Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food (5352 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorists Raid Villages In Borno / Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorist Killed In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by makajibbz(m): 5:28am On May 24, 2010
@young,
the americans are just tryin to protect their country from danger
but we are transferring the frustration into racial discrimination.
i agree with foreigners applying for VISAS before entering our
country,cos we're submitted to the same conditions.
but pleasetake it easy on them.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by princekevo(m): 6:52am On May 24, 2010
I have no problem with this Niger men and women coming into Nigeria for alms, but i think they should controlled by Nigerian immigration. Nigerian immigration should have a proper record of them, so that they could easily deport them back to their country when they become a threat the country's security. Though i know this is just a tales, coz we have not even the proper record of Nigerian Citizens how much more the foreigners. This guys will come in today as beggars tml they become terrorist, terrorising the north and the Christians.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by tEsLim(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2010
They should be deported! You need to see how some of this so called neighbouring countries immigration officers treat Nigerians

DEPORTATION!!! PLEASE!
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Confusion: 8:18am On May 24, 2010
it is one thing to feel pity for this people and another thing to understand the mindset of the northern leaders
a lot of times u find that the difference between the rich and the poor in the north is so wide
the leader just prefer to send their own children to the west for education instead of creating good facilities that will create an enabling environment , then they wait for the poor to come begging so that they can always be giving them
that way they can always be lord over them, sometimes use them to cause trouble wherever they want
this is the mentality of the north that i detest
another school of thought is that this influx is simply sponsored by the leaders so that they can boost their election number, this is not the first time, it also happen in the last election but wasnt so publicize.
we should stop being sentimental in this country and handle issues the right way
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by 190: 9:02am On May 24, 2010
why dont they just put an electric fence to kill who ever touches these fence
on our borders

we dont have electricity and we share
we dont have food and now we are sharing

make i catch one wen go come beg me for food
i go chop am myself!
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by babsmii(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2010
190:

on our borders

i go chop am myself!

u dey vex, lol u even wrote in red to show how serious and blood hungry u are, lol
but seriously, these people should be deported and given aid to help them right in their country. we are trying to pull people off the streets and some hungry foreigners are crowding it up,
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by skfa1: 9:12am On May 24, 2010
Which time Naija good like this?
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Falajuro(m): 9:24am On May 24, 2010
The average Nigerian apparently, deep inside is not selfish when dealing with non-nigerians (my deductions from the postings so far).

Yet, a little bit of caution won´t be out of place!

I need #45,000 naira for a visa into Garbon, about #75,000 for same going into Angola both African countries. Is Nigeria loosing revenue here lipsrsealed?

Tomorrow will be Africas day; how united are we? Nigeria lost the big brother thing years back.

We have beggars in front of our mosques, churches, and fast food shops; how often do we give them the change from fast food shops?

Two years ago, cured lepers were seen littering the Warri - Port Harcourt road: how much does it take to build a "lepers basket making village" to reduce the menance of polyethylene bags and create employment for these people?

If it were in the western world, we will start a Foundation that will collect your coins or lower denomination notes from shopping centres, airports, banks, e.t.c. and use same for the above purpose showing that we are humane.

"Charity begins at home" is a definitely overused expression. I can bet we have people in need in Nigeria that will match whatever number of beggars that spill in from Niger! angry
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Ikengawo: 9:30am On May 24, 2010
look at you people talking about immigration

i swear you will imitate every hideous act against man so long as white ppl do it first and make you feel biog for copying them

these are hungry people that are looking for something to eat. it is flat out unafrican and unhuman to prolong their starvation in the name of 'proper immigration'

a lot of you people are the lowest type of human beings alive. a little girl is singing on the street for food and you're talking about immigration

we're not white ppl and white people aren't perfect assess the world around you and stop being a sheep.

in america if you are hungry you will die. period. nobody will help you because you have nobody. in africa if your hungry you can go to your neighbors and he will feed you for years without question, so why would our nations behave differently?

look how ready we are to through away what makes us great people for the sake of being like whites.

immigration.
wow.
god will answer you.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Ikengawo: 9:33am On May 24, 2010
The average Nigerian apparently, deep inside is not selfish when dealing with non-nigerians (my deductions from the postings so far).

Yet, a little bit of caution won´t be out of place!

I need #45,000 naira for a visa into Garbon, about #75,000 for same going into Angola both African countries. Is Nigeria loosing revenue here Lips sealed?

