Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing (2675 Views)

Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. / Should I Abort This Pregnancy Or Leave It? / 19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Psalme91: 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
We are blessed with seven children girls and boys and I have been on family planning after having my twin boys last year in October. But I am surprised that the contraception has failed and I am now 4 weeks pregnant with baby number 8. I don't really want to have this baby because my hands are full with kids and chores I have been doing it all alone since I don't have any house help ( any girl I bring to my house my husband will sleep with them) I have decided not to bring anyone else to stay with us. He is still cheating and doesn't really have my time or our children times . When I has our boys after 5 girls I tought everything will change and he will stop cheating but it has been worser than that. I don't want to bring another child to this world to suffer like the others and I want to terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible without him knowing but I don't know if it will be a very good thing to do.
Please advice me if I should go ahead or not ?
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by immortalcrown(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm! This is complicated.

He cheats, even sleeps with house maids and still meets you to an extent that you resort to family planning after having 7 children. Wow! He is hot oh!

I do not want to emphasize on why abortion is murder (sin). I will not do it because I do not know your religious belief.

But what about other factors? I do not wish you bad luck oh! But who will look after your children if you unfortunately die or develop serious health problems in the abortion process?

Okay, let's assume you are lucky and the abortion is successful, what if the aborted baby would have been the most successful among all your children? Also, how would you feel every time you remember you aborted your 8th child?

I no go tell you wetin you go do. Weigh my points above and make your decision.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Felimax(m): 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
I may not be in the best place to advice but I will tell you something.

Usually, that child will be the one to bring you the best of expectations.
Don't terminate it. I can feel your pains, concern and fears most especially at a time when you really need help the most. I have often said cheating is not as worst as failing in your responsibility as a man.

Madam, those kids will grow now and in no distant time they will start helping each other to success, they always do and when the time comes you will be so proud of your joys.

In as much as the pregnancy is here just give this baby a chance if you can. I know it's not easy but God will be your strength.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Biglittlelois(f): 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pls abort the pregnancy, he is already an irresponsible, promiscuous man, so removing this one wouldn't make any difference or change anything,

And ma'am, at this point, since family planning failed you, pls tie your womb.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by olasaad(f): 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
Hmmm! This is complicated.

He cheats, even sleeps with house maids and still meets you to an extent that you resort to family planning after having 7 children. Wow! He is hot oh!

I do not want to emphasize on why abortion is murder (sin). I will not do it because I do not know your religious belief.

But what about other factors? I do not wish you bad luck oh! But who will look after your children if you unfortunately die or develop serious health problems in the abortion process?

Okay, let's assume you are lucky and the abortion is successful, what if the aborted baby would have been the most successful among all your children? Also, how would you feel every time you remember you aborted your 8th child?

I no go tell you wetin you go do. Weigh my points above and make your decision.

You forgot to add what if she died during child birth. You guys don't know that this life is not a Nollyhood movie.

I don't support abortion but the true is Madam your husband don't give a dime whether you keep the baby or not. All na your problem

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by immortalcrown(m): 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
olasaad:
You forgot to add what if she died during child birth. You guys don't know that this life is not a Nollyhood movie. I don't support abortion but the true is Madam your husband don't give a dime whether you keep the baby or not. All na your problem
Dying for a good course is better than dying for a bad course.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by mardis: 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
How you still open your legs for a cheating husband still beats my imagination. You aren't even afraid of different kinds of diseases or the mother of all HIV. Just leave that pregnancy and co

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Raalsalghul: 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
Seven children in this current Nigerian economy?

SMH!

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by sholay2011(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Keep the baby ma'am.
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Klass99(f): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Mumben(f): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
@Op, I can relate. I av been in your shoes though not 7 as in ur own case, depression set in, so many evil thoughts began to sweep through my mind but my husband was always there to encourage me. He will always tell me not to do anything 'stupid'

Finally,I took the bold step and made a decision to have the baby and today when I look at him, I can't help but thank God for his life. He is mummy's boy and I love him so much.

It's not gonna be easy but you can pull through....go ahead and have the baby

1 Like

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Richy4(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Raalsalghul:
Seven children in this current Nigerian economy?
SMH!

grin grin cheesy smiley
She's indeed a super woman

Op..I would have said just let the foetus be... It could be that he/she would come into the world to wipe away your tears... It's seven already... You have started showering, u can't complain of cold at this stage....

