the custody case.’

‘No, I don’t want you doing that. Let her keep thinking she’s coming out this time alive.’

‘Was that a threat?’ Melisa asked with a worried tone.

‘A caution Lisa. I allowed Dani near her because I trust you and I don’t want to lose you.’

She noticed he was boiling up so she smiled to confuse him.

‘Okay, what about we get married next week.’ She asked suddenly.

‘Lisa, you told me you don’t want to get married now.’

‘Yes, but I’ve changed my mind Dane.’

‘You think changing your mind would make me let all this go.’

‘Well, don’t tell me I didn’t warn you because you might lose me if you keep making Grissel suffer.’

‘You know what?’ He suddenly made a weird face.

‘No but it should be good.’ She supported her jaws with her hands.

‘I think we should take a break until all this is over.’ He stared at her for an expression. ‘Not the kind of break that won’t bring us together at the end.’

‘Alright, I understand and that’s what I need right now. I like it, just come and find me when your problems are over.’

‘You would wait for me?’ He asked with shock.

‘Of course, I told you I’m not sure why I still want to be with you despite what you keep doing to Grissel.’

He laughed heartily. ‘I guess I’m a very likeable man.’

‘I guess so besides I think you are a good man despite the fact that you think you have to pay evil with evil.’

He reached out for a hug. ‘Have I told you how much I love you Lisa?’

‘I don’t want to know now that we are on a break.’ She smiled and smacked him gently.

Just then the waiter came with her food and the packed meal. Dane glanced at his watch and moved back to his original position.

He loves Melisa but he also want some kind of closure. All these while he wasn’t so sure why he wanted Grissel not to be happy but he’s certain now he just wanted her to take all the blame for his own failure as a father.

‘Clive why did you ask me here.’

‘To talk some sense into you.’ He directed his eyes towards the two ladies at the bar.

They smiled at him. Tom recognized them and waved the. They were his two favorites apart from Amy whom he ended up keeping permanently. Clive knew that and took advantage of his current marriage status.

‘No, I can’t do that to Grissel.’

‘Yes you can. She wouldn’t even notice. Clive convinced. ‘Besides she left you unattended to for two weeks.’

‘And I’m okay Clive.’

‘You have needs, I can see that in your eyes. You know you want to Tom.’

He glared at him then to the ladies. He smiled finally and his phone rang.

'What is it again?' Tom feigned anger over the phone while Clive looked on.

'I'm just calling to check on my mom.'

'Grissel you have her number.'

'Yeah you are right.'

'Okay, goodnight.' He sounded in a hurry to hang up.

'Wait Tom.'

'I'm listening.'

'I'm in need of something.’

‘That something doesn’t have a name?’

‘You know what I mean Tom.’

‘I’m not a magician Grissel.’

‘Alright, I miss you.’

‘Thank you, have a goodni…’

‘Hold on, I’m ho..rny.’

He was mute at his end for a few seconds. 'So?'

'Why don't you come over?'

'You expect me to drive for two hours just to sleep with you in your sister's house.'

'Of course love. You were here the last time and she hasn't complained.'

'That's not happening again Grissel.'

'Don’t do this to me Tom?'

'If you need sex come back home Grissel.’ He smiled quietly. ‘To the best of my knowledge no one is chasing you and you just moved out in the name of standard procedure when Andre even said it's fine if you stay with me for now.'

Clive laughed at Tom’s reply.

'I'm just doing what will help my case Tom.'

'Okay, enjoy your case then.'

'Tom. What is all this?'

'It's called I'm not a lawyer but I'm wise.'

'Fine, let's trade.'

'Trade? What could you possibly have that I want now?'

'I know you miss my cooking.'

He laughed so loud that Grissel was confused over the call.

'What’s so funny?'

'You have no idea how your mom pampers me.'

'But my mom comes over once a while so you must be eating outside.'

'That’s where you are wrong. She brings food every evening.'

'So you won't come?' She asked sadly when it seemed her options were exhausted.

'No, I’m out with Clive and the girls right now.’

‘Huh!’ She exclaimed. ‘Tom don’t dig your own grave. I wi…..

‘Have a nice evening.' He hurriedly hanged up before Grissel would succeed in convincing him.

He enjoyed his time with her at Jessy’s end but he wasn't just comfortable. To Tom, they were still married but Grissel is so stubborn when it comes to her ethics.

‘I guess the path is cleared then.’ Clive said when Tom seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

‘Clive, I appreciate you looking out for me but I can’t be with those girls.’

‘But she just gave you the go ahead right.’

‘No, and I think being with those girls wouldn’t be fun anymore besides I would be breaking my vows.’

‘You two were not married in the first place so you are technically single.’

‘Let’s stop talking about this, you obviously haven’t fallen in love before so you won’t understand my feelings.’

‘You two are very funny and weird Tom.’ Clive responded and signaled the ladies to go.

He nodded and smiled proudly.

Grissel hissed and grabbed her popcorn bowl as she crossed her legs in front of the TV.

'He's right you know.' Jessy spoke behind her.

'You were eavesdropping Jessy.' She turned her head backwards.

'No, I was checking on you.'

'It’s the same thing.'

'As I said earlier, he was right. If you do need him you have to go home before you fall sick.'

She blushed. 'Sex doesn't make people fall sick.'

'You have no idea Grissel. Just ask Adam why he was always home early these past month.'

Grissel watched her sister blushed. ‘How do you do it? I mean Adam gives you all the attention you need without even asking.’

‘Communication and you started off with keeping secrets.’

She sighed heavily. ‘I’m trying to work on that.’

‘Good. I know you think staying here is the right thing to do but take it from me you are pushing him away.’

‘Dane is cunning, I just don’t want him to have the upper hand in this case.’

‘Alright Love. Just let me know when you need help.’

‘But has Adam cheated on you before?’ She suddenly asked when there was silence.

Jessy frowned. ‘Well, I haven’t caught him yet and I just keep trusting him with hope that it never happens.’

Grissel paused the movie as she was using an external player.

'Tell me more Jessy because he’s out there right now with his old flings and obviously doesn’t care about me.'

Her sister joined her on the sofa and dipped her hands in the popcorn.

‘Relax, he was bluffing.’ She caressed her nose. ‘No man tells you about cheating before they do.’

‘Are you sure because I know once Tom is with Clive, he’s lost to himself.’

‘Trust me, if he wanted to sleep out he would have done that without mentioning it to you.’

‘What’s the difference? He sounded as if he needed my permission to sleep around.’

‘No, that was him telling you, he respects you and wants you back home.’ Jessy watched her as she frowned.

‘I can’t go back now.’

‘That’s a conversation you both need to sit down and have. You can’t do this alone Grissel, especially if you have a man like Tom who is willing to sacrifice everything for you.’

‘His willingness is the more reason why I left. I’m scared he is not all that happy right now and I don’t want to stay with an unhappy man Jessy.’

‘I think, he’s just so much in love with you and he’s the kind of man that understands love doesn’t need to be that perfect all the time.’

‘At first, all I needed was him to accept me and understand why I hid the truth from him but now that he has given me what I wanted I feel it wasn’t right putting all my burdens on him.’

‘I know how you feel, but he chose this path for both of you. You love him as much as he does so just let him be there for you.’

Grissel glanced at her for a long time and sighed. ‘Alright, I would see him tomorrow.’ She concluded with a happy smile.

That was the old Jessy and Grissel. They talk about anything and Adam doesn't stand a chance.

To be continued

ALL EPISODES are here - http://youngicee.com/category/blemished-love

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE - EPISODE 27
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved.

'Are you sure it's okay, having dinner with me?'

'It's fine besides I'm not married anymore.'

'How's that going?' Stella dropped her cutlery in an attempt to listen to him.

'Your friend is stubborn and won't listen to anyone's advice either.'

'But she's right you know.'

'I know that but the court appearance is still weeks away I don't see why we shouldn't be together now.'

'She's keeping herself from more trouble especially when you guys are actually not married you don't expect her to be a wife to you.' She examined his face before her lips went apart again. 'Knowing Grissel and her principles don't expect her to come home when things are not sorted out.' Stella smiled at him.

Tom was silent for a few seconds staring at his plate of fries. 'Why ask for sex then?'

'Huh!' She exclaimed.

'Oops did I say that out loud.' His hands practically flew to cover his mouth.

She laughed lightly alongside blushing. 'Yeah you pretty much just told me she's not the only one that wants it.'

'I admit but there's no way I'm going to her house.'

'Sex is okay anywhere these days.'

'I know you would take her side.'

'Definitely, hotels and guest houses are appropriate.'

'It’s so weird talking to you about this and besides I'm not a fun of all those places you mentioned and she knows that.'

'You are not a fun but she is.'

'She is? Tom's eyes lit with surprise. 'Well, I can't waste my money on all those places.'

She nodded. 'I don't mind paying for it neither would Grissel.'

'I can't have my boss paying for that.'

'At this point I'm a friend but when it comes to paying your boss can pay for weekend getaways which are normal in every company.'

'You and Grissel can be manipulative.'

'That hurts my ego Tom.' She smiled all of a sudden.

'Sorry but it's true, Grissel is something else and I love that side of her.' He smiled unawares.

'Talking about Grissel, did you tell her about this place?' Stella waved her hand slowly.

'No, do you want her to have my head.'

'You know Grissel wasn't jealous because you were always with me.'

'She trusts you too much.' Tom said rubbing his hands against each other probably feeling cold.

'No, she knows my limit but then she trusts you a whole lot.' She smiled confusing Tom. 'She only gets angry when you don't call or at least answer her calls to tell her you would be keeping late nights.'

'That's more like she's monitoring me and it's the same as jealousy.'

'She loves you despite the fact that you are stubborn sometimes.'

'Did she put you up to this?'

'You of all people should know Grissel hates me now.'

'Yeah I'm sorry.'

I'm okay.' She stylishly waved her hands again when he wasn't watching. 'You know this restaurant's washroom is neat right.'

'Yeah, always clean. You want to use the washroom?' Tom responded ignorantly.

'No, Grissel doesn't want to come back to the house so you should know she will follow you anywhere.' Stella smiled sheepishly.

'She dare not.' He picked up his juice and sipped then dropped it. The smile on Stella's face brought him back to his senses. 'She is here right?'

'Uhmmm.' Stella nodded.

He sighed heavily, dropped the lap napkin and stood up abruptly.

'Where's she?'

'Take it easy.' She waved Grissel once more.

Tom turned around and his eyes caught her on a far row.

'Stay here.' He muttered to Stella.

'Remember to use the washroom.' She whispered to him while he shook his head and walked away.

He stood in front of her while she pretended not to notice him.

'Grissel, what are you doing here?'

She raised up her head. 'This is a restaurant Tom and everyone is allowed here.'

'Not when I'm in the same restaurant.'

'You mean when you are with another woman.' She bluntly said to annoy him.

'Really, at this point I think I'm allowed to see other people.' Tom shot back.

He thought that would put some sense into her. Grissel didn't budge but just focused on her food.

'Waiter.' She muttered to the guy standing at his position.

She raised her head when he came over.

'Can I have the second plate of food?'

'But Miss, you said w.....'

'Yeah I know what I said, my guest is almost here.' She saw Tom glaring at her and she smiled. 'I would prefer it gets ready and served once he gets to my table.'

'Alright, the same food and accompaniment.'

'That's right.' She confirmed while he wrote on a note.

‘I’ll get going now.’ The waiter announced and headed back.

'And put my bills on his tab.' She pointed to Tom still standing in front of her.

The waiter glanced at Tom waiting for approval but he just frowned.

'Just go and do as I said please.' She told the waiter and he left.

'What was that?' He asked angrily.

'That was you paying for my meals and his.'

'You bought food for a guy and expect me to pay.'

'Is there something wrong with that?'

'Yes everything is wrong with it Grissel.' He didn't want to cause a scene so he grabbed the seat in front of him.

'When was the last time you took me out for a meal?' She asked sternly.

'But we are not together anymore.'

'Okay, enjoy buying for someone else then.'

He searched her eyes for a while and when Grissel took off her gaze he sighed heavily.

'Grissel this is childish.'

'What is childish?' She retorted.

'Everything.'

'You mean having someone over for dinner is childish or paying for his meals.' She stared and didn't get an answer.

'Both are childish besides shouldn't you be eating at home. Women cook at home.'

'What do you call what you came here to do with Ella.'

'You know it's a friendly dinner.'

'Okay mime is a romantic dinner.' She twisted his own words against him with a straight face on.

Tom just relaxed back on the seat and watched her eat as if she hasn't eaten in a while. Then it occurred to him, her appetite comes up when he's around and eating with her.

He picked up the sanitizer and used it on his hands.

Grissel was wondering what he was doing when he dipped his hands in her food.

She drew back and stared while checking to see if others had noticed.

'What are you doing?' She said out quietly.

'What does it look like?' He gave her one of those his flirtatious smiles. 'I'm eating with my wife.'

'I'm not your wife Tom.' He smiled instead of frowning. 'Ohh my illegal wife.'

Grissel though wasn't finding it funny and easy hearing all that kept a straight face on and ignored him while he continued to eat. She followed him there to spite him but his presence was having so much effect on her.

'Are you seeing someone else?' He tried not to sound jealous.

She scoffed. 'Are you jealous?'

'I'm not but I just don't understand you anymore. Usually, ladies treat men this way when they were at fault but in my case I've been supportive even after you hurt me so bad.’ He said painfully. ‘I'm still here hoping our vows and time together wasn't in vain.'

She dropped her cutlery and sat against the chair.

They both stared at each other for close to two minutes without uttering a word. Grissel knew he was right earlier but she also has the responsibility to stay out of his way for some time. Dane is cunning and would do anything to see her unhappy.

'What do you want?' She finally asked.

'Move back home with me.'

'Okay, finish eating and we can talk about it.'

Tom's hand practically fell off his mouth with the food.

'For real?' He asked still surprised.

'Yeah, and you were right earlier.'

'Right?'

'You've done nothing wrong than being supportive and I'm sorry.'

'You are sorry?'

'Of course.'

He grabbed the sanitizer and rubbed his hands.

'Why are you rushing?'

'I'm taking you home right away.'

'I didn't mention I was coming home tonight Tom.'

'Please, don't do this we can go pick up your things and drive back.'

Grissel didn't want to burst his bubble. She smiled after she saw how happy he sounded and the frustration on his face earlier on when he approached her table vanished.

'You smiled.'

'Yes, and can we go already.' She brought out his phone and sent a text message. 'We can pick up my stuff tomorrow morning.'

'You are not kidding right.'

'No, I'm serious.' She whispered and signaled the waiter.

Grissel searched her bag thoroughly for minutes without success.

‘Tom, I ne……’

‘I should pay, I guess.’

She nodded smiling. ‘I don’t have money these days.’

He brought out his wallet and checked the bill card for her receipt. Tom popped up his eyes in surprise.

‘Did you buy the whole restaurant?’ He scratched his head.

Grissel shoved the wallet out of his hands and took out the money while he looked on smiling.

Just then the waiter came over with a face that showed her order wasn't ready.

'I have to leave and by the look on your face I know the food isn't ready so my friend will come pick it up. Just package it nicely.'

She handed him the menu card with her bill.

'Stella paid.' The waiter muttered.

They both looked across their table to check if she was there as they totally forgot about her. 'You know Stella.' Grissel asked to be sure.

'The lady that was on table ten.' he pointed to that direction which appears vacant now. 'She said to tell you not to forget lunch tomorrow.'

'Lunch?' Grissel queried.

'Yes,' the waiter responded and handed her a note.

Tom looked at her reading the note.

'She's coming to your place tomorrow for lunch. Was this your idea?'

'No, I wasn't even sure you were going home with me tonight.'

She scrutinized his face to be sure.

Grissel, took out the money from the menu card and gave him a tip which left him smiling.

'Thank you. He's Austin.’ She smiled.' I mean the one who will pick up the food.'

'Alright Miss.'

'Its Mrs. Young man.' Tom muttered.

'My apologies. I have to go now.' He said quickly glancing at Grissel's hands and finally walked away.

'You took off your ring.' He asked after a few seconds.

'You don't expect me to have my ring on when I was asked to appear in court.'

'You were in court? When?'

'The day I packed out and before you ask I didn't inform you because you would just complicate things for me.'

'I've heard you but don't forget we are in this together Grissel.'

'Thank you, let's get going already.' She announced.

'Though I would love to get the gist about court and what Austin is meeting you here for I would rather not ask.'

She stood up with her bag and shook her head smiling.

'After all these years you are still jealous of Austin.'

'I'm not but the guy is too over protective.'

'You should be glad someone is looking out for me.'

He smiled widely while walking out of the door with her.

'I will drive after your car leaves.'

‘Wait. Were you bluffing last night about sleeping with those girls?’

He laughed. It’s so clear now why you came here this evening.’

‘Did you?’

‘No, I respect our union Grissel.’

‘I love you Tom.’ She gave him a hug and got into her car driving off while Tom followed. His eyes on the road sternly to make sure she wasn't playing pranks on him.

Grissel woke up that morning fulfilled and tiptoed out of the room with picking up her wears alongside.

She had earlier on left a note for him because he's so much aware Tom wouldn't wake up now.

She picked up her bag from the couch and got to the kitchen for a bottle of water.

As she was leaving the house in her car Lisa's call came in.

Grissel after speaking to Lisa for a few minutes got out of her car and went back in. Dropped her bag and left the house smiling while humming holding her steer tightly.

Tom woke up a while after she left.

He sighted the empty glass on his side drawer and noticed there was a note attached.

It then occurred to him Grissel wasn't on the bed with him.

'Next time don't trust every drink offered to you with a mischievous smile after sex but don't worry it was just a little amount of sleeping tablets which will enable me sneak out in peace.' He read out loud and the events of last night flashed his mind.

Tom strolled to the bathroom and for some reason the note didn't bother him at all.

He washed down and went into the kitchen.

'She didn't leave any food too.' But he noticed Grissel's bag from last night was on the kitchen counter.

'She must have forgotten it in a hurry.' His stomach grumbled. 'There's egg and bread.' He thought out loud.

After some few hours she came back with Stella as they dragged a shopping back in.

Tom who was descending from upstairs when he heard the car coming into the compound stood there watching them helpless.

He exchanged greetings with Stella.

'Tom come and help us.'

'I thought you left.'

'Didn’t you see my bag?'

'Yeah, what is that you two are dragging in?'

'There's no food in this house and you are paying for it.'

'I thought food is your responsibility when it's not yet a new month.'

'Last I checked I don't live with you anymore.'

'Then why are you buying food for my house.'

'Uhmmm.' Stella cleared her throat. 'You two do realize this is petty rivalry right.' Stella who was watching them argue it out found her voice. ‘Just help us with the bag.'

He looked at both women and carried the bag to the kitchen while Stella stayed out of their way.

Grissel joined him in the kitchen smiling.

'You are smiling because you know what you did right?'

'Can you please pick up my car for me?' She feigned a smile.

'In your dreams.' he said and walked out on her while she hissed and started her clean up.

Tom found Stella still standing at her spot.

'Sorry, have a seat.'

'Thank you.' She walked to the couch.

