Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) (9903 Views)

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States / Ican Private Lecture In Lagos. / Medical Doctor Relocating To Nigeria Needs Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Hotstepper(f): 5:21am On May 24, 2010
;d
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Devonian(m): 11:01am On May 24, 2010
@Hotstepper: Thanks for your advice. Securing an offer isn't the problem. As I write, I have deferred offers with two universities. I suppose my two concerns are: (a) what to expect; and (b) the pitfalls to avoid. Guys have rightly warned that I "TEST DRIVE BEFORE TAKING A DIVE" which is what 'am going to do. So, what I'm hoping to do is to take a 'leave of absence' from my current post and test drive in Naija. If I can't cope, then I simply return to my current post.

@Kobojunkie: Thanks! Doing business in Naija to boost income has been suggested by other respondents, but I consider doing business(es) in Nigeria as too volatile! Worth exploring, anyway!
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On May 24, 2010
By the way, I forgot one of the most important. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT leave the West without figuring out a lasting solution to your power need in Nigeria. Going down there to join the generator gang down there is no way of contributing nothing to Nigeria. There are renenwable and less wasteful and less polluting sources out there for you to explore. Definitely look into investing seriously in Solar/Wind power supply. It is essential that you do because there is no valid reason why someone from the west would go back to the same old when he/she does not need to.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by martinosi: 3:13pm On May 24, 2010
ftmom:

Oh, not to sound cynical but all that talk about contributing your quota? majority have no interest in your contribution, money is king and I mean immediate cash not "building for the future"

Having said that if you are not too concerned about being appreciated, go for it! and pray your frustrations will be little

Hmmm yeah i agree with you man,  i always in and out of Nigeria myself,
The only way you can affect nigeria is to go there with economic power ie the Cash
and backing,

I do not really think that a Nigerian who has lived abroad for over 10 years
should go back as an Employee unless one where you are calling the shots!!!

You should know that you have to be the leader not the led,

Having said that most nigerian i know abroad have not even understood
and made use of the opportunities abroad, so sad, so sad,
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 24, 2010
I don’t fit your profile but my boss does. He lived in the UK for over 20 years and in that time he obtained his professorship. He relocated to Nigeria and was employed by a in a University (name withheld) as the Dean of a Faculty in the school. He did get the job offer before coming so you might have to work on that!

He also went into consultancy; this is something I think you should give serious considerations. Depending on the exact field you are working in, you can make your mark as a professional consultant in your field. Your experience abroad will definitely give you an edge over others. My boss is always contracted as an ‘International Senior Expert’ a positions strictly reserved for foreigners. Depending on how good you are at what you do, you can create a good reputation for yourself as a Consultant and still have time to lecture. You can always explore your options because to me, lecturing is a bit redundant . .  strictly my opinion. My boss quit lecturing to set up a Consulting Firm. He's full-time into Consultancy now and making an outrageous amount of money! undecided

What to expect? For one thing you should expect some resentment and jealousy from your colleagues (especially if you are as arrogant as you sound). You’ll find yourself in a better position than people who has put in more years than you have and I think the best way to handle them (like my boss did) is to align yourself with them. An ‘I’m better than you are attitude’ won’t help you at all. Granted there are many opportunities to explore for someone like you but then you need to establish a friendly network around you!

As how to adjust to the Nigerian environment, well you left 10 years ago so I bet you’ll be fine!

I can tell you a thing or two about hustling but I don’t want you to bounce me off your thread. Lol!  cheesy  tongue

