Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,033 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order (64597 Views)

Nigerian Wife Kicks UK Husband Out From Home / Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:40am On Mar 31, 2020
Mixed reactions from Lagos husbands and wives have trailed government’s stay-at-home directive following the COVID-19 pandemic.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Lagos State Government had last week directed closure of open markets, recreational centres, saloons and other public places with exception of those selling food, medicine and other live-saving essentials.

The government had earlier directed its workers on Grade Levels 12 and below to work from home except those on essential duties.

The Federal Government had equally directed its workers on similar grade levels to work from home before ordering a lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and  Abuja  for 14 days with effect from Monday night.

Only a few categories of workers and companies are excepted from the lockdown.

All the directives are aimed at checking coronavirus spread.

Speaking with NAN on the effects of the stay-at-home order, some wives in Lagos, expressed delight, saying that it had strengthened  bonding between them and their spouses.

Conversely, some husbands expressed dissatisfaction at the development, which some of them described as house arrest.

They claimed that it rendered them redundant.

A resident of Okokomaiko, Mrs Nkiru Ekene, told NAN that the order had positive and negative effects.

According to her, she is happy that the order has compelled her husband to spend time with her and their children, thereby strengthening bond between the couple and among all the family members.

“The situation has afforded us an opportunity to monitor the kids, my caregivers and certain attitudes they exhibit in my absence.

“However, it has also weakened financial strength, since many husbands earn their incomes  through daily sales,’’ she said.

Mrs Kosisochukwu Ndubuisi,  who lives  in the same area, expressed joy that the situation had kept her husband beside her for the greater part the days.

“Yes, I will  say that I am happy that my husband is always in the house.

“Before now, most men spend much time in drinking bars after work, instead of returning home to their families, but now, the situation changed.

“The only disadvantage is that my husband complains about finances, but it is well,” she said.

Also, a trader at the Alaba Internatioanl Market, Ojo, Mrs Queen Austin, told NAN that the order has enabled couples to interact better although paucity of finances might become  a setback.
https://punchng.com/husbands-kick-wives-rejoice-at-stay-at-home-order/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by helinues: 5:41am On Mar 31, 2020
I am just imagining how those irresponsible husbands that spend almost all their nights outside are going to cope with probably the acclaimed devil ( Wife) they have been avoiding..

Make domestic violence Sha no increase

226 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:42am On Mar 31, 2020
Dear husbands, Stay home and enjoy your wives.

Everything is not money

Buhari has done well on this I must say .

233 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Melezenawii: 5:44am On Mar 31, 2020
some husbands expressed dissatisfaction at the development, which some of them described as house arrest.

Na that kind husband Beyonce take this kind eye look the phone so

184 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Olalan(m): 5:56am On Mar 31, 2020
Those girls who chose to be side chicks rather than have a relationship will now know how much of importance they are to their lovers............they belong to the backdoor.......a second fiddle.

256 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:59am On Mar 31, 2020
Olalan:
Those girls who chose to be side chicks rather than have a relationship will now know how much of importance they are to their lovers............they belong to the backdoor.......a second fiddle.

Boredom go kill them tire

Now they will know that being a husband and being an ordinary Boyfriend no be the same .

I pity Rita Dominic, Genevieve Nnaji and Tiwa Savage because Wizkid won't be around to sample her 40yrs old cunt especially at this time of total lockdown.

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Parisian: 6:02am On Mar 31, 2020
Actually cases of DV has spiked in the USA.
helinues:
I am just imagining how those irresponsible husbands that spend almost all their nights outside are going to cope with probably the acclaimed devil ( Wife) they have been avoiding..

Make domestic violence Sha no increase sha

10 Likes

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by helinues: 6:02am On Mar 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Boredom go kill them tire

Now they will know that being a husband and being an ordinary Boyfriend no be the same .

I pity Rita Dominic and Genevieve Nnaji especially at this time to total lockdown.

Love is not meant for everybody jor .

How many of the acclaimed married people are happy in their marriage?

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:05am On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:

Love is not meant for everybody jor .

How many of the acclaimed married people are happy in their marriage?

Will you stay single forever because of that ?

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Parisian: 6:06am On Mar 31, 2020
You have been working for donkey years , yet you're still not as wealthy as Dangote. Just days in isolation and complains are coming in already.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by helinues: 6:08am On Mar 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Will you stay single forever because of that ?

What is the definition of single forever? Not living with a woman?

