Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! (2601 Views)

Man Helps His Brother In Giving Birth To 3 Kids With His Wife, While He's Away / Indian Man To Sue His Parents For Giving Birth To Him Without His Consent / Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 8:49pm On May 14, 2018
95% of Nigerian Parents know Nothing about Parenting, there's so much abuse amongst So called Parents today against their wards so There should be a national ban on giving birth in the country until after a rigorous nationwide awareness on proper parenting

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 14, 2018
Just negodu
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Chubhie: 2:50pm On May 15, 2018
As weird as it sounds, I agree with you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Triniti(m): 5:57pm On May 15, 2018
True that! But outright ban is not the right way to go about it
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Femsyn(m): 6:04pm On May 15, 2018
Weird but in 100% agreement. Most parents need training themselves, both current parents and the oldies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 6:07pm On May 15, 2018
Chubhie:
As weird as it sounds, I agree with you.
For real, U can imagine parents yelling rubbish at their children , things like "Shut up! Don't talk! C'mon get out! Useless boy and Foolish Girl!" Too much to list them out, Completely killing the child's self esteem. How a child crying after receiving a serious beating is being beaten again to stop crying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 6:11pm On May 15, 2018
Triniti:
True that! But outright ban is not the right way to go about it
For now that we're struggling with our sky rocketing population, A ban seems Rational enough
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by ahnie: 6:33pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:
For real, U can imagine parents yelling rubbish at their children , things like "Shut up! Don't talk! C'mon get out! Useless boy and Foolish Girl!" Too much to list them out, Completely killing the child's self esteem. How a child crying after receiving a serious beating is being beaten again to stop crying

You just made me had a cheeky laughter
But to be candid,these kids sometimes can be something x.maybe just maybe the economic pressures could be a factor.
Btw I think you made a valid point grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Chubhie: 6:34pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:
It sadly becomes a lifelong struggle to which the child might not recover from and then transfers and uses such as a standard to raise his/her own kids.

The ugly cycle continues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Triniti(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:
For now that we're struggling with our sky rocketing population, A ban seems Rational enough
I think each newly married family should not have more than one child, that will be a nice step in the right direction, to caution the effect of this population surge that will consume us soon if care is not taken.......but will our Muslim brothers listen to such calls?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2018
ahnie:

You just made me had a cheeky laughter
But to be candid,these kids sometimes can be something x.maybe just maybe the economic pressures could be a factor.
Btw I think you made a valid point grin
This 1 u are having cheeky laughter, U sure it's not guilty conscience eh??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by ahnie: 6:38pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:
This 1 u are having cheeky laughter, U sure it's not guilty conscience eh??

Idunno o grin
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Acidosis(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:

Who exactly is going to place that ban on parenting? Is it Buhari, a man with at least 7 children and grand children (Who upon retirement by 2019 can simply decide to wed another sweet 16 nyanrinyan in Katsina)?

You want to bear the sins of Nigerians? Are you Jesus Christ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2018
Chubhie:

It sadly becomes a lifelong struggle to which the child might not recover from and then transfers and uses such as a standard to raise his/her own kids.

The ugly cycle continues.
True and then we cause a chain of Psycho traumatized generation. Very sad, it's so disturbing watching/hearing parents abusing their wards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 6:47pm On May 15, 2018
Triniti:
I think each newly married family should not have more than one child, that will be a nice step in the right direction, to caution the effect of this population surge that will consume us soon if care is not taken.......but will our Muslim brothers listen to such calls?
those ones won't hear word na, not sure we can even solve any problem in this So called Nigeria, I just needed to say it, so hard to witness so much abuses in our society and keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by okwabayi(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2018
The abuse problem I think will stop when parents become liberal via education and exposure. Most of the 40 years and under parents I know treat their children as little extensions of themselves.

The population explosion aspect lies on the poor and uneducated. They are the ones who bear 5+ children. Most educated parents only birth many as their pockets can handle: mostly in the range of 1 - 4.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2018
Acidosis:

Who exactly is going to place that ban on parenting? Is it Buhari, a man with at least 7 children and grand children (Who upon retirement by 2019 can simply decide to wed another sweet 16 nyanrinyan in Katsina)?

You want to bear the sins of some unenlightened born to rule terrorists? Are you Jesus Christ?
grin chai
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Acidosis(m): 7:17pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:
grin chai

Yes oo,

I understand you sha but your views are clearly from the perspective of morality. Sadly, responsible governments don't run on morals, but standards and principles.

There is no point persuading parents and placing restrictions on reproduction. If any parent is seen abusing his/her kids, people around should be able to report or call the attention of the police. But unfortunately, nothing seems to work in Nigeria. It doesn't matter whether the mother spent 1 year in labour, as far as you're caught abusing a child, jail should be the right punishment.

Also, we cannot ban people from giving birth because some parents decided to raise irresponsible children. Parents raised irresponsible children because the Nigerian law bowed to "labour room rhetorics" instead of commonsense. Beat a child mercilessly, as far as you know how to recite "I carried you in my womb for 9 months" , the law would simply bow at your feet.