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by omega25red(m): 7:19pm On May 24, 2010
this has been a very entertaining post after being out of naija for over 15yrs i'm not scared to go back it will certainly be an experience though i'm not trying to go back permanently.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 24, 2010
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by felifeli: 7:24pm On May 24, 2010
@poster
Do I think you are arrogant ? No.
But you have been far too foolish to expect more (or less) than you've got so far. After more than 100 posts committed into Nairaland it should have dawned on you ages ago that Nairaland is full of teenagers, loafers, dimwits and sundry lunatics and so, hardly the place to go asking any serious question about matters that are close to your heart and especially matters on which your life may depend  .
If you are a lecturer in UK I have no idea why you want to leave. Maybe you are just fed up with the place (as happened to me) and you needed to be closer home , or maybe for another reason. You must weigh your reason well though and determine what you want to gain from the move. If you are looking for same standard of living (?) as in UK, I will advise you to stay away - though a lot also depends on how bad your credit situation may have become in UK  in these crazy times. If your credit cards have been repo-ed  then RUN, because there is no way to survive in UK on bad credit. If you must return home really do realise that you must have another source of income other than from your lecturing job (sell cars, sell clothes , sell anything). And for God's sake DO NOT LIVE IN LAGOS. That place is not fit for human beings and you will be dead in two years. Guaranteed.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by omoabike: 7:47pm On May 24, 2010
I am in the oil and gas field and have been in the US for like 2 years now on transfer from Nigeria and would not have any problem going back if my service is needed back in the country. I was in Nigeria with my family on vacation last year December and must tell you that things are in very sorry state. However, I do not believe that is enough reason not to go back if you have to.
For a successful stay, you have to
• Expect little in terms of service delivery
Before I left Nigeria I know this and my recent experience has shown that it has not changed. Most businesses in Nigeria still feel they are doing the customer a favor by providing services.
• Refrain from branding your “been to” to people
This will expose you to unnecessary flak from everybody you meet. (In fact I joined Okada while I was in Nigeria last year) That you have lived in the West does not mean you are better than people you would meet. So, one cannot over emphasize the need to be humble to a fault while dealing with Nigerians (from the Policeman to the okada man, taxi driver, messenger and colleagues at work). Believe me you get a lot done if you respectfully approach people.
• Internet may be very slow so what you can do online may be very limited by the kind of connection you have. Hopefully this would change very soon considering the several ongoing submarine cable projects.

• The pay may not be comparable to what you earn presently. The educational industry barring the private universities is not known as one of the highest paying industries in the country so your best bet is to negotiate Housing at least with any University you wants to join. Most universities still have quality schools that your kids (if you have kids) can attend.

• Like UJUJOAN said, depending on your field of expertise, consider consultancy jobs to augment your pay.

• Most important of all, do take heed of KOBOJUNKIE advice. Try and take care of your power needs before leaving the UK for Nigeria. I would advise that you do not join the generator gangs over there. I was using an inverter with 2 batteries and never had a generator while in Nigeria. I am definitely going to make sure I step up to solar whenever I am going back to Nigeria.

On the whole I wish you the best of luck as you take your decision. I will say to you welcome home in advance.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Musiwa13: 8:54pm On May 24, 2010
Is this person for real. In nigeria fresh graduate in some company make more money than thier proffessors. Why do you think jonathan Goodluck stop holding chalk and head towards politics. Why dont you go and ask Jonathan if he would resign as president and head back to one university in nigeria. ?
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by shellicon(m): 9:21pm On May 24, 2010
Let him make his choice
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by netotse(m): 9:27pm On May 24, 2010
i'm back. . .what can i say. . .i'm a sucker for punishment grin

just a word though, as a civil servant(that's what lecturers in federal universities are), it's illegal for you to be involved in any activity other that farming in addition to your job(i think it's even in the constitution. . .lol).

CAVEAT: 9.9 out of 10 civil servants flout this rule though however if there's ever any reason for your bosses to put you in trouble, they will snitch, but since almost er'one is doing it, it rarely happens sha(i know one lecturer it happened to though, he was teaching in another uni part-time)

just thought you should know. . .

