Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress (15528 Views)

UN Report On Violent Conflicts In Nigeria Disappointing –presidency / Rotimi Amaechi Reacts To Violent APC Congress, Mocks Wike (VIDEO) / Tony Nwoye Wins Anambra APC Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by stephanie11: 9:47am On May 09, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Minister of Labour, Chris Ngige has revealed how he was attacked by thugs allegedly sponsored by Former Anambra gubernatorial aspirant, Tony Nwoye.

Ngige narrowly escaped death after he was attacked by thugs on Saturday at an APC ward congress meeting in Awka. He was swiftly whisked away by security operatives and aides.

A statement by head of his media office, Chikwelugo Obidiwe, said the subsequent violence that marred the stakeholders’ meeting in Awka on Sunday was not only condemnable but a weird and dangerous phenomenon, completely unknown to opposition politics in the state.

Accusing Tony Nwoye, the statement read;

"What transpired in Awka last Sunday was deliberate and well planned. It was a desperate determination by Hon. Tony Nwoye to rebrand the Anambra APC the violent way.

It was a rehearse of a rogue ideology which has been a trademark from his former party, the PDP. Many were shocked by the swam of cultists, arsonists and deadly thugs that accompanied him to the venue of the meeting because they thought the aphorism of ‘behaving like the Romans while in Rome’ had impacted some lessons on this political proselytes in the opposition fold. How erroneous they were."

The statement also revealed that the minister actually intervened to rescue of one of the six members of the Ward Congress Committee, posted to the state by the national secretariat of the party, Musa Yunusa, who had been beaten black and blue by the thugs.

"The minister, already taken to safety by his security, broke away from protection, to intervene to rescue Yunusa, almost lifeless. The doctors, as we speak, battled to save his life at Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, from where he was transferred to another hospital, because of the JOHESU strike. The interest of the minister, we wish to state, once more, was to ensure a credible exercise as the leader of the party in Anambra State."

https://politicsngr.com/attacked-tony-nwoyes-thugs-ngige/

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Nobody: 9:52am On May 09, 2018
Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2018
grin APC Must Die By Fire grin

Like PDP For in Imo State smiley

Share for APC in Imo State embarassed

Senator Samuel Anyanwu my Governor Imo 2019

117 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Shedrack777: 9:53am On May 09, 2018
shut up you liar! if you were attacked, you won't be here telling us. rather, people will be the ones to tell you're attacked.

30 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Nbote(m): 9:54am On May 09, 2018
U were lucky dem no beat U well

31 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 11:10am On May 09, 2018
shocked shocked

This non-performing,bench warming minister called Ngige should go and die.....He is like his counterpart Okoroawusa, the bribe this clueless, inefficient, inept, and failed government counts asfigures when collating the benefits of the south east region from this devilish government.

24 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by djlawex02(m): 11:10am On May 09, 2018
NGIGE! SHORT MAN DEVIL, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF THIS.

9 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Authoreety: 11:11am On May 09, 2018
Hm get luck say I wasnt there...

Ild hav had d opportunity to slap APC outta him or slap hm outta APC... anywhch-way, ild hav slappd...

Apc is gradually moving towards failure cos any household way dey fight demselves can neva stand...

3 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Paperwhite(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2018
Ngige was fronting Tony Nwoye during the last Anambra guber poll but today there is no love lost between them.Politics is really dirty but that played by the APC is more deadlier.

22 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Newpride(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2018
Good one....... grin grin grin

APC members themselves blow and putting pepper into each others eyes. shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Dumdumfashion(f): 11:12am On May 09, 2018
When you were supporting him for Governor You didn't know he had thugs! Useless politicians!.

He is a cultist so prepare yourself for more action.

Enjoy your party grin

23 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Dumdumfashion(f): 11:13am On May 09, 2018
When you were supporting him for Governor You didn't know he had thugs! Useless politicians!.

He is a cultist so prepare yourself for more action.

Enjoy your party grin smiley

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by jrusky(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2018
Ok Ngige we have heard you thanks for telling us.

Next topic pls.........

