Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead (10355 Views)

Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi Discharged And Acquited! / Bamaiyi, Ex-ndlea Boss Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 3:37am On Apr 18, 2007
Former Chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Maj. General Musa Bamaiyi (retd) is dead. He was aged 58.
Bamaiyi died in Zuru, his country home in Kebbi State on Tuesday.

The cause of the former NDLEA boss death is not immediately known, but Daily Sun gathered that he had a history of diabetes. Bamaiyi was,however, believed to have taken ill for long as he was seen driving a car with his wife about 72 hours before his death.

His remains have been buried in his country home on Tuesday evening.
Gen. Bamaiyi was appointed the fourth chairman of NDLEA by the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha.

His headship of the drug agency marked a turning point in the fight against drug trafficking as many drug barons were put out of business.

Bamaiyi also headed the Armed Forces Resettlement Centre, Oshodi Lagos. He was brigade commander of 31 Brigade, Makurdi and acting governor of Benue State in 1984.
Reacting to the death, Bamaiyi’s close friend, Senator Joseph Waku, described the sad event as shocking.
Waku described Bamaiyi as a sociable, but a tough military officer. He prayed for the repose of the deceased’s soul.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/apr/18/national-18-04-2007-03.htm
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by Jakumo(m): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2007
Isn't Bamaiyi the soldier who arrested Fela Ransome Kuti for smoking his usual joint, and then "paraded" and humiliated the renowned Afro Beat musician on TV like a convicted mass murderer ?
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by chidichris(m): 7:13am On Apr 18, 2007
Congratulations! he is going to meet his former boss(Abacha) for their continuation of military terror overthere
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2007
I think he is the same man, he was in charge of the Ndlea back then
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by ishmael(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2007
may his soul rest in peace, amen.
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2007
Evil that men does will trail them to their grave.  I wonder if he led a wonderful life, but we remember him as  the man that put FELA in jail for smoking IGBO
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by hbrednic: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2007
bully and terror was his game,he thought he will live forever. a beg make he dey jare
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by hbrednic: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2007
make him dey go jare,i mean to say cool
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by Afam(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2007
If you are not involved in hard drugs then I wonder why you will have harsh words for Bamaiyi when his job was to stop those involved in illegal drug trafficking.

Sometimes I can't understand Nigeria, we abuse those that are trying to make Nigeria better and hail those that steal Nigeria blind.

May his sould rest in perfect peace.
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by Mamajama(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2007
Afam interesting maybe hbrednic ws a hard pusher back then, Allen Avenue boys, lol
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by Afam(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2007
Helep me ask am ooo.

No wonder a lot of people dislike Ribadu but like Atiku even when the 2 stand on different sides of the corruption fence.
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by McKren(m): 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2007
@Mamajama

Evil that men does will trail them to their grave.  I wonder if he led a wonderful life, but we remember him as  the man that put FELA in jail for smoking IGBO

Next time when you write that spell it like that

IGBO'

note the emphatic stress after "O" LOL  ,  Kidding
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by lewa(m): 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2007
It is destined for man to see his maker one day~RIP
Never liked him and his bro Musa;coarse,uncivil,unprofessioal peasants in uniform
Re: Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead by mazaje(m): 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2007
May his soul rest in peace

(1) (Reply)

Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC / President Goodluck Jonathan To Visit China Next Week / Crowd At Jonathan's Rally In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.