Tomorrow will be Africas day; how united are we? Nigeria lost the big brother thing years back.

We have beggars in front of our mosques, churches, and fast food shops; how often do we give them the change from fast food shops?

Two years ago, cured lepers were seen littering the Warri - Port Harcourt road: how much does it take to build a "lepers basket making village" to reduce the menance of polyethylene bags and create employment for these people?

If it were in the western world, we will start a Foundation that will collect your coins or lower denomination notes from shopping centres, airports, banks, e.t.c. and use same for the above purpose showing that we are humane.

"Charity begins at home" is a definitely overused expression. I can bet we have people in need in Nigeria that will match whatever number of beggars that spill in from Niger! Angry

thats a lie. i work with the homeless in the western world. 30 years ago if they didn't behave right they were chained to poles like dogs until they calmed down.

today they are medicated and pilled until they're totally helpless and dependant on the system, then released back into the world with literally no family ties cause they just got locked up for 15 years for being hungry and homeless.

then they commit suicide, do drugs to cope, or come right back.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by hectorswag(m): 9:33am On May 24, 2010
190:

on our borders

i go chop am myself!

abi lol  grin grin grin  but you no suppose dey vex reach like dis na  grin

skfa1:

Which time Naija good like this?

hehehehe, i wonder myself! cheesy
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Falajuro(m): 9:36am On May 24, 2010
*Confusion*
You are the opposite of your nickname this time around!!!

You have just answered one of my questions: "Do they have some kind of support from some Nigerians in terms of learning local languages by memorising speeches, transport to remote locations, shelter, food, e.t.c?"

Thanks!
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by sayso: 9:40am On May 24, 2010
food dey we land
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by jorem(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2010
I really pity those people, government can only try her possible best to control the situation. well, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by hectorswag(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2010
Falajuro:

*Confusion*
You are the opposite of your nickname this time around!!!

You have just answered one of my questions: "Do they have some kind of support from some Nigerians in terms of learning local languages by memorising speeches, transport to remote locations, shelter, food, e.t.c?"

Thanks!
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Falajuro(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2010
*Ikengawo*
Ordinarily, I do not reply to contributors; neither is it unacceptable for you to disagree with my positions on issues.

I believe the objective of these threads are to inform, educate, and meet people of different kinds.

What I regard as an indisputable fact might be false until you have the chance to educate me better.

For a start, with your experience with the needy in the western world WHAT DOES THE SALVATION ARMY DO? How is it run?

You have the in-alienable right to be sympathetic to any living thing, including plants and animals. I am of the opinion that one
should watch his/her own "health" first before stretching out a helping hand. And, even when you stretch out the helping hand
ensure you do not "tilt over and fall" in the process.

One accepted wise word a day by the humble will guide a lost nation back home!
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Pain(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2010
Could this be a plot to beef up population of voters ahead of the Elections?
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Ikengawo: 10:05am On May 24, 2010
no. this has been happening since before nigeria existed. I saw them in lagos 5 years ago.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Falajuro(m): 10:07am On May 24, 2010
Can anybody help with a google earth map of the worst affected areas in the Sahel that will warrant such an unprecedented influx of the Nigeriennes in search of succour in Nigeria?
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by aydoth(m): 10:17am On May 24, 2010
Niger is a member of ECOWAS community and as such there is no strict restrictions to movement of people in the sub region.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by otokx(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2010
What are the immigration officials doing?
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Kx: 11:16am On May 24, 2010
I wont be surprised to see a 300% increase in katsina's population in the next census.
Before u say Jack,this guys will be alla kubaring in the mosques and informerly confered with
nigerian citizenship by religion.
They just add up these illegal immigrants in their figures to gain more revenue over
their counterparts from the south.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by candylips(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2010
aboki !!
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Ranoscky(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2010
may OLUWA provide for their needs. cry
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by Aderupoko2: 5:25pm On May 24, 2010
I feel so much for the people of Niger republic,that is what bad leadership and greed could cause a nation.But beyond that,some months back,I travelled to Cameroon and I noticed that everybody had an identity card.School children were identified by their school I.D card.I was persistently going about with my international passport inorder to avoid any form of harassment.Even Benin republic deport Nigerians(how did they know they are Nigerians).Nigeria has no official structures in place to identify aliens.Most of the big crimes and bandit raids are carried out by Niger nationals.When I see Niger and Sudanese beggars on the roads,I see a generation coming up that will not be so humble to beg.Recently we could see how Ghanian government are treating foreign business men (including Nigerians)by asking them for $300,000 company registration fees.Nigeria should wake up.Like the bible says in Psams 112:5 - A good man showeth favor,and lendeth:HE WILL GUIDE HIS AFFAIRS WITH DISCRETION .Lets be wise!
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by wellingtn: 6:04pm On May 24, 2010
For God's sake! How can a supposed Immigration Officer claim to be helpless in the face of illegal influx of potential criminals?

