Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

"Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why (5527 Views)

Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences / Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

"Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by CastedAyo: 6:35am On May 11, 2018
A Nigerian lady, Ozzy Etomi has sparked up a debate on Twitter on whether husbands should pay their stay at home wives salary.

She also listed the reasons why she thinks husbands should pay their wives salary and even suggested they have a pension plan.

Read her reasons below;
"Husband is away, Nanny had an emergency, had to work from home today while handling an extremely precocious 10 month old. I'd pick going to work over staying in with a baby/toddler all day. Stay at home mom's dont get enough appreciation, admiration or respect. PAY YOUR WIVES.

I truly believe stay at home mothers should earn a salary, paid by their husbands. I dont want to start another twitter war, so instead I will write an article about this because I can ignore medium comments smiley I also believe they should insist on pension payments.

Why? Because more often than not, the exchange that is meant to be occurring is that husbands are "working for the family", while the woman is manning the domestic/childcare homefront. But the reality, especially in Africa is that husbands are working for themselves.

Wives hardly ever have unmonitored & unrestricted access to the man's earnings. A lot of us get to enjoy the "trappings" without actually being in control of any considerable assets. You enjoy benevolent gifts & ppl say "you're lucky your husband is generous".

But in truth it is not generosity. It is YOUR money too. That is the agreement. The wealth gap never closes because as husbands get richer, wives do not get richer. Stay at home wives do not get their monthly share of their husbands salary as theirs to keep/ save/ invest.

A lot of women with wealthy husbands get tickets bought, houses to stay in, clothes & expensive gifts, and "spending money". But most times do not have 2 cents to rub together without their husbands despite working together to build up the family for years. It is HIS money.

Thennnnn after years of being married, that nigga dies and lives everything to the kids. And then the cycle starts over with your children handing you pocket money. I've already said too much. Men, pay your wives sha. Build up her wealth too. Let her have a retirement plan.

It's not a curse to stay home and take care of kids, women shouldn't have to suffer for it.

Alright some of you dumb mf's already in my comments saying "so you want to be paid to take care of your child?" No, Dufus. When a woman commits to being a stay at home wife, she is manning the home front while you are leaving for considerable hours to earn money for the family..

When she does that, she is still using many considerable skills to keep the home organized, the house finances straight, making sure the kids are good, keeping staff in line, etc. She is doing a LOT OF WORK which is essentially unpaid labor.

You on the other hand are doing a lot of work which you are freed up to do because you dont have to worry about your home or your kids. When you bring home your share aka the finances. It is for you & your wife & kids. Not yours to mete out as you see fit.

Your wife, being someone who is at home, is not EARNING AN INCOME. Therefore if youre income isnt shared fairly with her, she is essentially living a life of poverty only offset by your 'generosity' and those are the men who even bother giving their wives an 'allowance'.

In a good % of this situation, women make money off skimming off the top of household expenses they have to inflate just to get extra money. Which is why when couples break up after years of marriage, or when a man dies, their wives can barely afford to take care of the kids.

Your wife deserves her fair share of your salary. Choosing to focus on the home/kids shouldn't result in financial exclusion for women as it often does. Suggest to me then other ways in which a full time stay at home mother can grow wealth, have investments and savings?

I have seen too often in many ppls situations how the household budget doesn't include the wife. Everyone gets taken into consideration except her. There is money for kids. Money for feeding. Money for house expenses. Staff gets paid.

But the woman is doing/supervising the cooking, shopping, managing, organizing, caring, etc, working herself to the bone exhausted every day for FREE, and the general sentiment is "what do you need YOUR own separate money for, everything is paid for" like she isn't her own person

Man, whatever, examine the lives of many couples around you and you know what i'm saying is true. Men spend the family money whenever and however they please with little or no permission. "Oh i feel like a new watch"..BAM!

But you see women strategizing how best to ask/request money for their husbands especially when it is something that is simply for them and not tied to household or kids. Thesis & speeches justifying the spend. Its such a scam.

Financial abuse is real and prevalent in marriages when one person has the financial power. Stay mad & ignorant if you want, but it simply is what it is."

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/8133.html

4 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:36am On May 11, 2018
Salary: No.

Money generally at anytime: Yes.

5 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Preshy561(f): 6:37am On May 11, 2018
if he insists you stay at home,that means he should bear the consequences of his actions,and yes,he should pay you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nobody: 6:50am On May 11, 2018
why did I book this space again??
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by wizrose(m): 6:53am On May 11, 2018
Preshy561:
if he insists you stay at home,that means he should bear the consequences of his actions,and yes,he should pay you.

girlz like you should be flog to dead grin grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Preshy561(f): 6:54am On May 11, 2018
wizrose:

how naw?

2 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by vizkiz: 7:00am On May 11, 2018
Only a maid stays at home and get paid for her services at the end of the month.

