Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

I Saw This Video & Thought Of The Government: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saw This Video & Thought Of The Government: (536 Views)

What I Saw At A Rich Politician's Party. / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Saw This Video & Thought Of The Government: by AntKenny: 10:14am On May 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBdVnugVyE

When I think of the Nigerian government; this video above springs to mind. Not so much for the music, but for how it showcases the ‘height of laziness.
Most of the industries in Nigeria were created by the British before they handed independence in 1960. Since then, not much has been created. Our fathers, mothers, uncles etc. are still occupying those jobs.

Finding oil so soon after independence, only made matters worse. It made the government lazy.There is little incentive to be creative or promoting entrepreneur-ship. When the British textile, steel and car industry began to dry up, they diversified and went into providing services. When the oil eventually runs out, it will be interesting to see how the government responds; if at all.

http://antslittlethoughts..com/

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Should Relocate Ministries To The Niger Delta / Ekiti Pdp Accuses Ac Of Plan To Import Kidnappers / Should Jonathan Contest? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.