Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? (2256 Views)

Why Do Most Married Men, Hardly Wear Their Wedding Ring? / The Breaking Point: Why Do Women Initiate Divorce More Than Men? / Why Nigeria Men Hardly Forgive Women Who Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 15, 2018
Nigerian men hardly initiate divorce.. why?

kindly share your opinions.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 15, 2018
cc lalasticlala
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 15, 2018
AmazonTopaz,lefulefu, greiboy, Missraine69,Pocohantas and Twoclans your opinions are needed.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:00pm On May 15, 2018
I don't know if there is a statistics for thislipsrsealed
So I can't say
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by tommy159(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2018
I think it's because of our upbringing, most of us came from families where our parents did not divorce, so it looks somehow getting a divorce.

Anyways if you are interested in mini importation FREE training on how you can import items with less than 1k and sell as much as 10k.. Check my signature, training holds this Friday.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 15, 2018
The societal norms favors men in marriages than women.

It is quite strange because ordinary romantic relationships tend to favor women than man in Nigerian. Women can play the heads of multiple men without raising any eyebrows and men are expected to spend and invest on ladies that they might not reap anything from in ordinary relationships

On the other hand, marriages favor men because women are encouraged to be submissive, while men are encouraged to be domineering. Some women might even be forced to abandon successful careers to become house wives. So except for rare occasions, men are often comfortable in marriages than women in the Nigerian society. Hence, they hardly seek divorce

Nevertheless, in spite of the aforementioned facts, it is women that want marriages and men that want to be singles forever in Nigeria. How ironic! cheesy

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 15, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
I don't know if there is a statistics for thislipsrsealed
So I can't say

95% of divorce cases in Nigeria are initiated by women..

is it that men don't face problems in marriage? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 15, 2018
lalas247 any input..

This isn't limited to Nigeria. ...men in the UK, USA and other European countries hardly initiate divorce... why?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 15, 2018
greiboy:
The societal norms favors men in marriages than women.

It is quite strange because ordinary romantic relationships tend to favor women than man in Nigerian. Women can play the heads of multiple men without raising any eyebrows and men are expected to spend and invest on ladies that they might not reap anything from in ordinary relationships

On the other hand, marriages favor men because women are encouraged to be submissive, while men are encouraged to be domineering. Some women might even be forced to abandon successful careers to become house wives. So except for rare occasions, men are often comfortable in marriages than women in the Nigerian society. Hence, they hardly seek divorce

Nevertheless, in spite of the aforementioned facts, it is women that want marriages and men that want to be singles forever in Nigeria. How ironic! cheesy

#fact.

Women are the ones that need marriage more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by ImaIma1(f): 2:48pm On May 15, 2018
Because they don't want the blame to be on them for the marriage failing. They would rather frustrate the wife till she can't take it anymore and now be the one to initiate it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Lalas247(f): 2:50pm On May 15, 2018
Hanseel1:
lalas247 any input..

This isn't limited to Nigeria. ...men in the UK, USA and other European countries hardly initiate divorce... why?

most times ... men are the reason why the lady wants a divorce in the first place.

see most men are happy to have a wife ' side chic, work fuvk Buddy, booty calls and still don't see anything wrong in it ... women just don't like the idea of sharing .. once a man steps out most women will seek divorce ...
in most western countries they favor women more so its easier for them.to initiate it .

in Nigeria I think ladies are Even more tolerant .. because of society .. kids etc so I don't think its as rampant but separation is very high !

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 15, 2018
Lalas247:

most times ... men are the reason why the lady wants a divorce in the first place.

see most men are happy to have a wife ' side chic, work fuvk Buddy, booty calls and still don't see anything wrong in it ... women just don't like the idea of sharing .. once a man steps out most women will seek divorce ...
in most western countries they favor women more so its easier for them.to initiate it .

in Nigeria I think ladies are Even more tolerant .. because of society .. kids etc so I don't think its as rampant but separation is very high !

Divorce records are getting high in Nigeria.

most ladies who stay in unhappy marriages are illiterates or broke ladies.

Sometimes I wonder if men don't have problems in their homes too because almost all divorce cases are initiated by women.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Lalas247(f): 2:55pm On May 15, 2018
Hanseel1:

Divorce records are getting high in Nigeria.

most ladies who stay in unhappy marriages are illiterates or broke ladies.

