Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,170 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System (10150 Views)

Why Oshiomhole Wants Direct Primary Election – Shaibu, Obaseki’s Deputy / APC Crisis: Okorocha Blows Hot, Warns Oyegun, NWC Members / APC Divided Over Tinubu’s Demand For Oyegun, NWC Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by 12Ebisco: 9:01am On May 08, 2018
Ekiti State governorship aspirant, Chief Segun Oni has petitioned the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun and members of the National Working Committee (NWC) on the botched governorship primary election.

Oni in his petition said the system was compromised. He accused an unnamed aspirant of hijacking the process.

He described the incident on Saturday as direct evidence of corruption and lack of regard for due process by the party’s top echelon.

The petition said: “I greet you all as you search for a way out on the aborted May 5, 2018 governorship primary in Ekiti State. Please allow me to avail you of some of my observations and feelings after a very careful and serious consideration.

“I am making my comments, believing that I am a member of the family who only recently left and who will continue to wish the NWC well as a friend and former colleague.

“The conduct of the Primary election by the Al-Makura led committee was so fundamentally flawed that it became a major embarrassment to Ekiti State and to our dear Party.

“It was obvious that one of the aspirants chose or had very strong input into the choice of the umpires, a situation that is against all known rules of natural justice.

“The primary election was marred by corruption and neglect of due process.

“Many people saw this as a direct evidence of corruption and lack of regard for due process by the Party top echelon. Personally, I feel ashamed for the Party, that I am a part of the charade that took place on Saturday in which contestants were so blatantly taken for a ride.

“It was observed that this particular aspirant had scores of his aides allowed into the voting venue as “observers”, “press” and “officials”, a strange privilege that they exploited to make a complete mess of the process, sparking off the consequential violence that led to the abortion of the whole exercise.

“Frankly, the NWC owes the people of Ekiti State and Nigeria as a whole an unreserved apology for this embarrassing conduct of the primary. How can we be carrying out a very vital exercise of this nature that we all know will be very crucial to our success in Ekiti and subsequent elections and we allowed the process to be so compromised? Is it that as a Party, we are now unable to assure and deploy a non-porous, above board security to cover such a vital event?

“Honestly, we owe Nigerians an explanation and an apology on this. If we are serious about fighting corruption, the earlier the Party recognises it has a vital role to play, the better it will be for us all, the Party and the nation.”

He further advised the NWC to abandon the delegate election system for direct primary.

“In view of what transpired on Saturday and after a very careful reelection on the manipulation and the corruption that manifestly go with delegate election system, I cannot but agree that our Party must no longer touch it even with a long pole.

“The system as clearly demonstrated is fundamentally ?awed and prone to too much abuse. This was amply demonstrated by an individual who was able to hold the entire process to ransom.

“We must move immediately to the direct primary system to save us from this type of embarrassment in future primary elections.

“We clearly have an emergency on our hands as far as our integrity is concerned and we need to move fast to redeem our image and preserve the Party against any further erosion of confidence.

“Please note that even I am an aspirant, I am making these observations in good faith, as one of you who will not shy away from telling the truth.

“Meanwhile, please be assured of my continuing high regard and esteem.”Oni added

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/ekiti-apc-primary-oni-petitions-oyegun.html

1 Like

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Mogidi: 9:03am On May 08, 2018
Oni in his petition said the system was compromised. He accused an unnamed aspirant of hijacking the process.
The unnamed aspirant is one Dr Fayemi.
Meanwhile at the other side of Ekiti, PDP is holding its own primaries. Let's show APC how primaries are conducted.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Baawaa(m): 9:06am On May 08, 2018
Why these people want to kill themselves,because of money they want to steal,God is watching

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by kimjongJezebel: 9:09am On May 08, 2018
Mogidi:

The unnamed aspirant is one Dr Fayemi.
Meanwhile at the other side of Ekiti, PDP is holding its own primaries. Let's show APC how primaries are conducted.

May the Accursed Peoples Congress(APC) die a natural death and may vultures eat their carcasses. Amen

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Mogidi: 9:11am On May 08, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

May the Acurssed Peoples Congress die a natural death and may vultures eat their carcasses. Amen
A resounding... Amen to the above.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Ligang: 9:17am On May 08, 2018
One of the reasons why i gave up on all politicians in Nigeria is why on earth do these old men keep recycling themselves in the corridors of power?

Oni&Fayemi were ex governor of one term each,both should be in thier late 50s& early 60s,what exactly can they do differently now?Both are still enjoying political powers in different capacities but still want to be governor again! God, what have we done to deserve these kind of greedy leaders.

I am not a fan of Fayose,but honestly i rather prefer his candidate win than see Oni or Fayemi in government house again.

18 Likes

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by 2016v2017: 9:23am On May 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Why these people want to kill themselves,because of money they want to steal,God is watching
the group of criminals nicknamed APC will fall to and scatter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by topearos(m): 9:24am On May 08, 2018
Change!!!

"Oni in his petition said the system was compromised. He accused an unnamed aspirant of hijacking the process.

He described the incident on Saturday as direct evidence of corruption and lack of regard for due process by the party’s top echelon."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Samanza89: 9:25am On May 08, 2018
Nothing good can come from a Dullard's house, so what were you expecting? Accept the fate and move on because "No peace for the wicked".... When you have a tyrant at the helm of affairs expect nothing less...