'Where did you meet your friend?'

'She called me to pick her up. Her car broke down on the way.'

'She must have called me several times.'

'Yeah she mentioned it.'

'I'm not sure where I dropped my phone last night.'

'I can imagine. You will find it.' She smiled coyly.

'I know what y...'

'Tom did you use all my salt.' Grissel called out from the kitchen.

Both Stella and Tom looked at each other.

'I'm not in the mood for this drama.'

He excused himself and rushed upstairs.

Stella shook her head and went towards the kitchen.

She knew Tom wasn't going to come down anytime soon and whoever Grissel is expecting must be very important because she couldn't stop making noise about it on their way home.

To be continued

ALL EPISODES can be found here - http://youngicee.com/category/blemished-love

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
hmmmm, wetin she dey expect na.
OP tanks a lot for the update ooo.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 28
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved
It turned out Grissel arranged with Melisa to bring Shirley over which Tom was not aware of. When she changed her mind of leaving that afternoon it was because her daughter was visiting.
Tom was furious as he felt left out and Grissel seemed much happier with Shirley around.
‘She’s just a kid.’ He mumbled softly and sat back in his car.
He came home earlier and Grissel hadn’t noticed as she has kept herself locked up in the guest room with Shirley for the past few days that she arrived.
‘Mommy, I want you to come and live with me in daddy’s house.’
‘Sweetheart we talked about this.’
‘Yes, but Uncle Tom doesn’t like me.’
‘Really, why do you say that?’
‘He hardly talks to me and always not around.’
‘I’m sorry but Tom is very busy these days and you know mommy has hurt him a lot.’
‘Okay, just apologize to him so we can leave to daddy’s house.’
Grissel was getting frustrated and just reached out to her. She cuddled her and watched her sleepy eyes closed. She realized her daughter was probably sleep talking but she was also right about Tom distancing himself from them.
Gina walked up to Grissel’s room and found her cuddling Shirley to bed. She peeped and signaled her to come out.
‘Mom, don’t leave.’ Shirley muttered as sleep was almost taking over.
‘Shirley, I will be back.’
She nodded and closed her eyes.
‘Mom, are you okay.’ Grissel asked when she got to Gina’s end.
‘Yes, but Tom isn’t.’
‘Tom?’ Grissel repeated.
‘Yes, I’ve been watching you two lately and it seemed you don’t really care about him anymore.’
‘Don’t say that mom. I’m trying and right now I’m out of ideas.’
‘No, you are being selfish and insensitive.’
Grissel felt embarrassed but that was her mom and anything she says always make sense.
‘I’m sorry. Is he back?’
‘Over five hours ago and you probably didn’t notice because you feel comfortable with whatever primitive ideas you have going through your mind.’
‘I don’t know how to talk to him.’ She revealed coyly.
‘Trust me you do.’
‘I will see him tomorrow.’ She announced and turned her back Gina.
‘Will you get out of here now?’ Tom has laid his life down for you, yet still you treat him like he doesn’t matter to you.’ Gina raised her voice at her.
‘But Shirley i….’
‘I would watch Shirley. Just attend to Tom.’
‘Alright mom.’ She dragged her feet and hesitated for a while before moving away.
‘He’s outside in his car and he hasn’t eaten for quite some days now.’
‘Really?’ Grissel asked obviously surprised.
‘Yes, if you were paying attention to him, you would have known.’
She made an angry face and walked away.
She got there and Tom was trying to catch some sleep. Grissel reached out for the door and quickly sat inside.
‘So I heard, I’ve been mean towards you.’
Tom raised up his head and looked at her for a while. ‘You’ve been awful and I’m not sure where I went wrong.’
‘It’s Shirley.’ She mumbled quietly.
‘Shirley? What about her?’
‘She thinks you don’t like her.
‘Wow, I’m sure you gave her that idea.’
‘Really? I guess you haven’t realized your own problem yet.’
‘My problem?’
‘Yes, you want to be with me yet you haven’t accepted my daughter.’
‘I allowed her stay here with you, isn’t that enough.’
‘No, that is not what I want from you Tom.’
He stared at her and shook his head. ‘What do you want then?’
‘I want you to be part of her life.’
‘But I haven’t done anything contrary to that Grissel.’
‘Yes you did. I didn’t even realize until she mentioned it.’
‘You want me to cuddle her to bed or feed her.’ He asked rather rudely.
‘Really? You are not up for this conversation.’ She was making her way out of the car when he called her back.
‘Grissel, just say the word.’ He held on to her hands.
‘I can’t tell you what to do Tom. Just figure it out.’
‘Alright, I’ll ask Melisa during the day.’
Grissel scoffed. ‘You want to ask Melisa for parenting advice.’
‘Yeah, she bonded with your daughter quickly.’
‘That was because, Lisa is likeable.’
‘And I’m not? Look I have lots of muscle.’ He was showing off his forearm.
‘Shirley doesn’t want to see your muscle Tom.’
‘What does she want then?’
‘To see you around her more often. She feels you haven’t accepted her yet.’
‘I have and you know it, I’m just giving you two enough space to make up for lost time.’
‘But I want you around her.’
‘Sure but tell me about court. I don’t want you keeping me in the dark anymore.’
“Tom, there’s nothing to tell except that I may be going to jail if I don’t find any evidence to back up my case.”
‘You mean not faking his signature.’
‘Yes, and giving Stella up isn’t a solution.’
‘But she did this Grissel.’ He hit his hand on the dashboard angrily.
‘Go easy with the anger Tom. Giving Stella up isn’t an issue but who benefited from the forged signature.’
Tom was deep in thoughts and sighed. ‘It would still look as if you asked her to do that on your behalf so you could get married.’
‘Great, you should be a lawyer Tom.’ She teased.
‘Why are you so calm right now?’
‘Life happened doesn’t mean I should give up on myself.’
‘Who is the Judge on that case? Can’t we just bribe him?’
‘Judge Sculley. And please no bribes.’
‘Wait, Stanley Sculley.’
‘Yes, you know him?’
‘Not really.’ He smiled sheepishly.
‘Tom, don’t do anything stupid. It would just come back to hit us.’
‘Us?’
‘Yes, we are in this together right?’
‘Of course we are.’ He grinned once more.
‘And I know you have feelings for Stella.’
‘Let’s not go there this evening.’
‘Incase I don’t make it, I w…..’
‘Are you high on something right now? Why would you even ask me to be with her?’ He muttered angrily.
Grissel laughed so hard. ‘Tom I meant I wouldn’t want you to be with her.’
‘Aaahh okay,’ He scratched his head.
‘I have to go in now before the Queen starts looking for me. Are you coming?’
‘I would be there soon. I want to make a few calls.’
‘Sure,’ she rushed out before Tom could steal a Kiss.
Tom located his phone on the back seat and dialed Julia’s number.
‘Aunty do you know if Morris is still friends with Sculley?’
‘Good evening to you too Tom.’ Julia answered.
‘Forgive my manners. I know you are fine.’
‘Mr. know it all, I heard Shirley is around.”
‘You heard right.’ Tom quietly said.
And how are things going.’ Julia asked.
‘It turned out I need parenting skills.’ He scratched his head. ‘Can you help?’
“Tom there’s nothing like parenting lessons. You learn yourself as time goes on.”
‘But this is not my daughter.’ He replied naively.
‘Grow up son, if I had said that thirty years ago would you have called me now for parenting advice?’
‘I know all that but they look so happy together that I get jealous sometimes.’
‘Tom, suck it up and do your best.’ Julia encouraged.
“Alright, what about Sculley.”
‘Call your dad.” Julia quickly said and hanged up before Tom could say another word.
He hissed and shrugged for some minutes before dialing his dad’s number.
‘Are you still friends with Sculley?’ He asked immediately Morris answered.
Morris looked at the caller ID and smiled. ‘Yeah, why?’
‘I need help with Grissel’s case.’
‘Lisa told me about your wife. I’m sorry.’
‘I need help not sorry.’
‘Okay, and I’m assuming that kind of help involves money.’
‘If it comes to it, why not?’ Tom replied his dad.
‘Sculley won’t take a bribe. I know him that much.’
‘Dad, I’m desperate here.’
‘Dad?’ Morris repeated.
‘Can you talk to him for me?’ Tom pleaded with his sad tone ignoring his excitement.
Morris smiled when he heard Tom call him dad. ‘I would try my best but this may come with a price that you wouldn’t like.’
‘I would do anything at this point.’ Tom quickly responded.
‘Well Sculley always wanted Lisa to marry his son.’
‘Is that all?’ He asked happily.
‘Yes but Lisa doesn’t even want to hear his name on my lips.’
‘Leave that to me, I would arrange for Lisa to meet up with the guy.’
Morris paused for a while. ‘I’m glad you reached out to me son.’
‘I didn’t do it for you but tell me, is Sculley’s son a responsible man.’
‘Yeah, Stanley Jnr is better than his dad.’ Morris clarified.
‘Okay thank you.’ Tom hurriedly hanged up in order to call Lisa.
‘Lisa you have to marry Stanley for my sake.’ Tom said instantly. It seemed like that evening he wasn’t in the mood to greet any one.
‘Tom, is that you?’
‘Yes, this is your only brother. Did you delete my number or you went blind?’
‘No, I mean you actually called me to marry some guy.’
‘Stanley, your dad said you know him.’ He said in a hurry.
‘No, I’ve never met him.’
‘I can arrange for you to meet him. Please do this for me.’ Tom was talking hurriedly.
‘Tom, are you okay?’ Did dad put you up to this?
‘I’m fine and no he didn’t. Lisa I would lose Grissel if you don’t marry this guy.’
‘Is this about that judge Aunty asked me about a while ago?’
‘Yes, please help me. You know you owe right?’ He pleaded.
She sighed. ‘But how do you expect me to marry someone I have no connection with?’
‘I don’t know Lisa. You are good with these sort of things.’ He mumbled with a sad tone. Maybe you can pretend to like him.’
‘This is different, if you say a one night stand maybe I might consider.’
‘But you were willing to throw your family away for your sister-in laws ex-husband. Why can’t you do this for me?’
‘Dane and I are on a break.’ She informed him.
‘It means you two are no more besides i told you I don’t want him for you Lisa.’ He hissed. ‘Just go along with Stanley until all this is over.’ He pleaded again.
Melisa felt he was hurting and really needed help and besides she wasn’t so sure she would end up with Dane at the end of all this. At the same time she was scared of being alone.
She swallowed so hard. ‘Okay Tom but before you start jubilating I hope Grissel is in support of this.’
‘Emmmm, yes.’ He lied.
‘Alright, call dad and set up the meeting. I’m free tomorrow.’
‘Thank you my love.’
‘Really, your love.’ Melisa laughed.
‘Yes, okay I have to go now. I love you.’ He quickly hanged up and rushed inside with a smile on his face just to meet Grissel waiting for him in his room.
‘Sorry, I had a few calls to make. I would take her out tomorrow.’
‘That’s fine but you are smiling.’
‘Yes, probably because my wife is in my room after several weeks of staying off.’
‘Do you want me to leave?’ She asked as she wasn’t so sure spending the night with him was the best.
‘No, your timing is perfect.’ He rushed to hug her still excited

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
Lisa and Tom were at the restaurant waiting for Stanley to arrive with his Dad and Morris. It took them hours before they got there by then Melisa had gone to use the washroom.
She came back and saw a familiar face sitting with her Dad and Tom.
‘Bryan, what are you doing here?’ She asked surprised grabbing a seat.
‘You two know each other?’ Bryan’s dad asked while the others looked on.
‘Yes, but I don’t know what he’s doing here.’ Melisa said not so sure of herself.
‘That’s Stanley, I told you about him several times.’ Morris chipped in.
‘Stanley huh.’ Melisa said and rolled her eyes. She felt lied to.
‘I can explain Lisa.’ Bryan finally found her voice.
Tom kept watching the two of them for a while and smiled sheepishly. ‘Was he one of your clients?’
‘What clients?’
He laughed and his dad smiled. ‘You know what I mean.’ He raised his eyebrows.
Melisa got his message. ‘No, I didn’t sleep with him.’ She said before realizing she was too loud.
‘Morris can we leave this two to work out their differences. And Tom, we have a deal.’ He shook hands with Tom and stood up.
Tom stood up and walked over to Melisa who had her finger in her mouth like an eight year old.
‘He’s a fine guy, just do what you do best.’
She smiled while her dad looked on. ‘Get a life Tom.’ She smacked him.
‘Would you be okay here?’ Morris asked.
‘Yes but make sure Tom gets what he wants.’ Melisa cautioned and Morris nodded.
‘I love you sis.’ Tom said and shook Bryan by the shoulder who was just staring at her all that while.
Melisa has never seen Tom so happy with any of her decisions so helping him out by marrying Bryan and seeing him so excited made her heart rejoice.
They left and Bryan hasn’t stopped staring.
‘So how do we go about this because I don’t really want to marry you?’ She asked after a few seconds of silence.
‘Me neither.’ He finally found his voice.
‘Really?’ She asked as if she was expecting a different answer.
‘Yes, I mean I do like you but I can’t take advantage of you like Henry does.
Melisa’s heart skipped. She stared at him while Bryan’s hands moved to cover his mouth like a kid.
Melisa knew he obviously made a mistake when he mentioned his name.
‘You know Henry?’ She asked with a serious tone.
‘Emmmm, yes. He’s a friend.’
‘But I’ve never seen you around him, anyway can we agree on something quickly so I can go.’ Melisa was not comfortable.
‘Melisa, I like you and want to help you with your brother’s issue but I also need to come clean.’
‘Bryan, I don’t really have time for parables.’
‘I sabotaged your car several times on Henry’s request.’ He didn’t waste any more minutes on that.
Melisa relaxed back on the seat and her head was spinning. ‘What are you talking about?’
‘You know your car always seemed not to work every time you get drunk with him.’
‘Yes, I remember. I end up at his place.’
‘Emm you don’t end up there alone.’ He swallowed hard and buried his face in his palms.
‘What? Bryan, stop scaring me and talk clearly.’
‘I don’t know why I did all that for him but Henry and the rest of his friend’s call me a weakling. I had to change my name to Bryan to fit in because they claimed Stanley sounds like a college boy’s name.’ He narrated.
‘So what does that have to do with me?’
‘What I meant was, I sabotaged your car so Henry and his friends could sleep with you.’
Melisa was quivering and her eyes were red. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.
Her face was on the table for a whole five minutes before she spoke. ‘How many guys?’
‘Five, sometimes four but it mostly depends on how drunk you were and the dosage of the sleeping tablet.’
She looked at him in a disgusting manner and hit her fist on the table. ‘Did you sleep with me too?’
‘No, I would never do that to you. I admired you a lot, Henry knew that so he kept me as his errands boy.’
‘So meeting you was not a coincidence.’ She asked holding her tears back.
‘It was but I knew our parents intention before I met you with Henry the first night he asked me to temper with your brakes.’
‘You two are sick. I can’t believe you came here expecting me to marry you when you have actually wronged me.’
‘I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you the last time I called but you said you would call back but never did.’
‘You disgust me right now.’ She stood up rudely.
‘Lisa, wait.’
‘Wait for what? The deal is off and you dare not tell your dad that because I would make sure you pay for your crimes.’
‘I have no intentions of doing that. Your brother can have whatever favor he needs from Sculley.’
‘Good, I will leave now but make sure you delete my number.’
‘Okay.’ He responded stupidly.
Melisa laughed in her head and picked up her car keys.
She got to her car and called Paige. After narrating everything to her, she hanged up and called Dane who was very furious Henry was that cruel.
‘Dane, there’s something else.’
‘Are you okay?’
‘No, you need to check your status for any STI’s.
‘What are you talking about?’
‘Just do it and stop asking question.’ She sobbed.
‘Wait, I sle..pt w..ith you onl..y on..ce.’ He stuttered.
‘You think I don’t know that.’ She said and hanged up.
Melisa turned off her phone and wiped her tears. She drove off and packed at the Seattle Hospital car park. It took her a while to get out of the car.
The nurse in the reception took her through the lab process on her request and gave her a card to wait for her results.
‘Doctor Addison.’ She heard a voice calling her from behind.
When she turned around it was a cute slim lady doctor. Melisa walked closer as she wasn’t sure who she is.
The lady walked closer and kept smiling. ‘Hello, it’s an honor to meet you.’ She reached out for a hug which confused Melisa because she was so sure she doesn’t know the lady from anywhere.
‘I’m sorry but I think you got me confused with someone else. I’m Melisa.’ She reached out for a handshake.
‘Yes, Doctor Lisa.’ We know you around here and have been expecting you.’
‘Wait, you know I have STI’s?’ She asked still confused. Probably Bryan’s story was making her delusional.
‘STI’s?’ The doctor asked confused as she only came to her because she knew who Melisa was.
‘Yes, I came here to check my status and have been waiting for my result.’
‘Oh that’s what you meant.’ The lady grinned as she understood her fears.
‘Yes, do you have my results?’ She asked worriedly.
‘No, I don’t but come with me to my office so we can talk about it.’
She looked around and realized she was still in the hospital. Melisa followed the Doctor to her office. She put a call through to the lab for her tests to be brought to her office.
‘When is the result coming?’ Melisa asked after a few minutes of silence as the doctor seemed to be looking for some files.
‘Relax Lisa.’ She said and smiled while she continued looking for the files.
‘Okay, obviously you know who I am but i…….’
‘I’m Michelle.’
‘Michelle?’ Melisa repeated.
‘We haven’t met yet but I know you far back from Seattle news.’
Melisa relaxed back on the seat. ‘Oh the 3D printing miracle.’ Melisa remembered she was once all over the news for the lady’s Kidney she saved by using a 3D technology.
‘Yep, you handled that case pretty well and you were all over the news.’
‘I just did my job.’ She found herself calming down.
A job you were good at. Why did you quit?’ Doctor Michele asked.
She stared at the Doctor and a smile suddenly appeared on her cheeks.
‘Emmm, I don’t really know.’
‘Great, we needed extra hands and your brother just knew the right person for the job.’
‘You know Tom?’ She asked quickly.
‘He knows my brother Clive.’
‘Oh I get it now, he asked you to get me a job here.’
‘Is that a bad thing?’ Michelle asked.
‘Not really, but right now I came to ch……’
‘Check your status. Is there an outbreak somewhere?’ Michelle concluded for her and further asked.
‘No, I made some bad choices and I think it’s just about to blow in my face.’
Michelle looked at her and called the lab again. She listened for a while and sighed. ‘Will be waiting for you in my office.’
‘Is that about my test?’
‘Yes the technician is on his way. Just breathe in.’
They were still talking about work and life in general when the Lab technician came in with the results. Michelle quickly opened it and glanced through.
‘Am I clean?’ She asked slowly.
‘Of course Lisa, you just need more fluid.’ She handed Melisa the result.
She sighed and smiled broadly. ‘Thank you so much and about that job offer, I could start month.’
‘Great, I would have the probation paper work done and we have good start up classes.’
‘Thanks once again.’
‘I’m happy to help and ooh your brother wanted me to tell you congratulations and obviously this was his wedding gift to you.’
Melisa suddenly laughed hilariously. ‘Tom is just being funny. I’m not planning any marriage but I would accept his congratulations.’
They had a few more chats before she left the hospital. She was so happy to have accepted that offer.
‘Why did I even quit in the first place?’ She was still talking to herself while she walked inside the room when Julia rushed to her hugging her and doing her normal body check.
‘Aunty, what’s going on?’
‘Your brother said you tested positive for HIV.’ Julia mentioned still checking her out as if HIV was written on her body.
‘Tom, told you that?’
‘Yes, he said Dane called Grissel and he called Paige too.’
‘Dane. Grissel.’ She now understood how Tom knew she was going to that hospital and called Michelle to look out for her.
‘Yes, I’ve been worried.’
‘I’m sorry, it’s negative Aunty.’ She walked away from her towards the couch. Julia followed a little bit relaxed.
‘So you are fine Lisa?’
‘Of course and by the way I may just go back to being a Doctor soon.’
‘Really?’ She shouted excitedly.
Her phone rang at that moment and she picked up.
‘Don’t do that to me again? Why did you go off in the middle of our conversation?’ Dane complained angrily.
‘Relax, I just needed some time to myself an…….’ She answered.
He cut her off. ‘I love you Lisa and its okay because we have effective drugs these days.’
Melisa kept quiet and smiled. ‘Emmmm, I’……’
‘Are you crying right now? I can be on the next plane to Seattle.’
‘D, I’m negative.’ She muttered quietly.
He paused for a while. ‘Good news but I miss you.’
‘I don’t want you here right now.’ Melisa bluntly told him.
‘Are you sure?’
‘Yeah, your presence would just distract me as I took on a job at the Seattle hospital.’
‘You did? Congratulations.’
‘Thanks and I heard you called Grissel so I’m guessing our small issue is sorted out.’
‘No and have a good day.’ He quickly hanged up before Melisa could tease him.

