Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

I Need Help With Xampp Server - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help With Xampp Server (1124 Views)

How To Install Ssl On Lampp Or Xampp (beginners Friendly) / My PHP Code Run Locally On XAMPP But Showing Syntax Error Online / Xampp Server User Please Come In And Assist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With Xampp Server by J0sh007: 1:19am On May 14, 2018
Please i need help with xampp server. someone sent me an sql file with the data base and all the works for a web app. but i've never even used xampp server before i dont know the first thing to do so as to make the web page display as it is supposed to. Someone hould please help me out. Thanks in addy
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by ujah60: 1:25am On May 14, 2018
Which part are you stuck. I'm a pro. Lemme put you through
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by J0sh007: 1:39am On May 14, 2018
Installed the xampp. started the apache and mysql. have something like what is in the pic below. where do i start? ujah60

Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by ujah60: 1:53am On May 14, 2018
Open C:\xampp\htdocs and create a folder in the directory i.e your project name. Copy all your files there.
Then open localhost/phpmyadmin and create a database and import your .SQL, I think recruit.sql in this case.
The type localhost/the_folder_name_you_created and check for yourself.
If you are stuck at any point, just holla @ me.
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by J0sh007: 2:10am On May 14, 2018
ujah60:
Open C:\xampp\htdocs and create a folder in the directory i.e your project name. Copy all your files there.
Then open localhost/phpmyadmin and create a database and import your .SQL, I think recruit.sql in this case.
The type localhost/the_folder_name_you_created and check for yourself.
If you are stuck at any point, just holla @ me.

i'm getting this error msgs

Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by efelico: 2:39am On May 14, 2018
what's your email so i can send you a step to step guide to set up your database and get things working

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by ujah60: 2:40am On May 14, 2018
Edit that db_connection.php file in your directory. Change the host to 127.0.0.1 or localhost, change the database name to the database you created, and leave the password blank i.e ''.
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by J0sh007: 8:37am On May 14, 2018
ujah60 i dont know if we can correspond through whatsapp. i kinda need the solution to this problem faster. my whatsapp no is

Thanks in addy. pls acknowledge when u see the no let me take it down
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by SetrakusRa(m): 10:19am On May 14, 2018
Follow ujah60's steps.. Or better still, upload the db_connection.php here so I'll edit it for you
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by J0sh007: 10:51am On May 14, 2018
SetrakusRa:
Follow ujah60's steps.. Or better still, upload the db_connection.php here so I'll edit it for you

will i edit it with notepad? this is the contents

Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by SetrakusRa(m): 12:21pm On May 14, 2018
J0sh007:

will i edit it with notepad? this is the contents

I hope the database you created, it's name was 'recruit' ??
And you must have imported the recruit.sql file??

If not, Start Apache and MySQL from Xampp control panel,
Go-to localhost/phpmyadmin on your browser and click "New"
Enter database name as: recruit and click Go
At the next page, locate Import at the top bar, find the Choose file button, click on it, then locate and double click the recruit.sql file, click on Go and wait for the queries to process successfully..

You can now open the page..
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by J0sh007: 2:11pm On May 14, 2018
Thanks guys its finally taking shape. but how do i view already saved logins for users on the site and also get the admin login details from the database file
Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by J0sh007: 7:17am On May 23, 2018
Has anyone come across this error message before? what does it mean?

Re: I Need Help With Xampp Server by CodeTemplar: 9:41am On May 23, 2018
Go through the DB tables to get login details.

(1) (Reply)

Best Android Apps To Learn Computer Programming On The Go / Never Give Up, Keep Coding / Java Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.