Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again (29145 Views)

Police IG Idris Unable To Read His Speech In Kano (Embarrassing Video) / Police IG Idris Snubs Senate the third time - READ WHY / Senators React To Obasanjo, Babangida And Abdulsalami's Meeting In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by akum78: 1:50pm On May 09, 2018
@APROKOGIRL

Below are their comments ..

"It is very unusual for a public servant to act like this. I have never see this before anywhere in the world, we need to take a decision because this affects security in the entire country." - Senator Ahmad Lawan, Senate Leader.

"This is unacceptable and disrespectful. It requires immediate action and i think this Senate needs to take serious action in looking for a way forward." - Senator Emmanuel Bwacha.

"What the IGP is doing is not against the Senate but against the presidency that appointed him into office, it's unfortunate.The IG is not competent to be in the office" - Senator Isah Misau.

"What is happening today in Nigeria shows that democracy is dying bit by bit and also shows the abuse of power and office by the IG. What the IG is doing in the eyes of the world, shows that there is no respect for the law."- Senator Enyinaya Abaribe.

BY ARPOKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/5753/nigerian-senators-react-as-police-ig-idris-snubs-senate-invitation-read/

cc; lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by akum78: 1:50pm On May 09, 2018
BUHARI WILL SOON REACT Too

7 Likes

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:52pm On May 09, 2018
Lazy senators
....... who takes them.serious anymore?!

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by sunnysunny69(m): 1:53pm On May 09, 2018
Why wouldn't he snub them, he has files on most of them and their corrupt way, they are all bunch of joker and lack both local and international respect.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by CilicMarin: 1:55pm On May 09, 2018
Useless Sinators.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by middlebelter(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Why wouldn't he snub them, he has files on most of them and their corrupt way, they are all bunch of a joker and lack both local and international respect.

Hey, I beg to disagree with you!

If he has the files, he should work on it. Files are not meant to be kept for decoration. Some members may have issues but hey, we are talking about the National Assembly as an institution. It is not about Saraki or Dogara. His action is an affront against Nigeria, against Democracy and even against PMB.

Oh, why do you think people respect him as IGP? it is not because he has gun and instruments of coercion? It is the authority conferred on him by the law, it is that law that created his office, gave him Uniform and allocated resources to that office. The national assembly has the power to make and amend the law. In the absence of the law, IGP is Mr someone on the street.

284 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:31pm On May 09, 2018
They should blow off his head when they see him and not speaking grammar

2 Likes

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by iomoge2(f): 2:47pm On May 09, 2018
Hmmm

See as senate useless themselves

2 Likes

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Meajor(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2018
All I see is childishness from the IGP..... You see why I no dey blame d common police for street wey dey collect 20naira... How will you expect them to obey the law, when their Oga cannot obey the law.... Dis man thinks he is above authority... I just wish say na military era we dey.... Imagine Abacha sending you to Benue and you come choose to go Nasarawa... Na beheading things or death by hanging.
Sometimes I dey wonder who do us?? Na which planet d baba dey

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 09, 2018
IG is a foolish man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:48pm On May 09, 2018
Since 2015,Nigeria has been turned into a laughing stock

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
Toothless Sinators undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Nairalandmentor(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
Is that all you guys can do? kiss undecided

Need a clean website design? Get started today without advanced payments. Please check my signature

1 Like

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Sirpaul(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
come 2019... my PVC will return all of them back to where they belong

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by AngelicBeing: 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
sad
Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by rusher14: 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
Hopefully acts like this would teach the NASS to face issues squarely and stop personalizing events.

An example is Dino's debacle. Dino is an ordinary citizen of Nigeria who just so happens to be a member of NASS.

NASS never thought it necessary to convince or coerce its member who had been manipulated in a gun running ring to meet his accusers.
Rather, they've been trying to summon the police chief like some errand boy to their domain.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by 2016v2017: 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
akum78:
@APROKOGIRL

Below are their comments ..

BY ARPOKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/5753/nigerian-senators-react-as-police-ig-idris-snubs-senate-invitation-read/

cc; lalasticlala

IG is having the backing of tyrant terrorist buhari, that's why he is not bothered about your ranting

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by emerazz(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2018
rr
Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by emerazz(m): 2:50pm On May 09, 2018
go
Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by wildcatter23(m): 2:50pm On May 09, 2018
There is simply no respect for constituted authority.
Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by lincsnuel: 2:50pm On May 09, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 09, 2018
r
Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Flyingngel(m): 2:50pm On May 09, 2018
Buhari is in the know of all these snobbing of the legislators by the executives arm of government . This is bad for our democracy:precedent have been set, i pray Nigeria will weather this storm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by rusher14: 2:50pm On May 09, 2018
WHERE IS THE 2018 BUDGET?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 09, 2018
That's the kinda man the Nigerian Senate deserve

6 Likes

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by saintol(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2018
Nigerian Democracy is a waste. Will any IGP try this in the military era? I don't in any way like our own version of democracy. Like senators like executive, all are touts. When you look at the senate all you could see is den of thieves and sleeping idiots. So what do you now expect to get? A den of...... calling the IG. If the senate is filled with men that are indeed worthy, this won't happen. I wonder if we have any worthy fellow among them.

6 Likes

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 09, 2018
In as much as I don't support the gross insubordination of the IG
But am beginning to say this is karma

The senate that think the police institution is useless and not worthy of respect should as well anticipate no respect from the police

The Nigeria police invited a senator, even wrote to the senate but the senator ignored the invitation

And now you expect the Inspector general of police to appear before you

Really?

The senate simply brought this upon theirself

Respect is reciprocal

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Dindondin(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2018
Nigeria ll return to square one soon
Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Mophasa(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2018
This is a total affront on our fragile democracy

The IGP is a disgrace to patriotic Nigerians

What have we done to this Fulani's that they are always dragging us backwards...

This has never happened before in the history of this Nation!

12 Likes

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by IMASTEX: 2:51pm On May 09, 2018
Welcome to banana republic

1 Like

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by Paperwhite(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2018
I'll only take these senators seriously when they truly start to live up to their constitutional responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again by deltaisgreat: 2:52pm On May 09, 2018
I suggest that the national assembly amend the law that created the offices of the service chiefs and remove the appointment of service chiefs from the hand of the executive (the president ) and do appointment themselves by majority vote on the floor of the house. I think that will curtail all these executive excesses and abuse of power and intimidation.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / US Trip Exposed Ignorance Of Northern Governors – Sule Lamido / Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.