Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller (37029 Views)

Mourinho Makes History With Serie A's Longest Unbeaten Home Run in Roma win / Levante Signs Moses Simon, Unveils Him In Spain (photos) / Super Eagles Players React To Unbeaten Run In World Cup Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by PMONEY6: 4:30am On May 14, 2018
BOOMnaija:
Not a surprise at all.
If u follow the la liga well, u will know that levante has always been barca's nemesis every season

Do you know the last time levante played in laliga?

2 Likes

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Michealdonald24(m): 4:37am On May 14, 2018
Chevronstaff:
Barca coach is a big mistake. Why won't you add Messi to the squad.??

Why did he rest Messi? For what? UCL 3rd place.

A team like Levante has finally put an end to Barcelona unbeaten run. Pathetic...!!!!!
Mechie onu,yhu know nufin..they get match on Wednesday for SA against Sundowns
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by bottlecap: 5:24am On May 14, 2018
my question now is, who will go home with the match ball? because two players scored three three goals each in that same match

5 Likes

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by kerry57: 5:38am On May 14, 2018
Na only arsenal for go a whole season unbeaten. The invisible in just for the gunners and cannot be replicated by another club side for the now no matter how hard they tried. Arsenal wake up from slumber cos other clubs wants ur invisible.

5 Likes

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by SlickM(m): 5:47am On May 14, 2018
kerry57:
Na only arsenal for go a whole season unbeaten. The invisible in just for the gunners and cannot be replicated by another club side for the now no matter how hard they tried. Arsenal wake up from slumber cos other clubs wants ur invisible.

Juventus went unbeaten the whole season about 5 or 6 years ago.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by monaPhilz: 6:13am On May 14, 2018
NORSIYK:
Lavente made my day today by ending Barcelona's 36th game unbeaten, as it stands now Real Madrid remains the only Spanish club to go unbeaten
How many teams made up the La Liga then? Let's start from there.
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Tonimordred(m): 6:29am On May 14, 2018
Up levante halaa madrid.,cos cr7 is @ his peak again.,.world best loading 4 him....like 4 cr7 and share 4 messi

4 Likes

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Tonimordred(m): 6:32am On May 14, 2018
monaPhilz:
How many teams made up the La Liga then? Let's start from there.
my broda record na record
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by kolawoleibukun1: 6:38am On May 14, 2018
if you are really a true football fan you would have heard this line THE BEST FORM OF DEFENSE IS ATTACK.

If FCB had pressed Levante, the forward would have fallen back to defend.
chukzyfcbb:
everybody keeps shouting No messi No barca

but the truth is, Barcelona let in 5goals!!!

The fault wasn't from the attackers but from Defenders, how were they able to let in 5goals from such a low club.

With such a defense. no guarantees that barca would have won even with messi.

That Yerry Mina na otu.

#coutinho still kinging
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Obierika(m): 7:03am On May 14, 2018
Anything that has a beginning must have an end
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by bigbabyboy: 7:08am On May 14, 2018
SlickM:

Nope, they did not, check your facts again, they lost the last game of the season that year, their unbeaten run was in between two seasons, but they did not win the league in a season unbeaten. They won the league alrite, but they lost the last game of the season to bring their unbeaten run to 49 matches, matching Arsenal's unbeaten run of matches record, where it differs is that Arsenal did not only win the league, they were unbeaten too in that title winning season.

1 Like

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by imam07: 7:16am On May 14, 2018
Doilooklikeicare:
Mumu coach...u get a fully fit messi u no carry am go...what a mumu!
Why should'nt he rest Messi. Don't u know Messi will play along with Liverpool against Madrid. This is because all Barca fans don turn to Liverpool fans.

1 Like

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by fucktoto: 7:19am On May 14, 2018
i will really be surprised if barca do not fire that useless coach by the end of the season.
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Unluckrees(m): 7:22am On May 14, 2018
NORSIYK:
Lavente made my day today by ending Barcelona's 36th game unbeaten, as it stands now Real Madrid remains the only Spanish club to go unbeaten

Only R.Madrid and Ath.Bilbao
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Apina(m): 7:24am On May 14, 2018
NORSIYK:
Madrid was not even the first team to do so and u call dem d only team to undecided
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by fucktoto: 7:30am On May 14, 2018
kolawoleibukun1:
if you are really a true football fan you would have heard this line THE BEST FORM OF DEFENSE IS ATTACK.