and BTW there could be a measure of hostility from other lecturers, the fed govt is in the process of enacting a rule(abi is it a law) that makes a PhD compulsory for all lecturers, so people that have spent donkey years working on their PhDs might not like you(my former course adviser spent 12+).
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by mekuszyx: 9:50pm On May 24, 2010
I visit regularly to consult for some of the unis and research institutes, such as the Chevron Biotech centre in Uni-Yola, among others. If you want to earn good and still live well, do not apply to work in the Fed unis in Lagos, PH, Abuja, Calabar and even Owerri. Those are expensive places that may add little or no value to your life. This is under the assumption that all Fed unis pay the same irrespective of your location, so that you spend less, and are more secured in somewhat rural settings such as for e.g, Fed uni Nsukka, Ife, Ado Ekiti, Minna, Yola, than in crime-infested Lagos, Benin (Uni-Ben) (for e.g.). You may want to try Atiku's Uni in Yola, where teaching conditions are near-American style and so many foreign academics also. If you want to just earn a living, teach and not do much research (due to low institutional capacity to do so) you may want to apply in rural unis. That is where your impact might be felt more and you can rise faster due to less competition from the already saturated so-called big fed unis.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by funkybaby(f): 10:02pm On May 24, 2010
mekuszyx:

I visit regularly to consult for some of the unis and research institutes, such as the Chevron Biotech centre in Uni-Yola, among others. If you want to earn good and still live well, do not apply to work in the Fed unis in Lagos, PH, Abuja, Calabar and even Owerri. Those are expensive places that may add little or no value to your life. This is under the assumption that all Fed unis pay the same irrespective of your location, so that you spend less, and are more secured in somewhat rural settings such as for e.g, Fed uni Nsukka, Ife, Ado Ekiti, Minna, Yola, than in crime-infested Lagos, Benin (Uni-Ben) (for e.g.). You may want to try Atiku's Uni in Yola, where teaching conditions are near-American style and so many foreign academics also. If you want to just earn a living, teach and not do much research (due to low institutional capacity to do so) you may want to apply in rural unis. That is where your impact might be felt more and you can rise faster due to less competition from the already saturated so-called big fed unis.

exactly. thats the point i was trying to make with my initial post. tips/pitfalls to avoid is largely dependent on the uni he is going to teach

funkybaby:

Anyways, regarding the tips and pitfalls you need to avoid, it depends largely on the position you are offerred at the uni (associate prof get mouth pass senior lecturer 1),  the university itself ( for example, OAU and uni of maiduguri are both federal schools but you cannot expect the same 'treatment' from both schools), the cartegory of students you will be teaching ( diploma, undergrad,postgrad or research students) and your long term goals in Nigeria. For example, if your goal is to become a VC of a uni someday,  it might take you 20 years at Ife and maybe 5 years at maiduguri.

Will you be staying at the staff quaters?

Be prepared to do plenty eye service sha especially if you are interested in juicy posts like Dean, HEad of faculty, DVC, etc.

Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 24, 2010
Mr. Oyibo!

First and foremost, am a hustler jst like majority of us here on Nairaland!

Dont even think of coming back to Nigeria for any reason cause you dont have what it takes to survive in Nigeria! This is one country were u must first be a hustler to survive no matter you academic qualification(s)! Simply put, you have already failed even before u make the move!

This is one country were class or qualification only matters in your bedroom or wen u r searching for a job! thats why you will see a professor exchanging insult wit an okada rider as if both of them were brot up in the streets, u will see a military general jump out of his convoy to slap a lady at a hold-up, a police officer will ask u for your particolas witout addressing you properly ('Sir' and all those sh-its u r used to in Obodo oyibi). from this you can see we are all hustlers in Nigeria so my advice to u is sitback at your confort zone and leave us alone here in Nigeria.

We have enuf homegrown brialiant lecturers and teachers so we dont really need your contribution!

As-s-s-ho-le!! (You see i can call u an As-s-s-ho-le not minding your age or qualification and i will beat the living daylight out of u if i can meet u one-on-one)
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 24, 2010
moved
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by sulad82i(m): 11:49pm On May 24, 2010
greateros:

Mr. Oyibo!

First and foremost, am a hustler jst like majority of us here on Nairaland!

Dont even think of coming back to Nigeria for any reason cause you dont have what it takes to survive in Nigeria! This is one country were u must first be a hustler to survive no matter you academic qualification(s)! Simply put, you have already failed even before u make the move!

