Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! (46101 Views)

Pepper Farming: Can You Imagine The Extent Of Loss Due To Lack Of Storage? (Vide / Warning! Don't Do Poultry Biz In TRIAL & ERROR - Get FREE Practical Training... / Eggs Theft In Poultry: What Is The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 9:03am On Jun 06, 2018
Ventilation; a big money saver

Proper air flow is very vital for optimal performance of our birds but most poulterers often see it as something to careless about. Some problems we have in our farms could be traced to Ventilation and they often arise when not looked into from the onset (brooding).

Air is needed for the breakdown of ingested feed, elimination of ammonia gas and carbon monoxide from the pen/brooder, cool the body of the birds, remove dampness, helps in proper litter management and also reduce the risk of quick spread of diseases.

When a pen/brooder house is poorly ventilated (fully sealed brooder house and pens with many coaches of block), it gives room for little or no air to come in. oxygen is needed for food metabolism and when absent, food metabolism is slowed which can result to stunted growth. The already exhaled air is still reused by the birds which is detrimental to them. The moisture from the droppings and evaporation from waterers are also trapped thereby making the litter wet and the environment humid. Wet litter serves as a breeding ground for diseases like coccidiosis, salmonellosis etc. Ammonia gas from the litter is trapped too and can lead to itching, watery eyes, ammonia burn, a disease called ammoniac kerato-conjuctivitis etc. All these making us spend more on drugs, having more mortalities, decreasing egg production and eventually increasing cost of production. Poor Ventilation can lead to heat stroke, ascites, even poor temperature regulation.

You should give more attention to Ventilation during brooding just like the way we give attention to warmth provision. Older birds need proper Ventilation in all seasons. Remember; a healthy bird is a profitable bird!

1 Like

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
Please when administering vaccine handle with extra care, if possible ask a vet doctor or practicing farmer to help you out if not doing it yourself.
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by kalu61(m): 1:36am On Jun 07, 2018
sefani:
Noiler is a dual purpose breed of chicken developed by Amo farm sieberer
hatchery ltd for small holder farmers to address the challenges of food insecurity
and financial dependency among rural populace, especially women.
Unique Features
Noiler is bred to survive in free range and on kitchen waste and farm by-products
to produce good quality meat and egg, hence dual purpose bird with following
characteristics:

- Hardiness
- High resistance to common diseases
- Heat tolerance
- Low input- feed cost, shelter, labour
- Tougher meat than broiler
- Nutritional security

Benefits
Impact LOW INCOME women and youth at the rural settlements, across the
country by;
1. Increasing protein intake of rural children
2. Improve the productivity of chicken in terms of meat and egg production
relative to indigenous chicken.
3. Additional income generation for rural women and youth
4. Gender empowerment
5. Food security

Laying starts from 5 months. Feed them on chick mash till 5 weeks, grower till 9 weeks, then finisher.These aside, after one month,you can release them(free range) to feed on whatever they can lay their hands on.

Locals foods for Noiler birds
1. Rice chaff
2. Maize offal
3.wheat offal
4.spent grain
5.Vegetables
6.Chaff from akamu/oh I
7.Chaff from cassava
8.biscuit
9.indomie
10.Left over food
11.groundout cake

To order
Call or whatsapp Onyinye on 08061204834
N7500 per carton. A carton contains 51 birds.
N600 each for 5weeks olds.
ivdeliver everywhere
May be I have to send my mum one if she agrees but I have some questions. Is mesh feed same as normal broiler feed? The medication:is it a kind vaccination or drugs? What are the risk factors associated with buying a day old. l heard 30-40% doesn't make it.
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
kalu61:
May be I have to send my mum one if she agrees but I have some questions. Is mesh feed same as normal broiler feed? The medication:is it a kind vaccination or drugs? What are the risk factors associated with buying a day old. l heard 30-40% doesn't make it.
mesh is same as broiler feed.same kind of vaccines,antibiotics, vitamins that you give to Broilers.can be bought from feed shops.finally, Noiler is rugged just like the local fowl......look at it naaa. ...it's survival rate is so high like 99%
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
TOP TIPS FOR SELLING YOUR POULTRY ONLINE
February 19, 2015 · by Barbara TL · in
Chickens, Commercial, Education, Eggs,

Our Company, Unusual Species
Have you grown beyond simply keeping a flock of chickens for great eggs for breakfast? Have you started incubating eggs and breeding your own chickens or other types of poultry? Have you considered actually organizing a true breeding program on your farm or homestead? Have you dreamed about creating a business around breeding birds?

Breeding and selling poultry is truly an up and coming business idea. Chickens and poultry have been gaining popularity for the past couple years and people’s renewed interest and excitement in poultry is not going to fade in the near future.

Let’s assume you have decided on a breed you love and do well with. You’ve figured out the timing and other aspects to successfully hatching as many chicks as you want when you want them. Or you have solid sets of breeding birds producing successful hatching eggs. You’re all set to put yourself and your hatching eggs or chicks or even adult birds out there for selling to the public.