But on the other hand, u are the one wearing the shoes, u alone knows where it hurts... Just do what you think is the best for you... Wishing you what u wish yourself dear.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Klass99(f): 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
smiley
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Richy4(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Klass99:

Ify Belgium shockedgrin. You mah, you don dey smoke weed? How can you be saying this kind of thing? The seven she has already have not wiped her tears away, neither have the two boys she clamoured for.

Shebi you saw the thread where a 22 year old user said his parents have 8 kids and narrated what their collective lives and living situation is like? I just don't understand what some people are doing these days when it comes to starting a family or building one.
cheesy grin grin
Klass, this one is a miracle baby in my opinion grin.. He or she swam into an ocean when doctors have closed border.. No GPS or compass yet it went blindly till it finds it's destination... (He or she make a determined immigrant) cheesy

I would have given him or her a chance considering it's desperation if I am OP's spouse.. he or she really wanted a chance to come in and shine in my old school philosophy and Opinion..

Others were planned, this one isn't... Let's see what unplanned one can offer...
Though I don't fancy couples bringing kids into the world that they can't take care of... But the special circumstances surrounding this one, I'd give it a chance... (It jumped border patrols of the doctors)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by immortalmortal: 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
This one fit be triplets o

1 Like

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Klass99(f): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by LadySarah: 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
How Una take dey get erection for this Buahri Nigeria? grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by GloriousGbola: 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Richy4:

cheesy grin grin
Klass, this one is a miracle baby in my opinion grin.. He or she swam into an ocean when doctors have closed border.. No GPS or compass yet it went blindly till it finds it's destination... (He or she make a determined immigrant) cheesy

I would have given him or her a chance considering it's desperation if I am OP's spouse.. he or she really wanted a chance to come in and shine in my old school philosophy and Opinion..

Others were planned, this one isn't... Let's see what unplanned one can offer...
Though I don't fancy couples bringing kids into the world that they can't take care of... But the special circumstances surrounding this one, I'd give it a chance... (It jumped border patrols of the doctors)

Means nothing. Every one on this earth beat hundreds of thousands of spermatozoa in the race to the ovum.

That is also arguably a miracle on its own

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Richy4(m): 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Means nothing. Every one on this earth beat hundreds of thousands of spermatozoa in the race to the ovum.

That is also arguably a miracle on its own

Yes everyone beats thousands of spermatozoa but many were not blocked from swimming..

If you think everyone is a miracle, then this type is an extra ordinary because there are hindrances..

It's just my opinion though.. not scientifically proven though.. cool
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Karleb(m): 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Let's even assume you people are rich. How do you cope with 7 little humans?

Even with a maid, children will still give you a lot of work to do.

Washing their clothes.
Feeding them.
Washing plates.
Putting them to bead.
Taking them to school and bringing them back home.
What if you want to leave home and they all decides they must go with you?
Preparing them for school every morning nko?

I just hope you are a full time housewife because I don't know how you can pull this off even with a little side hustle.

Imagine coming back from work and 7 children are fighting themselves to hug you at the same time.

Omo! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by bukatyne(f): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Psalme91:
We are blessed with seven children girls and boys and I have been on family planning after having my twin boys last year in October. But I am surprised that the contraception has failed and I am now 4 weeks pregnant with baby number 8. I don't really want to have this baby because my hands are full with kids and chores I have been doing it all alone since I don't have any house help ( any girl I bring to my house my husband will sleep with them) I have decided not to bring anyone else to stay with us. He is still cheating and doesn't really have my time or our children times . When I has our boys after 5 girls I tought everything will change and he will stop cheating but it has been worser than that. I don't want to bring another child to this world to suffer like the others and I want to terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible without him knowing but I don't know if it will be a very good thing to do.
Please advice me if I should go ahead or not ?

@bold:

What is your incentive for having child 7 and continuing in the marriage after all you listed?

Why did you think that having a boy child would change him? Did he tell you that his issue with you was a lack of a boy child?

Why do you think a husband who cheats and is inconsiderate would change when all you have done is continue with chores, child care and more babies (aka rewarding his bad behavior)?

Have you seen a child stop throwing tantrums when he/she knows that is the sure way to get treats?

IMHO, there is no difference between 7 & 8 kids. Also, I am anti-abortion in such instance so I say birth the baby & tie your womb thereafter.

Your problem is not the pregnancy; it is the lifestyle you and the current 7 are living. Now, you have at least five girls in your care that you are teaching that it is ok to be disrespected.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Mindlog: 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
I just feel for the 7 children already brought into such toxic setup because of their parents being irresponsible.

