Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 (1076 Views)

Is There Any Explanation For This (picture Attached) / God Is Well-suited For A Rational Explanation For Creation / The Explanation For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by somehow: 7:21pm On May 14, 2018
Before mark 8, we had mark 8 vs 1-8 which spoke about Jesus feeding 4000 people with 7 loaves of bread and few fishes, then the disciples having to leave the venue with 7 full baskets containing spill overs from the miracle.

But when you get to mark 8 vs 14 upward, it said the disciple had just 1 loaf of bread with them and forgot to bread bread along while on the boat to Dalmanutha. Does it mean that they forgot the 12 baskets or that they already finished eating the 12 baskets among themselves?

Please someone should break this done for me.

Thanks
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by GoodMuyis(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2018
Yes your 1st instinct is correct,

14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by somehow: 12:49pm On May 18, 2018
GoodMuyis:
Yes your 1st instinct is correct,

14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf.

And what happened to the 7 baskets of breads remaining from the earlier miracle?
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by GoodMuyis(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2018
somehow:

And what happened to the 7 baskets of breads remaining from the earlier miracle?

Record passed-over it, or let me say it wasn't recorded.
This may be historian duty to figured out.

By the way, what they did with the remaining food basket is not important in the Detailing of Christ Life and Gospel

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by somehow: 3:03pm On May 18, 2018
By passes it then went ahead to talk about being on the ship with just one loaf? why should such an incident be by-passed?

And yes, it's important to me to understand every details of the bible, i just need to know what happened to these 7 baskets and why they had to ignore such abundance to go on a trip with just one loaf.

Maybe judas smuggled them to sell at the blackmarket? maybe the 7 baskets weren't worth consuming?

GoodMuyis:

Record passed-over it, or let me say it wasn't recorded.
This may be historian duty to figured out.

By the way, what they did with the remaining food basket is not important in the Detailing of Christ Life and Gospel
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by GoodMuyis(m): 4:48pm On May 18, 2018
somehow:
By passes it then went ahead to talk about being on the ship with just one loaf? why should such an incident be by-passed?

And yes, it's important to me to understand every details of the bible, i just need to know what happened to these 7 baskets and why they had to ignore such abundance to go on a trip with just one loaf.

Maybe judas smuggled them to sell at the blackmarket? maybe the 7 baskets weren't worth consuming?

You are not trying to learn, The Bible did not give account on the subject matter, then who should tell what happen?
And then you missed this in my comment This may be historian duty to figured out.

Please tell me; How does 7 Basket of food save you from your sins, if its that important

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by HappyPagan: 4:53pm On May 18, 2018
They probably ate all of it on the boat. Jesus, especially, liked bread a lot, why do you think the devil tempted him to turn stone to bread in the wilderness? He even called himself the Bread of Life.. No flour rose like him.

It's the reason Christians use bread for Holy Communion. Even Hell Fire will bake my soul like bread....

4 Likes

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by GoodMuyis(m): 5:03pm On May 18, 2018
HappyPagan:
They probably ate all of it on the boat. Jesus, especially, liked bread a lot, why do you think the devil tempted him to turn stone to bread in the wilderness? He even called himself the Bread of Life.. No flour rose like him.

It's the reason Christians use bread for Holy Communion. Even Hell Fire will bake my soul like bread....

No sir
Grain meal is popular in that part of the world. So to produced a preserved meal/food that can last days, they bake bread from either Wheat or barley flour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by HappyPagan: 5:24pm On May 18, 2018
GoodMuyis:

No sir
Grain meal is popular in that part of the world. So to produced a preserved meal/food that can last days, they bake bread from either Wheat or barley flour.

Okay, thanks for the education.. So Jesus liked bread baked with barely flour?
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by somehow: 5:37pm On May 18, 2018
GoodMuyis:

You are not trying to learn, The Bible did not give account on the subject matter, then who should tell what happen?
And then you missed this in my comment This may be historian duty to figured out.

Please tell me; How does 7 Basket of food save you from your sins, if its that important

I can see that you are trying to shut me down from seeking answers to my question but it's a failed attempt already.

Since you're not an historian, why not ignore the thread and let those who are curious like myself or those who might have handled issues like this respond?