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by bentlywills(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2018
No one gives a flying Bleep

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Beehshorp(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2018
Apc is having internal crisis in every state....
Are we not serving a living God?
There shall be no peace for the wicked

11 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by freeze001(f): 11:15am On May 09, 2018
Na all of una na, bunch of idiots in APC trying to force that alien, demonic party on ala-Igbo. You are roundly rejected as u continue to fight against yourselves.

12 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Lomprico2: 11:21am On May 09, 2018
But...but...amethief said its wike that is behind all apc ward congress violence naa! sad

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by hokafor(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2018
Ngige how come everyone is always stepping over you even tony Nwaoye of yesterday is now chasing you around the same way Chris Uba did.is it your mini size that is confusing them or that you are not good at keeping a gentleman agreement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by adisabarber(m): 11:23am On May 09, 2018
Report him to Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by icon8: 11:24am On May 09, 2018
stephanie11:
@POLITICSNGR

Minister of Labour, Chris Ngige has revealed how he was attacked by thugs allegedly sponsored by Former Anambra gubernatorial aspirant, Tony Nwoye.

Ngige narrowly escaped death after he was attacked by thugs on Saturday at an APC ward congress meeting in Awka. He was swiftly whisked away by security operatives and aides.

A statement by head of his media office, Chikwelugo Obidiwe, said the subsequent violence that marred the stakeholders’ meeting in Awka on Sunday was not only condemnable but a weird and dangerous phenomenon, completely unknown to opposition politics in the state.

Accusing Tony Nwoye, the statement read;

"What transpired in Awka last Sunday was deliberate and well planned. It was a desperate determination by Hon. Tony Nwoye to rebrand the Anambra APC the violent way.

It was a rehearse of a rogue ideology which has been a trademark from his former party, the PDP. Many were shocked by the swam of cultists, arsonists and deadly thugs that accompanied him to the venue of the meeting because they thought the aphorism of ‘behaving like the Romans while in Rome’ had impacted some lessons on this political proselytes in the opposition fold. How erroneous they were."

The statement also revealed that the minister actually intervened to rescue of one of the six members of the Ward Congress Committee, posted to the state by the national secretariat of the party, Musa Yunusa, who had been beaten black and blue by the thugs.

"The minister, already taken to safety by his security, broke away from protection, to intervene to rescue Yunusa, almost lifeless. The doctors, as we speak, battled to save his life at Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, from where he was transferred to another hospital, because of the JOHESU strike. The interest of the minister, we wish to state, once more, was to ensure a credible exercise as the leader of the party in Anambra State."

https://politicsngr.com/attacked-tony-nwoyes-thugs-ngige/

What an irony! @ the bolded.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by seacoast(m): 11:27am On May 09, 2018
They just carry PDP put for the thing

2 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by lilfreezy: 11:34am On May 09, 2018
A political party that is comprised of 4 distinct political parties (ACN, CPC, ANPP & new PDP) with different ideologies is that one a political party

How on earth do Nigerians think this party will even Last sef grin

5 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by ufuosman(m): 11:35am On May 09, 2018
More problems to come for them

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by talk2percy(m): 11:35am On May 09, 2018
Thunder fire u, they for kill u sef. Wolves everywhere, vampires! Cursed party!
Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by pol23: 11:38am On May 09, 2018
Make APC just pack their mat and go home.
Game is over.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by ipobarecriminals: 11:42am On May 09, 2018
cool short dwarf man.Dey always escape
Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by carpmam: 11:50am On May 09, 2018
The repeat of ur kidnapping by tony nwoye in 2004 for repeat itself again,he even find a way to call out PDP, shameless man

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Nobody: 11:51am On May 09, 2018
Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Kobicove(m): 12:04pm On May 09, 2018
This is the tout who wanted to be our governor... undecided

We dodged a bullet in Anambra state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Attacked By Tony Nwoye's Thugs - Ngige Opens Up On Violent APC Congress by Chuks9000: 12:09pm On May 09, 2018
We saw it on TV.
You tried to impose candidates and that was what caused the disagreement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Release: Exterminating Akwa Ibom From NDDC Board Is Injustice Taken Too Far / Buhari Is Yet To Sign N30,000 Minimum Wage Bill —presidency / 2023: Everyone Can Run But Not Everyone Can Be President - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.