Episode 29 is here- http://youngicee.com/2018/06/blemished-love-episode-29.html

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
tanks a lot for the update oooo. like as e dey go. God bless ya hand.

oya more
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by izaray(f): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thanks for updating, more ink to ur pen
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE EPISODE 29
© Loudest Thoughts
All Rights Reserved

‘Tommy, is that you?’

He heard a voice behind him and paused what he was searching for. Tom recognized the voice and decided to ignore. He proceeded in his search when Dani called out to him.

‘Uncle Tom, Is your name Tommy?’ Dani asked grinning naively.

‘Huh, No but some friends prefer calling me by that name.’

‘Oh I see.’ She sighed. ‘I think one of them is standing right behind you.’ Dani laughed cheekily while Tom turned in a flash.

‘Hey, what are you doing here?’ He asked feigning a smile.

‘Tommy this is a shopping mall and everyone comes here.’ Amy his ex-girlfriend said.

‘Oh yeah. How are you?’ He put on a straight face.

‘As you can see I didn’t die when you left me crying for help.’

‘Jeez Amy.’ He raised his voice and gestured at her to keep in mind Dani was still around.

‘You still have anger issues?’ She asked.

‘Uncle Tom? You haven’t introduced your friend yet.’ Shirley interrupted.

Tom looked at her and sheepishly grinned. ‘Emmm, Amy is an old friend.’

‘Alright, I would go and get some toys now.’ Dani said and rushed off.

Amy watched Dani while she rushed off. She smiled and turned to Tom with her arms across her chest.

‘I guess that must be your illegitimate daughter, she’s so cute.’

‘What do you want Amy?’

‘Come on Tommy, are we still fighting because I had already forgiven you.’

He glanced at her and sighed. ‘You have?’

‘Of course, I was wrong to have slept with you in that state.’

‘Okay, I’m sorry too.’ He found himself apologizing.

Amy suddenly laughed. ‘Oh wow. A new Tommy.’

‘I can take my apology back if you don’t want it.’ He frowned.

‘It’s too late for that when your wife already did that a few weeks to your nuptials.’

‘Grissel?’ He asked surprised because she never mentioned it to him

‘Yes, and I’m guessing with the look on your face she didn’t tell you.’

‘No but she shouldn’t have. It was my mess to clean up.’

‘Wow. Tommy, you’ve changed. I guess Grissel does have a lot of effect on you.’

‘Yes, she’s a good person.’

‘Hmmm and I wasn’t?’ Amy retorted.

Tom looked at her for a few seconds. ‘I didn’t mean it that way. We did had our moments but I just wasn’t into you that much.’ He said truthfully.

‘Now there he comes with the honest answer.’ She said smiling which made Tom confused.

‘You smiled Amy.’

‘Yes because I’m happy we talked Tom.’

‘Sorry once again.’ Tom replied. He was never the forgiving type and Amy knew that.

‘Oh that, forget it. I’m back with Bobby now.’

‘That’s great, I knew that guy was a keeper.’ He scratched his face when he remembered how he took Amy from him and Bobby wasn’t able to say a word.

‘But you still snatched me from him to begin with.’

He laughed. ‘He wasn’t that smart and I’m happy he still found his way back to you.’

‘I know right.’ Amy responded scrutinizing his face.

‘Why are you staring at my face?’ Tom asked when he noticed.

‘You are not happy Tommy.’ She announced.

‘Emmm what makes you think that.’ Tom feigned a smile.

‘The look on your face right now says it all.’

‘I’m happy Amy, just a few marital problems.’

‘Yeah, Clive told me about that.’

‘You still talk to Clive?’

‘Of course I do, but you know when you were not happy with me you let go easily so what’s stopping you from letting go now.’

‘Amy you are not Grissel.’ He told her honestly.

‘I know that but you can’t stay in a marriage where you stay out all night and get home feigning happiness.’

‘Clive told you I stay out these days.’

‘Tommy, he was looking out for you as a brother.’

He went mute for a minute while Amy looked on. ‘Don’t get me wrong, I love my wife despite our problems but I’m just ……’ he paused. ‘forget it.’

‘Admit you are not happy Tommy.’ She cut her off.

‘I am happy sometimes but then tired of the forth and back.’

‘And I’m guessing you haven’t told her yet.’

‘I can’t do that, she would leave me if I do.’

‘I understand, you don’t want to lose her but trust me you already have especially when her ex seems to be serious about this whole bigamy case.’

‘I know that but Grissel has been through so much and I love her.’

Amy sighed heavily. ‘I don’t know what kind of love you have for this woman but it’s time you sit her down and have the talk.’

‘I’m not leaving my wife if that is what you are suggesting.’

‘And I’m not asking you to, just let her know you are not happy.’

‘Okay, thanks for the advice but how is every…’

‘Uncle Tom, can we go now. I’m very hungry.’ Dani clutched on to his left arm.

He gestured to Amy and she smiled.

‘Alright, did you get everything?’ Tom asked.

‘Yes, a lot of toys.’ She squirmed. ‘Aunty sorry, we have to leave you here.’

Amy laughed. ‘That’s okay, I’m late for my appointment as well.’

Tom looked up at her. ‘Thanks Amy, see you another time.’

‘Sure.’ She waved them and left while Tom carried Dani towards where she left the shopping basket.

‘Shirley, emmmm can you not tell mommy you met my friend.’ He said scratching his head.

‘Why uncle? She’s your friend so mommy has to know.’

‘Yes but it will make mommy angry.’

‘Ohh, then she’s a bad friend.’ She hit her forehead lightly. ‘Okay but on one condition.’

‘I’m listening.’ Tom smiled.

‘You take me on a date. Mommy said there’s an ice cream shop close by.’

‘Is that all?’

‘Yes and maybe we can do that every weekend when I finally come to live with mommy.’

‘Emmm, okay.’ He replied and reached out for the basket while Dani poked his cheeks smiling.

They paid and left to the house. When they got home Grissel was in the hall going through some files for her case tomorrow.

‘Mommy, we brought a lot of toys.’ She rushed off leaving Tom at the door with the shopping bags and jumped on her mom.

‘Easy, what did you get for me?’

‘Nothing but we met Uncle’s friend.’ Dani quickly blurted out.

‘Shirley?’ Tom called out at the door to remind her of their deal.

‘Yes, I know you promised me a date but you forgot to say it’s a deal so I have no choice than to tell mommy.’

Grissel seemed confused and Tom gave her a weird grin while dropping the bags in a corner few inches from the door.

‘Princess, I left an ice-cream in the fridge. Can you grab it and go upstairs.’ Grissel said when she noticed that was what Tom meant with his weird grin. He wanted them to be alone and her heart skipped.

Shirley rushed off with speed while Tom walked over to where Grissel was. She came back within a second.

‘We still have a date right?’

‘Jeez Shirley.’ Her mom called out on top of her voice.

‘Jeez Mom, calm down.’ She grinned.

‘Wow, did my eight year old just replied me back that way.’

‘Grissel, let her talk.’ Tom said.

‘But she……’

‘Uncle Tom, answer fast before mom explodes.’ She grinned hiding her face in her palm.

Grissel gave her a cold stare.

Tom shook his head smiling because he knew what she wants to hear. ‘We have a deal champ.’

‘Great. Tomorrow six in the evening, I will be waiting on this couch.’ She sneakily said and turned to Grissel. ‘Mom, is that okay with you.’

Grissel glanced at her and waved her hands. Tom gestured her to be nice. ‘Fine, you two should better bring me some ice cream.’

‘Yaay,’ she suddenly rushed off from where she was standing and gave her mom an unexpected hug. ‘You have to dress me up nicely. She pecked her and rushed off to the kitchen.

Tom who was already closer to Grissel smiled while Grissel shook her head. He packed the files from the couch and sat down.

‘We have a strong one on our hands.’ He muttered.

‘I know right and I don’t know what to do with her utterances. I just feel like she’s no kid anymore.’

Tom scratched his face. ‘Grissel, your mom told me you were exactly this way when you were a kid.’

She smacked him. ‘I can’t believe you went talking to my mom.’

‘I just needed some childhood stories to tease you with.’ He teased.

‘I know she took after me but I should get it under control when there’s still time.’

‘Don’t worry, Shirley just need a sit down and a talk and I would do that with you when all this is over.’

‘Thank you Love.’ Grissel replied with a grin appearing on her cheeks.

There was silence for a while as they both continued to stare at each other.

‘I know you are busy working towards tomorrow but we need to talk?’

‘Okay, I hope Shirley didn’t offend anyone out there.’

‘Oh no, she was a champ.’

‘Great then what is it.’

‘You know I love you right and I appreciate you coming back to me but Love I’m kind of not happy.’ Tom said watching her closely.

‘But we spoke the other day and you had no issues being with me Tom. Don’t do this to me especially when Shirley is finally getting along with you.’

‘I’m sorry but I just thought of being honest, but sorry if I hurt you right now.’

‘You didn’t hurt me as much as I have for the past few months of marriage but I’m ready to make this work now.’

Grissel dropped the remaining file on her laps on the table beside her.

Tom knew he had to say something before she breaks down. ‘Hey, I chose this path and I knew at a point we would come down this road.’

She sneezed all of a sudden. ‘Sorry. But Tom do you really want to be with me after all this burden.’

Tom was probably not paying attention because he hesitated for some seconds. Grissel nudged him with her elbow.

‘Grissel, I want to be with you and my unhappiness is temporarily though I’m trying my best.’

She suddenly started crying after another sneeze. ‘I’m sorry my problems overwhelmed you and I’ve been demanding lately b….’

‘Shhhh, it’s okay. I can handle it.’ He tried to smile but his face was sad. ‘You don’t need to stress yourself.’ He reached out to wipe her face with his hands.

‘Tom, the fact that you brought it up means you are really taking in a lot.’

‘Grissel, I’m sorry buy it’s just a phase and I’m sure after court tomorrow we would take our vows again and start afresh.’

‘And for now what should we do because after court it may take a while before final verdicts are documented.’

‘I know but I love you so, I would wait for you Love.’

Grissel sensed in his voice he was really worried and not happy. She rushed into his arms for a cuddle.

‘I’m really sorry and I love you Tom but this isn’t marriage.’

‘Don’t say that.’ He brought her out of his arms and zoomed on her lips. She didn’t resist unlike earlier in the morning. They were still so much engrossed in their moments when Dani came back with her ice cream.

‘I need more of this ice-cream, Uncle Tom.’ She was scooping the ice cream into her mouth while walking closer. Tom and Grissel hurriedly disengaged.

‘Shirley, I told you to go upstairs.’ Grissel said without looking back at her direction as she was facing the other end of the hall.

The room was quiet after that and she knew Shirley had left.

‘By the way, thank you for apologizing on my behalf to Amy.’ Tom announced.

‘Ohh she was the friend you two met at the mall.’

‘Yeah. I told her not to say anything because I wanted to tell you myself.’

‘That’s alright, I don’t know why you made a deal with sneaky Shirley. She’s the master of these kind of games.’ She laughed, wiping the tear marks on her face with the back of her hands.

‘I know that now.’

‘Can you help with spaghetti for dinner, I want to visit my mom.’ She asked politely when the tension was over.

‘Sure, I would try not to make it salty.’

They both laughed and stood up from the couch towards where Dani vanished to earlier.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2018

‘Grissel?’ Julia mentioned at the door when the bell rang.

‘Sorry for coming in unannounced.’

‘This is your home and besides your mom lives here now.’

Julia led her to the kitchen as she was cooking when she heard the doorbell.

‘Hope everything is fine and you are prepared for tomorrow’s court.’

She nodded and feigned a smile. ‘We are okay and hoping for the best.’

‘I’ve been praying for you two.’ She smooched her shoulder. ‘Your mom is resting. Do you want to talk to her?’

‘No, I came to see you.’ Grissel muttered uncomfortably.

Julia’s happy face suddenly went pale. ‘What do you need my dear?’

‘How did you do it?’ She mumbled. ‘Choosing between Joe and your sister’s kids.’

Julia drew back as the question hit her hard. ‘Joe?’ She questioned with her eyebrows as she hasn’t told her and Tom about him.

‘Yes, Lisa told us about him besides Tom met him over dinner last two days.’

‘Tom did what? Two days ago? Why?’

‘I have no idea, he only told me after he came back drunk and forgot the groceries i asked him to buy.’

Julia smiled uncomfortably. ‘Give me a minute.’ She picked up her phone from the kitchen drawer and dialed his number.

‘Come to my house now.’ She said immediately he picked up.

‘Juju, I’m with Morris. Can I drop by later?’

‘Do I look like someone who has that patience now?’

“You are obviously in a bad mood right now but Morris and I need to see the judge before tomorrow.”

‘I don’t care just get down here as soon as you can.’ She hanged up and Grissel was staring.

‘He cancelled on me just to get drunk with Tom.’

Grissel found it amusing and laughed. “You still love him that much after all these long years.”

‘Love has a way of finding it’s way back when we least expect it and it doesn’t chose who it wants.’

‘I know that but I don’t know which of us would be willing to wait for that long.’

Julia sighed gently. “You mean Tom might not wait for you.’

Grissel nodded quickly. ‘Were those two worth it?’

‘Of course, if I had chosen Joe over my children I wouldn’t be this happy now because we probably might not end up together at the end.’ She drew her closer to the seats by the back door. ‘But after thirty years he was still waiting and hoping.’

‘You made the right choice aunty.’

‘Yeah, family first. Love will always find us when it’s done with the tests.’

‘I’m not even sure if ours is even love anymore.’

‘Why do you say that my dear?’ Julia asked concerned.

‘Tom just told me this afternoon, he hasn’t been happy since all these started.’

‘That’s expected but you should be talking to your mom Grissel.’

‘Mom won’t give me answers, she would make me think a lot and right now my brain seems like part of it had been ripped off.’

‘Are you okay?’ Julia felt her forehead. ‘You are warm.’

‘Yeah, I think I’m just nervous and mom already told me she didn’t come to give me answers but rather watch me grow up out of the mess I caused.’

‘Your mom may be right.’

‘She has always been old school. Everything I know, she made me learn using my brain.’

‘She’s wonderful. Lisa love her stories.’

‘I hope none were about me.’ She laughed and then went silent.

‘She seemed proud of how you made it through all these by yourself.’

‘Aunty, I love Tom and I don’t want to hurt him again.’ Grissel suddenly changed the topic.

Julia examined her face for some minutes. ‘Grissel why don’t you ask the question you really came here to ask because I’m sure you are not here to talk about Love.’

‘I have to choose between Tom, Shirley and her Dad but I’m so lost as they all somehow fit into my life.’

‘I can’t make that choice for you and your situation now wasn’t the same as mine years back.’

‘I know but they are quite the same.’

‘How?’ Julia asked naively.

‘If I chose just Shirley, I’ll lose Tom and if I choose Tom, I’ll lose Shirley or both but I can’t choose just Shirley and have her unless I choose both father and daughter.’ She complained painfully.

‘And you can’t be with your daughter and not be with his Dad which would mean destroying Tom and then Melisa’s new relationship.’

‘Lisa said she’s okay with whatever decision I make but Tom is my headache.’

‘He’s also your medicine unless you want to tell me you still love Dane.’

‘No, I don’t but I want to be with my daughter. I have pushed her away for eight years and now that she’s back I don’t want to ever disappoint her again.’

‘I know that feeling. When I held Tom that evening my sister passed away, I knew my love for Joe wouldn’t make it to the next day.’

‘Joe is matured but for Tom,’ she scoffed. ‘No offense Aunty but he’s still in his fantasy world learning how to be himself. Leaving him now would turn his life upside down.’

‘You mean the part where he’s a control freak?’

‘Tom can’t live without me. It would break him.’

‘And you can’t leave without Shirley.’

‘I could hang in there for a while but she asked me why I can’t be with her dad. I still haven’t found answers yet.’

‘Why do I feel you probably want to punish yourself for the mistake you and her dad made?’

‘Reed doesn’t see it that way aunty. To him I would always be the woman who killed his son.’

‘That’s not true. I spoke to him with your mom and it almost seemed like he blamed himself more than you ever did.’

‘Really? You two must have met a different Reed.’ Grissel shifted uncomfortably.

‘Julia is right Grissel.’ Gina appeared behind them.

‘Hey mom. I heard you were asleep.’

‘Yeah, I heard your voice in my dreams.’

Julia laughed and Grissel smiled.

‘As I told you the day I arrived here, this is your mess and cleaning it up yourself is how you grow up.’

‘Mom, are you still angry up till now?’

‘No, I raised you better than the choices you made. You brought this man into your life so get rid of him yourself.’

‘I’m trying and nothing seems to be working.’ Grissel complained watching her mom walking closer.

Gina has always been the type that would rather make you learn the hard way than give you the answers you need.

‘Because you are doing it wrong.’

‘Then teach her how to do it right.’ Julia chipped in after watching Grissel struggle with her mom.

She run into her arms nearly pulling Gina off her seats. Though Grissel was daddy’s girl she was still her mom’s heartbeat.

Gina walked closer. Took the vacant seat beside them. ‘You don’t kill a snake and throw it away without properly burying it Grissel.’

‘Mom,’ she raised her head up from her arms. ‘Which snake?’

‘Silly girl.’ She smacked her back. ‘Snakes are cunning and you only cut off it’s head completely when you learn it’s way of inflicting pain or harm.

