Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

22yrs Old Young Nigerian Becomes Youngest Councillor In The UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22yrs Old Young Nigerian Becomes Youngest Councillor In The UK (624 Views)

Biography: Yemi Adenuga Elected First Female Black Councillor In Ireland / Jeff Leventis: Police Beat Councillor During PDP Primaries In Rivers / Meet Princess Elizabeth Bright, The Youngest Councillor In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22yrs Old Young Nigerian Becomes Youngest Councillor In The UK by polis007(m): 2:35pm On May 10, 2018
Princess Elizabeth Bright, a 22yrs old student has been elected as one of the youngest councillors in UK, representing Eastbrook ward in Dagenham, during the UK Election which took place on Thursday, May 3rd.

Her mother, Councillor Afolasade Bright from the Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council was also re-elected. She is also a former speaker/civic mayor London borough of Hackney.

Princess Elizabeth after the election results wrote:

Today 4th May 2018, God did it – he turned my setback into a comeback. I WON
� – officially been elected as the youngest Labour Councillor in my borough representing the fantastic Eastbrook Ward at the tender age of 22 alongside 2 amazing people Mick McCarthy and Tony Ramsay. We have worked so hard in this election, with one of the most target wards, but All the hard work, commitment and tears have finally paid off.

Would like to say Massive thank you to All who have supported Eastbrook in this campaign. From the CLP, to the borough-wide councillors, my Amazing MP Jon Cruddas who canvassed with me till the last hour, volunteers, friends and of course to the most supportive parents Afolasade Bright & PastorGbolahan Bright. She added.

There are now Four Councillors all ladies from the same Parish, RCCG The Master’s Sanctuary and they include; 22 years old Cllr Princess Bright, her mum; Cllr Afolasade Bright, Cllr Donna Lumsden and Cllr Dorothy Akwaboah.

A big congratulations to all of them.
http://africanglitz.com/2018/05/05/31730/#

1 Share

Re: 22yrs Old Young Nigerian Becomes Youngest Councillor In The UK by Thatitan234(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2018
her mates in Nigeria are still writing jamb and asking for recharge card money from their BFs.

Naija which way?

1 Like

Re: 22yrs Old Young Nigerian Becomes Youngest Councillor In The UK by Blackfire(m): 4:29pm On May 10, 2018
Abeg which tribe...
Re: 22yrs Old Young Nigerian Becomes Youngest Councillor In The UK by rafindo(m): 4:36pm On May 10, 2018
while her counterparts in nigeria are advance oloshos and slay mamas

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Will Never Support Me- Magnus Abe Phnews.ng / Party Convention: APC Crisis Deepens Over Power Sharing Formula / The Governor Willie Obiano Has Renamed Abakaliki Street As Club Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.