This is one country were class or qualification only matters in your bedroom or wen u r searching for a job! thats why you will see a professor exchanging insult wit an okada rider as if both of them were brot up in the streets, u will see a military general jump out of his convoy to slap a lady at a hold-up, a police officer will ask u for your particolas witout addressing you properly ('Sir' and all those sh-its u r used to in Obodo oyibi). from this you can see we are all hustlers in Nigeria so my advice to u is sitback at your confort zone and leave us alone here in Nigeria.

We have enuf homegrown brialiant lecturers and teachers so we dont really need your contribution!

As-s-s-ho-le!! (You see i can call u an As-s-s-ho-le not minding your age or qualification and i will beat the living daylight out of u if i can meet u one-on-one)

ode ni eee. shot ur mouth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Isabella89: 12:03am On May 25, 2010
Mister lecturer why don't you do the dignity of us all a favour, go back to that your post, modify it and delete out that snobbish part alluding to hustlers. I am happy for you and respect you for all your achievement sweetheart but you need not get that snobbish on people who are not and did not get the opportunity you had to become a professional. I am a proffessional too but can't look down on anybody like that, don't deny you are not snobbish because if you are not, that statement will not have departed your mouth.
This is a place to socialize with all and sundry and not to begin to sniff and look down  on people. Get your acts together brother, no condition is permanent, a hustler can be better off and comfortable too tommorrow.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by olaolabiy: 12:26am On May 25, 2010
the idiot deleted my posts. mr professional. professor of black studies. i wonder what inventors of crafts and rocket science would say. he is too arrogant!
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by violent(m): 12:46am On May 25, 2010
felifeli:

@poster
But you have been far too foolish to expect more (or less) than you've got so far. After more than 100 posts committed into Nairaland it should have dawned on you ages ago that Nairaland is full of teenagers, loafers, dimwits and sundry lunatics and so, hardly the place to go asking any serious question about matters that are close to your heart and especially matters on which your life may depend  .
If you are a lecturer in UK I have no idea why you want to leave. Maybe you are just fed up with the place (as happened to me) and you needed to be closer home , or maybe for another reason. You must weigh your reason well though and determine what you want to gain from the move. If you are looking for same standard of living (?) as in UK, I will advise you to stay away - though a lot also depends on how bad your credit situation may have become in UK  in these crazy times. If your credit cards have been repo-ed  then RUN, because there is no way to survive in UK on bad credit. If you must return home really do realise that you must have another source of income other than from your lecturing job (sell cars, sell clothes , sell anything). And for God's sake DO NOT LIVE IN LAGOS. That place is not fit for human beings and you will be dead in two years. Guaranteed.

You haven't really exercise any bit of wisdom in your response!

. . .Comparing the previous responses with yours, wouldn't you consider it ironical that the same group of people you labelled as dimwits, good for nothing, loafers and sundry lunatics seem to have given advise that beats yours by a million light years?

I guess it's just a case of an ídiot calling the wise foolish.

The Poster asked for advise on relocating to Nigeria, and you are here spitting trash about his credit situation in the UK, advising him to become a cloth or car merchant, for goodness sake, do you have a problem understanding even the simplest things?

On a normal day, i would've simply ignored your senseless rantings and take you for a drunk until i read the last bit of your gabbage where you advised Poster not to live in lagos cos in your own words[i] "the place is not fit fot human beings"[/i]. . . .you gotta be on drugs!. . . definitely on cheap drugs
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by damola1: 1:10am On May 25, 2010
felifeli:

@poster

oh boy, no be small thing oh, 2years ke?, so fast,

The commercial hub centre of 9ja, d place wey all bank head office been dey, place wey all countries get representation. Haba!

Lagos (pronounced /ˈleɪɡɒs/, or /ˈlɑːɡoʊs/ overseas or Èkó in the Yoruba language) is a port and the most populous conurbation in Nigeria. It is currently the 2nd most populous city in Africa, behind Cairo, and is currently estimated to be the second fastest growing city in Africa (UN-HABITAT, 2008) and the 7th fastest in the world[3].