‘I remember that story Dad used to tell me anytime you refuse me a gift after you had promised.’

‘Great memory. How did you make me learn my lesson?’

‘I learned your way of screwing you over first before you noticed.’ She smiled and raised up her head. ‘Mom thank you so much.’

Grissel left her arms and rushed into Julia’s.

‘Easy, I’m still an old woman.’

‘Thank you aunty. You two are amazing. I have to go home now.’

‘So soon? Wait for dinner.’

‘I left Tom to make Shirley’s dinner. I better go back before they mess up the kitchen.’ A tear appeared in her eyes but she pushed it back and rushed out.

‘That’s a disaster waiting to happen.’ Julia teased.

‘I know right.’ Grissel replied and walked away to the door.

‘Easy with the speed Grissel.’ Her mom said.

‘I will moms.’ She laughed after her reply and went out.

She pulled out across the street to the shop she normally buy her ice-cream and put a call through to Dane and hanged up after telling him they have a deal.

Grissel got home and the dinner table was set. She felt like a queen in her own house but her thoughts were many. She tried to hide her tears but they eventually fell.

‘Love, what is the problem?’

‘Yes mommy, why are you crying?’ Dani chipped in.

She wiped her tears with her hands. ‘Nothing, it’s just that I feel so special right now.’

‘It would be over soon Grissel.’ Tom cuddled her and they began to eat.

Dani smiled cheekily. ‘Uncle Tom, I think you should allow mommy to be with daddy for my sake.’

Tom and Grissel froze, just then a knock came on their gate.

He came out of his trance. ‘I’ll get the gate, just hold that thought.’

Dani nodded and Grissel smiled cheekily again.

Tom went out of the door and opened the gate just for Dane to smile at him.

‘What are you doing here?’ Tom asked.

‘I came to see my wife, you do know she’s not yours right?’ Dane teased with a mischievous smile.

‘Get out.’ He scowled closing the gate on his face but Dane blocked the gate with his body.

Grissel came out at that moment and walked closer. She tapped him and he got the message.

Tom walked away back inside. Dane kept staring at her a whole minute.

‘What are you doing here Reed?’

‘Reed? Well, I brought you this.’ He handed her the envelope.

One look at the envelope doesn’t need her to open it.

‘I told you we would do this tomorrow morning. Why did you come all the way here?’

‘You called me Grissel and I couldn’t wait to rub it in your face.’

‘You are sick Reed. Just go already.’

‘You have to sign that now.’ He ordered.

‘What’s the point when I’m meeting you tomorrow?’

‘I know that but if you really want to do this then you have to show some commitment.’

Grissel glanced at him and took the sheets out of the envelope. Dane quickly handed her a pen.

She flipped the pages and signed without another word. Dane kept looking at her until she finished and handed the envelope back to him.

‘You can go now. I would finalize it with the judge tomorrow.’ She turned her back on him.

‘I’m taking my daughter with me this evening.’

Grissel stopped and turned around. ‘What is your problem with me because I never really asked?’

‘I said I’m going with my daughter.’ He repeated and ignored her question.

Grissel walked away sadly. When she got in Tom and Dani were still eating.

‘I heard daddy is here.’

‘Yes and you have to go with him. I would see you tomorrow.’ She said weakly.

‘But I have a date with Uncle Tom tomorrow.’ She said quickly.

Grissel glanced at him with a gesture to help her out.

He smiled weirdly. ‘It’s okay Shirley, we can go another time.’

‘It’s settled then, let me get your stuff.’ Grissel responded and went upstairs to pick up her things.

The whole house was quiet after Dani left. Tom didn’t want to think about Dane’s presence in his house so he went to bed early while Grissel stayed off for a while before joining him in bed.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 30

© Loudest Thoughts

All Rights Reserved

Tom was ready for work and Grissel was asleep on the couch. He was surprised because they had spent the night together so he wasn’t aware when she sneaked out. When he woke up and didn’t see him on the bed he thought she was in the kitchen.

Tom shook his head walked over to her on the couch came and tapped her.

‘My head is spinning.’ She complained while rubbing her face.

‘I’m off to work but will see you later.’ He said.

Grissel gasped as she didn’t intend to sleep that much. ‘Sorry, can I get you at least coffee.’

‘No, don’t worry. I would pick you up for court.’

‘Emmm, do you mind if I go alone besides I have some stuff to sort out before they call my case.

‘Are you sure?’

‘Absolutely, I would go with a cab.’ She muttered.

‘Okay, at least you are not going to drive yourself.’

She nodded and suddenly went into his arms. Grissel held on to the hug for about three minutes and pulled out.

‘I feel better now. See you soon.’ She mentioned sadly.

Tom sensed worry in her voice but brushed it aside. He gave her a kiss and walked out of the door.

Grissel rushed upstairs to get ready for the day ignoring every call that came through while she dressed up.

Grissel got to the court and met Dane already waiting for him with Shirley. She went inside with him ignoring Julia and her mom.

Melisa excused herself to use the washroom and Tom was yet to come over with Stella.

After about thirty minutes, she came out sad and Andre walking in front of her.

Gina knew her daughter must have made the hard choice so she tapped Julia who got the message as well.

Melisa came at that moment and Grissel rushed into her arms. ‘Hey, don’t tell me you are going to jail.’

‘Lisa?’ Dane called standing in front of her.

‘Don’t come near me?’ Melisa said with anger.

Dane moved back carrying his daughter with him. He walked straight to his car and Grissel knew she has to go.

‘Tell Tom I’m sorry and I hope he can be happy now.’

‘What did you do now?’ Melisa asked consoling her.

‘Your brother said he wasn’t happy anymore and I couldn’t continue making him suffer.’

‘Oh Grissel, he probably didn’t mean you should leave’

‘What was I supposed to do? Tie him down when he wasn’t happy.’

‘I know you think you did the right thing but Tom went through a lot recently for the both of you and I’m sure he was just confused.’

‘Exactly my point, he has gone through a lot for me so if he wasn’t happy anymore why should I keep making him suffer.’

‘But Grissel, don’t you think it should be he should be part of this path you are about to take?’

‘No, your brother doesn’t know what he wants right now and I don’t really want to keep complicating his life.’

‘I think you are right. He’s not sure what he wants anymore and if letting go would make him decide then you’ve made the right decision.’

‘Thank you Lisa.’ Grissel started to sob again.

‘Stop crying.’ She brought her out of her arms. ‘Will you be okay?’ Melisa asked wiping Grissel

Grissel nodded. ‘I hope so.’

‘Okay, let me help you to the car.’ Melisa offered while trying so hard not to show her weakness.

Grissel walked to Gina and Julia. She was scared of their reaction but surprisingly they told her she made the right decision. After a few conversations, she went away with Dane.

Melisa went in search of Andre who came over to explain to them she decided to go with Dane since she lost the custody case due to Dane’s connections and also that was the only way to have Shirley closer.

Tom who was stuck in traffic with Stella even though they left the work place when Julia told them she had set off, they still couldn’t make it in time.

He hurriedly went out of his car and rushed towards his family. They decided to wait for him before they leave the court premises.

Tom and Stella paused at the entrance when they saw the expression on their faces. ‘She left with him right?’

No one answered.

‘Lisa, is she gone?’ Stella asked.

‘She had to and that heartless brother of yours probably offered her some kind of a deal.’ Melisa explained with anger.

‘But I thought, Tom had it handled.’

Melisa rolled her eyes at Tom. ‘He did but forgot to tell his wife what he was up to.’

‘I’m sorry Lisa, Sculley was supposed to take care of it.’ Tom mentioned with a sad and confused stare.

‘Andre said, she signed her papers yester night even before she came here this morning.’

‘If she got her divorce why did she still leave with him?’ Tom asked with a heavy heart.

‘Apparently, you made mention of not being happy with her anymore.’ Melisa said rolling her eyes at him again. She appeared to be so pissed off at her brother.

Tom’s face became blurred. His blood was boiling and Julia noticed he was trying to keep it under control.

‘Hey, you dare not flare up just take a deep breathe.’ Julia cautioned.

Tom looked at their faces and took a deep breathe. ‘I thought being honest with her was the best. I shouldn’t have taken Amy’s advice.’ He said before realizing he mentioned her ex’s name.

‘Amy? What has she got to do with this?’ Melisa asked angrily walking towards him.

Tom became rigid and words failed him.

‘Tom, what did you do?’ Stella asked looking at his sad face.

‘I did nothing wrong here. Amy only asked me to talk to her and for once I think she was right.’ He narrated as if he owed them an explanation.

‘Like seriously, you stand there and blab about what is right?’ Melisa glanced at Julia who was quiet and looked confused at the same time.

‘Why should I always be the one to take all the blame Lisa?’ He was trying hard to control his rage.

‘Don’…….’ Melisa was about to say when Gina interrupted.

‘Tom, I’m sorry my daughter probably put you at a cross road right now but she needed to do this.’

Gina said and Tom painfully glanced at her. ‘It’s okay, she chose her ex over me at least she would still be with Shirley.’

‘Son, i….’

‘I’m leaving.’ He said and walked away from them. Stella quickly followed.

‘I’m sorry, when she called me last night asking me to take care of you I should have known she was going to do this.’

‘She called you? At what time?’ Tom turned around and asked because Grissel was beside him all night. When he found her on the couch this morning, he assumed she probably woke up early.

‘Around three in the morning.’

‘Thank you, kindly take a cab.’ He said and rushed to his car.

‘Tom, she’s sorry?’ Stella apologized on behalf of her friend.

‘You two think I’m a fool right? Who knows how long you’ve been planning this.’

‘Come on Tom, Grissel wouldn’t just leave when she told me a few days ago she was ready to face Dane.’

‘Whose side are you on right now because I can’t stand you?’ Tom said rather calmly.

‘You know what just drive away before I lose it.’ Stella mumbled.

He glanced at her and knew he was wrong in blaming her when he was the one who told Grissel he wasn’t happy and she probably left because of that.

Tom got in his car and drove away while they all looked on. Stella walked back to where the others were hoping to get a ride back to the office since Tom gave her a ride on their way to court.

Jessy had an exams to examine in school hence was late, she came with Adam when everyone was leaving. She admitted knowing her sister was going to do something stupid again but this was beyond stupidity. Jessy lamented for a while and tried Grissel’s number which was out of reach. Stella also tried Dane’s contacts which were obviously turned off too.

They all went back home in a sad mood.

After two weeks of trying to reach Grissel and Dane to no avail they all shut it off. Gina however wasn’t bothered as she kept telling them her daughter is smart therefore would be fine.

It was just as if Grissel vanished into thin air. She was out of reach and Tom on the other hand was handling her decision too well. His family was worried he was going to go back to his old ways but it turned out he claimed he was tired of going back and forth with Grissel so he was going to move on.

It was a hard choice but he had to make it anyway. Stella kept her distance because he asked her to.

Dane had wanted them to leave Seattle that afternoon after court but Grissel insisted she had to make sure the final proceedings went through though Dane had finally signed the papers. She knew how cunning his ex could be so she wanted to make sure everything went through before they leave Seattle.

For the whole two weeks that she was at his end, it was one quarrel after the other. Dani had insisted they had meals together which was irritating anytime she had to sit with him on the same table and pretend as if she wasn’t hurting.

Grissel came down hours after when she knew they were waiting for her so they could have dinner.

Dane kept staring until she sat on the chair opposite him.

‘You are late five days this week.’ Dane queried.

‘You were counting?’ She found herself calming down.

‘Don’t let it repeat itself again.’ He said sternly.

‘What is that supposed to mean?’

‘Exactly what you heard Grissel.’

‘I’m not a prisoner here and I think I should decide when to have my meals.’

‘Stop talking already. Your voice is so irritating.’ He yelled.

‘When did you become this person? Yelling at your eight year old and putting up camera’s in my room.’

‘I’m going to go now because I can’t stand you.’

‘You can’t stand me but yet insisted on leaving in the same house with me.’

‘Isn’t it better than a second time in jail? I’m protecting my name.’

‘Suit yourself and please hurry up with the papers so I get the copy of my annulment.’

‘I told you to ask the court for your copy.’

‘How do I do that when you are watching my every move?’ She snarled now.

‘You are in my house so I’m allowed to do whatever I want to.’ He retorted. ‘Dani dinner is getting cold.’

‘Shirley will hate you if you keep yelling.’

‘My daughter wasn’t this rebellious until she met you.’ Dane retorted.

‘She’s not your property Dane.’

‘You are just so much like your daughter right now.’ He hissed and rushed off in search of her.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2018
Henry had followed Melisa from the house to Paige’s end. He got out of the car when Melisa was about to ring the bell on the wall.

‘Lisa.’ He called out.

Because it was dark she was scared to look back at who was calling her even when she recognized the voice. Melisa kept pressing the bell quickly until Henry caught up with her. He wrapped his hands around her waist while Melisa struggled to get him off her body.

‘Get off me Henry.’ She knocked him off in the stomach with her free elbow.

‘Easy girl. I come in peace.’

‘I told you to leave me alone. I’ve moved on.’

Henry laughed. ‘Moved on with that looser who is still in love with his Ex-wife.’

Melisa realized Bryan hadn’t told him she knew about his shady deals.

‘Are you any better?’ Melisa retorted.

‘Of course, we had a good thing going on and you ruined it.’

‘Henry don’t pretend here, I’m aware of the men that sleep with me without my consent.’

‘Ohh you found out?’ He said boldly and wasn’t bothered about the harm that he had caused.

‘Seriously, you are that calm right now?’

‘Yes, but you sleep around all the time so I don’t see the reason why you should bother about this.’

‘You are really out of your mind. Stay away from me.’ She yelled at him and the gate to Paige place opened.

Paige came out and met Melisa sweating. She rolled her eyes at Henry and dragged her friend along with her.

‘Lisa, If I don’t have you and Grissel no one else dares.’ He threatened while Melisa ignored him.

‘You are nuts.’ Paige replied him and shut the gate in his face.

She patted Melisa on the back and led her in.

Tom who shut his family off, and has been off work for a while decided to put it all behind him.

‘Finally, he decided to show up for work.’ Stella confronted him.

‘I’m sorry, I just needed some time off.’

‘Sorry? This is work Tom not some kind of school that you do what pleases you.’

Tom waited for a minute so she could calm down. He stood up from his desk and walked towards her.

‘Are you done?’ He asked with a smile. Tom knew Stella loves to see him smile when she is angry.

Stella looked at him and shook her head. ‘Where did you vanish to? Are you okay?’

‘Yes, I’m fine. I’ve been home all weeks and I’m sorry once again.’

‘You look better than we presumed.’

‘We?’ He said with the hope that Grissel came back.

‘Yes, Melisa was scared. We came to the house several times and there was no one.’

‘I saw you two through the window.’ He sighed and laughed.

‘OMG, you are heartless. We stood there for hours.’

‘I don’t know why you two came to the house, I was having my quiet time.’

‘Really.’ She moved towards him. ‘You owe me lunch then.’ Stella changed the topic as she didn’t want to bring up Grissel which might make him sad.

‘Great, let me grab my car keys.’ He rushed off to his table while Stella looked on.

Julia and Gina were about to have lunch without Melisa the same afternoon that Tom had decided to show up when the doorbell rang. Anna from his office called them earlier when he arrived at the office as Melisa requested of her. Julia quickly went to get it and found Dane smiling at him.

Melisa however, wasn’t handling losing Dane very well for the past two weeks since Grissel left with him.

‘You shouldn’t be here.’ Julia said quietly while Gina looked on from the couch. She didn’t know when Gina had left the dinning to the couch.

Julia was holding on to the door contemplating if she should let him in. She knew her niece was still so much in love with him.

‘I know everyone is angry with me right now but I need to see Lisa.’

‘Even though I don’t like you right now, Lisa is still my blood and I want to do right by her.’ Julia told him thinking Lisa would want to see him because she mentioned it a few days ago.

‘I’m sorry I disappointed you.’ He said remorsefully.

Julia stared at him for a while and realized he’s just a confused man who didn’t know what he was doing.

‘Come in, let me get her.’

‘Thank you Julia.’ He responded and entered.

Gina greeted him and tapped her side of the couch for him to make himself comfortable.

He hesitated for a second and then sat opposite her.

‘Is my daughter fine?’ She asked when she saw him stealing glances at her.

‘Ye..s, she..’s o..kay.’ He stammered.

‘Good.’ Gina responded once and stood up when her eyes caught Melisa coming down.

‘Who let him?’ She yelled.

Julia froze at her spot as she was about to go upstairs and call her. Gina on the other hand gave her way when she saw her coming down with speed.

‘Lisa, I ca..’ Dane was saying when she cut her off.

‘Get out, you heartless being.’ She yelled.

Julia regained her composure and blocked her way. ‘Just calm down and listen to him.

‘Did you just say listen? What does he possibly have to tell me?’

‘I still love you.’ He said sadly and pushed his tears back. Dane didn’t understand why Melisa’s rant made him sad.

‘You still love me right?’ She said calmly while her aunty was still holding on to her. Julia and Gina was surprised she calmed down.

‘Yes, can we go somewhere and talk?’

She took a deep breathe. ‘Sure.’ She said and snugged out of her auntie’s arms grabbing a baseball bat closer to the couch. Nobody saw it coming because they had no idea, there was a baseball bat in there. Dane saw him in a flash and rushed off to the door.

‘Lisa put that down.’ Julia called out to her and Gina held onto her tightly.

‘Are you running away? I thought you want to talk, stop there and you would see what I’m capable of.’

‘I’m sorry Lisa.’ He said struggling to open the door.

‘Sorry?’ She questioned. ‘Just get out of here. Ungrateful man.’

‘Please, just drop the bat and let’s talk.’ Dane was still hesitant to leave while Melisa struggled to free herself from Gina’s grasp.

‘Are you still talking? She sniffed. You think I would actually want to be with you after what you did.’

‘But you want to be with me.’ He said weakly with a weird expression on his face.

‘Not anymore and for your information, I’m back with Henry.’ She blurted out with anger.

The whole room went silent all of a sudden. Pain registered on Dane’s face, he held on to the door tightly for a minute as Melisa’s word sunk into his brain. Gina still held on to her tightly so she wouldn’t run off with the baseball bat.

Julia on the other hand was just lost in her thoughts. She knew these two were definitely in love but just at a hard time.

‘Do..nt do thi….’ Dane tried to convince her.

‘I shouldn’t do this to us? Was that what you were going to say?’ She tried to wriggle out of Gina’s arms again as she felt like smacking him. ‘Just get out.’ She screamed her head off this time.

Dane opened the door and went out quickly.

Melisa dropped on to the floor immediately he went out and Gina let her out of her arms. Julia sat down with her while Gina walked back to the couch.

‘It’s okay sweetheart. Don’t let this break you.’

‘But aunty I still want him. I said all that out of anger.’ She started to sob.

‘Including the Henry part?’ She was concerned about her niece going back to Henry after she told her what he did with Bryan.

Melisa sniffed and wiped her face. She glanced at her aunty who wrapped her hand around her cuddling her.

‘No, I’m not stupid to go back to a psycho like Henry. I just said that to hurt him.’