If FCB had pressed Levante, the forward would have fallen back to defend.

it's still the coach's fault.

with the absence of messi he should have started dennis suarez, coz that young man dazzles with football and knows how to press forward from the midfield. he has temper issues, though, but he's still young, he'll learn with time.

secondly, pique is not the right man to pair a naive yeri minna with at the central back. if you check well, both players like to overlap a lot and they're not good at recovering their positions when they lose possession of the ball. i expected the fool to introduce umtiti after the other guy was injured but no, he brought in pique instead.

then the foolish coach did the unimaginable when he substituted dembele for paco! we know suarez is a useless striker but paco puts the "u" in "useless". how can you have two weak strikers at the same time without a "7"? whoever introduced that coach to barcelona should be spat on.
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by 8stargeneral: 7:46am On May 14, 2018
Congrats lavent,unbeatn run my foot

2 Likes

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by AustineCJ: 7:48am On May 14, 2018
NORSIYK:
Athletic bilboa have done it too and that was only when 18games are been played so I can't really call that unbeating.......I wish Real Madrid best of luck on 26 thats the only way to have a better season than barca and boost ototo Ballon d'or.....hala madrid
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by ufuosman(m): 7:51am On May 14, 2018
Unbelievable
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by ableguy(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2018
gbaskiboy:
FTC, thank Jah i made it again. This is a sign of good things to come
Your signature though
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by kenex4ever(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2018
morikee:
Them Play like chickens without Messi Barca is as useless as B***ri grin
the coach na ode, him know say levante dey form and messi no dey him come still bench umtiti and Gerard pique. Pique enter after vamalin injury.

May be them not value unbeaten run in Spain
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by chiboy1116: 8:11am On May 14, 2018
fucktoto:

it's still the coach's fault.

with the absence of messi he should have started dennis suarez, coz that young man dazzles with football and knows how to press forward from the midfield. he has temper issues, though, but he's still young, he'll learn with time.

secondly, pique is not the right man to pair a naive yeri minna with at the central back. if you check well, both players like to overlap a lot and they're not good at recovering their positions when they lose possession of the ball. i expected the fool to introduce umtiti after the other guy was injured but no, he brought in pique instead.

then the foolish coach did the unimaginable when he substituted dembele for paco! we know suarez is a useless striker but paco puts the "u" in "useless". how can you have two weak strikers at the same time without a "7"? whoever introduced that coach to barcelona should be spat on.
dude pique reduced d deficit ..at least he was enthusiastic ....umtiti was out injured ...vermaleen started d game but was brought off....d main p starts fromd board.... There's no direction ,no plan ,y was Mina bought in d first place, cos he's cheap ? It was well known b4 he came DAT valgreen would not trust him but d board still went ahead and bought him for 12m so he could b sold for a bigger amount Dan DAT ...FCB has lost its way nd its so clear buying a cb from SA without European. Experience when you have LA masia def DAT has played many games in segunda b , dis board also employed valgreen .we havnt been playing like barca ,messi has been saving his ass for so last long ,I havnt seen a barca team that depends so much on messi ,dis team doesn't deserve to go unbeaten ,itvwould HV been so disrespectful to d unplayable Madrid team of the 60's nd pep's Barca's team . barca gas been mediocre with small glimpses of magic from the GOAT .There's no clear plan in that team since laporta stepped down .there should always be a plan ,they havnt played like barca in a long time .They don't deserve to go unbeaten .I just hope Madrid doesn't get their shit together next season if it happens ...SMH for barca ,the post messi era would b so disastrous .buying griezman is okay ...but he's not our main problem , barca only 2good cm Busi nd rakitic ,iniesta is leaves ng Denis isn't one ,cousin is a wide forward / amf ,homes nd paulinho aren't players u should rely on , its time to go for WC CMs get thiago,jorginho ,Arthur,de jong ,keep samper ,promote alena ,play oriol consistently , sell paulinho,gomes, Vidal ,play Roberto as a midfielder buy periara of Porto he's a hybrid lb/rb , but with dis board ?I LOL. COUTINHO CAN'T FILL INIESTAs position ...he's not a CM . the board needs to b gotten rid of.ASAP
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by kerry57: 8:29am On May 14, 2018
SlickM:

Fake news review the season bro.
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by LadyHeaven(f): 8:31am On May 14, 2018
hehehe, Invincibles wannabes grin tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Reussite: 8:33am On May 14, 2018
Georgry:
levante just did what the whole team in Spain as not been able to do all season..
kudos to them.
Oscar goes to Levante for stopping Barcelona in achieving that feat & for shutting the mouths of the Barca fans who were to ready to spite the super Madrid fans of a golden trophyin the bag & the noise history to be made. Barca would have to wait for Madrid to break that record first before they even dream of setting any.

