Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation (10354 Views)

PDP Condemns Invasion Of Edo Assembly Complex By Security Agents / PDP Condemns Invasion Of Akwa-ibom House Of Assembly / PDP Condemns Torching Of Party’s Flags By Omisore’s Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by rhemmiedream(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2018
Ratello:

Now I know you only gas out but no voice. What a shallow minded soul you are.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by OBAGADAFFI: 12:46pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

If they like they withold the budget.

We'll see who would guard them.

In any case, what section of the constitution enables them summon the IG in person?

The Constitution is clear on the Oversight role of the Senate.

Ironically, 80% of the same NASS guy might be reelected next year
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by GavelSlam: 12:46pm On May 10, 2018
Ratello:

This is what the miserable man you supported in 2015 has caused the youths and now they resort to open begging yet you still have no shame like a fully ranked Zombie General still shouting "Sai Baba till 2023" funny clowns everywhere

There have been lazy Nigerians for generations and in my opinion many are simply fraudsters.

This is just the easier platform to carry out their activities.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by GIDIBANKZ(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2018
Godzlove8:
one cup of rice will do me for today.. One love

Account no: 0049340959
Diamond bank

Bro go hustle abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by magzey: 12:47pm On May 10, 2018
Ratello:

Now I know you only gas out but no voice. What a shallow minded soul you are.
I think you are the shallow minded ,the constitution provide that a stand in deputy can represent IGP why are the senate not giving the deputy Audience when he went on behalf of the IGP who is away on Assignment. Just because a senator was touched is that enough to call IGP for explanation? Are they above the law?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by ebuk4real(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

I would judge.

There are various opportunities for whoever wants to work.

Am interested. Rather than beg, Link me then....I am in Calabar though

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by GavelSlam: 12:49pm On May 10, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

The Constitution is clear on the Oversight role of the Senate.

Ironically, 80% of the same NASS guy might be reelected next year

There is nothing like the constitution is clear.

Did you see any senator cite the provision?
Because they know they are simply proclaiming an illegality similar to what they tried to do with Itse Sagay unsuccessfully last year.

Let 80% return. That is the choice of their constituency.
Whatever they receive they should take it.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by GavelSlam: 12:50pm On May 10, 2018
ebuk4real:

Am interested. Rather than beg, Link me then....I am in Calabar though

Go to ogoja to get yam.

If you sell your phone you would get enough yam to sell in Calabar.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by damiBJ: 12:50pm On May 10, 2018
rusher14:
Stupid party.

Why can't they provide the sections of the constitution that compels an IG to a Senate summons?

If not that they are grandstanding, shouldn't they be accepting of a deputy or in fact requesting the presence of the minister of interior?

God bless u for dis writeup

Let me guess, they are more interested in Dino's case because he is more special than the common man.

Rubbish party.

Rubbish NASS.

Watch how a common man, who has been at the receiving end of the inordinate ambition of the NASS jumps to their support.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by justtoodark: 12:51pm On May 10, 2018
Ratello:

This is what the miserable man you supported in 2015 has caused the youths and now they resort to open begging yet you still have no shame like a fully ranked Zombie General still shouting "Sai Baba till 2023" funny clowns everywhere

park well joor....police dont have to play along in a corrupt system....that is their job to be neutral....

thats international standard for police worldwide....police can arrest even buhari if they need to ......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by ebuk4real(m): 12:52pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

Go to ogoja to get yam.

If you sell your phone you would get enough yam to sell in Calabar.
Hahahaha...how much will you buy my phone? Send me your account details too....I will surprise you...
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Godzlove8(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

You are not lazy but you come on an online forum to beg.
Already today I've seen at least 3 of you using similar formats.
Nonsense.
3 of me? It's okay sir.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by BabaO2: 12:57pm On May 10, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Really, you forgot the same NASS confirm the IG.
The same NASS handle the Budget for the Police.
They are not his employer, IG was recruited by the presidency. No shaking for the man.

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Metuh: 12:57pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

You are not lazy but you come on an online forum to beg.
Already today I've seen at least 3 of you using similar formats.
Nonsense.
Do you have any work doing at all
Pot calling kettle black
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by GavelSlam: 12:59pm On May 10, 2018
Metuh:

Do you have any work doing at all

Pot calling kettle black

Yes I do.

And I would never go on any forum to beg for money.

It's not a matter of unnecessary pride.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by justtoodark: 1:05pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

Yes I do.

And I would never go on any forum to beg for money.

It's not a matter of unnecessary pride.

do you even bother to listen to them....?...

they will give you an headache....

what the hell is a bmc....??

they dont make sense......better dont listen to easterners......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by OBAGADAFFI: 1:07pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

There is nothing like the constitution is clear.

Did you see any senator cite the provision?
Because they know they are simply proclaiming an illegality similar to what they tried to do with Itse Sagay unsuccessfully last year.