‘Good, I’m sure he’s hurt now but can you stop crying, I don’t want to cry too.

‘Okay, Aunty.’ She replied and stood up.

Gina who was watching the two on the floor cuddled earlier sighed when she wiped her face. ‘Believe me Lisa, you and Grissel are two strong women.’

‘Thank you Gina.’ She tried to cheer up.

‘By the way, who owned the baseball bat?’ Julia laughed.

‘It’s for Paige’s nephew. He left it in my car the other time and I brought it in.’

‘It was helpful.’ Gina chipped in poking Melisa’s nose while they all laughed.

Grissel felt she wasn’t well and thought it was because she missed Tom. She checked the camera on the wall and chuckled. Dane had left home earlier in the morning after one of their usual quarrels.

She hissed and tossed her phone on her bed after she read the text message she just received. Grissel knew Dane had been watching her since she got into his apartment from court but she didn’t want to fight it. She spotted the camera in her room when she arrived that afternoon and since then she uses the washroom for her dress up.

She went into her washroom and closed the door behind.

‘Don’t you dare take that small girl to our house?’ Grissel read the message she wrote when she got in quietly on her toilet seat and hit send.

Tom read the text over and over again as he recognized it was Grissel though she used a different number. He looked around and there was no sign of her. That was the first time she’s reaching out after she betrayed him during court.

He glanced and smiled at the girl Clive asked to join their table because she was alone.

Tom turned off his phone because he knew she was going to call when she didn’t get a text back from him. He hadn’t heard from her for a whole three weeks as he had turned off his phone not to be bothered. Tom thought he was going to have a rough time losing her all three weeks but he doesn’t feel anything now though the first week was hard for him.

She was still on the toilet seat while trying to reach out to Stella. When she picked up and heard her voice, Grissel ignored her Hello.

‘Where are you Stella?’

‘Emmm home. Grissel?’ Stella sounded unsure of the caller since it was a new line.

‘Yes, it’s me. I got a new line.’

‘I thought Dane had sold you.’

‘No, I just decided to stay off for a while but where are you right now.’ Grissel changed the topic as she was on a mission.

‘Why?’ Stella whispered quietly.

‘Why are you talking under tone? Where are you right now?’

‘I was asl..eep Grissel.’ She lied.

‘I asked you to watch my husband and you are home snoring.’

‘Come on Grissel, I need rest too. I can’t watch your Tom all day and night.’

‘Why? We talked about this Stella’

‘Because he’s not my husband and I d….,’ She stammered and paused. ‘Forget it.’ She concluded.

‘You don’t want to be tempted.’ Grissel ended her statement for her.

‘Yes, thank you and let me remind you he’s not your husband anymore.’ Stella mentioned happily.

‘Well, I still want him to be my husband.’

‘You shouldn’t have left then.’ Stella cautioned.

Grissel went mute. ‘I’m sorry but I gave you heads up.’

‘No you didn’t Grissel, you asked me to watch your husband which to me was an insult.’ She told her exactly what was on her mind.

‘Okay, forgive me but I didn’t want you guys to stop me.’

Henry came out from his bathroom interrupting their chat. ‘Hey babes, will you join me in the shower now.’

Stella signaled him to go back inside and he left frowning.

‘Hello, are you there?’ Grissel asked as Stella was suddenly quiet.

‘Yes, I’m here with you.’ She replied.

‘Who was that?’ Grissel with her sharp ears asked.

‘I told you I was home.’

‘Okay, let me talk to your mom.’ She muttered.

‘What do you want Grissel?’ Stella feigned anger.

‘Whose bed are you in right now?’

‘How is that your problem Grissel?’

‘It’s my problem when you intend throwing your life away. I’m sorry my husband is off limit but there are still men out there.’

‘Like your Austin?’

‘Yeah, I know he’s hard dealing with right now but give him time.’

‘Time? The guy just doesn’t want me Grissel.’

‘Should he want you when you keep sleeping with Henry?’ She said harshly.

Stella was quiet for three seconds. ‘How did you know it was him?’

‘I smelt him all the way from my end.’

‘You have a big a nose then.’ She stood up using her earphone so she could dress up.

‘Seriously, you need to stop. Melisa was sleeping with him too. I hope you know that?’

‘Was?’ She still sleep with him. I found some ladies clothes here when I came and I’m sure it’s her size.’

‘Are you sure about that because she’s with Dane now.’

‘I’m sure and you are with Dane not Lisa.’ She chipped in.

‘I did this for Shirley.’ Grissel replied sadly.

‘Don’t go crying on me now. Where did you say Tom was again?’

‘The usual joint. Today is Friday night.’

‘Oh yeah, can’t you call Austin.’ Stella asked fixing her shoe lace.

‘He’s out of town and knowing Clive, he would push that girl on Tom.’

‘But you should allow Tom to mingle now that you are out of the way.’

‘Did you just say that?’ Grissel asked.

‘Yes, I mean you left so he should find someone else.’ She picked up her car keys and went out of the apartment.

Henry who seemed to be enjoying the shower came out when he heard the door bang.

‘He would but it’s too early.’ Grissel said.

‘It’s too early or you want to be the one to do the selection.’

‘Whatever but can you go there now?’ She stressed worriedly.

‘Sure, Henry’s place isn’t that far from there so I should be there in an hour. Hope they would still be there.’

‘They should because I have someone watching them.’

‘Grissel what are you doing. Tom doesn’t need that from you.’

‘He seemed too okay for someone who just got jilted and betrayed for the second time.’

‘It’s been a couple of weeks and I’m sure he’s in a lot of pain and the best way to get over you is what he’s doing now.’

‘I know but I had no other choice.’

‘Alright, are you still in Seattle?’

‘Yes, your brother is keeping us locked up here in his apartment.’

‘Are you and Shirley okay?’

‘Of course, she’s asleep now.’

‘Good, just let me know when you are leaving Seattle.’

‘Are you out of that brothel already?’

She laughed slightly. ‘Yeah, I’m driving there now. You are on speaker out.’

‘Great, give me a call once you get there and please don’t give my number out to anyone.’

‘Alright, Good night.’ Stella said and hanged up.

She hanged up and her phone rang. Grissel checked the caller ID and didn’t recognized it.

She hesitated for a while and answered the call. ‘Hello.’

‘Grissel?’ The caller enquired.

She recognized the deep voice to be that of Dane’s father. That voice always scared her, the more reason why it got stuck in her mind.

‘Judge Reed,’ she mentioned and frowned. She feared the man and never liked him.

‘I hope my son is treating you well. Dani called’

‘You mean Shirley?’ Grissel managed to respond after some seconds.

‘Yes, she told me everything and I really want to help.’

‘Did you say help?’

‘Yes my dear.’ He replied.

‘With all due respect, I don’t need your help.’ Grissel said swallowing the bitterness forming in her throat.

‘I thought you might say that but I’m sorry I had already done that.’

‘Done what?’ Grissel’s heart skipped into her stomach. She knew both father and son were a torn in her flesh when the incident happened.

‘I asked the lawyer to add a clause to the custody section.’

Grissel took off the phone from her ears and checked the caller ID again.

‘A clause? What are you talking about?’ She asked when Judge Reed was quiet at his end.

‘Yes, I was surprised when Daniella called about you moving in with her dad when I had given you your freedom after I spoke with Lisa.’

‘What freedom because I didn’t even read any of those papers.’ And what has Lisa got to do with this.’ She frowned.

‘That makes sense now because if you had read, you would have seen I gave you custody after I met your sister in law at my place.’ He paused to check if Grissel was still listening to him. ‘Hello.’
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2018
‘I’m still here with you.’

‘My lawyer assured me the only thing you were left with was the annulment which the court would have agreed to because Sculley said your husband had already reached out to him.’ Mr. Reed continued.

Grissel hit her head painfully. Then she remembered, Dane used his Dad’s lawyer. It didn’t occur to her to ask him for help.

‘Thank you. That was actually my plan to get the annulment papers from court and leave him and since the only way to do that was to stay with him, I signed the papers without looking.’

‘But you are still there after three weeks.’

‘Yes, because somehow the court said it wasn’t ready when I called last week besides I have my daughter so close now.’

‘I don’t know what has come over my son but I apologize for the part I took in all these.’

Grissel ignored his apology yet again. ‘So are you saying once I get the papers back from court, I’m free to have full custody of my daughter?’ Grissel wasn’t concerned about the annulment anymore, all she wanted was her daughter.

‘That’s right, you can leave anytime and apply for a copy at the court.’

‘And Dane is not aware about the custody clause.’ She suddenly asked.

‘No, my lawyer was discreet about it.’

She sighed heavily. The only thought that came to her mind was she couldn’t wait to see Tom. Grissel suddenly became tensed and sad as she knew Tom may never accept her back.

‘I would call up the court once we are done talking.’

‘Good and I know you also felt it was your duty to fix him but trust me Dane is beyond fixing.’

Grissel could hear him breathe heavily and his voice was laced with sadness.

‘Why do I feel you have something else on your mind? Grissel asked suspiciously.

‘It’s about Shane?’ He said with a sad tone.

‘What about Shane?’ She asked with her heart skipping vigorously.

‘I don’t know how to say this bu….’

‘Judge Reed, I won’t bite you.’

‘Alright, Dane blamed you because he couldn’t get over the guilt of not telling you the truth from the beginning.’

‘What truth?’ She asked fumbling.

Judge Reed told her everything from start to finish. Grissel paused and grabbed a seat just then Dane announced his entrance. She hanged up and wiped her tears. He was already broken when he left Melisa’s end so he walked pass Grissel.

She quickly hanged up and picked up Dani’s huge story book. Grissel threw it at him and he turned round with a glare.

‘Why did you do this to me? Shane was my son too and I had the right to know every decision you were making.’ She yelled on top of her voice.

‘So? Did you think about that when you suffocated him?’ He yelled back.

‘Seriously, you still carry this story around and expect everyone to believe you.’

And what is that supposed to mean? Look I’m not in the mood this evening.’ Dane flared up.

‘Mommy, are you two fighting now?’

Grissel heard Dani’s voice behind her. She turned around and walked to her.

‘Princess, go to your room. I would be right there.’

‘Okay,’ she rushed off after attempting to give his dad a hug and he ignored her.

Grissel saw him walking away, and she held on to his shirt.

‘Get off me,’ Dane shouted.

She let him go and started crying. ‘Why didn’t you tell me Shane wouldn’t have lived up to a year? I was his mother and I could have stayed home that night.’

Grissel cried and sat on the floor. Dane’s face became pale and he tried to open his mouth but nothing came out. That was the moment he feared, he thought this day wouldn’t come.

He felt his rage slowly turning into bitter emotions and guilt swept him off his feet. He dropped to the floor in front of her and glared at Grissel with teary eyes.

‘Leave me alone. I never knew you could be this heartless to blame me for a death you were equally accountable for.’ Dane tried to reach out for her hands and she snarled at him.

Dane saw the pain in her eyes and at that moment it was as if the plank on his eyes had been removed. He kept staring at her cry and his own tears begun to flow. Dane wiped it off quickly.

‘You sp..oke to my d..ad rig..ht?’ ‘You sp..oke to my d..ad rig..ht?’ As if reality dawned on him, he started to shed more tears like a baby throwing tantrums. Grissel looked up at him, she never thought he would be that soft but she ignored him.

‘I can’t believe the extra nurses and the tests you told me were just because it was your first time of being a dad was all because Shane was anemic and wasn’t going to survive in the first place and I just worsened his case.’

‘I’..m s..orr..y,’ He fumbled with his words.

“Sorry? For making me feel as if I intentionally killed my own son when you failed to be honest with me from the beginning.’

‘I thought you couldn’t handle it.’ He said calmly.

‘You thought I was naïve and gullible right?’ Grissel retorted.

There was a long silence between them as Grissel watched him fumble with his hands. She hadn’t seen him that unguarded and remorseful in her entire life.

As they both sat on the floor, their thoughts were all over the place.

‘I was guilty and needed someone to take the blame for me.’ Dane felt the need to speak up as he realized Grissel was scrutinizing him.

‘And you thought the best person to blame was the woman you swore to love and protect.’

‘I’m sorry.’ He weakly apologized.

‘I can’t forgive you and stay in your lane from today onwards.’ She said angrily and stood up from the floor heading towards the room when she saw Dani rushing off into her father’s room.

‘Thank you.’ He was still not able to stand up yet.

‘Keep your thank you.’

‘Grissel?’

‘What?’ She snarled turning around.

‘Lisa has left me for Henry.’ He said with tears.

‘So? Don’t you deserve it?’ She asked rudely.

His tears continued to flow. ‘I w..as.. ho..pin..g y..ou could talk to her for me.’

‘Why would I want to do that for you? You think I want you to treat Lisa the same way you treated me?’

‘I’ve learnt my lesson and I would never do that to her.’ He pleaded.

Grissel stared at his apologetic face and wondered how he could change in just a flash. Wasn’t he heartless anymore? Is he worth staying around? Her thoughts were all over the place.

‘Why should I believe you when you destroyed the only thing I ever wanted?’ She finally asked.

‘I really love Lisa.’

‘Love? I thought you loved me too?’

‘Ye…s, no. I mean I did but not anymore.’ He stammered and then found his voice.

She breathed heavily. ‘Was it all intentional to hurt me or it was your guilt.’

He stopped fumbling with his hands. ‘I knew how I treated you was wrong and when I met you again it was to tell you the truth but then I found out you didn’t mention your past to your family and that pissed me off.’

‘Pissed you off?’ That was my decision to make not yours.’

‘I know that now.’ He replied more calmly now.

Grissel rolled her eyes at him and walked away into her room. Dane sprawled on the floor for a few minutes and got up. He tried Melisa’s number several times and she didn’t answer.

He walked into his room, wiped his face with his pillow and his eyes caught the files which he kept under the pillow. Dane picked up the files and locked it up in his safe which he had no idea Dani was in the room.

Dani who was playing with his dad’s laptop hid behind the couch in the room when she heard his footsteps. She waited for him to enter the bathroom and she quickly went out.

Dane has been extremely nice to Grissel since their quarrel a week ago. Grissel doesn’t want to have anything to do with him since she found out she might be pregnant.

That night that she went into her room, her headache and abdomen pains were weighing her down. She also knew she was a couple of weeks late on her flow that had triggered the changes in her sleeping pattern and health. To her it meant only one thing but who would she turn to when she chose that path for herself. What if she went back to Tom and he wants nothing to do with her.

She cried that evening while Dane rushed in to check on her when he heard the sobs. That morning of a new week her thoughts strayed to Tom but she knew he probably wouldn’t want to be in her life right now. She was still mumbling to herself when Dani came in that morning.

‘Mommy, you are still sleeping.’ Dani shook Grissel when she entered her room.

‘Shirley I told you I wasn’t well.’ She lazily picked herself up from the bed.

‘Sorry, but Daddy said you should come down for breakfast.’

‘I will eat later.’ She dragged herself out of the sheets as she was still in her pajamas and went into the washroom.

Dani followed her after a few minutes and met Grissel rubbing her belly. Dane had become soft and Grissel had made every effort to avoid him since they had that talk a week ago.

She stood at the door for some seconds.

‘I think my brother is in there.’ She said naively.

Grissel looked back at her and smiled.

‘I think so too. Come here.’ She reached out to her daughters hand and placed it on her stomach.

‘Mommy, the baby moved.’

‘Shhhh, Daddy must not know.’

‘Okay mommy, but you still haven’t told him to stop yelling at me.’

‘We would do that together after breakfast.’

‘See you then.’ She gave her mom a warm hug and rushed off happily.

Grissel came down and sat next to her daughter.

‘Hey mom. We’ve been waiting for you.’

‘I’m sorry I was late.’ She rubbed her shoulder.

‘That’s okay, we weren’t in a hurry to eat.’ Dane chipped in and got ignored.

Grissel just hissed and starts to dish out the food because for the past three weeks that she moved in he always complained about Grissel being late for meals. They ate in silence and Dani watched them both discretely.

‘I need you to take off the cameras in my room.’ She said after a few minutes into their meal.

‘Alright, I will turn them off.’

‘No, I said take the whole damn thing off.’ Grissel yelled out for no reason.

‘Relax, don’t bite my head off. I would call the technician to do that in the evening.’

‘Look, I want it gone this very minute.’ She roared when Dane made no efforts to stand up.

He glanced at her then tried to pick up his phone but found only the case.

‘Dani, come out here.’ He called out.

Dani left the table when they were arguing and they barely noticed.

Dane has been trying to be nice to Grissel ever since his confession but it seemed she resent him and he was starting to feel lost.

He thought she was going to leave when he came home the night after their quarrel but she was still home when he got there.

Dane had accepted she didn’t want to go back and thought since Melisa has robbed him of his joy, he could just hold on to his family no matter how broken it seemed now.

‘Mommy isn’t well Lisa.’ She said softly over the phone.

“Dani?”

‘Yes, it’s me your step daughter.’ She said with a serious tone.

Melisa checked the caller ID and laughed quietly. ‘Is everything alright?’

‘Mommy is having a baby.’

“Huh.” Melisa exclaimed.

‘She said not to tell anyone.’

‘Is your mommy there with you?’ Melisa said as she was so sure Dani was lying again.

Just then Dane barged in on her. ‘Hand over the phone now.’

‘It’s Lisa Daddy.’ She quickly hanged up.

‘So? Hand it over quickly.’ He walked up to her and shoved the phone out of her hands making her sad.

‘I was just having a chat with her.’

‘Next time, ask me first. How did you even know my password?’

‘I hacked it.’ She grinned. You used mommy’s name.’

Dane looked up at her and wondered what has come over his sweet little princess.

‘I wasn’t done talking to Li….’

‘Get out.’ He shouted at her.

Dani rushed to the door and stuck her tongue out. ‘I hate you daddy.’

She rushed out and her dad followed.

Melisa called back several times which Dane didn’t answer as he wasn’t so sure what to tell her after what happened in her house

Read the remaining episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/tarasha-season-2

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nice wan, like as e dey go.

