Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals (13606 Views)

Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / Akeredolu Commissions Classroom With Modern Toilet For Public School (Photos) / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by TheAngry1: 7:35am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:
After installing Wi-Fi are they going to provide them with the tablets and pads to use it with. Or Are they encouraging students and pupils to be using electronic gadgets and high end phones in school. To me this will further act as a distraction to their studies rather than aiding it. Not all students can afford a smart Wi-Fi enabled device and will create bitterness for those who does not have. We all know that nobody can control them when it comes to its usage, hence it will be abused. The government should rather empower the teachers on how best to utilize the internet to aid their teaching ideas by providing them with, digital audio visual equipments, electronic libraries and smart board that is internet enabled. The Wi-Fi should be passworded and known only to the teachers and staff members. This is my take.

Why are people this backward and negative? Tufiaaa! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by TheAngry1: 7:37am On May 13, 2018
xmortalz:

Top 5 most senseless posts of all time... SMH

Thank you jare...very senseless person

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by uloewa: 7:37am On May 13, 2018
Content control is what is needed not free WiFi. Nigerian cyberspace is too unregulated. We have access to too much nonsense as it is
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by idris4r83(m): 7:39am On May 13, 2018
It will b a distraction to public skool students. Social media ti take over

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by uloewa: 7:40am On May 13, 2018
Content control is what is needed not free WiFi. Nigerian cyberspace is too unregulated. We have access to too much nonsense as it is. Free wifi will make it worse.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Jabioro: 7:44am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:
After installing Wi-Fi are they going to provide them with the tablets and pads to use it with. Or Are they encouraging students and pupils to be using electronic gadgets and high end phones in school. To me this will further act as a distraction to their studies rather than aiding it. Not all students can afford a smart Wi-Fi enabled device and will create bitterness for those who does not have. We all know that nobody can control them when it comes to its usage, hence it will be abused. The government should rather empower the teachers on how best to utilize the internet to aid their teaching ideas by providing them with, digital audio visual equipments, electronic libraries and smart board that is internet enabled. The Wi-Fi should be passworded and known only to the teachers and staff members. This is my take.
Compound trash..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Stallion93(m): 7:46am On May 13, 2018
We still struggling with WiFi 2018, they should make it readily available in Homes(Home network) with cheap plans like European and American countries. These telecom companies keep bleeding our pockets with Mbs and airtime pay as u call plans.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by daywatcher: 7:46am On May 13, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Lol

There's a catch. The one in the BRT asked for TOO MANY permissions. Oh, and they made us install an app before we could connect. An app that asked for call history, storage information, location, etc.

Then it made a request to monitor all traffic going in and out of my phone, through mobile network and WiFi. My phone brought up a popup I'd NEVER seen before telling me only to accept this if its an app I trust.

Do I trust the Nigerian Government? Not at all. I uninstalled their rubbish app immediately. Let them keep their WiFi. I'll use my data in peace lol.

Your thinking is above that of the average Nigerian
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:52am On May 13, 2018
good and welcome development for Lagos state..always on the forefront of development n innovations. .i wonder why no other states is copying or following this trends especially the 13% oil derivation states. . .if its to take about share the money, fighting, allocation,they will be the first to copy and ginger up....God bless lagos state!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Lisaint(m): 7:55am On May 13, 2018
Fsars go deploy operatives inside Brt,public schs,busstop

Congratulations to LASG
Now F sars will tagged every one Yahoo Boy
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by GLOBALINF: 7:55am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:

Another retard way of thinking
So beacuse some cannot afford smart phones, others should suffer the consiquence?
No wonder we are where we are today!
Go to other western countries and see how they even beg u to use thier free WiFi
Mumu

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:56am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:
After installing Wi-Fi are they going to provide them with the tablets and pads to use it with. Or Are they encouraging students and pupils to be using electronic gadgets and high end phones in school. To me this will further act as a distraction to their studies rather than aiding it. Not all students can afford a smart Wi-Fi enabled device and will create bitterness for those who does not have. We all know that nobody can control them when it comes to its usage, hence it will be abused. The government should rather empower the teachers on how best to utilize the internet to aid their teaching ideas by providing them with, digital audio visual equipments, electronic libraries and smart board that is internet enabled. [s]The Wi-Fi should be passworded and known only to the teachers and staff members. This is my take.[/s]
Is it only teachers that makes up Lagos state

He is thinking of reaching out to Lagosians and not a few!

Get it

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by veacea: 7:57am On May 13, 2018
Olaa:

Thank God you said “This is my take”. Let it just remain your TAKE pleeeeeeease! E she gaan, E ku idide!

Badt guy. Lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Crixina(f): 8:01am On May 13, 2018
PurplePatch:
The only "country" within our country. Lagos is always ahead. Hope Yahoo wanna-bes won't build nests and dens around those schools. grin
Exactly, schools and bus terminals will become sinister.

This is a good development...but here, in Nigeria, we have a way of turning beautiful things to evil.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Crixina(f): 8:02am On May 13, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Trash
it's not trash, he is saying the truth.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by EarthXmetahuman: 8:08am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:
trash

Why not also ask government to provide brain for you to use the WiFi.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Nobody: 8:08am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:

I want to know if the BRT blue bus still have WiFi connections in them, and if they are still running.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by omojeesu(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2018
Good. Very Good!
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Seun360(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2018
idris4r83:
It will b a distraction to public skool students. Social media ti take over

Exactly my though.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Crixina(f): 8:11am On May 13, 2018
I'm surprised people are not seeing the downside of this development which doesn't mean it shouldn't still be done.

