Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? (13268 Views)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by lizzyfearless(f): 12:46pm On May 13, 2018
I would love my church to change their mode of praise and worship. It shouldn't be just hymns, rather other good gospel songs should be introduced.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Vince77(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2018
swiz123:
Mehn... I'm catholic and their mode of offerring Is something else.

First collection, second collection, third, sometimes fourth.

Meanwhile, some of us don't have lower currency denominations; I can't give 1k four times na.

I once attended winners' chapel back in ogun state, and up till today, I still can't fathom why they allow girls wear nose rings to church; not to mention short skirts

Im Catholic too and i think homily should not exceed 10mins and mass should not exceed 90mins.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by daveP(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2018
Rccg should stop all these unneccesary workers meeting, meeting after service crap. I've studied and sat backstage in about over a 100 of such meetings and trust me, it's just waste of time and attention. A whatsapp group can be used to pass across most of what's said in such meetings.

Service finish 11, brief meeting turn to 2hrs or 3.... Cmon now. body no be firewood now.

Winners and Christ Embassy should work on the dress code, styles of their girls. Esp CE, boob's almost pouring out of a dress on cross over service??

The tithing stuff have different madness in different churches.

Then this pastor of a thing and his counselling. It's very bad that most pastors aren't gifted to counsel. Most of these pastors are wack in that area. Which means they should give it to another person preferably.

Seen cases where ladies that need serious spiritual help were avoided cos the pastor and his wife were afraid of her predicament. like WTF?

And if such a girl wanders away more into sin, it's the same pastor couple that would be pointing finger. This is Rccg.

The pastor transfer thing too sucks. Amounting to breaking homes in the name of serving God..... they can upgrade it in such a way nobody suffers discomfort.

Then ministering and providing for the less privileged within or without the church. almost all these big churches suck at this too.

Nothing bad in using the offerings gotten from one Sunday service to get stuff for random less privileged people in some locations that they are known to stay like underbridges, junctions and inside dilapidated buildings, etc.

lemme stop here. I have more to say.

All the above never pain me reach the nonsensical gibberish so called speaking in tongues that is and everly, is been done the wrong wrong way.

The pastors themselves were brought up like this, so the cycle goes on. They should read scriptures well and confirm a matter well.....

A known olosho will come to be speaking in tongues and I'll be like is this even possible atall? This is the "Holy Spirit " we talking of here......

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by mamatayour(f): 1:13pm On May 13, 2018
vizkiz:
I find it hard to stay in one church since I left chapel of his glory (back in Ado Ekiti).

Other churches I have attended always lack

The word
Good music
Fine babes
Good structure.
Good sound.

There was one church I attended (CAC) Chai... I wish they can just change their while choir. Filled with old women and dull youths. The service was awesome though (Educated pastor... Something you hardly see in CAC)

I attended coza one time and I don't wanna leave the church auditorium again. Wish I can keep going back there but the distance from my house ehn.

So nowadays I just stay at home on Sundays and watch TV sermon cry
I was a member of that church in Ado back then. God bless Reverend Kunle Salami and wife
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by chukzyfcbb: 1:29pm On May 13, 2018
Money collections oh

- Offertory
- Sunday offering, Building offering
- Tithes and special offering
- Happy Thanksgiving offering
- Birthday/Wedding Thanksgiving offering
- If its first Sunday of the month, New Month Thanksgiving
and Prophetic Offering
- Harvest or any project offering
- Then advertise list of church accounts to pay any dues or pledges made or donations to help some in the church...

If you no go for at least 3offering, and others dey go e go be like say u be akagum!

Offering collection is too damn much
#Anglican member says so

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by johnzik: 1:39pm On May 13, 2018
Have you been in Full Life Christian Centre Uyo, a near perfect example a true worship centre where Rev Ntia I. Ntia preaches the full gospel with passion for God and the flock.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by grtfem: 1:40pm On May 13, 2018
HeyCorleone:

You can shove your opinion way up your ass till it comes out of your throat.

Not even the Pope can stop me from being Catholic.

I'm Catholic today because I have managed to convince myself and actually believe the practices and doctrine, although not entirely. And that shows I have a brain. I think fro myself. I don't just swallow everything from Vatican.
Very good brother, it is always good to enjoy the best of two worlds you are saying to yourself? you want to remain a catholic and at the same time enjoy the DEFAULT SIN (dissobidence), no sir, not good for you, you need to pick one. as for your insults, am i suppose to reply you, no sir, not brought up that way. today when you hear his words, harden not your heart.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by chukzyfcbb: 1:43pm On May 13, 2018
Not to forget the sermon.

for almost years now, I haven't enjoyed sermon at church (Anglican). I will do a better job at teaching sermon than them priest, they don't delve deep into the word of God.

I won't lie its one of the reasons I enjoy listening to pastors like Chris Oyakhilome/David Ibeyomi even tho I am not a member.

