Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 (25302 Views)

NANS Treasurer, Chinyelu Okolie Marks Birthday Amidst Loads Of Felicitations / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Dapromzy333(m): 12:56am On May 12, 2018
Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, in his early 20s, emerged as the best graduating student of University of Calabar in the 2016/2017 academic session with 4.80 CGPA out of the maximum 5.0. He is from the Department Of Public Health, Faculty Of Allied Medical Science!

In this interview with Solutionclass he speaks about his tortuous journey to academic excellence.

1. Tell us about yourself?
I am Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, a 24year old indigene of Umuduruaku-Obor in Orlu local government area of Imo state. The last child in a loving family of 11. I am a youth advocate, researcher and social mobiliser dedicated to making the world a better place.

2. Why did you choose Public Health?
Public Health has proven to be the best course to study if you intend to make monumental impact and leave a legacy on earth. I chose Public Health because it is the course that offers me a rare platform to create the world we want (a world where everyone realises their birth right of health and longevity).

3. What were the things you found interesting about Public Health?
Every aspect of Public Health is intriguing as they all relate to preventing diseases, prolonging life and promoting health and efficiency of the population. To also give a bit of clarity as to areas that stood out for me. Epidemiology, Health Education and Promotion, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Health Services Management and Quality assurance in health care delivery were areas that fuel my passion in the field.

4. Is Public Health really hard?
There’s no course that is simple and I also believe no course is hard. What matters most is the passion for whatever you are doing regardless of the course. Parents and guardians should also not impose specific courses on their children or wards. Public health is my life and I know my life is not hard.

5. What CGPA did you graduate with and what were your GPA's in each level for the five years?
I finished with a 4.80 CGPA
100L=4.18
200L=4.91
300L=5.00
400L=5.00
500L= 5.00

6. Given the volume of work, what was your reading pattern?
My reading pattern was very unusual. Prior to the resumption of each semester, I always obtain books and materials for the holiday which is primarily to keep me busy when I am not in my dad’s or mum’s shop. During semesters, I had a routine time of 2am-6am every day but read sparingly in the evenings and in between classes. Developing a strategy that helps you recall and explain perfectly is also important in reading. I also volunteer for organisations such as United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), UNICEF, MTVShuga, British Council, AFRIYAN and Initiative for People’s Good Health; combining volunteerism and school was very challenging but the ultimate focus was to make my people and Imo State proud.

7. Having 4.80 CGPA couldn’t have come easy, how did you do it?
How did I do it? I didn’t do it but God did it all. I only knew what I wanted; I projected my visions, gave in a lot of sacrifice and worked day and night to attain this height. It’s funny but I predicted my grade points from year 1 – 5 and I have a screenshot which I could share with you. It takes a lot, but you must have high intelligence quotient to attain a first class degree and also self discipline.

8. What advice do you have for other students?
The first piece of advice is that self-discovery is paramount to achieving excellence. It is also pertinent to have an ability to critically discern in many situations of life. I encourage students to look out for opportunities to enhance their skills and competencies and after school. It is pertinent that they also know certain tips which were helpful to me; confidence in oneself, priority setting, consistent preparation, time management, crazy but brilliant friends, strategic examination delivery and legible writing, insatiable desire to be the best wherever you find yourself, mum’s prayers and above all, God’s grace.

He Is Also The Current Igwe Of Malabor..UNICAL

Congratulations Elvis Okolie...

https://www.solutionclass.com.ng/2018/05/meet-unical-best-graduating-student.html

lala

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Dapromzy333(m): 12:56am On May 12, 2018
Igwe Of Malabor Kingdom

5 Likes

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Dapromzy333(m): 12:57am On May 12, 2018
List Of Graduands..

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Dapromzy333(m): 12:58am On May 12, 2018
lala

1 Like

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by HigherEd: 10:01am On May 12, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:27am On May 12, 2018
wow...His first year's performance nearly ruined his massive hope of graduating with first class.. Thank God he realized this early and started to work on it..Congrats brainy dude

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by kennyjam: 10:51am On May 12, 2018
wow, nice one....God bless! all hope's not lost
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Dapromzy333(m): 11:00am On May 12, 2018
lala this guy needs to be heard...