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by RoyalBlu(f): 6:11am On Mar 31, 2020
The wise ones should use this opportunity to strengthen their relationship and iron out issues.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:13am On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:

What is the definition of single forever? Not living with a woman?

No soulmate, No love life , No relationship because you scared it won't last.

One of the reasons some marriages don't last this days is because people jump into it without knowing each other very well .
.... That's why it's advised to date for Atleast 3 years so as to know each others likes and dislikes before talking of getting married.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by helinues: 6:24am On Mar 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

No soulmate, No love life , No relationship because you scared it won't last.

One of the reasons some marriages don't last this days is because people jump into it without knowing each other very well .
.... That's why it's advised to date for Atleast 3 years so as to know each others likes and dislikes before talking of getting married.

No soulmate, No love life , No relationship because you scared it won't last

I guess loving one self, pets are hatred?

70% of Nigerians who are married do not even know what love map is, (not by English) but the important of it..

You can't give what you don't have.. Self love first before you can love others.

What is married man doing outside on average of past 11pm?

And btw, marriage is not a must. As long as you have your money, you can 2facing everywhere

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Petyprincess(f): 6:26am On Mar 31, 2020
This is an opportunity to strengthen relationships,all these cheating husbands will at least stay close to their family for 14 days grin
I hope our population wnt increase because it's a risky something cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:26am On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:

I guess loving one self, pets are hatred?

70% of Nigerians who are married do not even know what love map is, (not by English) but the important of it..

You can't give what you don't have.. Self love first before you can love others.

And btw, marriage is not a must. As long as you have your money, you can 2facing everywhere

You sound like you've lost hope in finding true love

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:27am On Mar 31, 2020
You can't help it, fools

Government no act, you will complain

Government act, you will complain!

They curse you

1 Like

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by jonadaft: 6:27am On Mar 31, 2020
angry
Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by jonadaft: 6:27am On Mar 31, 2020
embarassed
Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by helinues: 6:27am On Mar 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

You sound like you've lost hope in finding true love

Your definition of true love is as long you don't live with a woman, you won't have true love..

I got that from your earlier response.. And you are wrong.

Love could be entangled with whatever, it is not a must to be partner

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by tempem: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2020
grin grin wink

That's a good one! At least more communication.

https://tomvad.com/7-coronavirus-scams-and-tips-to-avoid-them/
Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by tophumble(m): 6:28am On Mar 31, 2020
Hmmmmm

This lockdown is a time for men who don't like staying with their families after work to learn how to enjoy the company of their family

Women too shd not use the opportunity to misbehave ooo

6 Likes

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2020
I know it will be hard on husbands..... especially the ones with talkative wives.

the worst of it all is no EPL football to keep one happy.

God will see everyone through!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by darthv: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2020
.mapping has been postponed.
Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Chuukwudi(m): 6:29am On Mar 31, 2020
This topic is grammatically wrong!

5 Likes

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Acidosis(m): 6:29am On Mar 31, 2020
However, it has also weakened financial strength, since many husbands earn their incomes through daily sales,’’ she said

I have no pity to give. You lots have inflated prices on all kinds of goods and services in the past weeks because of Corona. Go and enjoy your loots.

8 Likes

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by omowolewa: 6:29am On Mar 31, 2020
Am just worried about the result. Some husbands can hit the nail till it will bend.
Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by blinking001(m): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2020
Your man keeps staying out late and avoiding you because you cant make your home feel like home and now you're happy there is lockdown. By the time inflation on dialy consumable products starts na so so beatings you go the chop. Yeye Wives association of Nigeria.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Dear husbands, Stay home and enjoy your wives.

Everything is not money

Buhari has done well on this I must say .
buhari or governors?
Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by simple250: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2020
Divorce cases will increase after the lockdown ...

10 Likes

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by whirlwind7(m): 6:31am On Mar 31, 2020
grin

Lots of things will happen by the time this epidemic is over.

There's bound to be more babies in 9 to 10 months from now.
There's gonna be a lot more divorces (as witnessed in China, where the courts had to rule that they will only entertain 20 divorce cases per day, after such cases hit record highs)

On the flip side, some families will get closer as they spend more time together.

The economic impact on businesses and those who depend on daily earnings to survive will be horrible

8 Likes

Re: Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order by YINKS89(m): 6:32am On Mar 31, 2020
Nairaland traffic would also increase

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Gives Her Neighbor's Son N500 To Buy Her Airtime, See What He Did With It / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / "How A Little Girl Almost Ruined My Life"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.