But people shouldn't make it sound like it will automatically make the education system better.

It will make a lot of things go bad, if not checkmated.
How many secondary school students would want to stay in class and study, when they can surf the internet, game, chat and a lot more.
Have you considered the crowd at bus terminals because people will cluster there 24/7 for free WiFi which will further enhance criminal activities.
It's a good thing and it should be done, but there should also be a means to checkmate usage and keep people in line.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Yoruba4Life: 8:12am On May 13, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Some people will not be happy about this.

God bless Ambode.
God bless Ile Yoruba.
God bless Nigeria.
All praise to ododuwa.

#Ekonibaje

O baje ti! cool

Thunder fire all okoro pple! angry

Yoruba 4 Life!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by seguno2: 8:12am On May 13, 2018
What is stopping Lagos state from having free education for all children of residents who pay taxes?
What improvement has been made on teacher:students ratio compared to international standards?
What about library:students, laboratory:students, school nurse: students? Are these not more important than the effizy of WiFi that won’t last and most likely is an avenue to steal money from the unsuspecting citizens

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Nobody: 8:18am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:

This is a retrogressive way of thinking. You are on a reverse gear bro.

The world has gone beyond the era you are operating. You don't need high end phones to surf the web. The internet is an invaluable tool that facilitates research and learning.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Nobody: 8:18am On May 13, 2018
Some people will never finish school and some busstops will be some people's final destination.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:22am On May 13, 2018
It's cool. But all these things needs to be controlled. Some can turn it to business centre, students and even some teachers will be taking time with it
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by OLOREemma: 8:26am On May 13, 2018
linearity:

Am surprise you are taking a myopic view on this.

The best and enduring education is not the one impacted on you by your teachers, but the one sought by yourself, driven by an inner desire and hunger.

The internet is a vast avenue capable of feeding that hunger and drive, it will enable students to strive beyond the four walls of their classrooms or the limitations of their teacher’s repetitive and tired lesson notes. They will have opportunities and reseviour of knowledge only limited by their drives and desires. At early age, they will be able to see what their peers globally are doing and capable of, making them more apt to compete in the emerging global market place.

Smartphones are ubiquitous these days even in Nigeria, the price point of these devices keep coming down and they are no longer the exclusive reserve of the rich.

Agreed, social misfits will take advantage of it to further their nefarious activities, but that is not enough to deter it. We don’t stop building highways and bridges because Armed Robbers use them to commit their nefarious activities and as such, these concerns should not deter building the information high way or making it more accessible to more Nigerians.

Knowledge is power and advantage.

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by dermmy(m): 8:28am On May 13, 2018
linearity:

The best and enduring education is not the one impacted on you by your teachers, but the one sought by yourself, driven by an inner desire and hunger.

The internet is a vast avenue capable of feeding that hunger and drive, it will enable students to strive beyond the four walls of their classrooms or the limitations of their teacher’s repetitive and tired lesson notes. They will have opportunities and reseviour of knowledge only limited by their drives and desires. At early age, they will be able to see what their peers globally are doing and capable of, making them more apt to compete in the emerging global market place.

Smartphones are ubiquitous these days even in Nigeria, the price point of these devices keep coming down and they are no longer the exclusive reserve of the rich.

Agreed, social misfits will take advantage of it to further their nefarious activities, but that is not enough to deter it. We don’t stop building highways and bridges because Armed Robbers use them to commit their nefarious activities and as such, these concerns should not deter building the information high way or making it more accessible to more Nigerians.

I feel like hugging you for this.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Nobody: 8:28am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:
one of the world's most famous fool talking.......

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by lakesider(m): 8:33am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:

Your brain and buhari s brain ... Which is older ...
We need smarter kids to take care of us when we grow old .not kids that have crammed books written in the 18th century .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2018
linearity:

I'm surprised...
...the price point of these devices keeps...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by freshtimi(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2018
Godyke:
very backward talk.. With Wi-Fi students have access to unlimited resources. URL filtering will be put in place obviously. With cheap internet and electricity it's easier for a Nigerian youth to empower himsef/herself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Surrey2Bimshire: 8:39am On May 13, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Lol

There's a catch. The one in the BRT asked for TOO MANY permissions. Oh, and they made us install an app before we could connect. An app that asked for call history, storage information, location, etc.

Then it made a request to monitor all traffic going in and out of my phone, through mobile network and WiFi. My phone brought up a popup I'd NEVER seen before telling me only to accept this if its an app I trust.

Do I trust the Nigerian Government? Not at all. I uninstalled their rubbish app immediately. Let them keep their WiFi. I'll use my data in peace lol.

Lol yeah it’s going to be another way of monitoring people lol..

And another avenue for people to hack your phone lol
I don’t use public WiFi... ever

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 UTME: Don't Expect Result Earlier Than Wednesday - JAMB Tells Candidates / National Library Building To Be Completed At 50 Billion Naira / Smart City: Lagos To Train One Million Residents On Computer Coding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.