2 Likes

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by BiggerbossAmani(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2018
Why is him the best graduating student in UNICAL
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by NwaAmaikpe: 12:17pm On May 12, 2018
shocked

His life would have been better off if only he had ditched his studies like Nina and gone for Big Brother Naija auditions.

Education never pays in Nigeria neither are the intelligent celebrated.

With his result,
He will sadly never step foot in places Efe and Miracle have been welcomed as kings.
Shame on Nigeria.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 12:17pm On May 12, 2018
shocked shocked

congratulations....Okolie

i have never crushed on a man all my life......i wish i can divorce my husband right now and marry you....

7 Likes

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Mc1807(m): 12:17pm On May 12, 2018
Lol.

When miracle will be preferred to him..

Rubbish country

2 Likes

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by seuncyber(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2018
Wow lovely
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Geofavor(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

His life would have been better off if only he had ditched his studies like Nina and gone for Big Brother Naija auditions.
What makes you think his life won't be better off? We all have different goals in life. It isn't always about the money. Success is the self-satisfaction you get in achieving what you want.

Education never pays in Nigeria neither are the intelligent celebrated.[/quote
].

True, education doesn't pay in Nigeria. But, education can take you places beyond Nigeria. All this mini Naija yeyebrities are sh1t on abroad because they have no intellectual abilities. Education has earned Nigerians respect both home and abroad, eg., chinua achebe, wole soyinka, chimamanda adichie, and a host of others.

[quote]
With his result,
He will sadly never step foot in places Efe and Miracle have been welcomed as kings.
Shame on Nigeria.
With his result and smarts, he will step beyond where efe and the rest have been. Those guys success is utterly restricted to Naija.
Education in Naija is crap, but with the right mindset, you can make something out of it.
Learning, these days, is not dependent on the environment but on the individual. wake up.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2018
When will unical Pol Sci produce ist since 87.... Each time I remember that I studied in that department I feel like crying.... When wicked men like adedokun Akpan and others taught u and furnished u with bad grades...

2 Likes

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by israelmao(m): 12:24pm On May 12, 2018
Congratulations.
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Nedfed(m): 12:24pm On May 12, 2018
People like this will never be celebrated in Nigeria but if na BBNaija housemate millions is already await them.
I wish the young man the best in his journey.

Never be surprise that those names on the third class lists are the Nigerians future senators grin

Nigeria what a country grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Ayobami7(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2018
Congrat
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Fidelmalek(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
When will unical Pol Sci produce ist since 87.... Each time I remember that I studied in that department I feel like crying.... When wicked men like adedokun Akpan and others taught u and furnished u with bad grades...
those sadists we have as lecturers.... main camp in unical is a den of thieves

1 Like

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by MrMoney007: 12:30pm On May 12, 2018
And he's a Igbo
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Hotcake007: 12:33pm On May 12, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

congratulations....Okolie

i have never crushed on a man all my life......i wish i can divorce my husband right now and marry you....

Congratulations you just committed adultery

1 Like

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Badgers14: 12:34pm On May 12, 2018
Co.
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by InansBobo(m): 12:35pm On May 12, 2018
superb come back after 1st year... I'd love to be more than you
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by Dearlord(m): 12:35pm On May 12, 2018
All is well
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by udeanaruagu: 12:41pm On May 12, 2018
Biafran......always!!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by jibs4lv(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2018
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by jibs4lv(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2018
grin
Re: Meet Okolie Elvis Anyaehiechukwu, UNICAL Best Graduating Student 2018 by micflo28(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2018
If Biafra will ever be granted, imo indigenes will be the brain power of the nation. Imo amaka

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Convocation Pictures @ 19th Lagos State University convocation ceremony / Abia Poly Loses Accreditation Over Failure To Pay Staff Salaries For 30 Months / Winners Chapel To Build A University In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.