Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

How To Install Ssl On Lampp Or Xampp (beginners Friendly) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Install Ssl On Lampp Or Xampp (beginners Friendly) (442 Views)

My PHP Code Run Locally On XAMPP But Showing Syntax Error Online / I Need Help With Xampp Server / Xampp Server User Please Come In And Assist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Install Ssl On Lampp Or Xampp (beginners Friendly) by silento(m): 3:10am On May 22, 2023
The web has evolved over the years , web development is becoming hard every day
be a hard core linux user (ubuntu) user for years - few days i changed my laptop and boom i had to install some packages and get my new baby back to the game ,

been that my computer hasn't crashed for upto 4 years i have forgotten some of the basic tools and there name
so i found myself for 30 minutes to hours trying to install enable ssl on my localhost it was funny but this could happen to anybody so i say make i drop this tutorial in case any day again i will just enter here and follow my own guide

STEP 1 .
Make sure you have installed xampp or lammp
download a tool called "mkcert" i think it also available windows
FOR UNBUNTU (DEBIAN) user - open terminal with "Ctrl+Alt+T"
enter this command :

sudo apt intsall mkcert

STEP 2 .
after download confirm that package was installed successfully
run this command to generate CAROOT

mkcert -install

it will generate a caroot and install it for your firefox and chrome automatically
the file will be located at "/home/{your computer name }/.local/share/mkcert"
with the files there u can also import it into other devices u plan to test your website and web app with

STEP 3 .

create or navigate to any existing folder and open terminal there and type below command based on device connected to your laptop and
localhost , for me i wanted the ssl to work for my localhost url , and also for my android device i use to do testing

mkcert localhost 127.0.01 192.168.1.Bleep 

it generate two files xxxxxx.pem and xxxxxx-key.pem

STEP 4 .
to use it in lampp or xampp
locate and edit this file /opt/lampp/etc/extra/httpd-ssl.conf

find this lines in the file and edit
1. SSLCertificateFile "xxxxxx.pem"
2. SSLCertificateKeyFile "xxxxxx-key.pem"

xxxxxx.pem is path to ur cert generated at step 3 in my case i put it in a folder /home/ssl/127.0.0.1+2.pem
dont copy this na just to give u example

once u are done doing that save and restart restart ur xampp/lampp

and visit https://localhost

below is my localhost with ssl

Re: How To Install Ssl On Lampp Or Xampp (beginners Friendly) by Blaze9: 10:43am On May 23, 2023
Nice work 👍👍
Re: How To Install Ssl On Lampp Or Xampp (beginners Friendly) by silento(m): 4:37am On May 29, 2023
Blaze9:
Nice work 👍👍

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Best Programing Academies In Nsukka Enugu State / Looking To Create A Website Like This / Why Bug Bounty Hunting Program Is Urgently Needed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.