Sometimes I wonder if men don't have problems in their homes too because almost all divorce cases are initiated by women.

true my mum did after 15 years .. till today my dad still doesn't know the reason why ..
guess you are right sha .. I don't live there so can't say
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 15, 2018
ImaIma1:
Because they don't want the blame to be on them for the marriage failing. They would rather frustrate the wife till she can't take it anymore and now be the one to initiate it.

You mean.. they transfer their frustrations to their wives.?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 15, 2018
Lalas247:

true my mum did after 15 years .. till today my dad still doesn't know the reason why ..
guess you are right sha .. I don't live there so can't say

you know, women of the past generation weren't oportuned to get quality education.

exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 15, 2018
Its because of the way we guys were brought up. Remember Nigeria is in Africa and not Europe. Nigerian men are taught to stomach the inadequacy of a wife hence any nigerian guy seen to be quick in divorcing his wife over little issues will be regarded as an immature man. Rather it is required that the man resolves issues with the wife and in some cases an elder member might be present to oversee and help resolve the disagreement. But then there are extreme cases where a nigerian man has been forced to divorce his wife like if the wife is a chronic unrepentant flirt.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by KevinDein: 3:19pm On May 15, 2018
ImaIma1:
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by SoapQueen(f): 3:20pm On May 15, 2018
A plethora of reasons.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 15, 2018
ImaIma1:
na waocheesy..so how the man go come take dey frustrate the woman?cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by SoapQueen(f): 3:24pm On May 15, 2018
lefulefu:

Cheating, physical and verbal abuse, failure to take care of the family (his own part).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by ImaIma1(f): 3:51pm On May 15, 2018
lefulefu:

You know na. He will just keep loading her ammunition cheesy and pushing her to the wall with his actions. Just the way a guy that wants to break up with his girlfriend will stop calling her, start acting distant and strange till the girl just gets tired and leaves.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by highqueen(f): 3:54pm On May 15, 2018
Hanseel1:

95% of divorce cases in Nigeria are initiated by women..
is it that men don't face problems in marriage? undecided
marriages favour men,while relationship favour women.

greiyboy did justice to the question.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by ImaIma1(f): 3:55pm On May 15, 2018
Hanseel1:

You mean.. they transfer their frustrations to their wives.?

Not exactly. But pushing her to her limits till she opts out
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 15, 2018
highqueen:

marriages favour men,while relationship favour women.

greiyboy did justice to the question.

namesake?

the structure should remain like that then...

marriages and relationships can't favour women at the same time...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 15, 2018
ImaIma1:

Not exactly. But pushing her to her limits till she opts out

hmmm. ..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by highqueen(f): 4:01pm On May 15, 2018
Hanseel1:

namesake?
the structure should remain like that then...
marriages and relationships can't favour women at the same time...
lmao,that's how the society sees it.

yeah,namesake.smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by muyiwatosin: 4:07pm On May 15, 2018
cos women got shame jumping on the next d!ck
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 15, 2018
highqueen:

lmao,that's how the society sees it.

yeah,namesake.smiley

lol.. that's why some men treat ladies like trash in marriage because the women can no longer make shakara like they were doing when they were still in relationships.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 15, 2018
lefulefu:
Its because of the way we guys were brought up. Remember Nigeria is in Africa and not Europe. Nigerian men are taught to stomach the inadequacy of a wife hence any nigerian guy seen to be quick in divorcing his wife over little issues will be regarded as an immature man. Rather it is required that the man resolves issues with the wife and in some cases an elder member might be present to oversee and help resolve the disagreement. But then there are extreme cases where a nigerian man has been forced to divorce his wife like if the wife is a chronic unrepentant flirt.

even in Europe and America almost all divorce cases are initiated by women..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 15, 2018
SoapQueen:

Cheating, physical and verbal abuse, failure to take care of the family (his own part).
undecided
... undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by highqueen(f): 4:33pm On May 15, 2018
Hanseel1:

lol.. that's why some men treat ladies like trash in marriage because the women can no longer make shakara like they were doing when they were still in relationships.
lol.naso.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Hardly Initiate Divorce?? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 15, 2018
highqueen:

lol.naso.

cool grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Digest: Top 10 Sex Positions To Conceive / Women Stripped Naked Over Stealing Of N200k (see Full Picture) / Couple Prepares Meal In The Kitchen In Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.