Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. (24588 Views)

Niger PDP LGA Congress Senator Misau Led Electoral Panel Absconds / #rubbinminds: Nigerians React To Yemi Osinbajo Canceling Interview With Ebuka / Tinubu Wins As Oyegun Formally Withdraws From APC Chairmanship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by cascarino(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2018
Okorocha commends Oyegun for cancelling Imo APC LG congresses
vanguardngr.com May 12, 2018 12:57 PM
The Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has commended the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun for cancelling the conduct of the Local Government Congresses of the Party in the State, which should have, under normal scenario, taken place today.

Odigie-Oyegun, on Friday confirmed the postponement of the today’s Imo local government congress just as the state secretariat of the APC was set ablaze by unknown persons.

Speaking on the postponement Odigie-Oyegun said: ‘Yes, the party has shifted the Local Government Congress in Imo pending the report of the Appeal Committee’

According to Sam Onwuemeodo, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, in a statement he signed on Saturday said that ‘the best option, considering the fact that the APC Ward Congresses have not been held in the State because the queer-characters in the so-called coalition made away with the Sensitive materials meant for the Venture.’

Also, he said that the moment they got the hint of the possible postponement of the Local Government Congresses, they deployed their thugs to go and set the party’s state secretariat ablaze, under the heavy rain that had fallen in Owerri on Friday, May 11, 2018 evening.

He also said that ‘it is also necessary to point out that all those in the sick coalition in the state are electoral liabilities. They are all serial election losers. Chief Ifeanyi Araraume had run for governorship in 2007, 2011, and 2015 and failed in all. Infact, he never won even in his Isiala Mbano LGA, in all the elections.’

‘Chief Okay Ikoro has never crossed the level of Party Primaries. TOE Ekechi had contested election four times and in all, he lost his deposits. Hope Uzodinma defeated Osita Izunaso for Orlu Senatorial Seat. Eze Madumere has not won election even as a councillor until Rochas took him. Ben Uwajumogu was just made Senator by Governor Rochas Okorocha.’

‘Their target is to destroy APC but they must be resisted by owners of the Party in the State. They are food-is-ready Politicians. Otherwise, why won’t they look for a virgin Party and file behind one of them as Candidate and let us see how far they can go.

‘If they were popular, why did they avoid coming to the field for the Ward Congresses, but decided to run away with the Sensitive materials for the exercise.

‘The fact remains that they must not be allowed to destroy APC like they did almost all the other Parties in the State ‘ the statement said'

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/988400/amp/

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by ufuosman(m): 3:57pm On May 12, 2018
IMO state go be war zone for your eyes, never see anything

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2018
This is just the beginning.

AFFORDABLE BOOKKEEPING & ACCOUNTING SERVICES: ₦27,500 per month

CLICK, IF YOU NEED AN EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANT TO MANAGE YOUR COMPANY'S ACCOUNT

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by talktrue1(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2018
Is he still the chairman?

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:23pm On May 12, 2018
Rochas should just surrender the state to avoid embarrassment....

He has lost relevance
And South East is allergic to his Evil party

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by dynicks(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2018
f
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by lilfreezy: 4:34pm On May 12, 2018
Lol this owerri monarch is still talking sha. The most hated man in imo state.

56 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2018
Rochas will surely get the last laugh but the sweet news is that it will Balkanize APC in Imo to aid PDP to power come 2019

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by WizzPoll: 5:39pm On May 12, 2018
How did we get so low in Imo State?

Swapping of electoral umpires a day to elections, now a Government spokesman is saying the Governor made Ben Uwajumogu Senator! That for me is confirmation of rigging becsause the last time I checked a Senator is not an appointee of the Governor. So how could Rochas make Uwajumogu Senator? Thats a very incriminating statement that reflects the impunity Government business has become in Imo State!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Omeokachie: 5:50pm On May 12, 2018
Welcome development.

Anything that further divide and scatter the ranks of the enemy of the people is welcome.

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Blackfire(m): 5:51pm On May 12, 2018
Click like if you love what is happening to okorocha, APc in imo State.

Click share if you pity him.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Banmeallday: 5:53pm On May 12, 2018
All the campaigning for Mallams, al the flights to and fro to Northern Oligarchs. All the meetings wearing Fulani dress, and yet Okorocha is nowhere in the scheme of things- nowhere in Biafra and no where in Nigeria.

He said we need to remember our history, yet he built statues of criminals from far away places so his people could forget who they were and are (Ibiam, Achuzie, and others that SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT).

I pity you Okorocha, and trying to get your family members to take over will not work

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by WizzPoll: 6:15pm On May 12, 2018
for the records

it appears what has happened is the postponement of LGA congress that was meant to take place on 12/05/18

The ward congress outcome is still undergoing an appeal process
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by HallaDaTruth: 7:05pm On May 12, 2018
Rochas Okorocha in 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Samogbo1(m): 7:05pm On May 12, 2018
Its alryt, wat goes around, will surely come around.