Let 80% return. That is the choice of their constituency.
Whatever they receive they should tale it.

Section 88 of the Constitution provides that:

“(1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed investigation into – (a) any matter or thing with respect to which it has power to make laws, and (b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged, with the duty of or responsibility for – (i) executing or administering laws enacted by National Assembly, and (ii) disbursing or administering moneys appropriated or to be appropriated by the National Assembly; and that “(2) the powers conferred on the National Assembly under the provisions of this section are exercisable only for the purpose of enabling it to – (a) make laws with respect to any matter within its legislative competence and correct any defects in existing laws; and (b) expose corruption, inefficiency or waste in the execution or administration of laws within its legislative competence and in the disbursement or administration of funds appropriated by it.”
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by OBAGADAFFI: 1:10pm On May 10, 2018
BabaO2:

They are not his employer, IG was recruited by the presidency. No shaking for the man.

Without the Confirmation from the NASS, he won't be the IG.

NASS confirmation is as important as the Appointment, they are both employers here.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 10, 2018
PDP needs to do more.

I welcome the strong worded message in very clear terms, and if this affront continues, the Senate needs to suspend sitting till further notice and let the tyrant run the country as a totalitarian.

We must all avoid the up coming war, and it is becoming apparent that we are heading to a total anarchy, a precursor to every civil wars.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by GavelSlam: 1:12pm On May 10, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Section 88 of the Constitution provides that:

“(1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed investigation into – (a) any matter or thing with respect to which it has power to make laws, and (b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged, with the duty of or responsibility for – (i) executing or administering laws enacted by National Assembly, and (ii) disbursing or administering moneys appropriated or to be appropriated by the National Assembly; and that “(2) the powers conferred on the National Assembly under the provisions of this section are exercisable only for the purpose of enabling it to – (a) make laws with respect to any matter within its legislative competence and correct any defects in existing laws; and (b) expose corruption, inefficiency or waste in the execution or administration of laws within its legislative competence and in the disbursement or administration of funds appropriated by it.”

What law were they trying enact?

What case of corruption were they trying to investigate?
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by GavelSlam: 1:14pm On May 10, 2018
Solstar:
PDP needs to do more.

I welcome the strong worded message in very clear terms, and if this affront continues, the Senate needs to suspend sitting till further notice and let the tyrant run the country as a totalitarian.

We must all avoid the up coming war, and it is becoming apparent that we are heading to a total anarchy, a precursor to every civil wars.

The better for the Senate to close shop.

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by michoim(m): 1:14pm On May 10, 2018
This PDP is a hypocrite! When PDP was in power and Diezani the then minister of petroleum refuse to honor Senate invitations, the same PDP didn't say anything then...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:17pm On May 10, 2018
DONSMITH123:

Never in our democratic history as a people and as a nation, has a service chief treated the National Assembly with disdain like the current IGP.
Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/pdp-condemns-igs-refusal-to-honour-senate-invitation/
As in eeehhhh. Its just too much!

This administration has turned our economy upside down!

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Stallion93(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2018
We are just Useless, do we even know what Is called The Senate? Do we know what Power is Wielded by the Senate? Can we Even define Democracy? What do we even know About Rule of law? What is a mace? What is National Security? We don't know shiit!! Because we see America and other Advanced Climes Operating under an Optimal Democratic System, we just rushed to Copy and paste on our terrain without even knowing the meaning of anything, We think America just found herself is such Advanced form, Wars were fought blood and sweat were shed to achieve that form of government but we don't wanna know, we just Like to Abuse everything. Just look at our caricature Parliament even the presidency is worse let alone our judiciary and Policemen. No words, we are just Useless
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by ekestic1976(f): 1:20pm On May 10, 2018
Some top functionaries of the Jonathan Administration spurned the summons of the Senate way back then, but no one remembered that PDP was a corrupt party!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by OBAGADAFFI: 1:22pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

What law were they trying enact?

What case of corruption were they trying to investigate?

Are you sure you understand the section 88

Section 89 of the Constitution states that:

“(1) For the purposes of any investigation under section 88 of this Constitutional and subject to the provisions thereof, the Senate or the House of Representatives or a committee appointed in accordance with section 62 of this Constitution shall have power to – (a) procure all such evidence, written or oral, direct or circumstantial, as it may think necessary or desirable, and examine all persons as witnesses whose evidence may be material or relevant to the subject matter; (b) require such evidence to be given on oath; (c) summon any person in Nigeria to give evidence at any place or produce any document or other thing in his possession or under his control, and examine him as a witness and require him to produce any document or other thing in his possession or under his control, subject to all just exceptions; and (d) issue a warrant do so and does not excuse such failure, refusal or neglect to the satisfaction of the House or the committee in question, and order him to pay all costs which may have been occasioned in compelling his attendance or by reason of his failure, refusal or neglect to obey the summons, and also to impose such fine as may be to compel the attendance of any person who, after having been summoned to attend, fails, refuses or neglects to prescribed for any such failure, refusal or neglect; and any fine so imposed shall be recoverable in the same manner as a fine imposed by a court of law” “(2) A summons or warrant issued under this section may be served or executed by any member of the Nigeria Police Force or by any person authorised in that behalf by the President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as the case may require.”
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by PSTEMMA1960(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2018
Godzlove8:
one cup of rice will do me for today.. One love