Na lie, u no go die for Lagos, in fact if u get better change for pocket, Lagos gats to be the best place to be!

But come to think of it, why are most lecturers usually arrogant?,
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by olaolabiy: 1:43am On May 25, 2010
the guy hasn't invented anything. not even a THEORY in his name. yet, he is this pompous.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Sprumbaba: 6:49am On May 25, 2010
I am moving back by this December. I am setting up a company and everything is on ground now.
While I am there hustling, my wife will not go with me. I have prepared my mind for Dusts, Generator's noise, Do You Know Who I am and all the packages that come with Lagos. At least i was hustling before i left and it is still in my DNA.

I have done a 1 month trial last year but i failed to experience any hardship due to the generosity of people around me.

It is going to be OYO (On Your Own) this time around.

As part of my preparation, everything to live a comfortable life is on ground.

Also, it is going to be 3 months in Nigeria, 2 Months off.(I will never put all my eggs in one basket.)

It is going to be difficult but there is more Money in Naija than Abroad - True Talk
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by otokx(m): 8:52am On May 25, 2010
3 months in 9ja, 2 months off - chai; you are not ready. It should be like 2 years in 9ja, 30 working days off. In Nigeria civil service - you gats to lick ass huh but know the ass you are licking lest you lick the wrong one and get into trouble like my state governor now. You just have to be wise and humble then you will go places. You have not told us about the discipline you want to lecture in. I come from a family of lecturers and still work in a federal university here; so as you give us more facts it will be giving to you. Are you single or coming in with a family? Are you ready for reality shock?
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by babsmii(m): 9:30am On May 25, 2010
my brother please come back home and let's make things work. happy in seclusion will not make anything better but worse. the earlier the better, you can't underestimate the fact that you have to return home sooner or later.
think twice and make the best decision,
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by jokingmary(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2010
i'll advice you to stay back if you have a job cause many people leave there with all their doctorate degree bla bla,
only to come here and become principals of small private schools

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by AjanleKoko: 10:13am On May 25, 2010
Something is wrong with this thread.  undecided
Where is my post about the private universities?
Must have been a while since I showed up here sha  Ah, well . . .

. . .  anyways, @OP, I actually don't see a problem with your query. What I do see, however, is a bunch of irrelevant responses relating to power problems, , and the bad attitude of Nigerians. In any case, here's my contribution.

I have a friend in particular who was in a similar situation, an associate professor in a British University. He came home to join Corporate Nigeria, and worked for about a year plus in a blue chip. His interest waned after a while, and he's now with one of the private universities. He's doing pretty well, as the environment is reasonably more comfortable than the federal or state government institutions. Your preferences, of course, might be different.
I recommend you investigate your options along the lines you specified.

As per the general living conditions in Nigeria, that would be neither here nor there, and may be as relevant to this topic as would be the general living conditions in, say, Guam.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Redman44(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2010
@ Ajanlekoko, you have spoken well. I always love to read your comments on any issue on Nairaland. Cheers.

www.amebor.com
www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by bigdoo: 1:58pm On May 25, 2010
1. You need to visit Nigeria several times and see things for yourself before making up your mind.

2. Also you need to secure a lecturership job with a university before concluding that there is a job out there waiting for you because you have a Phd from UK.

3. You should also consider setting up a business in Nigeria to support you or else you can never sustain your UK lifestyle with your salary as a university lecturer.

I have also lived and worked as a lecturer UK and I am talking from experience.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by JesusDWay(m): 4:15pm On May 25, 2010
Well, i will say if you are more keen on contributing your own quota in your field of lecturing, you should seek placement in a Federal or State University. The money may not be much and the environment will not be like the one you are coming from so, you may want to augment by having another sorce of income and be ready to adjust.

If you will want a good environment to work, good money and also avoid the rot that may be in the system, then you may seek placement in schools like Lagos Business School and American University Yola. I think those should compare with schools abroad.