They go very deep, telling you the Greek meaning/Latin meaning, combing the bible to and fro to reveal things you didn't know.

But when I go to a church and you keep preaching sermon as if you are talking to a Sunday school Kid, I get bored because I didn't learn anything new. same ol same ol method

Most of the vicars need total overhaul in the way they dish out sermon.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by HeyCorleone(m): 1:43pm On May 13, 2018
grtfem:

Very good brother, it is always good to enjoy the best of two worlds you are saying to yourself? you want to remain a catholic and at the same time enjoy the DEFAULT SIN (dissobidence), no sir, not good for you, you need to pick one. as for your insults, am i suppose to reply you, no sir, not brought up that way. today when you hear his words, harden not your heart.

You don't know how stupid you sound. Very stupid. Being Catholic should deprive you if commonsense or the ability to process thoughts for yourself. So if tomorrow the church brings up a new doctrine and you disagree with it you'd leave? Or you'd practice this doctrine without faith?
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by toye440: 1:44pm On May 13, 2018
vizkiz:
I find it hard to stay in one church since I left chapel of his glory (back in Ado Ekiti).

The word
Good music
Fine babes
Good structure.
Good sound.

There was one church I attended (CAC) Chai... I wish they can just change their while choir. Filled with old women and dull youths. The service was awesome though (Educated pastor... Something you hardly see in CAC)

I attended coza one time and I don't wanna leave the church auditorium again. Wish I can keep going back there but the distance from my house ehn.

wen two or three are gathered in my name not with TV. Pls read Hebrews 10: 25 and stop giving flimsy excuses like no fine babes, bro search ur heart its so perverted.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by SAMBARRY: 1:52pm On May 13, 2018
trustworthy1:

which church?
is that necessary? I'm not here to gossip about any church but it is one of the Pentecostal churches and if you are a Pentecostal stakeholder or leader do something about it
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by hot1sauce(m): 1:52pm On May 13, 2018
SAMBARRY:
gate fee ? Haba dey lie small small na grin
have u been to MFM? go to MFM and u will see what I'm talking about
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by SAMBARRY: 1:53pm On May 13, 2018
grin
toye440:

wen two or three are gathered in my name not with TV. Pls read Hebrews 10: 25 and stop giving flimsy excuses like no fine babes, bro search ur heart its so perverted.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by SAMBARRY: 1:55pm On May 13, 2018
hot1sauce:
have u been to MFM? go to MFM and u will see what I'm talking about
I have been to a couple of branches of mfm and including the prayer city and I have never experienced what you are talking about neither have I witnessed it
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by olaoye4(m): 1:56pm On May 13, 2018
Payment of tithe and offering
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by femi4: 2:00pm On May 13, 2018
vizkiz:

The word
Good music
Fine babes
Good structure.
Good sound.

Chapel of his babes na Church? No wonder
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by hot1sauce(m): 2:02pm On May 13, 2018
SAMBARRY:
I have been to a couple of branches of mfm and including the prayer city and I have never experienced what you are talking about neither have I witnessed it
OK cool, well how often do u attend their events/services? I'm sure if you're a member or a regular church goer you will come across this. I've gone as a visitor after being invited by a friend who is a Pentecostal Christian worshipper and I've seen instances where you will pay just to attend the service.... as an outsider you will see this as an instance dictating just another form of initiation by way of paying an unnecessary tithe
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by femi4: 2:05pm On May 13, 2018
HeyCorleone:
I'm Catholic.

I don't really fancy the stress of believing in Mary as an intercessor. I get the reason why and I totally understand the role she played but I don't think it's a compulsion to say prayers such as hail Mary or even view her as an intercessor.

I've tried to believe but my faith can't carry it. Should that make me less Catholic? No.
They ll soon come for your head
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by ZZ22: 2:07pm On May 13, 2018
HeyCorleone:
I'm Catholic.

I don't really fancy the stress of believing in Mary as an intercessor. I get the reason why and I totally understand the role she played but I don't think it's a compulsion to say prayers such as hail Mary or even view her as an intercessor.

I've tried to believe but my faith can't carry it. Should that make me less Catholic? No.
I was like you and I dodged praying the Rosary many times but believe me after Holy Mass the highest prayer that follows is the HOLY ROSARY

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by SAMBARRY: 2:11pm On May 13, 2018
hot1sauce:
OK cool, well how often do u attend their events/services? I'm sure if you're a member or a regular church goer you will come across this. I've gone as a visitor after being invited by a friend who is a Pentecostal Christian worshipper and I've seen instances where you will pay just to attend the service.... as an outsider you will see this as an instance dictating just another form of initiation by way of paying an unnecessary tithe
that's definitely not a genuine church or genuine mfm. Secondly I am not a regular of mfm I only go there once in a while but all the times I have been there never heard of such

