Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? (41032 Views)

We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} / Civet Killed In FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by melodyogonna(m): 12:33am On May 10, 2018
WTF?? Milo and cat Shi*t Coffee. . . Give me Milo abeg
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by KingRabota: 12:34am On May 10, 2018
I love coffee like I'll run nuts if I miss my caffeine fix. But this beats the craziest madness I'll ever be able to generate in my wildest imagination.
But then being the craziest, maddest and most adventurous person I know.
I definitely wouldn't mind having a sip or two or three or....
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by wildkat: 1:27am On May 10, 2018
No be Edi Abali shit be dis?
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by jaxxy(m): 1:49am On May 10, 2018
Good question... Hell naw!!
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by omodejk12: 1:53am On May 10, 2018
After about 24 to 36 hours the coffee beans eaten by the palm civet cat are defecated. In most parts of the world excrement from wild animals is considered waste. But in Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines civet cat feces are seen as gold. This is because the coffee beans departed the civet’s digestive tract almost unaffected, some fermentation during the digestion process occurs in the beans. According to scientists, this adds to the special flavor of the coffee made from civet cat beans. Today, these coffee beans are a luxury good and sold all over the globe. It is better known as kopi luwak or civet coffee. Due to its rarity, cat feces coffee is also the world’s most expensive coffee.
ShyCypher:
Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces?

After about 24 to 36 hours the coffee beans eaten by the palm civet cat are defecated. In most parts of the world excrement from wild animals is considered waste. But in Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines civet cat feces are seen as gold. This is because the coffee beans departed the civet’s digestive tract almost unaffected, some fermentation during the digestion process occurs in the beans. According to scientists, this adds to the special flavor of the coffee made from civet cat beans. Today, these coffee beans are a luxury good and sold all over the globe. It is better known as kopi luwak or civet coffee. Due to its rarity, cat feces coffee is also the world’s most expensive coffee.

Is coffee coming from civet cat feces safe to drink?

Are coffee beans coming from excrement contaminated with bacteria? This is partly true. Scientists have studied the safeness of kopi luwak coffee. They have found beans coming from civet feces are more contaminated than normal coffee beans. However, PROCESSED kopi luwak beans show an even lower level of bacteria contamination than other coffee beans. There is no significant contamination by e-coli or other bacteria. Now, read more about the collecting and final processing of kopi luwak coffee.

Although kopi luwak is a form of processing rather than a variety of coffee, it has been called one of the most expensive coffees in the world, with retail prices reaching €550 / US$700 per kilogram.

Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago. It is also widely gathered in the forest or produced in the farms in the islands of the Philippines (where the product is called kape motit in the Cordillera region, kapé alamíd in Tagalog areas, and kapé melô or kapé musang in Mindanao island), and in East Timor (where it is called kafé-laku). Weasel coffee is a loose English translation of its Vietnamese name cà phê Chồn, where popular, chemically simulated versions are also produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_7Bs_PC-8
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by skales67(m): 4:21am On May 10, 2018
It has got to be Indonesians...useless people!
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by whiteeyes: 5:41am On May 10, 2018
greatman247:
CAPITAL NO, unless I did not know... grin
Yeah, except I no sabi! I remember the first time I ate frog without knowing. I psychologically got sick when I realised forcing myself to throw up every minute.
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by spafu(m): 5:54am On May 10, 2018
Why the coffee come resemble cat face?
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by Ssalk: 6:27am On May 10, 2018
Hmmm

Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by dennisworld1(m): 6:30am On May 10, 2018
Ci et nor be him be pussy
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by dennisworld1(m): 6:31am On May 10, 2018
and nigeria dun dey drink lizard piss dey high
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by Kobicove(m): 6:35am On May 10, 2018
Yuck!
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by Preye21: 6:57am On May 10, 2018
No be me and una.
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by Burgerlomo: 7:02am On May 10, 2018
chibike69:
grin

expensive cat shit

Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by thedondada(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2018
Here there would have killed the civet and eaten it.
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by BAVOSKI(m): 7:51am On May 10, 2018
Iya mata
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by greatman247(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2018
whiteeyes:
Yeah, except I no sabi! I remember the first time I ate frog without knowing. I psychologically got sick when I realised forcing myself to throw up every minute.

Omg, you ate frog? Damn. I can't imagine myself eating that, if I realize I guess I don't really know what to do probably I will throw up till I pass out and sick for weeks. And then, I will So deal with whoever gives me that. grin

1 Like

Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by piagetskinner(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2018
Khallyella:
shocked
Whereas, here in Nigeria, most people see cats as diabolical angry
yes especially the female folk
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by merengue: 10:17am On May 10, 2018
LOL, embarassed, no be me and them
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by whiteeyes: 12:08pm On May 10, 2018
greatman247:

Omg, you ate frog? Damn. I can't imagine myself eating that, if I realize I guess I don't really know what to do probably I will throw up till I pass out and sick for weeks. And then, I will So deal with whoever gives me that. grin
grin[quote author=greatman247 post=67434524]

yeah! me and my team mates were offered royalty treatment by the village king. And for "big visitors", they gave us the most treasured, the Very fatty froggies
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by GeoSilYe(f): 12:10pm On May 10, 2018
cheesy

This one is potent enough for them science students!
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by DebbieSean(f): 1:41pm On May 10, 2018
ShyCypher:
Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces?

Is coffee coming from civet cat feces safe to drink?

Are coffee beans coming from excrement contaminated with bacteria? This is partly true. Scientists have studied the safeness of kopi luwak coffee. They have found beans coming from civet feces are more contaminated than normal coffee beans. However, PROCESSED kopi luwak beans show an even lower level of bacteria contamination than other coffee beans. There is no significant contamination by e-coli or other bacteria. Now, read more about the collecting and final processing of kopi luwak coffee.

Although kopi luwak is a form of processing rather than a variety of coffee, it has been called one of the most expensive coffees in the world, with retail prices reaching €550 / US$700 per kilogram.

Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago. It is also widely gathered in the forest or produced in the farms in the islands of the Philippines (where the product is called kape motit in the Cordillera region, kapé alamíd in Tagalog areas, and kapé melô or kapé musang in Mindanao island), and in East Timor (where it is called kafé-laku). Weasel coffee is a loose English translation of its Vietnamese name cà phê Chồn, where popular, chemically simulated versions are also produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_7AyamaBs_PC-8
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by barallanee(f): 2:00pm On May 10, 2018
So na d cat shit b dis..wey cats d hide..so bkos cat d hide shit na it mke e cos...never will I drink dis...
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by greatman247(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
whiteeyes:
grin

Chai... you try very well. Well done sir. I salute thee grin grin

1 Like

Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by greatman247(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2018
whiteeyes:
grin

Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by whiteeyes: 3:26pm On May 10, 2018
greatman247:

hahhaha, thanks but #Ayamababe#
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by greatman247(m): 3:53pm On May 10, 2018
whiteeyes:
hahhaha, thanks but #Ayamababe#

Oh I see, a babe, very good. My bad, i never look well. grin grin
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by Blonchilli(m): 4:19pm On May 10, 2018
Josh64:
Na the same civet we dey kill anyhow for here use do peppersoup for one night, and we say we are poor. We are poor indeed, both financially and intellectually.
So true. Our own is to kill and eat. No wonder we've killed and eating our economy and future
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by mechanics(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2018
Wow, looking attractive.
Re: Civet Coffee Or Kopi Luwak: World's Most Expensive Coffee From Cat's Faeces? by EWATERS(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2018
Ewo! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.