Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,334 members, 7,860,821 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

Heat Of Loneliness! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Heat Of Loneliness! (347 Views)

“abi My Bad Character Don Too Much?” – Single Lady Laments State Of Loneliness / If You Are Afraid Of Loneliness, Dont Marry... Interpret And Get 10k / Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heat Of Loneliness! by Sarahkay(f): 7:12pm On May 13, 2018
Why always lonely?

Meaning of loneliness

Loneliness is that feeling of depression, negligent and sometimes.. worthlessness. It is that form of mental illness that often takes over the life of teens everywhere. Infacf, it is an ideology.

Why always lonely?

More than few times , we’ve seen ourselves bring drawn into the claws of loneliness. But why?..why are we always lonely?..maybe we believe we are not worth experiencing happiness because of a shadow from the past…or is it that we believe that being alone automatically makes you alone…maybe it is that belief that we do not have anyone with us to bring us away from that claws of loneliness.

Before we go any further,we should understand that being alone and being lonely are two different things. You can be alone and feel loved , respected and happy..and again, we can be in the midst of the whole world and still feel dejected and neglected. Loneliness is a disease of the mind. We think it,we feel it ,then we cultivate it and make it a way of life.

Judging from the ongoing in the world today,there has been several case of suicide and reportedly,some if not most of the victims have been prisoners of loneliness.

Youths everywhere at one point in life falls into the embrace of loneliness because they believe no one cares about them enough to be with them..maybe because family or relationship problems have taken the better part of them.

We get lonely because we ignore the things around us and instead go for the things we can’t have at that moment. We get lonely because we try to live in the lie that we enjoy our own company more.

Yes,self reliance and independence is the mostly needed features in a life of a youth but without realizing..most of us have began being used to being alone that we actually are lonely..no friends,no social life..what next?.. loneliness sets in.

Youths these days get lonely because they are more engrossed in the embrace of social media..no real friends..no real life.. everything is centered on social media..why won’t you get lonely when your life is centered on a fantasy?..on a feeble attempt to escape the reality you instead run into the embrace of an imaginary world.

Jane green wrote
" i'min longer surrounded by people. It is just me, my book, and the internet. I spend hours online scrolling through social media, procrastinating instead of writing. I think I am connected to the world, but, in reality, I am more isolated than ever"

This was after she realized she’s been deeply swallowed by the make believe she created for her self. While trying to create a world of our own,we easily forget there’s a world waiting for us to get connected to. We easily forget that there’s an even greater race of humanity to run.

Funny enough , while falling into the prey of loneliness we try to convince ourselves that we are only building a world of our own.

Imagine a scenario where a youth stays locked up all day,no friend,just the internet,food and books… usually,one would say such person is living the dream..but deep down in us,we know such person is living a lie. slowly,loneliness sets In, then depression.

We often think that people don’t want us around so we stay in and try to shut the world out..why not go to them and try to open that door of friendship instead of locking it?.

Shun loneliness today

Why don’t we learn that we can build a world of our own and still be connected to the outside world?..why do we get so engrossed with the internet…most of us can spend hours on the internet without having a real talk with anyone.. slowly,we begin to drift into the fantasy world the internet is creating.

Shun loneliness today,get your active mental state back. Drop that phone , laptop and computer and go out to the real world. Say a few hi’s and hello’s to real people and get cured of that mental illness calledloneliness.

Any clue on solving that widely spread mental disease,you can drop your thoughts on the comments box and help youths everywhere become better people who can actually make real conversation with real people.

Sarah cares❤
Heat of loneliness http://sarahkayysblog..com/2018/04/heat-of-loneliness.html

(1) (Reply)

Man Moves Court In Search Of Wife, Woman Denies She Is Married / 62 Year Old Woman Allegedly Gives Birth After 42 Years Of Marriage / I Need Female Friends In University Of Ibadan For Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.