OP tanks a lot ooo. Jah bless
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by izaray(f): 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Chizim1: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
Onyi thank you so much i love this story, try and drop another up-date
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Ann2012(f): 6:11am On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks for the update

Loving Tom and Grissel
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Pearl05(f): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks Cbella and oyinprince , i don't know what grissel is thinking by following Dane. Dane should let the woman be.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE EPISODE 31
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved.
Melisa paced around. She was nervous and had no idea what to do. ‘Of course it’s Dani, she couldn’t be lying about the pregnancy.’ She said loudly and heard a screech behind her.
‘Pregnancy?’ Julia came in from behind her.
‘Huh!’ She exclaimed. ‘Oh it’s just you.’ Melisa said with a throbbing heart. She had no problem telling Julia about Grissel’s pregnancy but she wasn’t sure who the father is yet.
‘Yes it’s your aunty but that doesn’t answer my question.’
‘Which question?’ She asked busily going through her medicine cabinet.
‘Are you pregnant and what are you busily looking for?’
‘Pregnancy test Kit.’ She looked back at Julia for a second and continued to search. ‘I know I kept one here.’
Julia’s eyes nearly popped out since she kept her eyes steadily on her.
‘I have one up in my cabinet, if you wan…….’ She was saying when Melisa stood up and grabbed her old bag full of some kits and rushed off before her aunty could finish her statement.
She paused when she came down after grabbing the kit from her Aunty’s room.
‘Thank you aunty,’ she smiled sheepishly. ‘By the way why do you need a test kit?’
Julia gave her a stare. ‘Why do you also need one?’ She shot back at her.
‘Never mind, see you later.’ She smacked her teasingly and picked up her car keys on the table in the hall.
Julia slumped on to the couch and wondered where she rushed off too. ‘Why won’t she do the test here if she is pregnant?’ Julia was speaking to herself when Gina joined her.
They both had a good laugh and analyzed Melisa’s earlier behavior.
After what seemed like forever, Melisa was knocking on Stella’s door as if she owed her money.
Stella’s mom opened the gate and was leading her in when Stella met her at the door.
‘Lisa?’ She called and signaled her mom to give them privacy. Stella was cladded in her favorite pink short and white tank top.
As soon as Mrs. Medts left, Melisa pulled her aside. ‘Where’s she?’
‘Huh.’ Who?’
‘Don’t play dumb with me? I know you are in contact with Grissel.’
‘Grissel?’ Stella pretended to be naïve about the topic because Grissel asked her to.
‘Yes, you two are like five and six and I know she must have reached out to you.’
‘No, I haven’t heard from her. Trust me.’ Stella stared at her with a straight face.
‘Come on, cut to the chase Stella. She’s pregnant.’
‘Pregnant?’ She asked surprised because Grissel didn’t mention it when they spoke the last time and her phone has been off for a while now.
‘Yes, Dani called me earlier and I’m just worried Dane is giving her a tough time right now.’
Stella suddenly laughed with a relief. ‘Dani called and you believed her.’
‘Of course, there was no reason for her to lie and besides Dane snatched the phone from her before I could get further details.’
‘You are right? Shirley is smart.’
‘Great, can you call Grissel right now.’
‘Her number has been off for a few days now but let me try and see.’ She took out the phone from her shorts pocket and dialed her number.
‘Well?’ Melisa asked when she seemed to be unsuccessful.
‘Both lines are still off.’ Stella told her with concern.
‘Gosh, Grissel is just one hard woman to find.’ Melisa lamented.
‘Wait here.’ Stella said after a few minutes of silence rushed in hurriedly as if she remembered something.
She came back after five minutes and rushed towards the main gate after throwing a paper to Melisa earlier.
‘What’s this?’ She asked unfolding the paper.
‘A map to Seattle Groove.’ She looked back at Melisa who hadn’t made an attempt to move yet.’
‘Hold on. They are still in Seattle?’
‘Yes, she called me a week back to check on Tom.’
‘Why didn’t you say anything when you knew how worried I was?’ Melisa said with disappointment.
‘She asked me not to. Now, let’s go already.’ Stella said reminding her it’s a long drive from her end.
‘Sure, you are driving.’ Melisa gave her the keys to her car since she knew that place better than her.
They got in and Stella sped off.
‘It’s been a long time since I visited that cabin.’ Stella said about thirty minutes into their drive.
‘I remember Dane mentioned his dad had a cabin in Seattle.’ Melisa paused and glanced at Stella who was driving and at the same time stealing glances at her. ‘He wanted us to move in there when we se….’ She was saying further and sadness filled her throat.
Stella cleared her throat after two minutes of silence. ‘You know its okay to miss him.’
Melisa shyly fumbled with her hands. ‘I don’t only miss him, I want him Stella.’
‘It’s fine to want him too.’ Stella encouraged.
‘Isn’t that some stupid feeling?’
‘No, you are just a woman in love with a broken man who happens to be in a bad place.’
‘Broken you say? All I see is a man full of himself and wouldn’t listen to advice.’ Melisa added and smiled through her sadness.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Eps 31

‘Dane used to listen to me but I don’t understand why this time he wouldn’t.’
‘As you said, he’s in a bad place now and though I want him I can’t put Grissel through another trauma by letting him into my life knowing he would always remind her of the past.’
‘You know one way or the other, Grissel is always going to be in his life so it doesn’t matter if you decided to be with him.’
‘It matters to me, I can’t be with him knowing he hurt my brother.’
‘I understand but Tom would eventually learn to accept him once he’s happy with Grissel again.’
‘Happy with Grissel?’ Melisa asked with a hundred thoughts on her mind.
‘Of course with this pregnancy I’m sure she would want to come back home.’
‘How sure are you Tom is responsible for the pregnancy?’ Melisa asked with a confused stare.
‘Are you thinking what I’m thinking?’ Stella asked trying to focus on the road.
‘Though, I know she would be a fool to be pregnant for Dane a second time, I also know it’s very possible.’
‘No way, when she called the last time, trust me she missed Tom and wished she could come back.’
‘That’s a relief.’ She sighed. ‘I need a nephew badly so I could get busy and forget all about Dane.’
‘Well, I’m sure it’s a girl and I know you are just bluffing about not wanting Dane.’ Stella smiled.
‘No, I’m sure I don’t want him anymore. I already told him the last time he came to my house and I chased him out with a baseball bat.’
‘Oh wow.’ That must be funny.
‘Yeah it was, Julia and Gina teased me the whole night.’
Stella laughed, ‘but I’m glad you have that so much effect on him. The Dane I knew wouldn’t take that crap from anyone.’
‘You mean the heartless Dane.’
‘Yeah but he really loves you. I can tell.’
‘He loved Grissel too but see how hit turned out.’
‘Not as much as he loves you. I don’t know you but I know Dane and Grissel, what they shared was not close to what you both had briefly.’
‘There was a screech of tires in front of them and Stella forcefully stepped on the brake. They looked up on the road and was lucky, they didn’t bump into the car in front of them.
‘That was close. Now look on the road.’ Melisa muttered.
‘Sure, check the map for me once we get off the high road.’ Stella told her. Melisa nodded and they drove off again when a message came on Stella’s phone from Grissel.
They both looked at each other and smiled but when they tried calling her phone it was off again.
‘At least, with this message we are assured she’s fine.’ Melisa relaxed back on the seat and looked on the road with a worried grimace. Stella turned on the radio in then car while driving off the high way.
It was a long drive indeed because it took them hours to locate the place and it was already afternoon.
They knocked on the door since there was no gate to the cabin. Melisa was looking round admiring the environment when Dane opened the door.
Their gazes met and Stella watched them staring at each other. She managed to walk pass them in search of Grissel when luckily she came out with Shirley who run into her arms for a cuddle.
‘I miss you so much Princess.’ Stella said putting her down slowly and smiling at Grissel.
‘I miss you too but did Lisa send you.’
‘Why would Lisa send her?’ Grissel said grabbing her attention.
‘I’m fine Grissel.’ Stella responded when Grissel hasn’t greeted her yet.
‘I know you are fine that is why I didn’t ask but don’t avoid my question.’
‘Lisa is at the door in some kind of a trance, she will explain when she gets here.’
‘Lisa is here?’ Both mother and daughter chorused.
Dani left them talking and rushed to the door. ‘Did you come because of my text message from earlier?’
‘No, I mean yes but we also came because of something else just wait for Lisa.’
‘Lisa, you came.’ Dani said loudly when she got there and saw them both staring at each other.
Stella and Grissel stopped talking when they heard Dani’s voice and moved away to a comfortable area.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
Eps 31 Cont'd

Her tiny voice rang in her ears and grabbed her attention. She pushed Dane slightly off the way and opened her arms for an embrace with her medicine bag hanging on her arms.
They heard Dane calling after her but she ignored him and went to meet the others who were already seated around a table behind the balcony.
‘Hey, so I heard you are here on request.’ Grissel said once she sat down.
‘Where are your manners?’ Melisa asked smiling.
‘I left them at your brother’s house.’ They all laughed at her joke.
They said their pleasantries and was okay without Juice and water when Stella prompted Melisa to spill out the reason they came there.
‘So I heard you are having a baby.’ Melisa said without hesitating.
‘Gosh, Shirley.’ Grissel turned to her daughter because she knew she was the snitch.
‘Yes mommy.’
‘Can we not tell everyone?’ Grissel gave her a worried and sad grimace.
‘But, Lisa is not everyone mommy.’
‘Yes, she’s right. Stella chipped in. ‘We were supposed to be family.’
‘I know but not in this situation.’
‘Okay, so I’m assuming you didn’t tell Dane about this.’ Melisa asked smartly.
‘No, why would I do that when he’s not the father.’
‘Thank God!’ Melisa exclaimed and sighed heavily.
Grissel examined her face. ‘Wait, you two thought I’m that dump to sleep with Reed again.’
Stella quickly covered Shirley’s ears with her hands. ‘Watch your words Grissel.’
She glanced at her daughter scornfully.
‘Don’t say it mommy, I know it already.’ She walked away sadly.
She breathed in and relaxed back on her chair.
‘What was that about?’ Melisa asked.
‘We came to an understanding that anytime she misbehave which I think it’s inappropriate she would be grounded by reading a book for three hours.’
‘Three hours? Why do you want her to run mad?’ Stella asked.
‘You think that’s unfair? Gina did the same to me and I think it’s only fair I meted out the same punishment to my daughter.’
‘But that’s to the extreme.’ Stella was still complaining and making funny utterances.
‘It’s better than yelling at her. What do you think Lisa?’ Grissel asked Lisa who has been quiet all this while.
‘Is it Tom’s?’ Lisa asked ignoring Grissel’s earlier question.
‘What is Tom’s?’ His name introduced some kind of coldness to her body.
Melisa pointed to her stomach.
‘She meant is she going to be an aunty.’ Stella muttered.
‘Oh that, I think so.’ Grissel replied rubbing her belly.
‘Really, you think so.’ Melisa asked nervously.
‘Yes, besides I’m not even sure if I’m really pregnant.’
‘Good. Take this and I’ll wait for you.’ She opened her bag and gave her the pregnancy kit.
‘Jeez, you are too bossy. I don’t need this but I’m sure you would be an aunty in about nine months.’
‘Thank you but just do as I said earlier.’ Melisa ordered and stared.
‘Okay, just wait here.’ Grissel picked up the test kit and went away to the washroom while they waited.
She came back after about twenty minutes and shoved the result in their faces and Melisa continued to check her pulse and blood pressure with the equipment’s she brought while they talked.
‘This is good, so what do you want to do now.’ Stella asked.
‘I thought I was clear with my text message when I didn’t even know you were coming here.’
‘Yes.’ Both Stella and Grissel chorused.
‘So why should you be asking me what I want to do.’ Grissel asked them with outmost certainty.
‘You do know this is going to hurt a lot of people.’
‘I know but what other choice do I have Lisa.’ Grissel said sadly.
‘There are other ways to go about it.’ Melisa muttered.
‘Not for me.’ Grissel said and noticed a shadow pacing around and waited for it to come from behind the pillar.
It turned out it was Dane and they had no idea how long he had been standing there and if he heard their discussion.
‘What is he doing there?’ Melisa asked looking back at him.
‘Waiting for you Lisa.’ Stella chipped in.
‘I don’t want to talk to him.’ Melisa blushed.
‘Why are you blushing when you don’t want him anymore?’ Grissel asked and Melisa forced a frown on her face.
‘Let’s not go there Grissel.’ Melisa turned her seat around so she wouldn’t have to see him again.
They laughed at her when Dane stopped pacing and kept staring at Melisa.
‘I forgot to say, he apologized and trust me he’s been trying to be nice these days.’
‘Wait a minute. My brother apologized.’
‘Of course, you should have seen him in tears, I nearly fell for his apology.’
Grissel continued to narrate everything that happened starting from his father in law down to the very end.
‘Wow that must have hurt Grissel.’ Melisa rubbed her shoulder.
‘Yeah, but it gave me the relief I needed. Knowing Shane would have died whether that night in Connecticut happened or not gave me the strength to sleep that night.’
‘I’m sure it was the same night I chased him out of the house.’
‘Oh my goodness.’ Grissel laughed. ‘How were you able to do that?’
Melisa told them both how the drama unfolded. They teased each other for a while and it seemed they had nothing else to talk about.
‘Is he still there?’ Melisa asked after some few minutes.
‘Yes, I think he’s trying to call you.’ Stella replied.
‘No,’ she hurriedly said and picked up her phone dialing Tom’s number so she could keep her number on busy.
‘Hey, it’s your sister.’ she said immediately Tom picked up on the first ring.
‘I know it’s you so what do you want?’
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
Eps 31 cont'd

‘Don’t be mean Tom. Do I only have to call you when I need something?’ She feigned anger.
Grissel’s heart skipped and she relaxed back on the chair.
‘I’m sorry, how is everyone.’
‘We miss you.’ Melisa responded.
‘I would come around soon, I just have an overload of work these days.’
‘You mean Stella is giving you a tough time at work?’ Melisa said loudly glancing at Stella while Grissel sat back eager to hear his voice.
Stella made a gesture indicating she hasn’t done anything wrong.
‘No, I’ve been slow with work and it got piled up.’
‘Okay, but you were right earlier.’
‘I knew it. You need help.’ He said literally jumping up from his end.
‘Yes, I’m getting married next week.’
‘What? To whom.’ He asked with a surprise tone.
‘To a human being Tom. You don’t need to rub it in my face that I may never find love.’
‘I’m sorry, so what do you need.’ He asked calmly.
‘A loan Tom.’
He went mute on the phone and kept scratching his head. ‘Can’t you ask Aunty to help?’
‘I could ask aunty but I came to you as a sister.’ She feigned sadness.
Don’t cry on me now? How much do you need?’
‘Yaay, just five thousand dollars.’
What? That’s too much Lisa besides shouldn’t the man be paying for these expenses.’
‘Bryan doesn’t have money right now.’
‘Bryan?’ He sounded surprised. ‘Come on. You still want to marry that loser?’
He is not a loser Tom. Or do you want me to end up alone?’
‘No, but at least if he has agreed to marry you, he should be a man.’
‘Are you helping me or not? I could sell mommy’s car.’ Melisa muttered sternly.
‘No, that car is an artifact.’ Tom said. He loved his mother’s old Benz and have prevented her sister and Julia from selling it all these years.
‘So?’ Melisa asked hoping for a yes.
‘Emmm, alright. I would wire you the money once we are done here but you have to pay back.’
‘Okay boss.’ Melisa answered cheerfully. ‘
‘I have to go now, my friends are around right now.’
‘Make sure to get a new suit because you are walking me down the aisle.’
‘Morris would do that.’
‘No, I want you and invite those your friends as well.’ Melisa stressed.
‘I will madam.’ He replied teasingly and hanged up laughing.
‘You are manipulative Lisa. You think Tom would pay for a wedding he is not interested in.’ Grissel said once she hanged up.
‘Relax, he would and that reminds me I have to call Bryan.’ Melisa was saying when she got the alert of the exact amount she asked from Tom.
She smiled and tossed the phone to Grissel who recognized the account number. She kept staring at the phone for a while and decided to hand it over.
‘Is he okay?’ Grissel finally asked the one question on her mind.
‘Yeah, he sounded cheerful.’ Melisa said sadly.
‘Don’t you think you need to come with us when we are leaving?’ Stella rubbed her hands to grab her attention.
‘No, I’m not done here yet and besides Melisa hasn’t given me the wedding date.’
‘Sunday and you should be there early enough if you really want to have a talk with Tom before anything else.’ Her sister in law stressed.
‘I would try and please, your boyfriend has been standing for long Lisa.’ Grissel cautioned.
‘I don’t know what you want me to do. Hand over the phone.’
She dialed Brain’s number and he answered after the third ring.
‘Get yourself ready, we are getting married on Sunday.’
‘Huh. Lisa.’
‘Yes it’s me and you heard me right. I would send you the address of the venue.’
‘I don’t understand you right now.’
‘Do you still want me or not?’ Melisa asked him.
‘No, yes I mean I do want to be with you but you are rushing this whole marriage thing.’
‘I can see you are not ready,’ she said with frustration written on her face. ‘I would find someone else.’
‘Wait.’ Bryan said when he noticed she was going to hang up.
‘I’m listening Bryan.’
‘How does this work?’
‘You just come to the address I would be sending you and my dad would take care of talking to your people.’
‘Okay, but don’t you think, my family should be talking to yours rather.’
‘Alright, have it your way but just come on time.’
‘Thank you Lisa for giving me another chance.’ He mentioned happily.
‘You were a victim so I understand but can I call you back later.’
‘Sure.’ He said and hanged up.
Melisa breathed deeply and heavily.
‘Lisa, you don’t have to do this just to get back at anyone.’ Grissel registered her displeasure.
‘Yeah, I agree with Grissel. Just don’t make the poor guy suffer anymore.’
‘You two should leave me alone right now. I liked the guy until I heard the truth.’
‘And you think that calls for revenge?’ Grissel asked.
‘You are doing the same thing here with Dane, besides I just thought I could help you this way.’
‘No, there are other ways to deal with my situation.’ Grissel mumbled.
‘Just tell me, you would come for the wedding.’
‘Definitely, I want this but not your way of handling it.’ Grissel affirmed.
‘Hey ladies, your boyfriend would collapse if you don’t stop arguing.’ Stella interrupted.
They all glanced towards his direction.
Dane was pacing from the far end of the balcony stealing glances at them. He had a pathetic look on which they kept laughing at.
‘Reed.’ Grissel waved her hands inviting him over.
When he heard Grissel mention his name, as if that was the best thing that ever happened to him, he smiled and picked up his phone by the table.
‘What are you doing Grissel?’ Melisa asked quietly, while Dane walked over.
Dane scratched his jaw when he got there. ‘Emmm, you called me.’
‘Yes, your girlfriend here is hungry,’ She said and winced in pain. Melisa had kicked her under the table with her foot.
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
Eps 31 cont'd

