Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina (19389 Views)

Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by ichommy(m): 2:21pm On May 08, 2018
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina on Tuesday said it is only President Muhammadu Buhari that can reveal his ailment or details about his health.

Adesina said this during a phone-in-interview on Channels Television Breakfast Programme, Sunrise Daily while reacting to question about the President’s ailment deserving another trip to London, United Kingdom.

According to him, details about the President’s health is private and personal.

“That is something private and personal. The fact that a man is a President does not remove his right and privileges to privacy. So, unless Mr President comes out voluntarily and willingly to tell the country that ‘this is what I have suffered from, this is what I have been treated for’…even the medical doctor does not have the right to say it.

“It is in the Hippocratic oath that the medical doctors take. They cannot disclose the ailment of the patient without the permission of that patient,” he explained.

Senior Special Assistant to the President, Garba Shehu announced on Monday that President Buhari will on Tuesday embark on a four-day trip to the United Kingdom to see his doctor.

This has generated mixed reaction with many making references to President Buhari ‘technical stopover’ in London during his recent US-trip.

The recently announced UK trip is coming barely nine months after he returned from a medical vacation on August 19, 2017, spending more than 100 days.

Adesina in the interview on Tuesday, however, allayed fears, saying there is no cause for alarm.

“There is no cause for alarm because he (the President) is up and about and doing his duties. What he is going for is a review. We all need that from time to time. There is nobody that is 100% healthy. He is just going for a review. I want to believe that he will come back on Saturday as planned,” he said.

Giving itinerary of Buhari’s trip, the Presidential spokesperson said Buhari after his return from the UK will visit Jigawa State.

“The President is going to receive some letters of credence from some new ambassadors posted to the country, that will last till about early afternoon. After that, he will get set to go to London just for a medical review. He will be away for four days. He will back in the country on Saturday by the grace of God.

“On Monday and Tuesday, he will visit Jigawa state.”

When questioned of the guaranty if the President will not exceed four days in the UK, Adesina said, “When you talk of guarantee, man cannot guarantee. Nobody can guarantee anything.”

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2018/05/it-is-only-buhari-that-can-tell.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by biacan(f): 2:21pm On May 08, 2018
g
Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 08, 2018
Cos that's jubril. the former buhari is an international traveller but the later buhari is both an international & mostly home/domestic traveller. he needs change, yet he goes to london for a change. who's deceiving who, abeg?

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by GOATandYAMtheory: 2:25pm On May 08, 2018
So? what is wrong with what he has said? If he says Buhari has headache now, the never-do-wells controlling the media will say he said the President has Brain Tumor.

I love the way Femi Adeshina has responded to these questions

We the IPOB youths have found nothing wrong with this statement. Get us something better to masturbate over

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Paperwhite(m): 2:32pm On May 08, 2018
So what was the "technical stopover" in London for? Why this shameless penchant for medical tourism in UK by Buhari while the NHA & State House Clinic Aso Rock are in shambles angry
Using state resources to manage himself yet this useless president refused to disclose what is ailing him or what it costs Nigeria to get him treated.
May it never be well with all who have a hand in this catastrophe.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Biglittlelois(f): 3:10pm On May 08, 2018
Buhari is the President of Nigeria, he is a public servant in the highest public position so he is accountable to each and every persons in this country cos he represents us in and outside the country in everything so Mr. Adesina STFU

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by wildcatter23(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2018
Mr Buhari on becoming the president lost his right to privacy. In saner climes, he would either have resigned to take of his ailing health and be with his grand kids through sheer pressure of the electorates or he would have been impeached.

If there is a challenge in his capacity to lead, whether medical or otherwise, he should voluntarily vacate his position as president. But alas this is Nigeria. Bullshit works.

One cannot hold on the reins of power that has the potential to influence lives of over a 200million people and hid behind doctors Hippocratic oath.

Thia old man cringing to power should go enjoy his pension and gratuity in comfort. Rather he is squandering public funds engaging in medical tourism in UK.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by SoapQueen(f): 3:11pm On May 08, 2018
Is he sick again? Maybe it's just me, but I don't know how Presidents of other African nations look. I'm sure everybody knows this Buhari, waka waka man.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by ojmaroni247(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2018
Lol... List of cars and equipments for sale in PH

Honda Accord 2009 upgraded to 2011 : price 1.790m

Ford Mustang 2006 : price 3m

Toks 4tonnes Hyster Forklift for sale in Port Harcourt @5.5m get a buyer and get 200k cash.