Your wife shouldn't be a stay at home mom. She went to school for a reason. She should be a supporter for the family instead of another liability.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Mynd44: 7:02am On May 11, 2018
Well, every point I want to make has been made already

1 Like

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Obito555(m): 7:06am On May 11, 2018
Like how much let's take the matter to the senate for deliberation

Lady woman every where

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by TreasuredGlory: 7:07am On May 11, 2018
E
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nobody: 7:07am On May 11, 2018
some husbands do pay
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by calddon(m): 7:07am On May 11, 2018
Did their father pay their mother to stay at home and raise them up?
And what will the money be used for?
I thought marriage mates are supposed to be a team?
Wont the children and the home benefit?

Its not advisable for the wife to stay at home without engaging in any supportive role to the man financially but If as a wife u agree to stay at home then stay at hone n stop disturbing us.

15 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nobody: 7:08am On May 11, 2018
Ok
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by okwabayi(m): 7:08am On May 11, 2018
Wasn't this posted and discussed upon yesterday?
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:08am On May 11, 2018
shocked what will they do with the salary? I think their needs are met already so no need for salary. They receive money for maintenance, wardrobe, manicure, pedicure, money for food etc

Need a clean website design without advanced payment? Kindly check my signature now.
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by frankmoney(m): 7:08am On May 11, 2018
If you check well the lady who posted this isn't married grin

Salary , like she is doing you a favor ? No , but you can give her monthly upkeep to keep the house in order , salary sounds like it's a contractual agreement and she can stop doing her duties as a wife whenever she desires
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by primeache: 7:09am On May 11, 2018
I'm not buying this nonsense poo.
Who benefits from the children most?

2 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by DivinelyBlessed: 7:09am On May 11, 2018
What kind of women do we have these days ??

7 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nobody: 7:10am On May 11, 2018
How many times this rubbish dey make FP

1 Like

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Millz404(m): 7:10am On May 11, 2018
You live in a free house, eat free food, the kids are also yours, i work hard to meet your needs and show you love and attention and you still want to treat the relationship like a business transaction.
Many people don't have sense sha
If you insist i pay you... Just get ready to earn every damn tin i do for u...
Stupi.d girls eveywer

If i ever agree to that, na you go tire because you go sign long employment agree that states but are not limited to the following

Dress properly to work

No entertainment during work hours

Can't use any company vehicles without an express written permission

Food must be ready at the agreed time

You are subject to queries or disciplinary actions in case of any misconduct

Upper level management is confidential and therefore what you ask and should know is restricted

Etc...

Make we see who go tire first

10 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by toyinjimoh(m): 7:10am On May 11, 2018
RAIN WILL FALL FOR 20 MINUTES NEPA WILL USE 4 DAYS TO DRY WIRE....#USELESSGOVERNMENT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by jericco1(m): 7:10am On May 11, 2018
well I don't think it's an ideal stuff
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nobody: 7:11am On May 11, 2018
grin

the tag "Salary" dosent make sense.

it will makemore sense if u open an account and furnish it monthly.... she can use the money for any stupid stuff she wanna buy.
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by ayobarmy(m): 7:11am On May 11, 2018
Ok ooooo, I hear you ma,

So what should happen to the Woman that chooses to stay at home herself?

Pay her too?
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nobody: 7:11am On May 11, 2018
Pay their wife salary because of what ?
Why would you be paid because you took care of your family ?
My mother took care of us, my father didn't pay her salary and they are still living in peace till today.

2 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Ahmed0336(m): 7:12am On May 11, 2018
wizrose:

You must be wicked grin grin grin
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by ednut1(m): 7:12am On May 11, 2018
Women who agree to be housewives no dey try atal. Meaning they have no ambition in life angry

2 Likes

Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by pocohantas(f): 7:12am On May 11, 2018
vizkiz:
Only a maid stays at home and get paid for her services at the end of the month.

Your wife shouldn't be a stay at home mom. She went to school for a reason

But some men want stay at home mums, especially for their kids formative years...
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Nobody: 7:12am On May 11, 2018
D
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 7:12am On May 11, 2018
DivinelyBlessed:
What kind of women do we have these days ??
We have working women that play triple roles of being an employee, a mother and a wife in the home front. Kudos to our women.

Check our signature in blue here below and you'll be better enlightened. You, can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by Metuh: 7:13am On May 11, 2018
Bullshit
Re: "Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why by pepsyoku: 7:13am On May 11, 2018
In my own opinion, this shouldn't be an issue at all. If the wife is a stay-at-home mum, the man should place her on allowance so that she can feel responsible on her own too. She either works or get something from the husband, and I'm very sure that every reasonable man will do that. Abeg make these people no use this matter trend ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3)

Molested While A Kid And Now A Bisexual. / My Neighbors Wife Is Hitting On Me, Again. What Should I Do? / Temptations Today With A Stupid Neighbour That Later Turned Profitable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.