Stop barking!

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by alphaconde(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2018
like the way the life of a deceitful man ends so shall apc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by 2016v2017: 9:26am On May 08, 2018
topearos:
Change!!!

"Oni in his petition said the system was compromised. He accused an unnamed aspirant of hijacking the process.

He described the incident on Saturday as direct evidence of corruption and lack of regard for due process by the party’s top echelon."
APC criminals are like their Oga at Aso Rock

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Baawaa(m): 9:27am On May 08, 2018
2016v2017:

the group of criminals nicknamed APC will fall to and scatter
If you called APC group of criminals what will you call PDP
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by 01mcfadden(m): 9:28am On May 08, 2018
J- Just

K- Keep

F- Failing.

John Kayode Fayemi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by topearos(m): 9:29am On May 08, 2018
2016v2017:

APC criminals are like their Oga at Aso Rock

One stated there's corruption in the system and if I may ask; who are the said "corrupt "?
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by femorocafella: 9:29am On May 08, 2018
Oni calling for another system at this time is such unfortunate thing to do.I strongly believe that if the same process had favoured him ,he would not have called for it.but when he had seen that he would lose the primary ,he quickly ran to call for it abolishment.well whether he likes it or know,the primary will continue with the same process and winner will emerge
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by karounwi5050: 9:35am On May 08, 2018
All because of greediness, and.self-centered. Ekiti ronu o
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by carpmam: 9:46am On May 08, 2018
Why are APC wasting their time in ekiti,Ekiti state is a PDP state and will continue to

1 Like

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by positivethought: 9:46am On May 08, 2018
I do not support the Apc but on a general note, there is the need to have a fix delegates system for all the party primaries to enable all the aspirants know the would be delegates number n persons well in advance I believe this will eliminate illegal substitution,abitrary increase, hyjackings n what have you,for instance a local government chairman primaries should have the following as delegates:all national state n local government elected officials from that local government ,all national state local government n wards party officials from that local government.the use of the so called ad-hoc delegates or appointed officials as delegates should be banned completely,this fix delegates system can replicated for all categories of party primaries,i believe this method will go a long way in ensuring transparency n credibility in party primaries if faithfully adopted n implemented.
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Omeokachie: 9:49am On May 08, 2018
I heard that Ekiti peeps can write petition wella. grin
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by IamEmem(m): 9:49am On May 08, 2018
Where is Alhaji Lai Mohammed?? not heard him speak in the last few weeks.
Seems he has runned out of lies and researching for more lies.
I was expecting APC to accuse PDP for their foolishness
and as usual they didnt disappoint.
Hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Dthrone: 9:53am On May 08, 2018
Direct primary system lolz
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Krafty006: 9:54am On May 08, 2018
na dem sabi.........start your pam slippers biz with as little as forty k 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6.
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Sheguama: 9:59am On May 08, 2018
Ligang:
One of the reasons why i gave up on all politicians in Nigeria is why on earth do these old men keep recycling themselves in the corridors of power?

Oni&Fayemi were ex governor of one term each,both should be in thier late 50s& early 60s,what exactly can they do differently now?Both are still enjoying political powers in different capacities but still want to be governor again! God, what have we done to deserve these kind of greedy leaders.

I am not a fan of Fayose,but honestly i rather prefer his candidate win than see Oni or Fayemi in government house again.

Oni is not a thief my friend. He's one of the best candidates any party/state should be proud of under normal circumstances

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by LibertyRep: 10:08am On May 08, 2018
Oni should be bold enough to name the aspirant in question.

This might be the certain aspirant that has already threatened to use all power at his diposal to win the election proper and even jail the incubent.

The disgruntled aspirants should approach the courtto further strengthen our democracy . Who knows, the gods that favour Ameachi back then might smile on them too.
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Nobody: 10:15am On May 08, 2018
Sheguama:

Oni is not a thief my friend. He's one of the best candidates any party/state should be proud of under normal circumstances

You say what proud my foot

1 Like

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by MightySparrow: 10:26am On May 08, 2018
The more they read the more 'useless idiots' they become.

Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by luvfemi2018: 10:52am On May 08, 2018
God don catch Segun oni
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by ipobarecriminals: 10:52am On May 08, 2018
wink wink grin shocked lipsrsealed undecided OYEGUN?
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 08, 2018
The same Fayemi supported by Segun Oni to become minister is now using money made from favour granted him to bribe his way through primaries. He could not even have the honorable decency to resign before contesting.

APC should forget about Ekiti should they eventually produce Fayemi. Cos, this would be an easy freefall victory for Fayose
Re: Ekiti APC Primary: Oni Petitions Oyegun, NWC, Seeks Direct Primary System by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:24am On May 09, 2018
Ligang:
Why shouldn't they

That's what lazy people deserve
You refuse to do it yet wonder why they keep volunteering?

see
Laziness

(1) (Reply)

Kano: Ganduje Is A Product Of "Rigged Election" - PDP Candidate, Abba Yusuf / Ubah Tackles Obi Over Car Gifts To Traditional Rulers / 5 Things Igbos Won From 2015 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.