‘Are you okay?’ Stella asked Grissel who gestured towards Melisa. She had a sheepish smile on her face and at the same time avoiding Dane’s gaze on her.
Grissel nodded to answer her question while Dane kept looking at Melisa who was avoiding his eyes all the time.
‘I can take you ladies out across the street to eat.’ He watched them with their funny expressions and shifted his eyes on Melisa.
As if on cue they all glanced at him. ‘No, that’s unethical. You can make her some sausage sauce here.’ Grissel said with a teasing face.
Melisa tried to hit her again under the table. This time around she was expecting it so she withdrew her legs quickly.
‘Okay, give me about twenty minutes.’ He announced and left quickly.
Melisa who was holding her laughter bust into a hilarious one. ‘Goodness what just happened. Was that Dane?’
‘Of course Lisa.’ Grissel responded.
‘What did you do to him?’ Melisa further asked.
‘Nothing, I already told you earlier about his confession.’
‘Yes, but he has become too soft.’ Melisa complained.
‘You haven’t seen anything yet. If I tell him to bath me he will.’ Grissel bragged.
‘Dane has always been soft though strict sometimes and he’s a good cook too.’ Stella who knew him best said.
‘Yeah, unlike my Tom.’ Grissel said sadly as she wasn’t sure what lies ahead of her.
‘Wow, I like this new Dane but……’ Her hands flew to her mouth quickly. Her intention was to dissuade Grissel from her sad thoughts but it seems she’s going to get teased all over again.
‘It’s alright Lisa.’ Stella chipped in. ‘He’s all yours now.’
‘No, I still don’t want him.’
‘We live to see.’ Grissel teased just that moment Dane came out bearing a tray of glasses and wine.
He dropped it on the table and glanced at them. ‘Help yourselves, lunch would soon be ready.’
Everyone was quiet watching him stare at them.
‘Thanks, I would prefer juice. Just give the whole bottle to Shirley.’ Grissel notified him.
‘Don’t worry I would bring it. She said you grounded her so she’s busy reading.’
‘Oh yeah, I forgot. Thanks.’ Grissel said nonchalantly.
She knew Dane must be excited seeing her talk to him since all she does to him these days was to yell at him.
He walked away knowing all eyes were on him. Then Melisa stood up to leave.
‘Where do you think you are going?’ Stella asked.
‘To get Grissel that juice.’
‘He would bring it Lisa.’ Grissel said.
‘I know but I don’t like the way you are treating him.’
‘Oh wow, finally. Just say you want to talk to him and don’t use my juice as an excuse.’
‘You do know I’m getting married next week to Bryan right?’
Grissel scoffed. ‘Okay Madam Bryan.’ They both teased Melisa and waved her goodbye.
She shook her head and sat down. ‘Let’s wait for him then.’
Dane came back later with mango juice and rushed back to the kitchen.
There was noise coming from the kitchen and that moment Dani came out frowning.
‘Mommy, why is Daddy nervous and making noise. I’m trying to read.’
Grissel looked back at her and smiled. ‘Lisa, can you take her away for a few days?’
‘I could until after the wedding.’ Melisa smiled at Dani who rushed back in and came back with her hands behind her back.
Everyone was wondering why she went back in.
‘Mommy, I want to tell you something.’ She brought a white envelope from behind her.
‘What is that you are holding?’ Grissel curiously asked.
‘I need something first.’ Shirley grinned childishly.
‘What did we say the last time?’ Grissel asked sternly.
‘No blackmailing.’ She said moving a step back.
‘Good, so let me have the envelope.’ Grissel demanded sternly.
‘Lisa,’ Shirley glanced at her and then to Stella. ‘Can you tell mommy to get me a phone?’
‘Is that all?’ Stella who was quiet watching them suddenly asked.
‘Yes, I miss my friends in Dallas.’
‘It’s settled, you can have mine.’ Stella offered avoiding Grissel’s gaze on her.
Dani rushed on the phone smiling.
‘Ella? This is a mistake.’ Grissel cautioned.
‘Relax, the phone is just for today besides you shouldn’t deny Shirley her friends.’
’That’s true especially when she’s in the midst of all these problems.’ Melisa added.
Grissel kept quiet watching them and smiled.
‘Alright, for just a few hours. ‘She sternly told her daughter. ‘Now let me have the envelope.’ Grissel reached out.
‘No, it’s going to make you sick.’ She said with a sad tone.
‘Alright, give it to Lisa then.’ Grissel responded.
She handed the envelope out and was rushing off. ‘Lisa, Daddy needs help with that food. He’s messing up the whole kitchen.’
Grissel gave her a stare and she rushed off. Melisa tossed the envelope over to Stella. ‘Whatever is in there, I know it’s no good news.’
‘Why should I be the one to open it?’ Stella said dropping it on the table in front of them.
Grissel looked at them both and picked the envelope off the table while they looked on.
She realized it was already opened. Grissel hissed when she realized what it was.
Melisa snatched it from her while Stella shifted her seat over to read. ‘Grissel, I thought you told me your proceedings are still pending and that was the main reason you are still here.’
‘As you can see he had it all along.’ Grissel responded in a slow tone.
‘Why would he do that?’ Melisa was starting to get jittery.
‘Probably he figured out I would leave once I found out we got an approval because I know he had no idea about his dad giving me custody yet.’
‘This guy is heartless.’ Melisa said angrily and stood up.
Stella held her down since she was the closes to her at that moment.
‘Let it go, Grissel isn’t complaining.’
‘Yes, let him be. He’s just selfish but I know he’s confused too.’ Grissel sounded unsure.
Just then Shirley came out again with her numerous questions.
‘Hey, where did you get this from?’ Stella asked Dani when she walked closer with yet another frown.
‘Daddy’s safe. I saw him crying and locking it up the last time she and mommy had a fight.’
Grissel looked up at her daughter. ‘Why didn’t you say anything?’
‘I thought he would stop yelling at me but he didn’t.’ She complained.
‘So you decided to pay him back.’
‘Yes and don’t get angry because I know was wrong.’ She said sadly.
‘I’m glad you know. Come here,’ Grissel took her on to her laps.’ I’m sorry, you have to witness a lot of quarrels but it would be over soon.’
‘I trust you mommy but why is the food taking long?’
‘Your dad should be done by now.’ Just then there came a loud bang from one of the rooms as if someone dropped a plate.
They all questioned each other with their eyes. ‘I thi..nk I should check o…….’
Melisa said when that was all she wanted to do since Dane came back with the mango Juice.
‘Yes you should.’ Grissel concluded for Melisa who stood up heading towards the kitchen.
Grissel picked up a copy of the custody letter and the divorce paper they signed. She kept a copy in the envelope and instructed Shirley to keep the envelope at where she found it and keep the other copy in her bag.
Shirley rushed off after poking her mother’s nose playfully.
‘Make sure daddy doesn’t see you with it.’
‘Okay mommy but can I call my friends now without your supervision.’
‘Emm, yes but for only today.’
‘Got it mommy.’ She said and vanished inside.
‘Was that your sister earlier? Clive asked Tom. The guys decided to go to his end and cheer him up.
‘Yes, ‘He responded checking his laptop where he made his transfer earlier.
‘The only lady in your life I haven’t succeeded in sleeping with yet.’ He laughed mischievously.
Mike joined in the laughter and Austin was irritated.
Tom raised up his head slowly as if what he said hit some nerves. ‘What did you say?’
‘I mean every lady that came into your life I have made a move on but your sister is different.
Tom gave him a hot slap on the face. Clive repeated himself earlier because he felt Grissel wasn’t in the picture anymore so it was alright blabbing about it.
‘Ouch, man. What was that for?’
‘Don’t disrespect me in my house?’
‘But I haven’t done anything wrong here.’ Clive retorted.
‘Keep talking about girls around me and I would give you another slap.’ He relaxed back on the couch while the other two friends watched them both and later busted into a hilarious laughter.
Clive kept touching his face. ‘What are you two laughing at?’
‘Nothing. You deserve it Clive.’ Austin replied him while Tom coiled back on his couch.
‘Keep laughing, you will get your own slap when he finds out you like Grissel.’ He said angrily. Clive hates to be teased.
Tom raised himself up and stared at them one after the other. ‘I thought I made it clear I don’t want to hear that name in this house.’ He said angrily.
‘Tom relax, I’m sure Clive didn’t mean what he said.’ Mike decided to end the war approaching.
‘Why I’m I the only one at fault here when you both were laughing at me earlier?’ He asked yet with rage.
‘Because you are a coward Clive.’ Austin chipped in.
‘What did you say?’ Clive stood up when Tom hit his shoulder and pinned him down.
‘Allow him to come closer. I should have killed him when I found out he tried to rape Grissel.’ Austin suddenly said out of rage.
The whole room went quiet all of a sudden and before they knew it Tom was holding his laptop. He zoomed on him and hit Clive so hard yet again in the face.
‘Get out now?’ He yelled when Mike held him back.
‘Calm down. Who knows maybe Austin is bluffing.’ Mike looking at Clive whose face was battered with blood.
‘Mike you know me, I don’t bluff. You remember the lady he said hurt him with the wine bottle.’
‘OMG that was Grissel.’ Mike gasped.
‘I confronted them both and Grissel was just trying to prevent Tom from hurting Clive.’
‘This douche bag took advantage of my absence to abuse my wife and you didn’t think it was necessary to let me know.’ Tom raged, obviously referring to Austin.
‘As if you haven’t raped your own wife before.’ Clive said from where he sat nursing his bleeding face.
‘What did you say?’ Tom struggled to be free from Mike’s arm but he was not going to let that happen.
‘Austin, you caused all these. Come and help me hold him down.’ Mike asked of him.
‘Clive started it.’ Austin replied him while standing up.
‘I know but right now isn’t the time to say all these.’
‘When is the right time? It’s too much a secret to keep anyway.’ Austin answered angrily.
Tom who was in Mike’s arm yelled. ‘Everyone should get out before I lose it.’ He managed to sneak out of Mike’s grasp and walked away from them.
The guys advised themselves and left before he came back with a knife. When he didn’t find them, he dropped to the couch clasping his hands on his head crying.
After a few minutes he reached out for his phone and dialed Stella’s number but it was busy as Dani was on conference call with her friends at that same time.
He knew calling Melisa would be a mistake. He stared at the knife and the whole room went dull all of a sudden.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
Eps 31

Melisa leaned against the kitchen door and watched him struggle to cook and clean the mess on the floor at the same time. She stood there for a while unnoticed then she decided to scoff.
‘’Hey,’ Dane said and took off his gaze.
Melisa did not move an inch neither did she utter a word. He ignored her and went about what he was doing for a few minutes before she walked closer.
‘Let me do that.’ She said asking for the knife to cut out the vegetables when he seemed to be tired or nervous because she was around.
He looked back at her and used the napkin on his shoulder to wipe his forehead which was drenching in sweat. Dane knew he needed help because he has never been that nervous with cooking especially when Dani started growing up without her mother he was the one responsible for her meals.
‘Okay, I will just wash up while you finish the garnishing.’ He said and gave her the knife with shaky hands.
Melisa laughed in her head which he was fumbling and at the same time she pitied him.
She chopped the vegetables just the way she liked them and quickly added it to the sauce while Dane kept stealing glances while washing.
‘I’m sorry I hurt you.’ He said quietly.
Melisa decided to ignore him but she also knew he needs to know she has moved on.
‘D, I’ve moved on so let it go.’
‘Alright but you should know I’ve made things right with Grissel and she’s free to leave anytime.’
‘I know about all that.’ She told him and went about fetching plates for their lunch which he took forever to cook.
They ignored each other until they were both done with what was necessary at that point.
‘I miss you.’ He drew her closer in an embrace all of a sudden from where he was earlier which seemed liked he was not going to let go anytime soon.
Surprisingly, Melisa held on as well. Dane thought she was going to push him away but she didn’t.
They held on to each other for a few more minutes until their heads were knocking each other and they found their lips.
Melisa knew she had to stop after a few minutes but she missed his touch. Their lips were clenched to each other and just when they were enjoying their moments Grissel came knocking.
‘I’m hungry, can I have my food first while you two continue where you stopped.’ She said laughing while Melisa felt embarrassed.
‘Emmm it’s done. I would serve now.’ She walked away from Dane who was smiling as if he just won a lottery.
Grissel smacked Melisa and left smiling. Melisa quickly got the food ready and left him still smiling.
They had their lunch and left when it was almost late in the evening as they had a few wedding plans to sort out. Dane was hoping he would see Melisa before she left but she left unannounced without Dani because she slept off after lunch. Dane convinced himself what happened in the kitchen earlier would save their broken relationship.
To be continued

3 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by skubido(m): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2018
Tanks boss
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by izaray(f): 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nice one, tnks!
Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by mercyymai(f): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
I already read up to episodes 37-38 at their website. Youngicee.com, and also enjoy more stories. I am currently reading 3 other interesting stories there too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE – EPISODE 32
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved.
Melisa angrily pulled out five blocks away from Tom’s house. It was already dark when they arrived on the main road.
‘Just get out and find your way there.’ She told Stella who had a distress call from Tom earlier.
Stella suggested they should check on him but Melisa was of the view that Tom needs to grow up.
‘But Lisa you heard how he sounded on the phone earlier. Why aren’t you worried?’
‘You think I’m not?’
‘Yeah, if you were you wouldn’t drop me off in the middle of nowhere.’
‘Tom was bluffing and if you keep pampering him, he would never grow up. Grissel did the same thing and see where it landed them both.’
‘But this is your brother Lisa.’
‘So?’ Melisa asked looking back on the road.
‘Suit yourself. I would walk alone in the dark.’ Stella said and got out of the car angrily.
Melisa drove off without looking back.
She was a few minutes away from where she dropped off Stella earlier when her phone rang.
It was Grissel. She gasped and her conscience pricked her.
‘Hello, I’m almost home.’ Melisa said slowing down.
‘Lisa what is going on?’ Grissel asked when she answered.
‘Is something going on?’ She asked with pretense lacing her voice.
‘Ella called.’
‘Tom is fine Grissel.’
‘What happened to Tom?’
‘I thought you said Ella called.’
‘Yes, but she didn’t mention Tom.’
‘Oh okay. Let me get home and call you back.’
‘What is going on? I can feel something is wrong.’
‘Nothing is wrong, just relax and don’t work yourself up.’
‘I don’t believe you right now Lisa.’
‘Stella and I had a misunderstanding and I dropped her off to walk home, that was why she called you.’
‘What? At this time of the night?’
‘She was misbehaving and I had to.’
‘Can you pick her up?’
‘She should get a car by now?’
‘She sounded worried when I called.’ Grissel was obviously worried.
‘Okay, she’s just five blocks away from Tom’s.’ Melisa said forgetting herself.
‘Tom’s?’ She repeated.
‘Emmm, never mind.’ She said and hanged up quickly to avoid further questions.
Grissel who had no idea she hanged up kept yelling over the phone when Dane knocked on her door and peeped in.
‘Are you fine?’ He asked when his eyes caught Grissel on her bed with her phone.
‘I’m fine.’ She said once and took her eyes off him.
‘Alright, can I grab you anything?’
‘We are not friends Dane.’
‘I would go now.’ He replied sadly and was closing the door when she called him back.
‘You need to sit your daughter down one of these days. She hates you now.’
‘Would that change anything? She only listens to you these days.’
‘Just try, I would be at peace knowing she gave you a listening ear and the rest we can work it out later.’ She was being her calm self at that moment.
‘We?’
‘Yes, in as much as I resent you now, I still think having a daughter with you wasn’t a mistake.’
‘Thank you but are you staying with us? He asked
‘We are done here.’ Grissel told him and focused back on her phone.
Dane walked out quietly towards Dani’s room and met her struggling to sleep and at the same time a talking in her sleep. He walked up to her and cuddled her to sleep until she was able to sleep.
‘Get in,’ Melisa rolled her glass after blowing her horn several times and Stella was kept walking.
She pulled up, for her to know she was the one.
‘Aaahh it was just you.’
‘Yeah, just hop in.’
She didn’t hesitate because she was scared walking on that street alone.
‘I was scared when I saw your head light directly on me.’
‘Sorry I left you behind.’
‘That’s okay, I knew you would come back for me.’
‘Let’s talk first before I drive off.’
‘Ooh Ooh, Grissel called herself and I didn’t tell her anything.’ She thought that was why Melisa made her earlier comment.
‘I know and she’s the reason I came back.’ Melisa slowly said.
‘Okay, what’s the problem then?’ Stella questioned curiously.
Melisa looked at her and drove off. ‘Is there going to be a problem between you and Grissel when it comes to Tom?’
‘No, and if it’s about earlier you should know I’m just worried about a friend.’
‘A friend?’
‘Yes, I know what you mean but it’s not like that anymore.’
‘How is it like then because I don’t understand why you should run to his aid anytime he feels like being lazy?’
‘I don’t know, it just happens. Trust me, I’m trying my best here and for the fact that I’ve not slept with him yet should tell you I’m doing my best.’ Stella swallowed hard. ‘You of all people should understand.’
‘Good, you deserve some accolades.’ Melisa smiled.
‘Thank you Lisa.’
‘It’s okay, now let’s go.’ She sped off and smacked Stella’s hand off her jaw.
They laughed and drove off to Tom’s apartment which was just a few blocks away.
When they got there the gate wasn’t locked yet which was unusual. They packed their car along the road and entered. The main door to his hall was widely opened.
Stella’s heart skipped and fear registered on Melisa’s face.
Just then they heard shouts and noises so they rushed in. Their met Tom standing with his hands on his head watching a match between Germany and Argentina.
It seemed his team was losing that was what the shout earlier was about.
As if on cue Stella and Melisa glanced at each other.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
EPS 32 cont'd

