Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas (13244 Views)

NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas In Plateau / Corpers Will Not Be Posted To Troubled Areas - NYSC DG / NYSC SDG Membership- Its Impacts On Posting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by 10Ebisco: 7:41am On May 09, 2018
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, has assured that no corps member will be posted to areas facing security challenges in the country.

The NYSC Director-General, Brig Gen Suleiman Kazaure, stated this in Ogun State at the Orientation Camp in Sagamu while addressing the 2018 Batch ‘A’ corps members.

According to a release by the Director, Press and Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi, the DG said “no corps member would be posted to an area with security breach within the country.

“The corps members must uphold the ideals of patriotism as responsible citizens in the discharge of their duties in their different places of primary assignment.”

The DG stated further that the scheme had engaged experts and officials of security agencies to train corps members in martial arts as part of the self-defence routines.

He said, “The security of corps members, wherever they are serving, is a priority in the scheme. Limiting the deployment of our corps members to areas with security challenges is a deliberate measure for their safety.

“We provide them with a booklet on security tips as well as phone numbers that give them a direct access in their places of primary assignment to personnel of security agencies such as the police, the State Security Service and other agencies.

“Apart from these, the scheme has established Distress Call Centres domiciled in the NYSC Directorate headquarters which function 24 hours. We also have the relevant details of all corps members nationwide and their locations are uploaded to the database of the centre.

“If anyone of them puts in a distress call, the call will immediately reflect on the computer screen the details and location of that corps member.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/nysc-speaks-on-posting-corps-members-to.html

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Nobody: 8:01am On May 09, 2018
It better be.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:09am On May 09, 2018
We need Corpers here in Maiduguri cheesy

16 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by lonelydora: 8:15am On May 09, 2018
Children of rich and politicians should be posted there first. They should lead by example

8 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Xhakazette: 8:15am On May 09, 2018
No area in this current Nigeria not facing security challenge.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by LieDetector(m): 8:15am On May 09, 2018
They should just increase the allawee of corpers that will be serving in troubled areas to like 50k. Boko haram and fulani herdsmen go follow apply join grin

9 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Macgreat(m): 8:17am On May 09, 2018
Interesting NYSC
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by NwaAmaikpe: 8:18am On May 09, 2018
shocked

Apart from shagging a married woman in camp.
I gained absolutely nothing from going to the NYSC camp.

NYSC is such a waste of resources and a failed project.
I am yet to see how it unifies the country.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by oyetunder(m): 8:19am On May 09, 2018
cry very good. But kindly warn them further that almost every street in naija is a troubled zone. And tell them not to look for wahala with the apparatuses between their legs.
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Promismike(m): 8:20am On May 09, 2018
Like the failed dullard who initiated NYSC.

NYSC is a failure.

And a waste of time.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by mokaflex(m): 8:20am On May 09, 2018
Redeploy as soon as possible

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by nairavsdollars(f): 8:21am On May 09, 2018
Scrap that gaddem thing

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Omooba224: 8:21am On May 09, 2018
J
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by mokaflex(m): 8:21am On May 09, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Scrap that gaddem thing
I agree man

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by oobbaassbbaarr: 8:22am On May 09, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Sultty(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
We need Corpers here in Maiduguri cheesy
Even Maiduguri sef dey talk smh shocked
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Nobody: 8:24am On May 09, 2018
Martial arts for a fulani herdsmen or bokoharam terrorists with AK47?

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by InteriorDecors: 8:27am On May 09, 2018
grin
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Andrewgame42: 8:28am On May 09, 2018
Nonsense scheme... Wast of one ear

1 Like

Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by InteriorDecors: 8:29am On May 09, 2018
angry
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Nobody: 8:30am On May 09, 2018
tasty cubes nigeria,a house hold name in seasoning is giving away so many mouth watering prizes soon to stand a chance to be one of the lucky 500 winners,click on the link bellow to like the page and share and then wait to recieve your promo code in 1hour.what are you waiting for?

http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?fc=u&id=163466441154376&ref=opera_speed_dial&_rdr

AS A GOOD NAIRALANDER I GIVE UNA DIZ OPORTUNITY O..NO DULL AM ABEG
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Emeka71(m): 8:30am On May 09, 2018
10Ebisco:
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, has assured that no corps member will be posted to areas facing security challenges in the country.

The NYSC Director-General, Brig Gen Suleiman Kazaure, stated this in Ogun State at the Orientation Camp in Sagamu while addressing the 2018 Batch ‘A’ corps members.

According to a release by the Director, Press and Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi, the DG said “no corps member would be posted to an area with security breach within the country.

“The corps members must uphold the ideals of patriotism as responsible citizens in the discharge of their duties in their different places of primary assignment.”

The DG stated further that the scheme had engaged experts and officials of security agencies to train corps members in martial arts as part of the self-defence routines.

He said, “The security of corps members, wherever they are serving, is a priority in the scheme. Limiting the deployment of our corps members to areas with security challenges is a deliberate measure for their safety.

“We provide them with a booklet on security tips as well as phone numbers that give them a direct access in their places of primary assignment to personnel of security agencies such as the police, the State Security Service and other agencies.

“Apart from these, the scheme has established Distress Call Centres domiciled in the NYSC Directorate headquarters which function 24 hours. We also have the relevant details of all corps members nationwide and their locations are uploaded to the database of the centre.

“If anyone of them puts in a distress call, the call will immediately reflect on the computer screen the details and location of that corps member.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/nysc-speaks-on-posting-corps-members-to.html
In fact I'm just hearing this on Radio paper headlines.
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by slyd90(m): 8:31am On May 09, 2018
we need corp members here in MUBI adadmawa too grin
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by twicenoni(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2018
Josephwk:
sad

WhatsApp me bro
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by Augiiee(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2018
Even if you posted someone over there, do you think he will be stupid enough to go?
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by freeman4ever(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2018
Emeka71 post=67404i045:
J
for joystick undecided
Emeka71 post=67404i045:
J
for joystick
Re: NYSC Speaks On Posting Corps Members To Troubled Areas by pol23: 8:33am On May 09, 2018
Yeye dey smell.
I served in Lagos and i will understand the true meaning of Nepotism.
40% of Eko kopa has at least a car.
18% of them are international students.
My friend who served in Abuja says the same thing.
I redeployed from platue to Lagos and I can't say the same thing about jos.
While serving I visit my friends in their states and it not as the same as Lagos.
My take is for NYSC to push those international students and big boys to those affected area first,yes give all security you can cos they will need it.
This our country ehn...
Somewhere in Boki local government cross river,Fulani are low key killing people and it's not news worthy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is NYSC Certificate Required For NDA Professional Course? (foreign Students) / NYSC Official Call-up Letter Sample (photos) / NYSC 2018 Batch C Stream 2 Latest Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.