Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,664 members, 7,959,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Questions To All Christians. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions To All Christians. (1142 Views)

The Biggest Deception Of All Time??? All Christians Should Be Awake / A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 4:13am On Feb 23, 2019
Why did a all-knowing God request for a sign to differentiate the Israelites and the Egyptians?

Exodus Chp 12: 12, 13 & 23.

12. On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

23. When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.

Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 4:18am On Feb 23, 2019
Victorian TATIME greatnaija01
Nimistix amaniro MuttleyLaff NwanyiAwkaetiti
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 4:42am On Feb 23, 2019
50 views no comment. This shows that even Christians are confused about their God.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 4:44am On Feb 23, 2019
According to research, the all-knowing God couldn't know the doorposts of the Israelites hence needed a blood mark on the doorposts..
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Makito015(m): 4:52am On Feb 23, 2019
That was an instruction from God and any instruction God gives ought to be adhered to

1 Like

Re: Questions To All Christians. by MuttleyLaff: 5:15am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Why did a all-knowing God request for a sign to differentiate the Israelites and the Egyptians?

12. On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.
13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.
23. When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.

GreatResearcher:
50 views no comment. This shows that even Christians are confused about their God.

GreatResearcher:
According to research, the all-knowing God couldn't know the doorposts of the Israelites hence needed a blood mark on the doorposts..
GreatResearcher, Mr Bond, you should by now and from your numeous "researches" have known that death does not discriminate, that when the grim reaper angel of death visits, when it comes, it does not ask who you are, doesnt want to know if you are an Israelite or an Egyptian, and if you want to remain alive then you'll be doing yourself a favour by paying attention to and take notice of the warning, to put blood on your doorframe, so to have death pass over your house and not make a visit, just as Makito015 put it, about instruction(s) from God and any instruction(s) God gives ought to be adhered to

1 Like

Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 5:30am On Feb 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

GreatResearcher, Mr Bond, you should by now and from your numeous "researches" have known that death does not discriminate, that when the grim reaper angel of death visits, when it comes, it does not ask who you are, doesnt want to know if you are an Israelite or an Egyptian, and if you want to remain alive then you'll be doing yourself a favour by paying attention to and take notice of the warning, to put blood on your doorframe, so to have death pass over your house and not make a visit, just as Makito015 put it, about instruction(s) from God and any instruction(s) God gives ought to be adhered to
That means u don't even read ur bible. Bcus if u do, u will see that in verse 13 ur god says when he 'god' passes by and the end says when he 'god' strikes.

He never said when death strikes. Or should we say ur god is death?

And again, since death doesnt discriminates, but at least should since it was sent by a god. A all-knowing god who knows the doorways of everybody should've sent death straight to the doorways of Egyptians without needing a sign..
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 5:37am On Feb 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

watchout for the bolded in the verses below and tell me if it was god himself who does the killing or he sent something else.

12. On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the
LORD.

13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive
plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

23. When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the
blood
on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will
not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 5:43am On Feb 23, 2019
Makito015:
That was an instruction from God and any instruction God gives ought to be adhered to
Yes it was an instruction given to man by God to mark the doorways of the Israelites bcus he 'god' can't differentiate between the doorways of the Israelites and the Egyptians hence needed a mark to differntiate therefore gave the instruction.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 5:51am On Feb 23, 2019
Maybe ur bible would have made sense if it was written this way

12. On that same night I 'god' will send death to pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

13. Since death I will send cannot differentiate or discriminate, put up a blood and the blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when death see the
blood, it will pass over you.
No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

23. When the death sent by god goes through the land to
strike down the Egyptians, it will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway
, and he will
Re: Questions To All Christians. by victorian(f): 6:41am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:

12. On that same night I 'god' will send death to pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

13. Since death I will send cannot differentiate or discriminate, put up a blood and the blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when death see the

strike down the Egyptians, it will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway
, and he will

What are you trying to prove ?

What's the essence of this topic?
Re: Questions To All Christians. by MuttleyLaff: 8:06am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
watchout for the bolded in the verses below and tell me if it was god himself who does the killing or he sent something else.
If you had watched out for the last part of Exodus 12:23 that you left unemboldened, you would have noticed it is the destroyer and not God Himself, who did the killing

GreatResearcher:

, and he will
It could have been written that way, but it would have been unnecessary, as every one except you, is aware death does not discriminate, that when the destroyer or grim reaper angel of death visits, as in when it turns up, it does not ask who you are, doesnt want to know if you are an Israelite or an Egyptian, and so, in this case for anyone who wants to be safe and wants to remain alive, then it was wise to pay attention to and take notice of the warning, to put blood on the door frame, so to have death sentence pass over their house and not execute judgement there because the destroyer will not allowed to come in to the houses to strike.

victorian:
GreatResearcher, Mr Bond, is giving in and yielding to being a tool and right now, has increasingly become a tool that doesn't even know its being used. He hasnt got better things to do with his time other than all this, so idle hands becomes the devil's tools and workshop

1 Like

Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
If you had watched out for the last part of Exodus 12:23 that you left unemboldened, you would have noticed it is the destroyer and not God Himself, who did the killing
what about verses 12 and 13? Still a destroyer? Ok let's say it's a destroyer that kills. Why did an all-knowing god needs a sign in order to send his destroyer?

