Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! (1916 Views)

TECNO Debuts Globally The World’s First Polychromatic Photoisomer Technology / Meet The World’s First Satellite Android Smartphone, Thuraya X5-touch / Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by chineduace(m): 7:14am On May 16, 2018
Smartisan R1 Specs
Smartisan has packed flagship specs into this device but has also set a record with it. For the first time in the history of mobile phones, we have a device with 1TB of built-in storage! Yes, the Smartisan R1 has 1 terabyte of internal storage and its UFS 2.1. The rest of the specs are also impressive.

It has a 6.17-inch pressure sensitive display with a 2242 x 1080 resolution and an 18.7:9 aspect ratio. It is covered with Gorilla Glass 3, has a 1500:1 contrast ratio, and a 96% color gamut (DCI-P3).

There is a Snapdragon 845 processor under the hood clocked at 2.8GHz paired with an Adreno 630 GPU. It comes in four variants:

6GB RAM + 64GB storage
6GB RAM + 128GB storage
8GB RAM + 128GB storage
8GB RAM + 1TB storage.

The Smartisan R1 has dual rear cameras. The primary sensor is a 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor with a f/1.8 aperture, 1.4 μm pixel size, 4-axis OIS, and dual PD extreme focus. The second is a 20MP Sony IMX350 with a f/1.75 aperture, 1μm pixel size, and 6P lens.

The front camera is a 24MP sensor with a f/2.0 aperture ArcSoft ray algorithm and AI real-time beauty mode.

The R1 has support for Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC+eSE, and has a USB-C port with Display Port 1.4. It also has dual SIM support (nano only) and global LTE band support.

The Smartisan R1 joins the very short list of devices that support Quick Charge 4+. That means you should be able to refill its 3600mAh battery as fast as possible. It also supports Power Delivery 3.0 and 10W wireless charging. Sadly, it doesn’t have an IP-rating and also ditches the audio jack.

READ MORE: Smartisan Nut Pro 2 Special Edition Launched, Gets New Processor

Smartisan R1 Price and Availability
The Smartisan R1 comes in Pure White and Carbon Black. However, the Pure White variant is limited to the 6GB RAM + 128GB and the 8GB RAM + 128GB models.

When Smartisan’s CEO told us the price of the R1 will fall between ¥3000 and ¥15,000 a few weeks ago, he wasn’t kidding. Below are the prices for the different variants:

6GB RAM + 64GB = ¥3,499 (~$549)

6GB RAM + 128GB = ¥3,999 (~$627)

8GB RAM + 128GB = ¥4,499 (~$705)

8GB RAM + 1TB = ¥8,848 (~$1388)

The Smartisan R1 is available for purchase on the official site and also on JD.com. Included in the box is a USB-C to USB-C cable, a Quick Charge 4+ charger, a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, and a SIM ejector tool. There are also a bunch of colorful cases that start are priced at ¥99 (~$15).
Impressive; right? Very. You will want to own the world’s first 1TB storage smartphone.

If interested in doing that, the base model costs $550, while the top variant with 1TB internal storage will set you back by only $1400.
It looks like that will be money well spent too. The Smartisan R1 is a gorgeous and fully-featured flagship smartphone.

source: MobilityArena

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by GraGra247(m): 7:34am On May 16, 2018
You failed to add photos if it even exists.

That's the only phone on earth I'd be glad to buy for half a million Naira. Value for money. Money well spent.

Not an iPhone that takes all the money and yet very stingy in specs.

2 Likes

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by thesicilian: 7:35am On May 16, 2018
The first impulse is usually to ask what will one do with a whole terabyte of space, but I'm sure that was the same thing asked when the 1Gigabyte phone was first released.

3 Likes

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by chineduace(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2018
GraGra247:
You failed to add photos if it even exists.

That's the only phone on earth I'd be glad to buy for half a million Naira. Value for money. Money well spent.

Not an iPhone that takes all the money and yet very stingy in specs.

It's Official... It exists.

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by chineduace(m): 10:15am On May 16, 2018
thesicilian:
The first impulse is usually to ask what will one do with a whole terabyte of space, but I'm sure that was the same thing asked when the 1Gigabyte phone was first released.

In 2005, I bought a 1GB memory card for my phone and people said..... WHAT ...!!! are you crazy.

2 Likes

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by GraGra247(m): 11:58am On May 17, 2018
chineduace:

In 2005, I bought a 1GB memory card for my phone and people said..... WHAT ...!!! are you crazy.

