Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . (2239 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Denied Presenting "GEJ Corruption" Document To Buhari / Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc / Buhari Presenting The National Budget Of 1984 (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 12:56am On May 22, 2010
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/

Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person of the Year .
Wednesday, 24 February 2010 02:06 Guardian Editor 1 Life Magazine - Young & Nigerian .User Rating: / 5
PoorBest
.The first time I heard about Ify Aniebo was when The Future Awards 2010 nominees list appeared, at the end of 2009. She was up for the Best Use of Science category as well as the Young Person of the Year. One thing immediately became clear: in a generation full of entertainers and wannabes, Ify, currently a PhD student at the University of Oxford, is a refreshing icon, underscoring the importance of science to our progress as a nation. She has set an ambitious goal for herself, to find a vaccine for that ageless scourge of sub-Saharan Africa – malaria – which annually kills close to a million persons, mostly children, on the continent. Ify’s resume is intimidating, belying the fact that she is only 26 years old. She was “the youngest person, the only black person and the only Nigerian in the Wellcome-Oxford-WHO unit in Thailand and in the Malaria Department at the Sanger institute in Cambridge,” and has presented at leading malaria research conferences around the world. She won the Best Use of Science category, and went on to win the Young Person of Year 2010, taking over from Kokomaster, D’Banj. Now it is my hope that, the same way D’banj has inspired multitudes of young people to take to the music studio, Ify will equally inspire large numbers of young Nigerians to find a future in the research laboratory. -Tolu Ogunlesi, a writer and now journalist, was also a nominee for the TFA 2010 Best Young Person of the Year

Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by SEFAGO(m): 1:25am On May 22, 2010
^ Whats this rubbish grin, you call a PhD student nigeria's young person of the year- there are like hundreds of Oxford PhD students lol
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by Nobody: 1:30am On May 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ Whats this rubbish grin, you call a PhD student nigeria's young person of the year- there are like hundreds of Oxford PhD students lol
For once, just shut up and admit that she's brilliant.

Read her resumee again, not all PhD students can boast of that.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 1:36am On May 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

FL Gators:

HAHAHAHH! Its really easy to get you ngbatis to tear at each other's throat. lol
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 1:38am On May 22, 2010
Sefago:

Dbanji was Nigeria's young person of the year before her. Now compare her and DBanji.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by Nobody: 1:40am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

HAHAHAHH! Its really easy to get you ngbatis to tear at each other's throat. lol
Are you retarded?
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 1:42am On May 22, 2010
FL Gators:

Are you retarded?

Qsn: Are you retarded?
Ans: Nope!
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by Jcob(m): 1:45am On May 22, 2010
Nairalanders and mode of answering questions, embarassed
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by Nobody: 1:47am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

Qsn: Are you retarded?
Ans: Nope!
Then stop acting like a retarded baffoon, and start showing us that you have a PhD degree.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by sjeezy8: 1:48am On May 22, 2010
shes kinda hot congrats to her.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 1:49am On May 22, 2010
FL Gators:

Then stop acting like a retarded baffoon, and start showing us that you have a PhD degree.

No. I am not also an aligator. All the baffooned aligators I know are from Ekiti repete!
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by SEFAGO(m): 1:53am On May 22, 2010
FL Gators:

I scanned it. One thing though, quite typical for PhD students at good Universities. It makes sense- but still calling how Nigerian young person of the year- its just sad that this is what we are impressed with lol

sjeezy8:

shes kinda hot congrats to her.

I thot so too, but if you see a real picture of her you will say chineke hehe
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by sjeezy8: 1:53am On May 22, 2010
lol ^^^
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by Nobody: 1:58am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

No. I am not also an aligator. All the baffooned aligators I know are from Ekiti repete!
Lol! As I thought. . .
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by SEFAGO(m): 2:00am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

Sefago:

Dbanji was Nigeria's young person of the year before her. Now compare her and DBanji.

where is bayo ogunlesi's equivalent grin, lol
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by Nobody: 2:02am On May 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

I scanned it. One thing though, quite typical for PhD students at good Universities. It makes sense- but still calling how Nigerian young person of the year- its just sad that this is what we are impressed with lol
Duuuuuuuuuude, dont let meku get to you.

You know you're impressed wink
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:03am On May 22, 2010
Sefago
Bayo Ogunlesi is just managing other people's money. How much of his money is involved? He does not own any of the investment companies he manages. An Igbo trader in Onitsha counting billions and waiting for his containers is better off.lol
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:05am On May 22, 2010
Adebayo Ogunlesi is currently Chairman and Managing Partner of Global Infrastructure Partners, a $5.64 billion joint venture formed by Credit Suisse and General Electric. Prior to his current role, he was Executive Vice Chairman and Chief Client Officer of Credit Suisse, based in New York. He previously served as a member of Credit Suisse’s Executive Board and Management Council and chaired the Chairman’s Board. Previously, he was the Global Head of Investment Banking at Credit Suisse. Since joining Credit Suisse in 1983, Mr. Ogunlesi has advised clients on strategic transactions and financings in a broad range of industries and has worked on transactions in North and South America, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. He currently Acquired the London Gatwick Airport in a deal worth £1.455 billion

Prior to joining Credit Suisse, Mr. Ogunlesi was an attorney in the corporate practice group of the New York law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore. From 1980-81 he served as a law clerk to Associate Justice Thurgood Marshall of the United States Supreme Court.