It could have been written that way, but it would have been unnecessary, as every one except you, is aware death does not discriminate, that when the destroyer or grim reaper angel of death visits, as in when it turns up, it does not ask who you are, doesnt want to know if you are an Israelite or an Egyptian, and so, in this case for anyone who wants to be safe and wants to remain alive, then it was wise to pay attention to and take notice of the warning, to put blood on the door frame, so to have death sentence pass over their house and not execute judgement there because the destroyer will not allowed to come in to the houses to strike.
[/qutoe]so in essence, there's sometin death is afraid of and that is blood.. Smh.

[quote]GreatResearcher, Mr Bond, is giving in and yielding to being a tool and right now, has increasingly become a tool that doesn't even know its being used. He hasnt got better things to do with his time other than all this, so idle hands becomes the devil's tools and workshop
I am bein used by ResearchersWorldWide and am cashing out for it.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 8:55am On Feb 23, 2019
victorian:

Goodmorning. I am not trying to prove anytin. We are carryin out a research on 'why an all-knowing being needed a mark to differentiate people'.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by MuttleyLaff: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
what about verses 12 and 13? Still a destroyer? Ok let's say it's a destroyer that kills. Why did an all-knowing god needs a sign in order to send his destroyer?
How many times do you want it be told you, that it isnt about a sign, but it is about obedience, the will to survive and an appetite for life or to stay alive

Hypothetically speaking, if you were among them at that time, I am quite sure about the unrisky and right choice you'll make

GreatResearcher:
I am bein used by ResearchersWorldWide and am cashing out for it.
You are like a drug baron taking delight in trading in cocaine and other substance drugs killing thousands if not millions and being happy you are used in making money out of the misery and all

1 Like

Re: Questions To All Christians. by victorian(f): 9:02am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Goodmorning. I am not trying to prove anytin. We are carryin out a research on 'why an all-knowing being needed a mark to differentiate people'.

Morning .

Well count me out of your research . When it comes to God? Its better to be patient and ask God yourself if you see him at the after life .
So my dear , I have no comment on that issue. Ask God all your burning questions , after you've left this earth . I'm not the creator of God , the all knowing being .

Have a lovely day.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by victorian(f): 9:03am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Good for you!

Then leave me out of it .
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
It's obvious you are not interested in FACTS and you're not the first atheist throwing questions into the air,yet when they find touching answers they'll just vanish!
Well God is not the one that will kill all the FIRST BORN in the land of Egypt but an executioner {an ANGEL}!
So for the people to show their obedience and loyalty to the God of Israel,each family head must protect his house by painting their doorposts with the BLOOD OF THE LAMB. So that the angel won't even enter such a house needless searching for their firstborn! wink wink wink
I remembered my grandma in the early 90s before her death,she always say "if you go contrary to so and so rule,Buhari will catch you" so i keep telling her that Buhari has been removed from power but she's addicted to the name because she heard it when Buhari ousted the last civilian government. smiley smiley
But what i want to borrow from her words is that "Buhari will catch you" of course it's not Buhari that will catch anyone PERSONALLY,rather it's the law enforcement agencies under the commands of Buhari that will do so!
So my friend,Jehovah doesn't want any other name to be glorified throughout that ancient world{Exodus 14:4} by all those signs not even the name or personality of an angel that is coming to do the execution, but HIS own name! 2 Kings 19:35
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:

The reason is only that God does not do anything arbitrarily. He gave every human being a free will to choose whether or not to submit to Him and obey Him with attendant rewards and consequences for either choice.

So, of course, He would command the Israelites to make a choice about their deliverance. If they obeyed Him, they would live. If they disobeyed Him like the arrogant Egyptians who had been disobeying Him like He could do nothing to them, then they would be punished along with them as well.

So, no, it was not that God did not know where He was going. It was only another test of the Hebrews to decide who they wanted to serve in that issue.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by amaniro: 10:15am On Feb 23, 2019
Your Argument doesn't still mean anything. You'll not go anywhere with this argument.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Don't disturb your head about that OK.