Loooolzzzz grin grin grin
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by Darkseid(m): 3:40pm On May 17, 2018
chineduace:

1gb memory card in a phone was in 2005 was useless, same way 1TB storage in a phone in 2018 is a waste of resources. In 2005 the largest mobile games were about 500KB and mp3s around 1MB, so there weren't much need for large storage.
1TB storage in a phone may become necessary in 2022 when we start to see apps and games up to 10gb in size.

1 Like

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by omoadeleye(m): 6:10pm On May 17, 2018
what about expandable memory card to what?
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by KCode: 10:04pm On May 17, 2018
thesicilian:
Did you know that a few decades ago 640KB memory on a computer was regarded as worthwhile? So for this new development, only time will tell when it will go mainstream.
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by thesicilian: 10:43pm On May 17, 2018
KCode:
Did you know that a few decades ago 640KB memory on a computer was regarded as worthwhile? So for this new development, only time will tell when it will go mainstream.
I dey tell you. Download a few seasons of hd movies and you'll be needing an extra 1T memory card in no time.
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by Ejadike(m): 12:22am On May 18, 2018
Thats some nice device
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by alabo1: 8:33am On May 18, 2018
Darkseid:
1gb memory card in a phone was in 2005 was useless, same way 1TB storage in a phone in 2018 is a waste of resources. In 2005 the largest mobile games were about 500KB and mp3s around 1MB, so there weren't much need for large storage.
1TB storage in a phone may become necessary in 2022 when we start to see apps and games up to 10gb in size.

I disagree. With a 1 terrabyte storage with a 6.17 inch screen it becomes the ultimate media and gaming portable device. As a movie freak with over 3 terrabyte of movies my favorite TV shows and movies can be stored on the device for repeated viewing. With the ram and graphics chip all my favorite graphic intensive games are also covered. You can also store every official document on it for easy access.For me it is just perfect for today.
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by Darkseid(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2018
alabo1:

I disagree. With a 1 terrabyte storage with a 6.17 inch screen it becomes the ultimate media and gaming portable device. As a movie freak with over 3 terrabyte of movies my favorite TV shows and movies can be stored on the device for repeated viewing. With the ram and graphics chip all my favorite graphic intensive games are also covered. You can also store every official document on it for easy access.For me it is just perfect for today.
This one na story. Let's assume that the average mobile movie is 500MB. Only a very jobless person would need to keep 2000 movies in his phone, and by the way, people in developed countries hardly download movies like we do here. They prefer to watch online or use their TVs. Check out HPs best selling stream laptops, most of them come with 32gb hard drive and that is because most people use cloud storage.
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by ollah2: 9:40am On May 18, 2018
Darkseid:
This one na story. Let's assume that the average mobile movie is 500MB. Only a very jobless person would need to keep 2000 movies in his phone, and by the way, people in developed countries hardly download movies like we do here. They prefer to watch online or use their TVs. Check out HPs best selling stream laptops, most of them come with 32gb hard drive and that is because most people use cloud storage.

If this logic works everywhere, OEMs won't release phones with 265 and 512Gm GBs

1 Like

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by Darkseid(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2018
ollah2:

If this logic works everywhere, OEMs won't release phones with 265 and 512Gm GBs
Look around you, people hardly buy those variants. Sell a 64gb S8 for 220k and 128gb for 230k, people will gladly buy the 64gb model.
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by ollah2: 12:05pm On May 18, 2018
Darkseid:
Look around you, people hardly buy those variants. Sell a 64gb S8 for 220k and 128gb for 230k, people will gladly buy the 64gb model.

You are talking about Nigerian market alone. Secondly, you don't expect this phone to be released in all markets.

The fact remains, a 1TB phone isn't an overkill. It wi be bought by those who need it

2 Likes

Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by ElSakina: 12:09pm On May 18, 2018
All I can say is wow!

I love it already and this means the phone is all abt fast operation. Just can't wait to have one but still, I am so tired of my salary.
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by oxygenlove(m): 10:46pm On May 18, 2018
ollah2:

You are talking about Nigerian market alone. Secondly, you don't expect this phone to be released in all markets.

The fact remains, a 1TB phone isn't an overkill. It wi be bought by those who need it
This Is Just A Waste Of Space For Now. .
Re: The World’s First 1TB Storage Smartphone ...!!! by chineduace(m): 11:21pm On May 25, 2018
Darkseid:
it wasn't ooh,
I stored over a hundred music on it and became an emergency DJ when the need arose.
The babes were not left out...

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Z5 Or Umidigi Z2, Which One? / My Phone Is Killing Me, Please Help / How Do I Get Android 11 Update On My Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5g

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.