Stella’s phone rang drawing Tom’s attention to them.
‘Lisa, Stella, we are winning!’ He exclaimed happily as if he was expecting them.
For a minute Melisa thought she was in the wrong apartment when she noticed the bottle of beers surrounding him.
‘Gosh Tom. You are abusing the beer.’ She said walking closer while Stella hanged up when she realized it was Grissel.
‘I’m not, I took just a few bottles. Stella Join me.’ He gestured to her.
Stella realized he wasn’t in any danger and he wasn’t drunk either. That kind of fun is what she needed at that moment.
She hurriedly left Melisa standing and jumped on the couch beside him grabbing a beer while Melisa looked on.
She also decided to settle for the beer and join them celebrate their team when it turned out Stella was a football fan as well. Melisa feared those two were getting along too well which could destroy whatever Grissel had for Tom. Her thoughts were filled with a million questions which she wasn’t going to find answers to.
‘Guys, why don’t we plan this wedding alongside watching the match.
Tom looked at Stella who gave him a go ahead.
He turned the volume of the TV to the lowest and they began their planning.
Tom didn’t notice the many times he had made mention of Grissel and how they went about their own planning some months back.
It made both ladies happy to see him smiling when he mentioned her.
They did a few other stuff which ended up late in the night. Tom insisted they slept over. He was drunk and they didn’t want to leave him alone.
Melisa woke up the whole time to check if Stella was still in bed with her and whether the key to their room was still under her pillow.
Melisa just didn’t know how to trust Stella hence she locked the door to the room they both slept and kept the key hidden.
Grissel and Melisa had been talking every day since the day she left their cabin. It has always been one pregnancy advice after the other and to add to it, Grissel had a lot of needs for the wedding. Melisa ended up extorting money from her brother who didn’t understand why he has to be the one paying for her wedding.
It has been a fun week with Tom around and Melisa on the other hand had been avoiding her dad and auntie since Sculley reached out to them about the wedding. She stayed back at Tom’s when Stella left the next day. She’s either out of the house with Paige early in the morning to get the venue and other stuff sorted out or with Stella. The only time she’s seen back at Tom’s was late in the night.
Tom didn’t want to interfere in her sisters decision because he felt she was so happy going about the whole planning so when Julia and Gina stormed into the house that dawn to drag her out of the house to Morris end he pretended not to be in the house until they had left with Melisa.
‘Lisa, can I talk to you for a minute?’ Morris called her out. They were all gathered in his apartment. He didn’t want to complicate things in the midst of Sculley and his son.
Morris wasn’t so sure about the impromptu wedding when Sculley called him up four days ago. He called Julia who said she had no idea there was a wedding coming up but suspected Melisa was pregnant.
Melisa frowned her face and dragged her feet on the floor after her dad. Earlier that morning, Julia and Gina had to drag her out of the house to her dads end because she claimed it wasn’t necessary to give his dad an explanation as to why she wants to get married at thirty-five.
Bryan and his dad looked on while she went out to meet her dad. When asked that morning if they both were sure, Melisa avoided the question for a while before she responded with a nod.
She saw her dad leaning on the balcony and she walked closer.
‘I’m here.’ She said with an angry tone.
‘Where’s your brother?’
‘How should I know where Tom is?’
‘You should know since he’s in support of this whole wedding game.’
‘It’s not a game dad. It’s your only daughter’s wedding so embrace it.’
He glanced at her angrily and then let out a sigh. ‘Okay, is this what you want?’
‘Yes, and I thought you wanted Sculley Junior for me, what happened to that dream of yours.’
‘Is this some kind of a payback for leaving your mom?’ He asked painfully because he felt Melisa wasn’t thinking right.
‘Dad, payback at my own expense?’
‘Yes, because you are not thinking right at the moment.’
‘Seriously this is happening not because I want to pay you back but because I’m happy doing this.’
‘But it’s too early and unplanned?’
‘It’s better now than holding on and besides I’m starting work soon.’
‘You are going back to being a doctor?’
‘Yeah, I thought I told you.’
‘No, come here.’ He drew her closer into his arms. ‘Congratulations Princess.’ That at least calmed him down.
‘Thank you and please let me go before I start crying.’ Morris released her from his arms quickly and looked into her eyes smiling.
‘Are you pregnant?’
‘Huh, no. Don’t pay any attention to Auntie.’ She told him.
‘Alright but you are warm.’
‘Oh that? I have a headache right now.’ Melisa replied feeling her temperature.
‘Then I should let you get some rest before tomorrow.’
‘Thank you daddy and be there on time just in case Tom doesn’t show up to walk me down the aisle.’
They went back in to finalize whatever was left. Julia may not be in support of the rush wedding but she smiled through it all.
Julia dropped her off at the venue where Melisa said the wedding would be happening. Paige and Stella were already there waiting for them when she got there.
She suspected something was off about how Melisa was pushing her away. Julia knew they both had plans for her wedding and Melisa asking her to stay out of it now that it was happening was unusual. She drove off sadly and Gina looked on sternly.
‘Is she here yet?’ She inquired when they entered the hotel room.
‘No, I’ve been calling and she’s not answering.’ Stella replied.
‘Let me try Dane.’ Melisa said and went off.
‘I thought you don’t want him to know you are getting married.’ Paige chipped in.
‘Yes, but it’s necessary for Grissel to be here this evening.’
‘Call Jessy to talk to her if she won’t listen to any of us.’ Stella interrupted.
‘I don’t know why you two are forcing her to be here but its okay if she doesn’t want to be part of your lives anymore.’
‘What would you have us do when she’s pregnant for Tom?’ Melisa asked Paige.
‘Emm, it’s good you are worried but let’s not force her right now.’ Paige said again.
Melisa rolled her eyes at her and proceeded in dialing Jessy’s number.
After telling her everything which she was angry at point for not being told from the start assured them she would talk to her. Melisa called out Grissel’s new number to her and hanged up.
Melisa went to sleep leaving the work for Stella and Paige who demanded to be paid after their services.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
That morning as well Grissel was behind the door listening to father and daughter have their conversation. She was happy Dane listened to him when she asked him to at the same time her daughters concerns were genuine.
‘But daddy, why were you that mean to mommy and I?’
‘I don’t know princess and I’m really sorry.’
‘Okay, I would think about it.’ She said staring at her dad’s face.
Dane laughed which confused her. ‘Emmm princess, mommy won’t like it if you don’t forgive me.’
She looked up at him and with one finger in her mouth she smiled. ‘Emm daddy, maybe there’s one thing you can do for me first.’
‘Anything you want princess.’
‘Can you make mommy happy again. She’s sad all the time.’
Danes face went from pale to dull then he smiled.
‘But princess, mommy doesn’t want me around.’
‘It’s because you are not trying harder.’ She frowned.
‘I have tried everything from being nice to breakfast.’
‘Dadd…dddy,’ She stressed. Breakfast won’t cut it.’
‘Then what would? Can you help me?’ He asked his daughter with all seriousness, he thought Grissel had forgiven him due to her reaction when Melisa and Stella were around but she went back to her old angry self.
‘I know you still like Melisa but can’t we all stay as one big family together with mommy.’ She asked smiling.
Dane didn’t understand what she said at first so he was in deep thoughts until reality hit him.
He thought for a while because he’s not so sure which language to speak for her to understand. Dane shook his head and smiled too.
‘No, you can’t have two mothers in the same house.’
‘But I love them all.’ She said with frustration.
‘Yes but daddy doesn’t love them all, he only loves Melisa.’
‘I love Melisa too but my mommy is always going to be my mommy and I want her around the house.’ She was getting irritated.’ We have a very big house which she hasn’t seen yet and my friends are waiting to see her.’
Dane saw the frustration on her daughter’s face and knew she’s just being a kid like every other child and she’s the only one hurting in the midst of all these.
At that moment, Dane was not so sure Grissel would still want to go back with them though he wished she could since Melisa still hasn’t called him back yet. He contemplated on what to tell her for a while as Dani was obviously waiting for an answer from him.
‘I’m sorry princess, we can only have one mommy in our house.’
‘Then my mommy should come with us and I can see Lisa on vacations.’
‘No, she can’t princess.’
‘But isn’t that why we left Uncle Tom crying the last time.’ She was almost near tears.
‘Yes, but things have changed Dani.’
‘No, don’t tell me that. You are being mean to us again.’
She threw tantrums and laid back on her bed crying. And Dane was helpless as she cried.
He heard a faint knock and turned. It was Grissel gesturing him to come out.
‘Princess, can you excuse me.’
‘Don’t come back, I hate you right now.’ She threw her pillows at him one after the other.
‘Stop it before I smack you.’ He flared up raising his hands which he didn’t intend to do at first.
Grissel peeped in again with a stern look and he knew he had over stepped his boundaries again.
Dane left quietly obviously broken and near tears. He went out and saw Grissel pacing around with her phone swinging. She was obviously nervous.
‘Hey, you asked me o…..’
‘I would leave with you to Dallas.’
‘Huh’! He exclaimed and jaw dropped.
‘Can we leave today because I don’t want to spend any more time here in Seattle?’
‘But you wa……’
‘Is it possible you start organizing things already?’ She told him obviously asking him to save his breathe.
‘Al..ri.. ght.’ He stuttered with a confused face on.
‘Good, tell your daughter the good news. I have to get some sleep now.’ She said and was walking away when he called her back.
‘Grissel?’
‘Ahuh,’ she turned around.
‘Are you sure this is the right thing to do?’ He asked though his heart was leaping with joy.
‘Do you want an honest answer or a fake one? She threw back at him.
‘An honest one.’ He replied with a scratch on his head.
‘I don’t like you right now and I’m not sure when my heart would finally be free of the pain you’ve caused me’ She paused and feigned a smile ‘but I just want to grant my daughter her wishes. She deserves that after what she’s been through lately.’ She masked her pain carefully.
‘You don’t have to do this?’ Dane muttered.
‘Why? You think you have another chance with Melisa?’
He nodded. ‘Yes, I think so.’
Grissel laughed mischievously. ‘You are naive Dane. That was goodbye kiss.’ She teased.
He became embarrassed and sadness filled his heart. He quickly put on a smiling face which confused Grissel.
‘That’s okay, at least Dani gets one of her wishes.’ He smiled through his own pain as well.
‘Good, so get to work already and please I don’t have any obligations towards you.’
‘I know that Grissel but is it possible if we postpone it to tomorrow because I was in the midst of selling the house in Dallas so I could move here wit…..’
‘With Melisa? Oh come on Reed, you don’t even have a house right now.’
‘I haven’t signed the contract yet.’
‘You can always get a new place.’ She replied him nicely.
No, Dani loves her playground.’
‘Just explain to her why you had to sell because I can’t spend the weekend here in Seattle.’
‘Please, just be patience with me.’ He pleaded.
‘Alright, when is it possible for us to move out?’
‘I could go today and sort it out so I come back and pick you and Dani tomorrow evening.’
‘Tomorrow is Sunday.’ She said with a sad tone.
‘Yes, is there a problem?’
‘No, just come back early.’
‘Okay, would you two be alright in here alone.’
‘Just go already Reed.’ She said sternly and rushed back into her room holding her breath after closing the door behind her. She rushed into the washroom as she was feeling nauseous earlier.
Grissel threw up instantly and her sobs could be heard outside.
Dane couldn’t help himself with his own tears. He kept wiping his face until Dani came out.
She rushed to the door and knocked but Grissel didn’t want her daughter to see her that way.
‘Daddy, did you hurt her again.’
‘No, we were just talking an….
He wasn’t finished when Grissel opened the door letting her daughter in. She managed to hold herself back from the tears and her eyes were clear when she came out to meet Shirley.
‘Mommy, is my brother okay.’
‘Yes, I think so.’ She rubbed her belly instantly as if she forgot she was pregnant.
‘Can I?’ Dani asked politely referring to touching her belly. Grissel reached out for her hands on her stomach and Shirley rejoiced.

1 Like

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
EPS 32 cont'd

‘So you see, your brother would be just fine.’ Grissel encouraged.
‘Mommy, do you love me?’ Shirley asked suddenly.
‘Yes of course. You don’t even need to ask.’
‘Then why did you change your mind of moving away with us.’
‘Who said I changed my mind?’
You didn’t?’
No, we are leaving to Dallas’s tomorrow and that was why your daddy traveled this morning to sort things out.’
‘Yaay, my mom to the world.’ She was much happier when Grissel told her, they would be moving to Dallas tomorrow.
Dane left the house that morning with a few of their stuff to the airport.
He was sad at a point but he also knew having her daughter’s mother around would actually be the best thing for her right now.
Grissel decided to nap after she tried to call Tom several times and his phone was off. She wanted to say her goodbyes and inform him about the pregnancy. Her phone rang and she picked up without checking the number as she still had sleep on her face.
She covered up Shirley who was napping beside her quietly and greeted the caller.
‘Hello.’ She said twice before the caller spoke up.
‘So you are this stupid.’ Jessy announced.
‘Jessy!’ She exclaimed. ‘How did you get this number?’
‘You can run but not hide.’ She told her obviously angry and at the same time happy.
‘I’m sorry, I couldn’t wait for you before taking that decision.’
‘Good, but it’s not too late to come back home.’ Jessy informed her.
‘It is too late Jessy, I’ve decided to leave with Dane tomorrow.’
‘Grissel, why do you keep on repeating the same mistake all over again? Are you alright up there?’
‘I know what I’m doing is wrong but Shirley doesn’t understand anything yet and I feel like I failed her a second time.’
‘So you leave with Dane with Tom’s pregnancy?’
‘Who told you that?’ Grissel asked with surprise.
‘Walls have ears Grissel but this time we are not going to allow you embarrass us again.’
‘We?’ She asked and knew at that point Melisa must have told everyone she was pregnant even after she promised not to.
‘Yes, Adam is here.’
‘You told him?’
‘Of course, my husband seems to be in support of every silly mistake you make.’
‘Jessy, I don’t want to talk to Adam and besides I know Tom, he would make me regret coming over to ask for forgiveness.’
‘So you would rather not tell him he’s going to be a father?’
‘That’s not even my problem.’
‘What is the problem then?’ Jessy asked flaring up.
‘Coming back into his life could either bring us back together or stir up his other side.’ Grissel complained.
‘I’m much aware of his other side so come on. I would be there the whole time.’
‘Jessy, No. I’ve settled everything with Dane already.’
‘I understand you can leave anytime so why is it so difficult for you to leave and work things out unless there’s something you are not telling us.’
‘There’s nothing Jessy, I just don’t want to complicate things further.’
‘So you are not coming?’
‘No, I prefer my life out of Seattle now.’ Grissel swallowed hard.
‘Adam, would you leave that TV remote and help me out here.’ Jessy yelled out from her end.
Adam quickly left what he was doing and rushed over, he knew how Jessy could make an issue of everything once she’s pissed off.
Grissel heard Jessy yelling out on Adam. She knew it was her fault she had to yell at him so she thought of hanging up when Adam spoke into the phone.
Grissel always paid attention anytime Adam was speaking. After his questions and her numerous answers he told her to think about what he said and hanged up.
She sighed heavily and was in deep thoughts when Shirley woke up hungry.

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/BLEMISHED-love

2 Likes

Re: Blemished Love By Loudest Thoughts by Oyinprince(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
BLEMISHED LOVE EPISODE 33
© Loudest Thoughts 2018
All Rights Reserved.
Adam drove to Grissel’s end and succeeded on convincing her to come over as that would be a perfect opportunity for her to see Tom. She knew that was her initial plan with Melisa but she had already given her word to Shirley who was angry at her and Adam when they were at the cabin.
After a long talk with her and Adam promising her a phone she had agreed to leave with them. Though Grissel thought her daughter shouldn’t always have to get something in return for good deeds, she also knew it was necessary for them to leave before Dane gets back.
She thought about Dane’s reaction when he gets back and the door has been locked but she knew where to keep the key for him to find.
Grissel hesitated for a while before beckoning on Adam to knock. Everyone jumped on her like children do.
‘Please don’t hurt my baby.’ Grissel pleaded.
‘Oh sorry.’ Paige muttered and they all withdrew their hugs.
Dani must have heard their voices in her sleep so she woke up.
‘Mommy, is Lisa’s wedding over?’ Dani asked in her sleep. She was resting on Adam’s shoulder.
‘No, I’m here princess.’ Melisa said walking closer to take her from Adam whose phone has been ringing since they left the cabin.
The sleep suddenly vanished from her face as she was staring at Melisa.
‘I don’t have a dress for the wedding.’
‘I got one for you and mommy.’ Melisa pointed at the dress hanging on the wardrobe.
‘That’s so pretty.’ She struggled to be put down and rushed towards the dress.
‘Don’t dirty anything there?’ Her mom said sternly.
‘Come with me.’ Stella said to her when she paused on Grissel’s stern warning.
‘Okay, that’s the tenth time. Your sister wants me home.’
‘Thank you Adam,’ she reached out for a hug.
‘I would see you guys in the morning.’
‘Sure, don’t forget to pray.’ He read out from his phone.
‘That’s from Jessy I guess.’ Paige chipped in. Everyone forgot she was in the room.
‘Hi, Paige. Thanks for agreeing to this crazy girl’s plan.’ Grissel smacked Melisa gently and they all laughed.
Adam left after a few minutes and the ladies proceeded in sorting out what was left for the next day.
‘Lisa, is Uncle Tom going to be here tomorrow?’ She suddenly asked leaving the whole room so quiet.
‘Yes, why did you ask Princess?’ Stella asked quickly when the rest were lost in their thoughts to even ask.
‘Because he wasn’t answering mommy’s call earlier today.’
‘Shirley, did you use my airtime again?’ Grissel knew that was the only way she could have known.
‘Just a little bit mommy. Sorry, I didn’t ask.’ She pleaded with her tiny hands on her forehead.
‘Move to the next room now?’ Grissel instructed and she got up lazily.
‘Wow, you were actually calling Tom.’ Stella enquired.
‘Yes, wanted to inform him about the baby before we leave for Dallas.’
‘I heard about Dallas, and it nearly broke me.’ Stella muttered uncomfortably.
‘I’ve hurt him Ella. How do I face him?’
‘You were calling him and I think that’s the same thing as facing him.’ Paige chipped in.
‘Facing him and his wrath is different than him yelling over the phone.’
‘But you’ve stayed with this man for close to eight months and you still think he is capable of hurting you.’
‘Yes,’ she muttered unclearly. ‘I don’t know Paige.’
‘Why did you marry him in the first place?’ Paige asked expecting from her to admit Tom wasn’t capable of hurting her.
‘Because he told me he would never hurt me.’
‘Good and has he ever laid his hands on you?’ Paige who didn’t know the other instances where she was raped and nearly strangled to death kept pushing.
‘Paige, the interrogation is over.’ Melisa feigned a smile.
‘Okay madam.’ Paige teased.
‘And oh Tom is just in the next room.’ Melisa said for fun.
Grissel gasped and that very moment a knock came on the door. She stood up abruptly from the bed where she laid with her legs on Stella.
‘Relax, Lisa was joking.’ Stella calmed her down while Melisa laughed walking towards the door.
She opened the door still laughing and teasing Grissel when the door hit her face and Julia entered.
‘I knew you three were hiding something.’ She said literally jumping up towards Grissel. Gina came through the door after the whole noise dragging their hand luggage.
‘Aunty, what are you two doing here?’ Melisa questioned while Gina walked towards Grissel, giving her a warm hug.
‘A sleep over.’
‘Huh!’ Paige exclaimed.
‘You three thought, you can outsmart two equally young women.’ Julia teased.
‘But aunty, this meeting is for ladies.’ Melisa frowned.
‘We are here to stay.’ She glanced at Gina and Grissel who were still in each other’s arms.
Their hug lasted for a while until Grissel sneezed.
‘Are you okay?’ Her mom asked.
‘Your perfume.’ She answered sitting back on the bed.
‘Yes, the same one I’ve been using since you started growing up.’
‘Mommy, should I come out.’ Shirley hid herself behind the curtain waiting for Grissel’s approval.
‘I forgot you were still in there.’ She beckoned on her to come.
Shirley run to Gina first then to Julia. She was all over the place.
They all got talking about the wedding and how Tom was going to react when he meets Grissel.
‘Are you pregnant?’ Gina suddenly asked staring at her daughter.
‘Me?’ Grissel pointed to herself awkwardly.
‘Who else?’ Julia chipped in.
‘Emm, no.’
‘Mommy you lied.’ Shirley laughed.
‘Thank you Shirley for that honest answer.’ Melisa cheered her on.
Gina sat beside her on the bed and Grissel shifted uncomfortably. ‘You don’t want me to know you are going to have a baby or what is going through your mind right now?’ Gina asked with a raised tone and everyone looked away.
‘Sorry mom, I was just embarrassed.’
‘Embarrassed you have a blessing growing inside you?’
‘No, this is not how I planned to have another baby.’ She responded with her face down the whole time.
‘Tom would obviously make a scene tomorrow but he would never throw you out.
‘I know I deserve every bit of what might happen tomorrow.’
‘So just keep quiet and let him rant, he’s human just like any of us here.’
‘Yes mom.’ Grissel replied calmly.
‘Good, you can stop shying away from me now because I could just smack you.’
Grissel raised up her head and noticed everyone was looking at her.
‘I’m sorry mom. You told me lying is wrong.’ Shirley covered her mom’s face with her palms.
Stella noticed the tension in the room and scoffed while everyone tensed up.
‘It’s okay Shirley, it’s bed time.’ Melisa finally stood up dragging her away.
‘Congratulations Grissel,’ Julia came over checking her out.
‘Thank you Aunty.’ She tried to smile but it kept disappearing.
Her mom just gave her a scare so she was in no mood to chat. They all retired to bed late waiting for the next day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. / Melina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 450
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.