1 Like

Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
How many times do you want it be told you, that it isnt about a sign, but it is about obedience, the will to survive and an appetite for life or to stay alive

Hypothetically speaking, if you were among them at that time, I am quite sure about the unrisky and right choice you'll make

You are like a drug baron taking delight in trading in cocaine and other substance drugs killing thousands if not millions and being happy you are used in making money out of the misery and all
13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I
strike Egypt.

Check the bolded, then ask urself if u make sense..
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 12:34pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

The reason is only that God does not do anything arbitrarily. He gave every human being a free will to choose whether or not to submit to Him and obey Him with attendant rewards and consequences for either choice.

So, of course, He would command the Israelites to make a choice about their deliverance. If they obeyed Him, they would live. If they disobeyed Him like the arrogant Egyptians who had been disobeying Him like He could do nothing to them, then they would be punished along with them as well.

So, no, it was not that God did not know where He was going. It was only another test of the Hebrews to decide who they wanted to serve in that issue.
Don't u think the old book needs to be updated?

Somethinf like,
12. Put the blood on your doorways as a sign of obedience to me and when the angel passes, he will pass over you.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Don't disturb your head about that OK.
u cant even defend ur faith. I know most of u don't even know why u are Christians..

See victorian, a hardcore Christian. she don pick race.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
u cant even defend ur faith. I know most of u don't even know why u are Christians..See victorian, a hardcore Christian. she don pick race.
grin grin grin So Christianity needs to be defended{protected}! wink wink wink
Intelligent people usually go for burglaries on their windows,doors,gates,security guards with wild dogs and even big gates with another security post and group of guards, all these are put together just to protect their lives and properties.
But why is it that ATHEISM needs no defender{protection}?
Certainly there is NOTHING worth defending {protecting}in your faculty, spiritually as in psychologically ATHEISM is just like a Empty store! Matthew 12:43-45 cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Questions To All Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Don't u think the old book needs to be updated?

Somethinf like,
12. Put the blood on your doorways as a sign of obedience to me and when the angel passes, he will pass over you.
Why is that necessary since the very presence of blood is proof of obedience to Him?
Re: Questions To All Christians. by victorian(f): 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
u cant even defend ur faith. I know most of u don't even know why u are Christians..

See victorian, a hardcore Christian. she don pick race.

I simply left you and your research cause for me , I see it pure waste of time .

But for you? U are been paid for it . While me I get nothing in return .

So if I pick race like u said ? Well thank God I did! grin
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Why is that necessary since the very presence of blood is proof of obedience to Him?
from which authority are u quoting dis? Point to me where it is written dat the blood was a sign of obedience.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by Ihedinobi3: 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:
from which authority are u quoting dis? Point to me where it is written dat the blood was a sign of obedience.
Very weird. God says, "put blood on your doorposts and lintels". And you ask, "where is it written that blood was a sign of obedience?" Would it be obedience if they failed to put the blood where He told them to?
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2019
victorian:

I simply left you and your research cause for me , I see it pure waste of time .

But for you? U are been paid for it . While me I get nothing in return .

So if I pick race like u said ? Well thank God I did! grin
Ever since the enlightenment, religions have been fighting a losing battle against science.
God has moved more and more to
the gaps of human understanding. There was a time when if humanity didn’t know the answer to one of life’s questions, then God was that answer. That time apparently is still the present but fortunately, science is learning more and more answers.

Interestingly enough, God seems to be the answer to less and less questions. Evolution has explained human origin and the Big Bang explains the origin of the
universe. So what role did God play? As we learn more about evolution and the universe, God’s role will no doubt get even
more marginalized. The fact is that there really is no role for a deity to play at all. We can just factor out the deity and come up
with the same scientific answers.
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Very weird. God says, "put blood on your doorposts and lintels". And you ask, "where is it written that blood was a sign of obedience?" Would it be obedience if they failed to put the blood where He told them to?
Does being a theist means losing sense of reasong?

The reason whay a god requested for blood to be painted on doorways is clearly stated in the verses but I don't know why it seems hard for you to comprehend.

Now read the below verses carefully. Cofus more on the bolded there you'll see the reason he demanded for blood.

13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive

23. When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the
blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway,
and he will
Re: Questions To All Christians. by GreatResearcher: 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Does being a theist means losing one's sense of reasong?

The reason whay a god requested for blood to be painted on doorways is clearly stated in the verses but I don't know why it seems hard for you to comprehend.

Now read the below verses carefully. Cofus more on the bolded there you'll see the reason he demanded for blood.

blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway,
and he will

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Chukwuemeka Odumeje Bodyslams A Disabledwoman Ontop Of Chairs / Prophet Odumeje Battles With "Ruler Of All Demons"In His Church, Nigerians React / Was The Tower Of Babel A Literal Tower?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.