U really need a spy device, to calm d likes of Okorocha.

simply check out my signature.
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by saintvc(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2018
whatever happens, some persons roll go to court .

only inec representative can tell us if election took place or not
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by bestman09(m): 7:12pm On May 12, 2018
Z
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by NothingDoMe: 7:19pm On May 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Rochas will surely get the last laugh but the sweet news is that it will Balkanize APC in Imo to aid PDP to power come 2019
Tonye I disagree. Rochas won't have the last laugh. I can bet my breakfast on that.

I will remind you in the not too distant future.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Krafty006: 7:31pm On May 12, 2018
politics .......contact us for your leather works , shoes sandals and slippers 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Chukazu: 7:34pm On May 12, 2018
Oyegu na mumu shaa

Never needed to over turn the results, Okorocha is an outgoing governor, has got nothing to prove ... So why do his bidding?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by jaxxy(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2018
ufuosman:

Truth if u want to be in party u must abide by its rules and rulling and if u don't like it u seek redress and if not satisfied leave the party bt turning ur party to a gangster war house is unbecoming.
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by oneligeria: 7:43pm On May 12, 2018
If by hook or crook Rocha's camp emerges victorious then let it be known that APC as a party will fail in Imo and massive defections will follow.

In 2003, Anambra PDP conducted 5 party gubernatorial primaries and still incumbent governor Chinwoke Mbadinuju could not get his party's ticket for a second tenure. Obasanjo told him " My friend I have tried my best for you but your people don't like you, step down and stop wasting my time".

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by SirBunky85(m): 7:44pm On May 12, 2018
ufuosman:
story.I told u pple dat rochas cant be neglected by the APC in abuja.rochas will eventually have his way of giving the ticket to his inlaw.the worst ararume,madumere,hope uzodinma and all other aggrieved apc stalwarts in imo can do is to work against the party but none of dem would get elected in apc.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Abagworo(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Imo State cannot be won by anybody without Okorocha support. Okorocha has everything from higher support base(village voters) , higher fire power(militants, thugs, ready to die boys) if violence is required, higher intelligence (smartest young men), higher funds and access to Buhari. So these noisemakers can never win by hook or crook. That they can move around freely or even visit their village is because Okorocha is sacrificing a lot to beg the youths from taking laws into their hands.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by oyetunder(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2018
kiss the contract to erect a mable image of Oyegun had also be awarded. Long live the demagogue of deceptions

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 12, 2018
Numb skull...keep typing nonsense.

Abagworo:

Imo State cannot be won by anybody without Okorocha support. Okorocha has everything from higher support base(village voters) , higher fire power(militants, thugs, ready to die boys) if violence is required, higher intelligence (smartest young men), higher funds and access to Buhari. So these noisemakers can never win by hook or crook. That they can move around freely or even visit their village is because Okorocha is sacrificing a lot to beg the youths from taking laws into their hands.

11 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2018
grin grin grin grin Madumere, Uzodinma,Izunaso, Ararume and my neighbouring Kinsman TOE should all understand that Buhari and Abuja will never handover APC party structure to these men who cannot deliver Buhari's expected 25% in Imo grin.

Ararume can move to APGA

Madumere can move to SDP

Hope Uzodinma can move to Obasanjo's Party.

This will create a standard pathway for my political Mentor Senator Samuel Anyanwu aka SamDaddy.

PDP for Imo State
Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by shankara7: 8:33pm On May 12, 2018
Abagworo:

The same Rochas that was thoroughly beaten in the ward congress or another one? Continue deceiving yourself this is just the postponement of LGA congress.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by oluscofield(m): 8:38pm On May 12, 2018
OK but, I was strolling with my last fvck on leash on this thread earlier when Op ambushed me and held me at Knifepoint. "Give me your fvck!" He thundered. I was already trembling, different thoughts ran through my mind. "What will I tell my parents when I get home" among others. But then my life is more important than a fvck. Op was becoming more aggresive now so I had to make a quick decision. I looked behind my back and saw my fvck with teary eyes, she nodded in disapproval as though she was saying "Pls don't do this". "Which kind wahala be dis now" I said to myself. "Look!" I shouted at the Op while pointing my hand into an empty space behind his back, as soon as he turned his head, I grabbed my fvck and made a run for it. He chased us but we were able to outrun him. Few mins later, I was already sitting under a shed with my fvck on my laps. I patted her and kissed her forehead. "It's alright dear, I almost gave you out today on a useless thread for that matter" She smiled sheepishly and rested on my arms. That was how I protected my last fvck from being given on this thread

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Exactly Senator Samuel Anyanwu 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress. by bionixs: 9:10pm On May 12, 2018
ufuosman:
they have out muscled him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Borehole: Obi Said He Wants People To Get Angry At What He's Doing - Abdulkarim / Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis / Governor Uzodinma: I Will Not Tolerate Any More Protests In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.