Mr. Ogunlesi attended the prestigious Kings College Lagos, Nigeria after which he received his B.A. with first class honors in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, from Oxford University, his J.D. magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School and his M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School. He is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association. He was a lecturer at Harvard Law School and the Yale School of Organization and Management, where he taught a course on transnational investment projects in emerging countries.[
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by OgidiBoy(m): 2:05am On May 22, 2010
I wonder if she's single, she'll make a grate wife I'm sure.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:07am On May 22, 2010
Helping Credit Suisse and GE manage their joint investment. They can fire him anytime.lol
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by SEFAGO(m): 2:16am On May 22, 2010
Bayo Ogunlesi is just managing other people's money. How much of his money is involved? He does not own any of the investment companies he manages. An Igbo trader in Onitsha counting billions and waiting for his containers is better off.lol

mekusxxx:

Helping Credit Suisse and GE manage their joint investment. They can fire him anytime.lol

Yeah right. You are also being hired, they can fire you anytime- get off your laptop.

By the way you illiterate- its likely you dont know this because you dont work in prestigious fields- when you get to that position they dont just fire you. Also he likely has stock options given to him in credit-suisse.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:26am On May 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

Yeah right. You are also being hired, they can fire you anytime- get off your laptop.

By the way you illiterate- its likely you dont know this because you dont work in prestigious fields- when you get to that position they dont just fire you. Also he likely has stock options given to him in credit-suisse.

So what then is the big deal about him that you wont stop mentioning his name? He is a MERE employee like myself. Kase Lawal is even better.lol
Of course I can be fired anytime. But with my degrees I can get even better offers. No be akara. He does not hold a Ph.D, so what is the bleeping biggie about him?

I have millions of stocks in all 25 Nigerian banks being managed for me by others. also have stocks here. No biggie.lol
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by sjeezy8: 2:41am On May 22, 2010
not really clown Ogunlesi is the chairman and a founder of GIP & at the same time was the former Senior Advisor at Credit Suisse.

Get your facts straight guy.

so he cant get fired ode. Meaning money was to small at Credit Suisse, so he went into his own tings.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:48am On May 22, 2010
^^^^
The board can fire him. He is only the head amongst equals. He does not own Suisse Credit nor GE. You are an ignoramus

Hes not the founder, He is a managing patner. Does GIP belong to him? Hell No. GIP belongs to GE and Credit Suisse. Bloody liar.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by SEFAGO(m): 2:50am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

So what then is the big deal about him that you wont stop mentioning his name? He is a MERE employee like myself. Kase Lawal is even better.lol
Of course I can be fired anytime. But with my degrees I can get even better offers. No be akara. He does not hold a Ph.D, so what is the bleeping biggie about him?

I have millions of stocks in all 25 Nigerian banks being managed for me by others.  also have stocks here. No biggie.lol

He attended two of the most prestigious schools in the world. He has held some top positions in major banks. He is way more portable than you are, and earns more than you could imagine. You attended a useless Nigerian University+useless British school+Noname European school- you cannot match his job offers in your lifetime. No major IB or company would hire you in such a position becuase of your inferior educational degrees. Why will they hire you when they have the whole Ivy league+Uchicago+Berkeley+MIT+Stanford+oxbridge to consider?

Whats so spectacular about a PhD when the awarding school is not recognized?? You wasted ur time my friend.

You even forgot his experience which is phenomenal? You have stocks in Nigerian banks and they are equivalent to credit suisse lol.

FL Gators:

Duuuuuuuuuude, dont let meku get to you.

You know you're impressed wink

I doubt it. I just came from a reception in which the department I studied at University mentioned where my classmates are studying for PhDs- Berkeley, Yale, Harvard, Stanford, and Northwestern were the schools they were attending. All these schools stump on Oxford in biomedicine. Not to  talk of mekusxxx subpar education.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by sjeezy8: 2:51am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^
The board can fire him. He is only the head amongst equals. He does not own Suisse Credit nor GE. You are an ignoramus

Hes not the founder, He is a managing patner. Does GIP belong to him? Hell No. GIP belongs to GE and Credit Suisse. Bloody liar.

you obviously dont know what investment banking is.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:52am On May 22, 2010
He studied in Harvard. Do you know where I studied? There are millions of other harvard graduates. He's just one among many. So you have been hyPing him for nothing really. Typical Yoruba noisome mo-rons.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by Nobody: 2:52am On May 22, 2010
You guys are so boring  
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:53am On May 22, 2010
Investment Banking=Yoruba banking.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by mekusxxx: 2:54am On May 22, 2010
Bayo Ogunlesi's resume is public knowldege. Please do not attribute to him what he is not.
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by sjeezy8: 2:58am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx:

Investment Banking=Yoruba banking.

damn you people are still behind in doing advanced business stuvs like financial anaylsis, corporate finance,investment banking and shiot like dat.

Im telling you you guys are NOT business mehn ATALL.

your own interpretation of business is " I bother you till you give me money and I give you whatever"
Re: Presenting Nigeria’s Young Person Of The Year . by SEFAGO(m): 2:58am On May 22, 2010
mekusxxx dont be retarded. You cannot get fired from a board.  They have to vote you out, and based on cogent reasons too. When you get voted out, you would likely sell your shares to other members of the board. Upon all the shares you have bought you are ignorant about business

mekusxxx:

He studied in Harvard. Do you know where I studied? There are millions of other harvard graduates. He's just one among many. So you have been hyPing him for nothing really. Typical Yoruba noisome mo-rons.

LOL, you want to start making claims. You did not attend  any school that could be considered equivalent to anywhere he did LOL. Go and burn your useless PhD diploma.

U are just a fakie. You have nothing to boast about lol. You and your overhyped ethnic group.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cbn Governor Sanusi Named Among Time100 Most Influential People In The World / Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation / Toxic Waste Imported Into Lagos By Alaba Market Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.