Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,397 members, 7,954,575 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. (40219 Views)

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / My Husband doesn’t give me sexual satisfaction because he uses condom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by steve13(m): 12:48am On May 17, 2018
cdoffx:

Now you see exactly why i am not comfortable with your stereotype earlier. Do you know how so bad you will if a foreigner that has never met you before but based on a similar stereotype castigates you and tell you to your face how you are a scam because simply because Nigerians are scam. He wouldnt even wanna listen to you or do any research as far as he is concerned you are a Nigerian hence you are scam. I am sure you will feel very bad not being given the opportunity that you are one different Nigerian.
Personally i have learnt to identify people as an individual instead of as a member of a group, race or religion. I must admit i do have my skepticism but deal with that more as a caution than a conclusive opinion about an individual.
When i took over the mantle of leadership as a cadet in chief of the FRSC CDS group, my predecessor in the course of handing was literarily explaining to me how i can be tampering with the group's fund at will without any interferance from my financial secretary and even treasurer. I listened to him keenly to make him feel important and that he is passing down a priceless orientation to me. To the glory of God i didnt tamper with #1 because i have set a standard of upholding integrity wherever i find myself. As a result i will be very unhappy when someone summarily conclude that because i am a Nigerian i am automatically a scam. That was why i was saying then that you would have framed your statement about the OP husband as a probability rather than an emphatic conclusion that he is a scam because he is a Nigerian and all Nigerian like to scam foreigner. Thank you.

Thank you so very much , thank you
Keep doing the right thing always , it pays at the long run,

When I rejected settling down with a British lady 2012 I wasn't having alot of money , she was working and earning big yet we spent the little I had ,
I never wanted anything that will choke me,

I made the best decision and came back to Lagos,

Today my company employs over 30 graduates, We ship products world wide, built great brand / reputation and handle dealings with foreign suppliers with all honesty, in FACT they always pay my hotel bills every time I come around since 2013

They have very terrible people worldwide , they all does not reside in or originate from Nigeria , can you compare a Nigerian to Indian or Chinese?
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by cdoffx(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2018
steve13:

Thank you so very much , thank you
Keep doing the right thing always , it pays at the long run,

When I rejected settling down with a British lady 2012 I wasn't having alot of money , she was working and earning big yet we spent the little I had ,
I never wanted anything that will choke me,

I made the best decision and came back to Lagos,

Today my company employs over 30 graduates, We ship products world wide, built great brand / reputation and handle dealings with foreign suppliers with all honesty, in FACT they always pay my hotel bills every time I come around since 2013

They have very terrible people worldwide , they all does not reside in or originate from Nigeria , can you compare a Nigerian to Indian or Chinese?
I have never had any direct dealing with either a Chinese or Indian so i can't say anything substantially factual about them. But i like the look of Chinese people.
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by itzjwizzy(m): 12:19am On May 18, 2018
Martin0:

But one thing Is very important, if you have successfully changed your surname, then you should notify and make sure your birth certificate, and majority every important documents carries your new found or changed and official names ...

I have an uncle who bears his wife name and his been living fine for over going to 48Year's now, so incase you wanna ask a question related to this..
Wahala de o.. What should ever make a man change his surname? Let alone to his wife's? Abeg who is the head of the family o. This one weak me no be small o
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by itzjwizzy(m): 12:24am On May 18, 2018
Martin0:

people can change their names for various reasons ,most especially The biggest reason people decide to change their name is for marital reasons, either when a woman marries and decides to take her husband’s name (or vice versa). In addition, when a couple gets divorced people could decide to change their name in order to revert to the name before marriage.

I can decide to bear my wives or wife names if their heads are mentally stable.
Oga, Abeg no de yarn rubbish. Wetin be vice versa for this matter? A woman is rightly to change to her husband's surname not the other way round. No confuse people Abeg. The only reason to say a man changes his surname could be ascending to the name of a departed great in his family, I. E his late father, and na him pikins go hold that name. Second reason is simply the man could have committed something wrong and using the name change to evade the consequences.
No come here de rap like rubbish.
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by itzjwizzy(m): 12:26am On May 18, 2018
Martin0:

you can Firstly, in order to change your name, you must be an adult. A child cannot legally change their name, unless the parent or guardian of the child does it. The legal age for an adult in Nigeria is 18 years old.