You must have entered a fake church camouflaging as mfm just to extort money from spiritually and mentally gullible people. If you were really sensitive you should have known something funny is fishy when they asked you to pay gate fee

I expect you to have walked away however if you didn't hope you got value for your money I. E when service was going on they served you fried rice, fried chicken and nice juice drinks? Did they treat you with respect and courtesy? Did you ask the pastor to keep quiet when your phone was ringing because you had to answer a call. Basically did you get good customer service because I don't know since when the word of God became for sale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by belcom10(m): 2:15pm On May 13, 2018
So this kind of people still exist on planet earth. Hmm, na wa o.
allanphash7:
Though I'm not a Christian

But i want church to stop asking for idamewa (Tithe) and offering

They should also stop telling people that there is heaven and hell

They should stop that...

...thinking
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by hot1sauce(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2018
SAMBARRY:
that's definitely not a genuine church or genuine mfm. Secondly I am not a regular of mfm I only go there once in a while but all the times I have been there never heard of such

You must have entered a fake church camouflaging as mfm just to extort money from spiritually and mentally gullible people. If you were really sensitive you should have known something funny is fishy when they asked you to pay gate fee

I expect you to have walked away however if you didn't hope you got value for your money I. E when service was going on they served you fried rice, fried chicken and nice juice drinks? Did they treat you with respect and courtesy? Did you ask the pastor to keep quiet when your phone was ringing because you had to answer a call. Basically did you get good customer service because I don't know since when the word of God became for sale
Well no offence but I think a member of the MFM church can testify to this sort of thing going on. the time I went it was when the MFM thing was really taking off, particularly in Nigeria. I can't say that I'm sensitive in this regard but I will say that this kind of thing do make one sceptical about the type of practices exhibited by such churches. I wasn't served any form of refreshment, however I did notice the normal thing of people using the church as a place of business to sell food and drink which I cant personally say that I agree with. All in all I just don't agree with this whole wave of enterprise and money making that is been conducted in churches nowadays. Even in the catholic church I go to now. its been a few years back now where there have been priests who come in and during mass/service after delivering sermon turn the whole thing into an auction by halting the conclusion of proceedings by compelling the congregation to come forward and donate particular amounts of money before concluding which I feel is wrong. We have set and regimented offerings .i.e. communal and maintenance offering which is completely voluntary and enough in my humble opinion. In short I think the style of Pentecostal worship should not be brought to the Catholic or any other denomination of the church for that matter
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by toye440: 2:34pm On May 13, 2018
olaoye4:
Payment of tithe and offering
Bro ola there is nothing wrong with tithe and offerings, just that our pastors r too materialistic.
Offering is normal even occult give it, but tithing may not b compulsory, as it is u trusting God with ur resources. If u think u can rebuke d devourer all by ur self carry go it's ur choice.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Evangelistofluv: 2:43pm On May 13, 2018
swiz123:

First collection, second collection, third, sometimes fourth.

Meanwhile, some of us don't have lower currency denominations; I can't give 1k four times na.

I once attended winners' chapel back in ogun state, and up till today, I still can't fathom why they allow girls wear nose rings to church; not to mention short skirts

any church that falls for tithe and offering... Always fear to preach d truth of salvation so they gather more members
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Octaves(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2018
swiz123:

First collection, second collection, third,o sometimes fourth.

you lie. Catholics do offertory once. if there is any other collection, its done after the mass and you are not forced to give something and neither does anyone give a damn if you give or not

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by SAMBARRY: 3:07pm On May 13, 2018
hot1sauce:
Well no offence but I think a member of the MFM church can testify to this sort of thing going on. the time I went it was when the MFM thing was really taking off, particularly in Nigeria. I can't say that I'm sensitive in this regard but I will say that this kind of thing do make one sceptical about the type of practices exhibited by such churches. I wasn't served any form of refreshment, however I did notice the normal thing of people using the church as a place of business to sell food and drink which I cant personally say that I agree with. All in all I just don't agree with this whole wave of enterprise and money making that is been conducted in churches nowadays. Even in the catholic church I go to now. its been a few years back now where there have been priests who come in and during mass/service after delivering sermon turn the whole thing into an auction by halting the conclusion of proceedings by compelling the congregation to come forward and donate particular amounts of money before concluding which I feel is wrong. We have set and regimented offerings .i.e. communal and maintenance offering which is completely voluntary and enough in my humble opinion. In short I think the style of Pentecostal worship should not be brought to the Catholic or any other denomination of the church for that matter
I am boldly and categorically telling you now that a church that ask you to pay gate fee before entering is not a church. However there's nothing wrong with people selling snacks, drinks or refreshments outside the church after service because people who sat down for close to 3plus hrs listening to sermon must be hungry after church and would want something to eat and smart business people will take advantage of that opportunity. However what is wrong is selling stuffs inside the church auditorium while service is in progress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by ElSakina: 3:14pm On May 13, 2018
I just want them to stop preaching about prosperity and switch to salvation.

