Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. (41024 Views)

Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) / A Nairalander Cooks Egusi Soup London Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
For several weeks now I have not cooked due to personal reasons best known to me.
I normally ordered food from food vendors and to be frank,it's not only draining resources but most times,the meals are usually either soggy looking or over salty.

I had recently munch on crown cork(bottle cover)when I ordered for a plate of jellof rice grin.guess the vendor was benevolent enough to add the cork cover as extra meat.

I checked my cylinders today,and discovered that,I had practically ran out of gas,I made enquiries about the current cost of gas,and I was told it's #850.so I went to my neighbors compound, gathered pieces of fire woods and viola I located a designated spot in my compound.

I had to look around for what to rotate the beans with, luckily I found some bunch of rippen plantains I hid inside the cupboard that I have forgotten.

I arrived with a very sumptuous meal of beans and plantain porridge.
I topped it with coca cola as time no dey.

I felt like an African woman in a very remote village whilst cooking the meal with firewoods grin grin.

Shouts out to peeps keeping it real with firewoods.

N/B..... please keep your negative vibes and jabs to yourselves.

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
The soot looking meal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by pocohantas(f): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
So in addition to all these sources of heat from your previous thread, you use firewood too?

I am sure you would soon add solar to the squad. cheesy

Anyway, the price of firewood and charcoal is already going up. Thanks to Buhari.

Ahniee have you charged your phone? tongue

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
pocohantas:
So in addition to all these sources of heat from your previous thread, you use firewood too?

I am sure you would soon add solar to the squad. cheesy

Anyway, the price of firewood and charcoal is already going up. Thanks to Buhari.
Pocohantas I shake my chest for you. grin angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Pictures refused loading.
Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Ishilove: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
Beans and coca cola? The gas no go be here cheesy

222 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ishilove:
Beans and coca cola? The gas no go be here cheesy
I took only the cola and left the bean and plantain for my Cubs to devour grin.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Mariangeles(f): 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
ahnie:
Pictures refused loading.

Reduce the size by editing it, then try posting it again.

I want to see the pictures 'cause I love outdoor cooking. cheesy
It's therapeutic.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mariangeles:

Reduce the size by editing it, then try posting it again.

I want to see the pictures 'cause I love outdoor cooking. cheesy
It's therapeutic.
I don't know how to reduce pictures.i 'm achaic when it comes to things like that.

But the firewoods cooking was bae,my body just dey smell smoke smoke grin

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Mariangeles(f): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
ahnie:

I don't know how to reduce pictures.i 'm achaic when it comes to things like that.

Can you crop or screenshot pictures?
You have to post it o. undecided

That earthy smell that I like. grin

4 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mariangeles:

Can you crop or screenshot pictures?
You have to post it o. undecided

That earthy smell that I like. grin
I can screenshot pictures, cropping I don't know how.

But I go try.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Mariangeles(f): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
ahnie:

I can screenshot pictures, cropping I don't know how.

But I go try.

Oya screenshot and try posting it again.

We'll take that one like that.
Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mariangeles:

Oya screenshot and try posting it again.

We'll take that one like that.

3 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Maxymilliano(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
ahnie:

I bet you'd be smelling like roasted corn wink

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Mariangeles(f): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
[quote author=ahnie post=108063837][/quote]

Ah! At last! Thank God. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Mariangeles(f): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Like mother nature you mean? grin

6 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Maxymilliano:

You Gerrit bro grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by crackhaus: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
So you carry basin wey we dey use soak cloth use am take cook beans with firewood... Ehn ehn Annie!!! angry

46 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
crackhaus:
So you carry basin wey we dey use soak cloth use am take cook beans with firewood... Ehn ehn Anita!!! angry
Banana after how many weeks?
Continue no wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by crackhaus: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
ahnie:

Banana after how many weeks?
Continue no wahala.
sad sad
Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by ahnie: 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
crackhaus:

sad sad
Banana,what's that face for?
Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by crackhaus: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
ahnie:

Banana,what's that face for?
I'm feeling bad na...
Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by jericco1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Well you tried but that doesn't make you a wife material though.

24 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by iamyemiakins(m): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Make Labadi69 no see this thread like this grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by iamyemiakins(m): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2021

20 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by revived: 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Okay e go be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by MorataFC: 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Popular?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
ahnie:
For several weeks now I have not cooked due to personal reasons best known to me.
I normally ordered food from food vendors and to be frank,it's not only draining resources but most times,the meals are usually either soggy looking or over salty.

I had recently munch on crown cork(bottle cover)when I ordered for a plate of jellof rice grin.guess the vendor was benevolent enough to add the cork cover as extra meat.

I checked my cylinders today,and discovered that,I had practically ran out of gas,I made enquiries about the current cost of gas,and I was told it's #850.so I went to my neighbors compound, gathered pieces of fire woods and viola I located a designated spot in my compound.

I had to look around for what to rotate the beans with, luckily I found some bunch of rippen plantains I hid inside the cupboard that I have forgotten.

I felt like an African woman in a very remote village whilst cooking the meal with firewoods grin grin.

Shouts out to peeps keeping it real with firewoods.

N/B..... please keep your negative vibes and jabs to yourselves.

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by foreveryoung1515(f): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ok
Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Mightyhaiz: 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Popular ke

For nairaland?

25 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by incogni2o: 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yes oh.

Uhawi APC Next Level

I use 200 naira charcoal daily.

200 X 30 = 6000 charcoal monthly

Gas now 10k per 12.5kg

Gas was roughly 4K before which made it 2K cheaper.

Now charcoal is about 4K cheaper.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
You should have used stove na. Anyways, cool.

Firewood cooking can be very annoying and make one teary.
The still think one Should have a stove handy in case of times like this.

African woman. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Beautiful Delicacies From All Over Nigeria / 8 Things That Taste Better When They’re Free / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.