Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped (35510 Views)

Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) / See What Kofar Ruwa Underpass In Kano Looks Like At Night (Photos) / Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by comodo: 1:59pm On May 15, 2018
And the stupid Road Safety will ask you for Road worthiness in a road that is not car worthy.

1 Like

Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by Abagworo(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2018
Reference:
grin Where is that chap always posting pictures of Anambra civil works versus Kano or Lagos. He should come here and update his portfolio. Apparently all that glitters is.... not in Kano.

Were ya nwayò. This happens everywhere including Europe, US, Japan and China
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by safetyInspector(m): 2:58pm On May 15, 2018
Some road projects do have warranty period, if this one do, the contractor will fix it with no extra charge.
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by Reference(m): 3:16pm On May 15, 2018
Abagworo:

Were ya nwayò. This happens everywhere including Europe, US, Japan and China

Of course there is corruption every wia.
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by sweerychick(f): 3:20pm On May 15, 2018
akdjr:
Guy I am a staunch PDP member,. whenever u see a project like this u don't blame the party in government but rather blame the contractor.
I don't blame the contractor my dear! I blame the incompetent government that awarded the contract to the contractor! Before contracts are awarded, you need to scrutinize the company you are awarding that contract to and know whether they are capable of executing such contracts. Do you know whether the contactor was fully paid at first or under paid to cut corners. Or maybe the government awarded it to either friends or relations like Rochas is doing in Imo state. My dear I blame the government hoohaa
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by CrystalMax: 7:59pm On May 15, 2018
SheetOwl
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by sconp: 12:56pm On May 16, 2018
Hi @eminemkayc Any idea what could have caused this type of crack?
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by eminemkayc: 9:19pm On May 16, 2018
Several reasons may have caused this failure/cracks, ranging from poorly designed flexible pavement to quality control and shady construction practices. Typically from what I can see, one of the below listed points may have caused this failure;

=> poorly compacted sub grade material - As rigidity of flexible pavement reduces downwards (from wearing course), sub grades are supposed to be properly compacted to achieve at least 95% maximum dry density in order to prevent long term plastic deformation otherwise called consolidation as a result of moving/stationary vehicular loads

=> Inadequate or absence of base/sub base course material which should be a sandcrete mix all through the length and width of the roadway

=> wearing course insufficient thickness (min 2inch thick) as well as poor selection & mix of asphalt suitable for the terrain's operating temperature to cater for changes due to temperature variation.

=> Lack of good quality control during construction execution
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by sconp: 11:25pm On May 16, 2018
eminemkayc:
Several reasons may have caused this failure/cracks, ranging from poorly designed flexible pavement to quality control and shady construction practices. Typically from what I can see, one of the below listed points may have caused this failure;

=> poorly compacted sub grade material - As rigidity of flexible pavement reduces downwards (from wearing course), sub grades are supposed to be properly compacted to achieve at least 95% maximum dry density in order to prevent long term plastic deformation otherwise called consolidation as a result of moving/stationary vehicular loads

=> Inadequate or absence of base/sub base course material which should be a sandcrete mix all through the length and width of the roadway

=> wearing course insufficient thickness (min 2inch thick) as well as poor selection & mix of asphalt suitable for the terrain's operating temperature to cater for changes due to temperature variation.

=> Lack of good quality control during construction execution
Thanks a lot.
Your inputs are always very valuable.
Re: Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped by eminemkayc: 8:03am On May 17, 2018
You are always welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

14 Places Not To Park Your Car – FRSC / Photos From Inside The Medview Plane That Crashlanded On Nov 5th In Lagos / Akwa Ibom, Ibeno Islands Tour With Some Nairalanders .... Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.