1 Like

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Reussite: 8:37am On May 14, 2018
morikee:
Them Play like chickens without Messi Barca is as useless as B***ri grin
But my humble question is why was Valverde resting Messi on a game like this?(I guess they already achieved the unbeaten run in their mind after the draw with Madrid)...or was he resting Messi for UCL 3rd place play off? grin serves the team right. Unbeaten run my foot. Golden trophy my ass.
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by fucktoto: 8:47am On May 14, 2018
chiboy1116:
dude pique reduced d deficit ..at least he was enthusiastic ....umtiti was out injured ...vermaleen started d game but was brought off....d main p starts fromd board.... There's no direction ,no plan ,y was Mina bought in d first place, cos he's cheap ? It was well known b4 he came DAT valgreen would not trust him but d board still went ahead and bought him for 12m so he could b sold for a bigger amount Dan DAT ...FCB has lost its way nd its so clear buying a cb from SA without European. Experience when you have LA masia def DAT has played many games in segunda b , dis board also employed valgreen .we havnt been playing like barca ,messi has been saving his ass for so last long ,I havnt seen a barca team that depends so much on messi ,dis team doesn't deserve to go unbeaten ,itvwould HV been so disrespectful to d unplayable Madrid team of the 60's nd pep's Barca's team . barca gas been mediocre with small glimpses of magic from the GOAT .There's no clear plan in that team since laporta stepped down .there should always be a plan ,they havnt played like barca in a long time .They don't deserve to go unbeaten .I just hope Madrid doesn't get their shit together next season if it happens ...SMH for barca ,the post messi era would b so disastrous .buying griezman is okay ...but he's not our main problem , barca only 2good cm Busi nd rakitic ,iniesta is leaves ng Denis isn't one ,cousin is a wide forward / amf ,homes nd paulinho aren't players u should rely on , its time to go for WC CMs get thiago,jorginho ,Arthur,de jong ,keep samper ,promote alena ,play oriol consistently , sell paulinho,gomes, Vidal ,play Roberto as a midfielder buy periara of Porto he's a hybrid lb/rb , but with dis board ?I LOL. COUTINHO CAN'T FILL INIESTAs position ...he's not a CM . the board needs to b gotten rid of.ASAP

before you start pointing accusing fingers at the board, start first with the coach.

are you telling me madrid's current players are better than barca's? count out marcelo and ronaldo, the rest are just average. but zidane still managed them well till UCL finals. truth is, our coach is too daft to manage a big team like barca. let's not even blame the defense anymore as it has always been our bane. what about the attack? you have smart, young players like sergio, dembele, coutinho and dennis suarez and still don't know how to blend them and form a ferocious attack line. instead, he'd rather use gomez and paco. i'd really be shocked if he's not fired before next season.
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by egojeny1(f): 8:58am On May 14, 2018
imam07:
Why should'nt he rest Messi. Don't u know Messi will play along with Liverpool against Madrid. This is because all Barca fans don turn to Liverpool fans.

Hahahaha!! Chai u don finish barca here oo! I'm a barca fan but after reading dis i no fit hold my laughter. U get bad mouth i swear.

1 Like

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by rawe45: 9:12am On May 14, 2018
EzeDiEgo1:
Why

This are those things that happening when you doesn't believe on God

I feel their pain right now

You say??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by femynho(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2018
bigbabyboy:

Nope, they did not, check your facts again, they lost the last game of the season that year, their unbeaten run was in between two seasons, but they did not win the league in a season unbeaten. They won the league alrite, but they lost the last game of the season to bring their unbeaten run to 49 matches, matching Arsenal's unbeaten run of matches record, where it differs is that Arsenal did not only win the league, they were unbeaten too in that title winning season.

NO NO NO.
This link below will enlighten you:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invincibles_(football)
Re: Levante Ends Barça Unbeaten Run In A Nine Goals Thriller by Jaytecq(m): 10:18am On May 14, 2018
NORSIYK:
which year brother?

Madrid Longest unbeaten run (League): 28 matches (from day 27 2015–16 season, to day 16 2016–17 season).

Barca 36

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EPL: Pele Reacts As Ronaldo Officially Returns To Man Utd / Rothen To Messi: Your Transfer Was Bad Idea, You’re A Burden On PSG / Brazil Women's Cristane Becomes Oldest To Score Hat-trick, Ronaldo 2nd (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.