Account no: 0049340959
Diamond bank
where do u live?if u are close to Benue or abj i can buy small yam and send to u, atleast 10 tubers because yam is cheap here..
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Acidosis(m): 1:23pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

Anyone in support of the Senate must really be ignorant.

You're the ignorant one bro. An average Senator can afford 10 fully armed policemen. This isn't only about them; yes there seems to be some sorts of political/hypocritical undertone but who isn't? Do you know any politician that is not a hypocrite?

You as a common man should only learn to stand with whoever is going to favour the masses at every point in time. The police has never been friends to anyone, not to the masses, not to the senators so stop making excuses for that animal.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by DEcclesia(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2018
truly he is unfit to hold any public office and also there is tendency of him knowing and having something to do with Fulani's constant attack
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by rusher14: 1:28pm On May 10, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Really, you forgot the same NASS confirm the IG.
The same NASS handle the Budget for the Police.

Confirmation is a constitutional requirement which they must execute.

It doesn't confer on them the power to summon on a personal basis.

The IG can send a deputy to act on his behalf as enshrined in the constitution.

In accordance with the extant laws in Nigeria, the functions, duties and responsibilities of the Inspector General of Police as stated in Section 215(1a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended, and the Police Act and Regulations Section 309(1) can also be carried out as mentioned in sections 7(1),312(1), 313(2) of the Police Act and Regulations by a senior officer of the Force of the Rank of Deputy Inspector General of Police or an Assistant Inspector General of Police who if permitted by the Inspector General of Police to act on his behalf or represent him in an official capacity at any official function, event or programme within and outside Nigeria can do so in consonant with the provisions of the Police Act and Regulations.
Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:29pm On May 10, 2018
I have no love for the National Assembly and believe the Legislature to be the most corrupt and utterly useless arm of the Nigerian government, but it sounds pretty absurd in a functional democracy for a prominent national security appointee of the FG to resolutely refuse the summons of the legislature, frustrating their constitutional oversight functions as our elected representatives. Those supporting this are being deliberately obtuse sycophants of the presidency or have no idea how a functional democracy is supposed to operate and the role of legislators in holding public officers to account.

1 Like

Re: PDP Condemns IG’s Refusal To Honour Senate Invitation by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 10, 2018
SENATE - WATCH IT! . That was an article written by Col Abubakar Umar Dangiwa in the Guardian Newspaper of 6th August, 2017. As a young man undergoing regimental training while Col Abubakar was in Lagos (Armour Corps) then later as Mil Gov Kaduna State, I have taken so much interest in him. In the said article, he complained about the humiliation of Col Hammed Ibrahim Ali the Custom CG &,the harassment of Hadiza Usman the head of NPA.

Having gone through that article, I immediately remembered the letter written by Obj to National Assembly accusing them of high level corruption, I also remember the uncivilized & crude way of electing the present NASS leadership - the method that is unacceptable in civilized environment. Election where majority of party members were deceived & betrayed including old men like Senator Gemade, Abdulahi Adamu & others. We also have old man in the person of Buhari & party leaders betrayed & deceived. Dino was making a mockery of the total number of senators required to form a quorum for election to be held.

When Dino was declared wanted by Police, he failed to report, rather publicly, he was seen attending functions & being given a cover by the Senate President. The Senate makes law, while the Police enforces law. Both the maker of the law & the enforcer of the law, none is above the law. I remembered when Senator David Mark was the Senate President & Senator Iyabo Obasanjo was declared wanted by EFCC over 20 million naira her committee received from Ministry of Health, she went into hiding. Senator Mark was accused of hiding her but he said no because he knows law. Nobody saw Iyabo Obasanjo with Senator Mark during this period until she reported herself to EFCC.

Cases related to treason or felony is much more grave than corruption. Political cases all around the world most of the time end as treason or felony. I am a Yoruba man, I was told the story of Awolowo, I read of a lot of political cases in Africa & beyond. I witnessed Abiola & Obj cases. I pray for Dino & plead with stakeholders on his behalf.

There is nothing the Senate under this present leadership can do to IGP. Falana once said the difference between human beings & animals is the rule of law. Those who make the law & those enforcing the law are not above the law. Senate - Watch it!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose: Buhari Has Failed In Securing Nigerians. "Mr Integrity, My Foot" / Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.