I wish you good fortune.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by danwilliams111: 4:46pm On May 25, 2010
HELLO Devonian:

Listen to what everyone on this blog is telling you. No information is useless. Suggesting that you need advice from from "professionals only" is ignorance and arrogance. Try as much as possible to get as much information as possible from everybody here. As I said "NO INFORMATION USELESS."

HERE IS MY STORY: I will make it short. I had my high honour bachelor degree in one of the best (in Africa) universities in western Nigeria. Due to hardship, I immigrated to the US. I worked hard, earned graduate degrees and fellowships from a US top university (globally known and respected). I had the desire to go back home to contribute and to be with my loved ones (extended family). They also urged me to come back and settle that everything will be fine. Last year, I took an unpaid leave from my job and traveled to Nigeria with my credentials (degrees and scholarly publications, etc). When I arrive, There were scheduled meetings the Dean of the Faculty to discuss my credentials and hiring. All the scheduled failed because the Dean canceled all planned meeting (for some unforeseen circumstances). Now, a lecturer I met at the faculty advised me to contact the Vice Chancellor  V.C. (Head of the University). The lecture believes that with my OUTSTANDING qualifications the V.C. would intervene. However, nothing happened. The V.C. office cancelled my two sheduled meetings with the VC. THIS IS VERY SAD. NOT FOR ME. THIS IS VERY SAD FOR NIGERIA AND AFRICA. AFRICAN TALENTS ARE HELPING IN ADVANCING THE DEVELOPED WORLD.

I returned to U.S. continue with my old job. Making my dollars and living out my American Dream.  
THANK YOU JESUS
GOD BLESS AMERICA

IN USA - life is hard. But if you work hard, you will succeed. While there is always racial discrimination, Employers are looking to employ hard working and dedicated people. Therefore, if you are qualified, and show you are a dedicated individual you will be hired.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. I don't feel homesick any more. I call my loved ones regularly, and have easy access to buy and eat Nigeria food.

IS AFRICA CURSED.

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) by Sprumbaba: 5:16pm On May 25, 2010
HELLO Devonian:

Listen to what everyone on this blog is telling you. No information is useless. Suggesting that you need advice from from "professionals only" is ignorance and arrogance. Try as much as possible to get as much information as possible from everybody here. As I said "NO INFORMATION USELESS."

HERE IS MY STORY: I will make it short. I had my high honour bachelor degree in one of the best (in Africa) universities in western Nigeria. Due to hardship, I immigrated to the US. I worked hard, earned graduate degrees and fellowships from a US top university (globally known and respected). I had the desire to go back home to contribute and to be with my loved ones (extended family). They also urged me to come back and settle that everything will be fine. Last year, I took an unpaid leave from my job and traveled to Nigeria with my credentials (degrees and scholarly publications, etc). When I arrive, There were scheduled meetings the Dean of the Faculty to discuss my credentials and hiring. All the scheduled failed because the Dean canceled all planned meeting (for some unforeseen circumstances). Now, a lecturer I met at the faculty advised me to contact the Vice Chancellor V.C. (Head of the University). The lecture believes that with my OUTSTANDING qualifications the V.C. would intervene. However, nothing happened. The V.C. office cancelled my two sheduled meetings with the VC. THIS IS VERY SAD. NOT FOR ME. THIS IS VERY SAD FOR NIGERIA AND AFRICA. AFRICAN TALENTS ARE HELPING IN ADVANCING THE DEVELOPED WORLD.

I returned to U.S. continue with my old job. Making my dollars and living out my American Dream.
THANK YOU JESUS
GOD BLESS AMERICA

IN USA - life is hard. But if you work hard, you will succeed. While there is always racial discrimination, Employers are looking to employ hard working and dedicated people. Therefore, if you are qualified, and show you are a dedicated individual you will be hired.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. I don't feel homesick any more. I call my loved ones regularly, and have easy access to buy and eat Nigeria food.

IS AFRICA CURSED.

No, we are just backward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works / Reasons Why Employees Leave Your Business / Artificial Intelligence: Why Nigerians Shouldn’t Fear Over Loss Jobs To Automat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.