When we look at the history of these Nigeriens in Nigeria, they have been the most wicked and brutal armed robbers and ready tools in the hands of religious riot planners.  I hope this is not a silent recruit of potential thorns in the flesh of the new government.

President Jonathan should look more seriously at this issue, to be fore warned is to be fore armed.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by PeeDaVinci: 6:14pm On May 24, 2010
i am more worried about the fact that they increase the population in the north, and as we all know, population determines who rules us and how revenue is shared. I can only pray one of them wont turn our to be another Abacha whose Dad is a Chadian immigrant
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by astuto: 6:04am On May 25, 2010
My fellow Nairalanders,

Please i want to start by being objective here. I have noted some Anti-North remarks above, namely how the infllux of Nigeriens is a ploy to increase the overall population of the northern Nigerian states, esp Katsina. that may be very false. It is a known fact that Nigeria's land borders are very porous and pple come in from outside almost at will. Please don't make it look different when it occurs in the Northern border with, moreso in a hunger-driven crisis as we have all seen.

About the Nigeriens who are coming in, what should be done is:
1. Build or provide temporary shelters for them to aid their resuscitation and rehabilitation
2. Make sure that all Nigeriens who enter are accounted for in these shelters, and ensure a proper head count, with entry of fingerprints and photos into a database that shall immediately be set up.
3. After providing these our neighbors with food and health care, to send them peacefully back to their country at a time agreed upon by the two governments. They can't live here forever, unless they want to naturalize which is not why they came here.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by 2gd: 9:13am On May 25, 2010
For those of us who have experienced religious crisis in d north, and who know that most of the mercenaries are from neighboring countries, we should start praying that these 'hungry people' are not actually a 'trojan horse', cos I no fit shout .

One should also hope that after they 'settle down' here, they wont become one of 'those people'

But really, our borders should be better than this na?
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by 2gd: 10:11am On May 25, 2010
@ astuto: you made very good points.
I hope they can do that sha.
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by hectorswag(m): 10:21am On May 25, 2010
2gd:

@ astuto: you made very good points.
I hope they can do that sha.
see this topic is already begining to annoy me nw, the government haven't done that for our dear citizens, they're going to cater for foreigners. . . doesn't it annoy you when you see your fellow country men being oppressed!! with all the hunger that is in this country!! come on. . . undecided
Re: Hundreds Flock To Nigeria In Search Of Food by KnowAll(m): 10:44am On May 25, 2010
[size=14pt]What’s all the fusses about the Nigerians are they not members of the ECOWAS union ?, they are entitled to travel to any of the 15 ECOWAS countries to seek greener pastures. Their migrating patterns are not any different from Polish, Latvians and Estonians coming to the UK after joining the EU.

The problem we have in Nigeria is lack of an enabling environment, if the Banks are willing and giving small and medium Entrepreneurs money to invest and establish companies, the multiplying effect of such positive economic activity puts any negative fear into insignificance, for example if 30 million SME’s employ just 3 Nigerians, Nigeria as a country would experience full employment, although the concept of full-employment is a fallacy, but near full employment.

What would then happen in that kind of scenario will be Entrepreneurs who require hundreds and thousands of workers would be force to go to places like Niger and Mali to recruit for work force because Nigerians who are actively looking for work are actively engaged.

The scenario described above actually happened in Wales, UK, whereby a local Bus company had to put advert in polish newspapers to recruit much needed manpower to man their Buses.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

By 2050 The Population Of Nigeria Will Be 402 Million / Prophet Who Predicted Jonathan’s Defeat Says What Will Happen To Buhari, Agbaje / Sambo Dasuki's Father,the Ex Sultan Of Sokoto Was Dethroned For Corruption.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.