Apart from the fact that you must be a legal adult in order to change your name, there are other instances you cannot change your name in order to escape a debt, a financial liability or to escape some sort of criminal liability.
Conversely, you cannot change your name in order to commit a crime or with the intention to mislead, such a change of name will be invalid.
Finally, there are certain classes of names that you would not be allowed to use, for example names that would intimidate, offend or be considered obscene or tribalist/racist.

This is basically for Nigeria oo
Oya start to preach why a man should change his name if not for him having done something grevious. Abi you go say such pikin na him papa get am?
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by itzjwizzy(m): 12:28am On May 18, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

grin grin you're calling on the elders! Its not even only the name. He's been lying to her abt his website too. He probably has lied abt so many other things she's yet to find out. How funny it is to marry and find out after years that yoou don't even know who you married
God bless you jare. Straight and simple he's got a hidden agenda. No be like Martin wey de talk lies just like the man in question
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by itzjwizzy(m): 12:36am On May 18, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

I have no idea as well..it's kinda weird that he has a different surname.. If that's the case, anyone of them in Ng can juz choose a surname they want? And my question is --- when are they allowed to change it? undecided

Have u seen his birth certificate or school diplomas? embarassed

Anyway, this is too complicated for me..lemme ask my TRUE-BLUE Ng friends to confirm.. cool

Cc
RadicallyBlunt
Martin0
Dafeyankee
Itzjwizzy
Let me use my ethnic as a reference... So, after my dad's funeral, you know I've been from the linage of high chiefs. My dad was the overall head of the clan before he died. While Gisting one day with my mom, we talked about surname generation. She told me If I get married and I give birth, my kids will be bearing my late father's name as their surname, not my grandpa's name again. It seems it's due to how elated he was or so.
Under normal circumstances, except d man is dubious or has hidden agenda, There's clearly no reason he gets a change of surname, if he no be bastard, let alone bear several surnames. Only the woman he marries can do so, due to matrimonial bond and it's customary in Nigeria.
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by olafae: 11:13am On Jul 12, 2018
Nice your website and nice different reply.
https://topacademictutors.com/math-homework-help/
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by oliverwest: 10:04am On Aug 05, 2018
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by Ritawillson: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2019
You were asked to write a dissolution, but you came across it first. At the very beginning, you need to write a thesis for your desorption. But for many this causes a lot of problems and difficulties. In order to facilitate your training, there is a service that will help you in writing a desorption. Our professional writers will help you in paid thesis writing in the shortest possible time.
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by OyinO: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
In most African cultures, children bear their Grand or Great Grand Father's name instead of the immediate father's name. This is to preserve the memory of the Ancestors. Even American George W. Bush is the same. Bush was the grand father.
The way you're suspecting him over this simple observation, you're not to be trusted too.
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by olafae: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2020
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by naija4life247: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
Thanks but when I'm about to pay £2.5k for his leave to remain and hes been busy setting up his secret company in Nigeria, I think I may be permitted to think that when he's a permanent resident next month, he has plans to be changing things?

How much is £2.5K? You are so poor that such a chicken change us such a big money to you.
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by naija4life247: 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
Thanks but when I'm about to pay £2.5k for his leave to remain and hes been busy setting up his secret company in Nigeria, I think I may be permitted to think that when he's a permanent resident next month, he has plans to be changing things?

How much is £2.5K? You are so poor that such a chicken change us such a big money to you. Poor Oyinbo, that's what we pay for a bottle of Wine at night clubs here.

It's not your fault poor girl, it's our irresponsible government that us making our people run all over the world for greener pastures
Re: My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. by Jesslove(f): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2020
Very possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Builds Replica Of Taj Mahal For Wife As Home In India(photos) / Man Dies One Week After His Wedding Introduction (Photos) / American Husband Shares Photo Of How He Baby Seats His Kid In His Wife's Absence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.