Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? (864 Views)

Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) / What Do you think regarding BINGO DOG FEED / Woman Thinks It’s Just An Ordinary Alligator, Then She Sees This Huge Thing..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Celsony: 10:26pm On May 07, 2018
It was caught in the surrounding bush/farm in my PPA last week thursday, tied to a rope & hung on the tree till today & it is still alive.
A baby tortois i think, the size of my palm. But a staff in the school said it is not a tortois, is he right?

tongue cheesy
Food is served, for all my fellow Nigerians that dont see bushmeat with there korokoro eyes.
cheesy

Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 07, 2018
Treat animals with care and respect

1 Like

Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by MichaelBukamzy(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2018
Not a tortoise but an elephant.
grin
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 07, 2018
Treat animals with care and respect

Call it whatever you want but be gentle with all animals
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:36pm On May 07, 2018
this is a tortoise, turtle live in water and its feet is flappy in nature to aide swimming
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Celsony: 10:40pm On May 07, 2018
The funny thing is that i never even touched it, the staff who caught it said it, besides he submitted d tortois to d science lab.
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by emeijeh(m): 11:01pm On May 07, 2018
That's curtois, the Chelsea goalkeeper
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Celsony: 11:27pm On May 07, 2018
emeijeh:
That's curtois, the Chelsea goalkeeper

Hahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Eveezy(m): 3:05am On May 08, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:
this is a tortoise, turtle live in water and its feet is flappy in nature to aide swimming
So what u re seeing doesn't ve a flabby feet?
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by kushlord: 7:32am On May 08, 2018
Eveezy:

can't see d feet, dats a tortoise tho cuz a turtle only comes to shore to lay eggs.. they dont stay long outside water.. if it was a turtle e for don dey smell by now.. since thursday?
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by OlujobaSamuel: 7:43am On May 08, 2018
Eveezy:

I dont think so, also the head is short when stretched out of its shell, turtle head is kinda longer than that.
Turtle shell will also looks darker as it is not usually expose to the sun because it stay virtually inside water.
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Eveezy(m): 10:18am On May 08, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

I dont think so, also the head is short when stretched out of its shell, turtle head is kinda longer than that.
Turtle shell will also looks darker as it is not usually expose to the sun because it stay virtually inside water.
The shell looks like dt of a turtle to me, plus Dere re a number of reason why d shell isn't darker, could Camera or d fact dt it has stayed in d light for long, a tortoise has a kind of stump like feet whereas dis one doesn't, it's full head might not be outside for a number of reason as well, could be shyness or the water it retained has reduced
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Baroba(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2018
Swamp terrapins.. They are aquatic and semi aquatic, you find them mostly on streams.People mistake them for tortoise but they are not.

Just let the poor thing go, there is likely to be a muddy stream nearby where it was caught, kindly find it and just let it go..How much meat are you going to get out of this..

I had these as a pet when I was young, they can comfortably survive on land, but they prefer basking around muddy waters..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_mud_turtle
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Baroba(m): 12:01pm On May 08, 2018
Re: Tortois? Someone Thinks Otherwise. What Do You Think? by Eveezy(m): 2:02pm On May 08, 2018
Baroba:
Swamp terrapins.. They are aquatic and semi aquatic, you find them mostly on streams.People mistake them for tortoise but they are not.

Just let the poor thing go, there is likely to be a muddy stream nearby where it was caught, kindly find it and just let it go..How much meat are you going to get out of this..

I had these as a pet when I was young, they can comfortably survive on land, but they prefer basking around muddy waters..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_mud_turtle
Exactly, they are not tortoise, these ones needs a wet habitat

(1) (Reply)

Get Ready 2018 Boerboel Appraisal / Letting Go My GSD Puppies At Negotiable Price / Pure Breed Male Caucasian Ovcharka Needed For STUD SERVICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.