As nice as it is to sell some birds to your neighbors or family members, you cannot overlook online selling options especially if you really want to grow. For rare and expensive breeds, you will need the wider audience that the internet provides. Online selling options are also usually very inexpensive and sometimes free, so you can skip big marketing expenses.

To start selling online, prep first by taking some great photos of your birds.

Next, write up a short, couple sentence long biography about yourself, your farm, and your breeding program.

Then write up clear descriptions of the products you want to sell.

Finally, start exploring the various online options to find a good fit for your products…

If you have a rare breed or species, a Poultry-Specific
auction site might be more successful.

It is particularly important to sell with integrity and clarity so as to avoid confusion and misunderstanding

You connect with people and hold a buying/selling relationship.

Also, consider checking in with your local Cooperative Extension.

Join some Online Groups, such as social media groups or email groups.
Through these groups, you can often connect with people and find buyers of poultry many of which could be local. Often local online groups will organize in-person meet ups or tailgate sales.

If you are really serious about breeding and selling poultry, consider starting your own website. You can set up a professional looking website for almost free.

Another exciting option is to look into larger companies that are looking for good breeders of various types of poultry. This is especially good for people who don’t really like to be salespeople. You work with the company doing the selling and let the company with their professional customer service people deal with the customers.

You will need to be very organized and able to give specific info as to exact number of birds available for shipping on exact dates.

1 Like

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
order now
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:16am On Jun 15, 2018
today is Friday and yes we delivered! thank you for your patronage Nairalander.
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
VACCINATION OF NOILER
1. It is essential to vaccinate the Chicks against common viral diseases on
specific days to prevent disease outbreak.
2. Mother units and larger farmers should follow the vaccination dates and quality
of vaccines strictly.
3.Make sure that the cold chain is maintained while carrying the vaccine. Many
vaccines are not available below 1000 doses packing. Once opened,the contents
should be used up within one hour.
4. Make sure that all Chicks drink the vaccine water within one hour. Taking out
the drinkers 1 to 2 hours before vaccination makes the birds thirsty.
5.Use water stabilisers or skim milk powder in vaccine water.
Do not use any water sanitizer in water and day before and on the day of water
vaccination.
MANAGEMENT OF NOILER
1. Adjust curtains to give proper ventilation without cold drafts of winds.
2.Space per bird-Give 0.6sft/bird in "Mother Units" growing for distribution at 5
weeks.
3. See that the litter is not wet. Manage the drinkers height at the level of tail of
the birds.
4.If the litter gets wet or caked,take out the dirty litter and add new bedding
Litter should be raked daily.
5.Thickness of the bedding material should be 3 to 4 inches on the floor.
6.Target body weight in 5 weeks is about 480 Gmail to 500gm.
7. Always supply clean sanitized water to the birds.
8.Weigh the birds at end of every week. Weight at least 5% of the flock to get
accurate average body weight.
9. Provide light during night time to achieve target body weight.
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2018

Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
happy sunday
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
MANAGEMENT OF NOILER
1. Adjust curtains to give proper ventilation without cold drafts of winds.

2.Space per bird-Give 0.6sft/bird in "Mother Units" growing for distribution at 5
weeks.

3. See that the litter is not wet. Manage the drinkers height at the level of tail of
the birds.

4.If the litter gets wet or caked,take out the dirty litter and add new bedding
Litter should be raked daily.

5.Thickness of the bedding material should be 3 to 4 inches on the floor.
6.Target body weight in 5 weeks is about 480gm to 500gm.

7. Always supply clean sanitized water to the birds.

8.Weigh the birds at end of every week. Weight at least 5% of the flock to get
accurate average body weight.

9. Provide light during night time to achieve target body weight.
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
thank you Mike for making my day
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
tomorrow been Friday is another delivery day
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
what a day! deliveries made
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
1. Disultrim Sulphamethoxazole + Trimethoprim.

Uses... Fowl cholera Down Pneumonia Necrotic Enteritis Infectious Coryza Multi drug bacterial resistant infections.

White and Green stool.
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by Baroba(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
My mum in law will call you at Enugu, Biko give her all the guidance she will need ...
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2018
Baroba:
My mum in law will call you at Enugu, Biko give her all the guidance she will need ...
it's ok
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by kennysbst(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
can I raise noiler birds from July and be ready for sale at December period.
secondary can I brood noiler with broiler together.
thirdly can u deliver the cartoon to me at berger Lagos state.thanks
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
kennysbst:
can I raise noiler birds from July and be ready for sale at December period.

secondary can I brood noiler with broiler together.

thirdly can u deliver the cartoon to me at berger Lagos state.thanks

you can sell in December of you start now.you can brood both and yes, I can deliver to berger
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
order now
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
grin
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
order now..
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by iff74: 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
I have 15pc five months noilers for sale to off takers.I stay in Lagos,call me on 08027915498
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
You want to rear for Christmas? now is the perfect time to start
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by sefani(f): 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
Re: Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! by titilope0909: 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
I need some of them but not up to a carton. Can i get them and at what price each. Like 5-6 wks old.
08036928223 or 08053459153

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive / Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.