Love

Honesty

Dedication

Humbleness
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by laudate: 4:15pm On May 13, 2018
Jofet:
Church members MUST marry only within the church, if you marry someone who is not a member of your church, you are seen a sinner.
That crab sucks!!!!

There is no church name in Heaven, only blood washed saints "from all kindred and tongues and tribes and denomination"
In fact, no pastor can tell me to marry only from my church, and not to marry from another church. angry Anyway, we do not have such strange doctrines. The only requirement is that your intended spouse must be a born again Christian, baptised in water, spirit-filled, living for God and walking scripturally. The only churches whose members I would not go near are - Celestial Church, Cherubim & Seraphim, Brotherhood of the Cross and Star (BCS) and Synagogue. Any of the other denominations are okay. If my pastor refuses to wed us, na registry I dey go straight. cool

What do I dislike about my church? I can't think of anything right now. But one church I still do not think I can attend on a permanent basis, is Mountain of Fire & Miracles. I have been invited for a few services in the past. The women look as if they are in distress - no earrings, no lipstick, no make-up, no braids. Haba!! shocked No be una kill Jesus, nah.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Evidenx(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2018
[quote author=allanphash7 post=67518474]Though I'm not a Christian

But i want church to stop asking for idamewa (Tithe) and offering

They should also stop telling people that there is heaven and hell

They should stop that...

...thinking [/quote
you are not a Christian wetin u come find here? who asked u to comment?.... taifia... amebo.
if na Muslim thread now them nor go allow us comment.
what a yeyecious thing to do.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by laudate: 4:22pm On May 13, 2018
hot1sauce:

Thou shalt not lie. shocked Which branch of MFM did you go to, and you were asked to pay gate fee? I am not a member of MFM, but I have been invited to their Prayer City at Ibafo before, as well as their HQ. And there was no gate fee. Even the branch in my area, does not have gate fee! sad Which MFM branch did you attend, and in what area of town was it located?

SAMBARRY:

Thank you, o! shocked My neighbour is a dedicated member of MFM, and is even a church worker there. She just told me that no such thing exists in their church. She also said that any pastor who collects such a thing, will be heavily sanctioned if it ever occurs. She has invited me for a few programmes and when I went there, I did not see any such thing, like gate fee. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by purityval(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2018
MissJoy29:
I'd like my Church to stop making Tithe paying compulsory. It's compulsory in the sense that they tie it to some benefits which you can't access unless you pay regularly. That's why there's a tithe card.

I'd also like my Church to stop planting Parishes everywhere without equipping them adequately. This makes the Pastors attached to these Churches turn to mini-beggars by soliciting for funds from people anyhow and every time.

Also, the planting of Parishes anyhow gives rise to another disturbing practise: ordaining anyhow persons as Pastors. Some are too young, too inexperienced, not hot for God, not well-grounded etc.

Again, I'd like them to join the Communion Service together with the normal morning service on Sundays instead of having another service in the evening for It and doing everything(offering, Praise & Worship, testimony, Sermon, announcements etc) all over again.

Furthermore, I'd like my Church to make their universities affordable for majority of the congregants and their wards whose monies perhaps helped in building those schools. It's only fair, right & Christainly to do so.

Finally, I don't think I will ever understand the practice of smaller Parishes and school fellowships remitting a certain percentage of their collections to the National Headquarters or to the General Overseer's account directly. Except there's something I'm missing. Cos I think the tap should flow from full to empty or half empty/half full and not the other way around.

I think people should know that it's not compulsory to go to church.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by hot1sauce(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2018
laudate:

Thou shalt not lie. shocked Which branch of MFM did you go to, and you were asked to pay gate fee? I am not a member of MFM, but I have been invited to their Prayer City at Ibafo before, as well as their HQ. And there was no gate fee. Even the branch in my area, does not have gate fee! sad

Thank you, o! shocked My neighbour is a dedicated member of MFM, and is even a church worker there. She just told me that no such thing exists in their church. She also said that any pastor who collects such a thing, will be heavily sanctioned if it ever occurs. he has invited me for a few programmes and when I went there, I did not see any such thing. undecided

well I did not lie... like I said I was invited by a member of the MFM and at this time the church was even just coming into its own in Nigeria. The branch I went to was somewhere in one of the municipals of the FCT Abuja.... I paid a gate fee.... and its even one official or is it guard who collected it from me... to enter at the time. That I paid along with all the other tithes which I suppose is normal. it was just the gate fee which I did not understand. I don't know anything about Ibafo or the HQ O! i'm not a regular member of MFM, i'm just stating what I've witnessed going with one who invited me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? / Why I Am Not An Atheist / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.