What happened to vasectomy and tubal ligation?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 20, 2022

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by 1Sharon(f): 9:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
Your contraception didn't fail. You either didn't use it at all or used it incorrectly.

And why continue to pop out babies for a man that cheats on you?

If his cheating was such an issue for you, you wouldn't give him sexual access to your body.

You and him ain't shit, if this story is true.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by koyyess: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
You should have stopped birthing after the second or third child.

I am not a promoter of abortion. You can have the baby and lock up.

Stop sleeping with that dog you call husband. He has disrespected and disgraced you enough.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by AuroraB(f): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mumben:
@Op, I can relate. I av been in your shoes though not 7 as in ur own case, depression set in, so many evil thoughts began to sweep through my mind but my husband was always there to encourage me. He will always tell me not to do anything 'stupid'

Finally,I took the bold step and made a decision to have the baby and today when I look at him, I can't help but thank God for his life. He is mummy's boy and I love him so much.

It's not gonna be easy but you can pull through....go ahead and have the baby
You had support, she doesn't. She has 7 already, you didn't. Madam, can she 'pull through' if this results t triplets
Kindly explain further, I want to check something �

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by henrimoto(m): 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
LadySarah:
How Una take dey get erection for this Buahri Nigeria? grin
... Country hard but Blood never stop dey flow through the vein. As long as blood still dey flow through the vein, body go dey move.
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by NoToPile: 10:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Richy4:

Yes everyone beats thousands of spermatozoa but many were not blocked from swimming..

If you think everyone is a miracle, then this type is an extra ordinary because there are hindrances..

It's just my opinion though.. not scientifically proven though.. cool

Actually I think it takes a sperm an egg and a miracle for pregnancy to occur,

The whole stuff looks so simple since we don't even see the fertilization process but it's quite complex (so we read) very extraordinary event if you ask me.
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Richy4(m): 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2022
NoToPile:

Actually I think it takes a sperm an egg and a miracle for pregnancy to occur,

The whole stuff looks so simple since we don't even see the fertilization process but it's quite complex (so we read) very extraordinary event if you ask me.

grin grin
I honestly understand you.. OP said that they had a family planning done..yet, she still got pregnant .. that was why I am kind of feeling bad.. The kid wants to come, so he/ she should be given a chance to survive...

I am even feeling uncomfortable talking about if a life should be spared or be eradicated...
Body dey do me one kind now.. I guess I wouldn't say anything on this thread again because it's way out of my comfort zone smiley
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Neptunium(m): 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by Richy4(m): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
Neptunium:
The kid wants to come to suffer, abi? undecided In a house full of 7 children already, where daddy no get their time.. him too busy chasing skirts, where mommy has her hands full chasing after 7 other kids ehn? undecided
My brother, the reason why I liked a platform like this is that everyone contributes their own opinion..

Opinions expressed will be different because people were different.. and we don't have to agree... That's why we all are unique in our various ways...

The opinion I expressed is based on the empathy stand point considering the circumstances surrounding his or her conception...

I will never ask OP to take my opinion... She is wearing the shoes and she alone knows where it pinches.. it's her call to make...

I like your funny outburst though.. I don't know if it's me u were angry with, or the foetus or OP or the husband...I can read between the lines but this one is above my head. grin
Re: I Want To Abort This Pregnancy Without My Husband Knowing by sisisioge: 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmmm....I remember your story. You had 5 girls you birthed every year but was depressed about being mocked for having girls until you had the twin boys...all looking like staircase. Hmmm...it is well. May God enlighten you. 7 children and still counting! Even Otedola doesnt have that much! I can only imagine what you would look like right now, probably twining with your mother. It is well! May God bless you with sense.

Do you know how money is multiplied? Do you know how poverty is multiplied? Do you understand the importance of quality upbringing, education and Medicare? You are over taskng your body physically and mentally! My sister, please think about those kids and stop complicating their lives by birthing more than you could handle! Even your husband is running away from the noise, crowd and the sure disorganized household you now have....more reason to find solace outside leaving you to cleanup. Even if you suddenly become rich in the future, the wobbly foundation will affect them. Please abort this and get a more permanent contraceptive. Good luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Begins Consumption Of Human Meat Due To High Cost Of Living / Is Public Breastfeeding Appropriate? / Linda Ikeja's Advice To The Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.