That it will saves me from sins or not is not your problem, let me ask what i find interesting to me while you go about posting things that will "save" people from sins.
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by somehow: 5:43pm On May 18, 2018
Read Mark 8 vs 4 to 12 (Where the miracle happened), then they left on the boat immediately (mark 8 vs 13), except you're saying the ate the 7 baskets before entering the boat. (verse 14 talked about them forgetting to take more than 1 loaf of bread with them)

My mind is saying maybe they left the 7 baskets for the people to share/take home or the 7 baskets wasn't worth eating because it wouldn't make sense to forget a whole 7 baskets that came into existence from a unique miracle. it was a great miracle for anyone to forget about.

HappyPagan:

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by HappyPagan: 5:47pm On May 18, 2018
somehow:
Read Mark 8 vs 4 to 8 (Where the miracle happened), then they left on the boat immediately (mark 8 vs 13), except you're saying the ate the 7 baskets before entering the boat. (verse 14 talked about them forgetting to take more than 1 loaf of bread with them)

My mind is saying maybe they left the 7 baskets for the bible to share/take home or the 7 baskets wasn't worth eating because it wouldn't make sense to forget a whole 7 baskets that came into existence from a unique miracle. it was a great miracle for anyone to forget about.

Or maybe Mark wasn't sure of what he wrote.. Or he lied. Like the other writers. Simple alternative, but you trust Mark and the Bible too much to even consider that possibility.
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by sKeetz(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2018
HappyPagan:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. cheesy grin
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by CAPSLOCKED: 8:08pm On May 18, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Record passed-over it, or let me say it wasn't recorded. This may be historian duty to figured out.
YEP..
THE ALMIGHTY GOD FORGOT TO MENTION THAT PART TO THE AUTHORS OF THE BOOK..
SO NOW IT'S LEFT FOR THE MORTAL HISTORIAN TO FIX (GOD'S MISTAKE).
IMPRESSIVE.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by GoodMuyis(m): 12:22pm On May 19, 2018
somehow:

I can see that you are trying to shut me down from seeking answers to my question but it's a failed attempt already.

Since you're not an historian, why not ignore the thread and let those who are curious like myself or those who might have handled issues like this respond?

That it will saves me from sins or not is not your problem, let me ask what i find interesting to me while you go about posting things that will "save" people from sins.

Please am sorry if you think am trying to shut the thread down.
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by GoodMuyis(m): 12:26pm On May 19, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YEP..

THE ALMIGHTY GOD FORGOT TO MENTION THAT PART TO THE AUTHORS OF THE BOOK..

SO NOW IT'S LEFT FOR THE MORTAL HISTORIAN TO FIX (GOD'S MISTAKE).

IMPRESSIVE.

John21v25 = And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Accept my humble and victorious response.

I WIN...YOU LOOSE...
YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR ME
DON'T BE SAD
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by HappyPagan: 5:46pm On May 20, 2018
sKeetz:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. cheesy grin
Only butter and bread, bro. only butter and bread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by HappyPagan: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
bump.
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by Greenishland(f): 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
Do you think that because the book of Mark has 16 chapters that it means everything happened within sixteen days or hours? Now why do you think that these events you are arguing about happened within the same day or within two days or even within the same week?

All the years of Jesus ministry was three years and somebody was able to summarize what he saw in sixteen chapters and you are here asking why the bread did not remain.

You should have investigated if the disciples or Jesus, ever ate throughout the three years because there is no evidence that they did but that doesn't mean that they were not eating regularly.

Lastly if you are someone's secretary, is it not only the relevant things that you document? Do you document irrelevancies?
Re: I Need An Explanation For Mark 8 by somehow: 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2018
Greenishland:
Do you think that because the book of Mark has 16 chapters that it means everything happened within sixteen days or hours? Now why do you think that these events you are arguing about happened within the same day or within two days or even within the same week?

All the years of Jesus ministry was three years and somebody was able to summarize what he saw in sixteen chapters and you are here asking why the bread did not remain.

You should have investigated if the disciples or Jesus, ever ate throughout the three years because there is no evidence that they did but that doesn't mean that they were not eating regularly.

Lastly if you are someone's secretary, is it not only the relevant things that you document? Do you document irrelevancies?

Read my bible oga and stop this long sermon..
Part of the verse said "immediately they left in a boat".. Are you saying it took them 4 months to leave where they performed the miracle to another location by boat or what are you trying to paint here?

They could record that there were 12 baskets remaining but couldn't record what happened to the rainments yet went straight to not having anything on the same boat they left the venue on except a loaf?

Remember you are not the only one with a brain.

(1) (Reply)

7 Strange Religions You Don’t Know About / Masonic Ritual At Redemption Camp??? See Pictures!!! / Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.