Click the link below https://www.nairaland.com/ojmaroni247

1 Like

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
He's sufferin' from dementia.

Its not hard to tell. That's why he never knows anything goin' on around him. He's completely clueless and loses track of events easily.

Soon, he'll rip his clothes off and run out of his office to live in the streets full-time.

That's the callin' of an Almajiri.

13 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by cinoedhunter: 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
Let this Adesina just disappear sef... which kind wahala this man be sef

3 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
a president who cannot use his powers to fix healthcare in his country is sureless a bastard. may he die a slow cancerous death

6 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by emmyN(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
But it is required for serving Presidents to be in perfect health to run the affairs of the nation. Why don't be just resign then?

4 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by themonk(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
grin
Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Benjom(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2018
Nothing can be hidden forever cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Enemyofpeace: 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
Baba get gonorhea of the heart

1 Like

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Debazent1: 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
Abi nao,nobody can tell what his health problem his...
Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by iQUOTE: 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
The man is a walking corpse. He's suffering from a lot of things that only time can reveal.

He has refused to harken to the voice of salvation, of succour and assurance - a still small voice if you please. A still small voice calling out from the burning bush of unfettered altruism. A beckoning... "Come unto me, and I will give you rest." At least, we will have less problems to worry about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by maestroferddi: 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
No need..He is going back to Daura next year.

He just returned from a trip to Daura to renovate the house he would be spending his retirement next year...

7 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by oshe11: 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
He is suffering from ACUTE STUPIDITY AND DEAD BRAIN CELL COUPLED WITH DEAD DEEKshocked

5 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by asawanathegreat(m): 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
Adesina is doing his job

1 Like

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by EddyNumerouno(m): 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by asawanathegreat(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2018
Adesina is doing his job, he must not disclose his master's secrete

1 Like

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by awa(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2018
Who cares.... Who dey well for Naija. Why must his own be special? Last week na Malaria I suffered from so Bubu can suffer anything

2 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by IDeyNL: 3:15pm On May 08, 2018
GOATandYAMtheory:
So? what is wrong with what he has said? If he says Buhari has headache now, the never-do-wells controlling the media will say he said the President has Brain Tumor.

I love the way Femi Adeshina has responded to these questions

We the IPOB youths have found nothing wrong with this statement. Get us something better to masturbate over

Idiotic pig of Buhari (IPOB)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Tracypacy(f): 3:15pm On May 08, 2018
I used to be on a group on WhatsApp years back. The group was about recent trends. People come, drop recent news and jokes, we laugh, learn and move on. One day, a certain guy we all felt should be happy and bubbling just came out and shared his story. I guess he was at a point where he could not hold it anymore. After the guy spoke, people started to share their sorrows and worries. That night, I could not sleep well because I heard a lot from people I perceived as HAPPY.

After a press release was released that Avicii committed suicide. I saw a lot of tweet about how money cannot buy happiness. Everyone knows that money does not guarantee happiness but do you know that having no one close to talk to is one of the reasons why people commit suicide.
Most times, most of the reasons why people kill themselves can be avoided if they had just one person they could trust and open up too. We live in a very selfish and self-centered world where people think about themselves and see no reason why they should check up on others. I beseech you today to check yorself. Are you really someone people can approach when they have issues bothering them and you will not judge or share their pains with others. Are you one that would check on people when its been long you heard from them just to see that they good?

We need more humans. We need more caring people. We need more people who will be there for people in time of need. Please be one.

Please be one.....

7 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by annnikky(f): 3:16pm On May 08, 2018
Only four days to spend in UK, I guess millions of naira will accompany that four days sad buharia pity Nigerians and stop squandering their money anyhow u dim fit undecided

Monkey dey work baboon dey chop undecided
Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Beehshorp(m): 3:16pm On May 08, 2018
We don't care... No be fellow human beings dey die for benue at the hands of kinsmen
Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by DonMoga(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2018
WE NEED A HEALTHY PRESIDENT PLEASE

2 Likes

Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 08, 2018
I wish him well
Re: It Is Only Buhari That Can Tell Nigerians What He's Suffering From - Adesina by firstolalekan(m): 3:19pm On May 08, 2018
sick old fools. angry angry angry angry

Buhari should be impeached.

AFTER ALL, HE CALLED FOR YARUDUA'S IMPEACHMENT WHEN HE WAS SICK.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Thugs Wearing Our Vests To Attack Innocent Citizens, Kwara APC Cries Out / Why Tinubu’s Dynasty May Not Crash Anytime Soon - By Abdullah Abdulganiy / While The President Was Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.