Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth (57751 Views)

Renovation Ongoing At Edo Assembly Complex As Shaibu, Okiye Arrive (Video) / Aerial View Of The Abule Ado Explosion In Lagos (Video, Photos) / Aerial View Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (Drone Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by mmb(m): 9:17pm On May 09, 2018
Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by three: 9:25pm On May 09, 2018

The original Presidential Quarters as defined in the 1978 Abuja Masterplan was more accessible, more conservative and more compact.

Person wey enter dis huge edifice no dey wan comot.
shocked

22 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by Paperwhite(m): 9:37pm On May 09, 2018
The place where the wicked demons of Aso Rock reside. undecided

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by odiereke(m): 9:42pm On May 09, 2018
So massive indeed.
Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by Donald95(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2018
Animal Farm

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 09, 2018
Is that a brown muddy water by the side?

33 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by giftedheart1(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2018
LET BABA GO N BUILD SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN DAURA... FROM THERE HE CAN RULE HIS COWS....

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by SalamRushdie: 10:50pm On May 09, 2018
Sprawling compound with no line of defence against aerial attacks ...Just imagine the damage just two cobra attack helicopter with night fighting capabilities will do to this place in 2 hours

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by Throwback: 10:53pm On May 09, 2018
No Nigerian that is not a top politician can claim to know what Aso Villa looks like.

Yet we claim to be a continuous democracy that is 19 years old?

Is it a crime for the media to take a photo shot of Aso Villa, since the end of military rule in 1999?

Now let the government of Nigeria go sue Google for exposing a structure that Nigerians should by right be able to draw as a primary school assignment.

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by Khd95(m): 11:40pm On May 09, 2018
Why are they hiding also rock from us exactly

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:42pm On May 09, 2018
Make google help us throw bomb there when bubu they organise fec meeting, cause I don tire for this naija

35 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by jom28gy(m): 12:21am On May 10, 2018
good, but make more clear
Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by jaymichael(m): 12:37am On May 10, 2018
Throwback:
No Nigerian that is not a top politician can claim to know what Aso Villa looks like.

Yet we claim to be a continuous democracy that is 19 years old?

Is it a crime for the media to take a photo shot of Aso Villa, since the end of military rule in 1999?

Now let the government of Nigeria go sue Google for exposing a structure that Nigerians should by right be able to draw as a primary school assignment.
The reason may be that there isn't any official building called the 'ASO ROCK VILLA' just as the White House. What is referred to Aso rock is a series of buildings within a zone (even a bit far apart sef) that comprises of The office of the President, Vice president, Chief of staff, SGF, etc. also within this "zone" is found the residence of the President, the council chambers, barracks, private residences, estates etc etc.
When they say Aso Rock, it could me the office of the President, his official residence, the council chamber etc. We have all seen Aso Rock but not as we expect (even if you recognize it as Aso rock) what is mostly shown is the council chamber though.
Naptu2, come shed more light on this issue please.

14 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by acenazt: 2:08am On May 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Sprawling compound with no line of defence against aerial attacks ...Just imagine the damage just two cobra attack helicopter with night fighting capabilities will do to this place in 2 hours
how u take know say no line of defense. U just assumed abi

5 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by Throwback: 2:42am On May 10, 2018
jaymichael:
The reason may be that there isn't any official building called the 'ASO ROCK VILLA' just as the White House. What is referred to Aso rock is a series of buildings within a zone (even a bit far apart sef) that comprises of The office of the President, Vice president, Chief of staff, SGF, etc. also within this "zone" is found the residence of the President, the council chambers, barracks, private residences, estates etc etc.
When they say Aso Rock, it could me the office of the President, his official residence, the council chamber etc. We have all seen Aso Rock but not as we expect (even if you recognize it as Aso rock) what is mostly shown is the council chamber though.

I know that many buildings make up the Aso Villa.

But have we seen the picture of any of this buildings before?

The most we have seen is the corridors that seem to link some of these buildings.

Is it not weird that Nigerians don't know what the structures look like?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by naptu2: 2:45am On May 10, 2018
jaymichael:

Every year since 2007 there has been at least one nairaland thread in which the thread creator has claimed that nobody has seen the Aso Rock Villa and demanded to see pictures of it.

Therefore, in 2012 I posted lots of pictures of the Aso Rock Villa, State House Ribadu Road (aka Dodan Barracks), Akinola Aguda House, State House Marina and Lagos House Marina. I also described these places. I still have many more pictures that are not on that thread.

Here's a link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/951565/aso-rock-belongs-nigerians...in-democracy

Like you said, what is called the Aso Rock Villa is a large estate that is made up of several compounds and buildings. These include the Council Chambers, the Vice President's Office, the President's Office, the First Lady's Wing, the Residence, the former Banquet Hall (which is now the Conference Center), the New Banquet Hall, the Helipad, the State House Fire Service Station, the State House Clinic, etc.

Council Chambers at the Nigerian Presidential Complex Abuja (aka Aso Rock Villa).

President Goodluck Jonathan outside the residence at the Aso Rock Villa.

Likewise, State House Ribadu Road (aka Dodan Barracks) is also a large complex that contains several buildings including the Council Chambers, the Residence, the Nnamdi Azikiwe Press Center, the Presidency (offices), etc. There are also several buildings and compounds nearby that were part of the Presidency, e.g. the State House Fire Service, the Police Service Commission, the Conference Visitors Unit, etc.

