Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals (13605 Views)

Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / Akeredolu Commissions Classroom With Modern Toilet For Public School (Photos) / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by linearity: 3:05pm On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
u r so wrong is ridiculous

Am sorry, it’s not ridiculous....
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:16pm On May 15, 2018
linearity:

Am sorry, it’s not ridiculous....
whatever floats ur boat
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Godyke(m): 5:34pm On May 16, 2018
awelekiti:
What happened to your brain when composing this piece? No wonder none of our universities could make the best 1000 list worldwide for more than 15 good years. Free WiFi is a norm in public schools and parks abroad. Stop thinking backward pls. People like you faulted introduction of ATM in year 2000, citing insecurity and possibility of stealing money loaded in it. Now, atm is everywhere, adding values to life. Internet access carries a great score when rating a university or higher institutions worldwide. Virtually every student has android-enabled phones, maybe except you. There are cheap ones out there. Students even find it easier to pass Info across to one another via whatsapp than calls. My niece receives his assignment and important Info on campus via whatsapp through the group.

You know am not thinking backwards as you claim. And am sure you know am making sense of which you will surely come to terms with when it is time. Is it not the same public school and their products we have around these days? You will surely bury your head in shame then. Mark my words.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Godyke(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2018
linearity:

Am surprise you are taking a myopic view on this.

The best and enduring education is not the one impacted on you by your teachers, but the one sought by yourself, driven by an inner desire and hunger.

The internet is a vast avenue capable of feeding that hunger and drive, it will enable students to strive beyond the four walls of their classrooms or the limitations of their teacher’s repetitive and tired lesson notes. They will have opportunities and reseviour of knowledge only limited by their drives and desires. At early age, they will be able to see what their peers globally are doing and capable of, making them more apt to compete in the emerging global market place.

Smartphones are ubiquitous these days even in Nigeria, the price point of these devices keep coming down and they are no longer the exclusive reserve of the rich.

Agreed, social misfits will take advantage of it to further their nefarious activities, but that is not enough to deter it. We don’t stop building highways and bridges because Armed Robbers use them to commit their nefarious activities and as such, these concerns should not deter building the information high way or making it more accessible to more Nigerians.

Knowledge is power and advantage.

I quite agree with you on the importance of the internet to education and am not disputing that outrightly. But it is a known fact the average black man does not read. We prefer to be entertained by it. Most people who goes about with earpiece on are not listening to motivational talks or informative news, but rather music. This is my greatest fear if it is introduced into our public secondary schools. I do not have issue with higher institutions.
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Godyke(m): 5:50pm On May 16, 2018
nymphomaniac:
iranu

I thought you have something better to say if you think am not making sense. Who is now an iranu between me and you
Re: Lagos Announces Free-wifi Installation Plan For Public Schools, Bus Terminals by Godyke(m): 5:55pm On May 16, 2018
DCMIX:
one step at a time.

Yes I agree. It should be one step at a time. At public school level, they should start with the Universities and polytechnics then latter consider secondary schools based on their academic records.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Groom A Child For The Medical Profession? / National Library Building To Be Completed At 50 Billion Naira / 2019 UTME: Don't Expect Result Earlier Than Wednesday - JAMB Tells Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.