That's how pathetic our law has become. A working system is everything. Same logic applies to everything else including Mr integrity's principle of fighting kwarruption

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by armyofone(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2018
They should learn to love Vasectomy - the art of clipping it. How can one man be "sowing" children all over the place, marrying two or more women and just breeding like roaches all over the place? I don't understand but did remember I read orgasm is used to relieve their stress...smh
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Triniti(m): 7:25pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:
those ones won't hear word na, not sure we can even solve any problem in this So called Nigeria, I just needed to say it, so hard to witness so much abuses in our society and keep quiet
it’s a calamity waiting to happen,if some serious measures are not put in place soon. We might end up in a very bad situation
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 7:29pm On May 15, 2018
Acidosis:

Yes oo,

I understand you sha but your views are clearly from the perspective of morality. Sadly, responsible governments don't run on morals, but standards and principles.

There is no point persuading parents and placing embargoes on reproduction. If any parent is seen abusing his/her kids, people around should be able to report or call the attention of the police. But unfortunately, nothing seems to work in Nigeria. It doesn't matter whether the mother spent 1 year in labour, as far as you're caught abusing a child, jail should be the right punishment.

You shouldn't ban people from giving birth because some parents decided to raise irresponsible children. Parents raised irresponsible children because the Nigerian law bowed to "labour room rhetorics" instead of commonsense. Beat a child mercilessly, as far as you know how to recite "I carried you in my womb for 9 months" , the law would simply bow at your feet.

u making a lot of sense but it's not just some, a lot of parents even more than my estimated 95%. True government run on standards and principles but Those things emanate from good Morals, The reason we have so much cultism and terrorism in our communities today is because despite parents failures the Chiefs and community kings are now Playing partisian politics and kids are totally neglected no guidance whatsoever And some get so confused on what the world demands off them and unfortunately resort to Codeine and Tramadol to get a sense of identity, we all know how that translates in our communities today. We should stop giving birth for now while we carefully identify and begin to solve our problems
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Chubhie: 7:33pm On May 15, 2018
Stallion93:
True and then we cause a chain of Psycho traumatized generation. Very sad, it's so disturbing watching/hearing parents abusing their wards
I believe if those parents knew any better, they would have done a little better.

Garbage in garbage out. Who shall bail the cat? Perhaps Buhari?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 7:34pm On May 15, 2018
Triniti:
it’s a calamity waiting to happen,if some serious measures are not put in place soon. We might end up in a very bad situation
Yea we sure headed to somewhere terrible with eyes wide open shocked
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by yvesboss(m): 7:47pm On May 15, 2018
emmachukwu99:
Just negodu

Please what does negodu means?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by chii8(f): 8:37pm On May 15, 2018
[quote author=yvesboss post=67592171]

Please what does negodu means? [/
quote]

It means look at.... just look at
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by yvesboss(m): 8:40pm On May 15, 2018
[quote author=chii8 post=67593452][/quote]

Thanks. . Being wondering
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Preciouzword: 9:25pm On May 15, 2018
Good day
I would love to know your opinion on this matter. Please kindly go to my comment box on my blog and leave your comment
https://momsall.com/abortion-dangers-of-abortion-is-abortion-right/
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
yvesboss:

Please what does negodu means?

Lol, it means "look at that"
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by yvesboss(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2018
emmachukwu99:

Lol, it means "look at that"

Thanks man. Learning the language in bits

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by jaszplus12(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stallion93:
this is really what breaks my heart! when a parent begins to say such of course the child's self esteem gets eroded!
my God, I know what it took me to build up when I reached adulthood!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by Stallion93(m): 8:18am On Jun 10, 2018
jaszplus12:

this is really what breaks my heart! when a parent begins to say such of course the child's self esteem gets eroded!
my God, I know what it took me to build up when I reached adulthood!
Me too, I'm a super introvert now and all blames to my parents. My self esteem is zero, I can't get out of it so most times I just stay isolated, alcohol helps me tho, I feel much better after some booze. I guess they're lot's of youngsters like me out there too on some serious substance abuse or who just turned psychopaths. Such is Life
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Giving Birth!!! by jaszplus12(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2018
Stallion93:
Me too, I'm a super introvert now and all blames to my parents. My self esteem is zero, I can't get out of it so most times I just stay isolated, alcohol helps me tho, I feel much better after some booze. I guess they're lot's of youngsters like me out there too on some serious substance abuse or who just turned psychopaths. Such is Life
oh dear oh dear! now you have added to my heart break!
but there's a way out...its not via alcohol or any of such...you need a true friend...that's not easy to get but keep focus and you will soon find one...male or female. but that person will be one who puts you first in thoughts and deed.
make a conscious effort first to go to a movie or dance with someone and try to probe him or her to tell you about their fears and tears then you will see that everyone has issues but listen....Paul Simon said in a song...."if I have weaknesses I don't let them blind me...I'll camouflage all I'm weary of"
so....let's start...take a walk this evening and feel the wind in your hair...your head....and your heart!
you're whom you say you are....STALLION!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B / I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing / Senator Yerima And His 13 Year Old Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.