General Gowon and his family at State House Ribadu Road. The large building behind General Gowon is the Council Chambers. The residence is on the other side of the Council Chambers.

The former residence at the State House Ribadu Road complex (aka Dodan Barracks). It was rebuilt after the 1990 coup and it is now a white mansion (this picture was taken in the 1970s).

Nnamdi Azikiwe Press Centre, State House Ribadu Road.

State House Marina is a large colonial mansion. There are three other buildings in the large compound and these serve as offices and residences for staff. There are also several compounds in Marina and Onikan that are associated with this mansion.

State House Marina

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by lastempero: 4:02am On May 10, 2018
Throwback:

The most we have seen is the corridors that seem to link some of these buildings.

They live inside the rock that is why the inhabitants are primitive grin

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by jaymichael(m): 6:08am On May 10, 2018
naptu2:

Every year since 2007 there has been at least one nairaland thread in which the thread creator has claimed that nobody has seen the Aso Rock Villa and demanded to see pictures of it.

Therefore, in 2012 I posted lots of pictures of the Aso Rock Villa, State House Ribadu Road (aka Dodan Barracks), Akinola Aguda House, State House Marina and Lagos House Marina. I also described these places. I still have many more pictures that are not on that thread.

Here's a link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/951565/aso-rock-belongs-nigerians...in-democracy

Like you said, what is called the Aso Rock Villa is a large estate that is made up of several compounds and buildings. These include the Council Chambers, the Vice President's Office, the President's Office, the First Lady's Wing, the Residence, the former Banquet Hall (which is now the Conference Center), the New Banquet Hall, the Helipad, the State House Fire Service Station, the State House Clinic, etc.

Council Chambers at the Nigerian Presidential Complex Abuja (aka Aso Rock Villa).

President Goodluck Jonathan outside the residence at the Aso Rock Villa.

Likewise, State House Ribadu Road (aka Dodan Barracks) is also a large complex that contains several buildings including the Council Chambers, the Residence, the Nnamdi Azikiwe Press Center, the Presidency (offices), etc. There are also several buildings and compounds nearby that were part of the Presidency, e.g. the State House Fire Service, the Police Service Commission, the Conference Visitors Unit, etc.

General Gowon and his family at State House Ribadu Road. The large building behind General Gowon is the Council Chambers. The residence is on the other side of the Council Chambers.

The former residence at the State House Ribadu Road complex (aka Dodan Barracks). It was rebuilt after the 1990 coup and it is now a white mansion (this picture was taken in the 1970s).

Nnamdi Azikiwe Press Centre, State House Ribadu Road.

State House Marina is a large colonial mansion. There are three other buildings in the large compound and these serve as offices and residences for staff. There are also several compounds in Marina and Onikan that are associated with this mansion.

State House Marina

Thanks boss, you never disappoint. I have pictures of an old building inside the lighthouse on Tarkwa bay island that people there say it was an old residence of Lord Luggard. I will upload it and mention you when I find the pictures on my laptop or when I get the link to the thread I uploaded it on this forum. I stay on one of Tomaro Island, close to Snake Island and I sometimes take a hike to tarkwabay and there is also this church (church of the epiphany) about 15 minutes walk from tarkwabay. We had a very beautiful history. It is a very beautiful country God has handed to us to manage.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by jaymichael(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2018
Throwback:

You have, but you don't know it is 'Aso Rock' you are seeing. Many of us have seen the president having meetings in his sitting room, we have seen the conference room, council chambers, office of the President (used to have olive coloured chairs now has been changed to some black colour I think. I stopped wondering how Aso rock looked like when I found out that I have seen almost everything without realizing it. Nobody can show you Aso Rock because some of those buildings and offices are even far apart. Just think of it as Aso Rock being inside Lagos and the whole of Apapa being called Aso rock and the offices and residences scattered all over Apapa with barracks, private residential estates, private offices etc. There isn't any individual building you can use to represent Aso rock. Just think of it again as when Lagos was the seat of power and state house offices are scattered all over Lagos Island and Ikoyi.

2 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by slimfit1(m): 6:34am On May 10, 2018
Tinubu bought the best one.
Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by SalamRushdie: 6:48am On May 10, 2018
acenazt:
how u take know say no line of defense. U just assumed abi

Nigeria doesn't have any line of defence to defend its airspace ..take it from me please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by omowolewa: 6:52am On May 10, 2018
Cool, power center
Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by castrokins(m): 7:08am On May 10, 2018
The Made An Artificial Lake Chad In There For Buha?
Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by naptu2: 7:22am On May 10, 2018
[quote author=mmb post=67425925][/quote]

It's actually much bigger than what you posted. The massive building with the red dome (on the other side of the roundabout) is the State House banquet hall. It has been converted to the State House Conference Center.

Akinola Aguda House is not even in these pictures.

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by naptu2: 7:35am On May 10, 2018
Mmb. Scroll up and see the pictures smiley
Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by naptu2: 7:39am On May 10, 2018
The old banquet hall was built in 2003 for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM). It hosted the CHOGM state banquet.

A new banquet hall was built in 2014. The new banquet hall is close to the president's office. The old banquet hall became the State House Conference Center.

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by naptu2: 7:46am On May 10, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial View Of Aso Rock Presidential Complex As Captured On Google Earth by nymphomaniac(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2018
Nigeria is Sha beautiful. We will get to ask rock one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari Votes In Daura, Displays Ballot Paper In Public / Checkout Sani Abacha's Signature (snapshot) / Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.